PDA

View Full Version : Having Issues With Freezing on GM side during Combat

Canadianginger45
June 19th, 2020, 03:54
ive been trying to fix this for weeks and have had zero luck. Whenever i run combat for my players my side locks up completely. Its only my Fantasy Grounds that locks up. I cant share maps or use the combat tracker or pull up nps sheets without it locking up. If they arent in initiative or if im not sharing a map its fine. The maps are barely 30pixels per square and im not chewing up memory or cpu usage. Ive stopped sharing modules, ive tried not having maps for myself, ive tried not having them roll initiative. Ive tried reinstalling the entire thing, ive lowered the maps resolution to practically nothing, ive also cleared all past shared images. Nothing works, it just locks up and i have to close the entire program to be able to use it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running the newest version of fantasy grounds. I am also using windows 10.

LordEntrails
June 19th, 2020, 04:36
Fantasy Grounds Classic or Fantasy Grounds Unity?
What is the image size in total pixels? (pixels per square is not directly important).
What is the image file size?

Canadianginger45
June 19th, 2020, 04:49
Fantasy Grounds Classic i think or ultimate. its not unity. Image File size is 36.6KB, im not sure how to find the image size on total pixels

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2020, 22:42
Is there a specific set of steps that you can follow with a single player connected that will cause this issue?
If so, can you provide a copy of your campaign folder, and the exact steps?
If not sure, can you see if you can figure out what the combination is?
Does it only happen with one image, or images from one source?

Also, can you verify the number of files, and total file size of all files, in the tokens subfolder of the FG data folder?

Regards,
JPG

Canadianginger45
June 21st, 2020, 00:32
there is no combination of steps. the issue arises whenever i run combat with a shared image, with a single player connected i don't seem to have any issues. I have four players, one of which lives with me, even with them all connected my CPU,GPU,and memory stats ont increase. i have steady wifi throughout the sessions as well. It happens with any image regardless of source, ive tried module images and my own imported maps, the issue arises with each one, no matter the size or resolution.

The token subfolder has no files in it.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2020, 01:17
Can you provide a copy of the campaign folder that seems to cause this issue? I may not be able to recreate; but I can try and see if I can see anything in the campaign or images that might be causing issues. Also, is there any particular map which seems to be affected the most?

Regards,
JPG

Canadianginger45
June 21st, 2020, 01:57
im not sure how to provide a copy, i cant seem to attach it

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2020, 06:28
You will have to follow steps like this:

* Open the FG data folder using the folder button on the launch screen
* Navigate to the campaigns subfolder
* Navigate to the specific campaign subfolder
* Select all the files, right click, and select Send To -> Compressed File
* When posting reply, use the Go Advanced option, and use the Manage Attachments button to add the ZIP file to your post.

If the file is too large to attach, you'll have to send to [email protected]; and reference this thread.

Regards,
JPG

Canadianginger45
June 21st, 2020, 07:15
appreciate it! ill send it over there