PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to use DLC from the webstore if I buy the client on steam?

Rayeficent
June 18th, 2020, 10:02
So here is my plan - I'm learning right now how to use FGUnity and I'm paying via monthly subscription and I'll buy all the DLC I need like player's handbook, monster manual etc here on the webstore. But I plan to go on Steam once I can buy FGUnity out there, because it's not yet available, probably because it's still in beta I guess.

So the question: When FGU will be (hopefully) on Steam store will I be able to use all the DLC bought on webstore or will I have repurchase them out there as well? Also can demo accounts (off steam) connect to a GM with a steam ultimate version of the software?

Trenloe
June 18th, 2020, 10:08
Welcome to the FG forums!

FG is the same on Steam or not on Steam. FG doesn't actually run through Steam - the Steam "install" is just a stub that runs the normal FG install.

You also don't have to buy on Steam to see your application license as purchased - FG sends purchased FG license info to Steam every few weeks, so if you purchase a license on the FG store, then within a few weeks you can add that license to FG on Steam and it will show as purchased. Note - this only applies to licenses.

The only reason to buy on Steam is if you get better regional pricing.

So, yes, all DLC bought on the FG store can be used in all installs of FG - as the Steam version is not a different installation. Likewise, a demo client bought on Steam can connect to an FG installation outside of Steam.