PDA

View Full Version : New Hit, Miss, Crit Hit and Crit Miss Icons

Willot
June 18th, 2020, 08:47
I decided to Jazz up the icons for combat a bit!
The story is the middle is a decal. I sometimes replace the picture with a little story about the PC's, something that may of happened in their past before the current adventure.
Tarsis turned out being the ad-hoc medic of the group as they have no cleric.
Its up to them whether they take it any further.

Three of Swords
June 18th, 2020, 12:40
You "decided to Jazz up the icons for combat a bit"? I'd say by quite a bit. :)

They look good.

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2020, 13:08
Nice

Klandare
June 18th, 2020, 15:26
is this an extension? and if it is what ruleset will it work on?

Willot
June 18th, 2020, 22:31
It is an extension I made myself. The art is stuff Ive taken from the internet (from about 4 different sources) and edited them to create the Icons. I then incorporated into another extension I made to make bigger fonts.
I cant really share it on here as the original unedited copies aren't my art.
HOWEVER I have included a vanilla extension with the normal FG art, all you need to do is place it in the extension folder of Fantasy grounds, unzip it, then go to ...graphics/icons or ...graphics/sidebar and change the icons and tokens to what you want.

It should work on any ruleset that uses the CoreRPG as it's base.

Take note if you are changing the sidebar buttons there are two graphic files for buttons, Normal, and pushed down. Pushed down is usually the same as Normal EXCEPT it it smaller.

FG will recognize the folder as an extension BUT if you want to make a file to give out. Zip your creation up.
NOT the folder, go into that folder (where extension.xml is) and zip from there. So the top level of the archive is extension.xml and the graphics folder!
Also FG can have trouble with the newer .zip files. Use one that uses the old style (I use Peazip)

ONCE zipped up! Rename the zipped file to [whatsever you called it].ext. Thats right! a .ext (extension) file is just a zip file in disguise!

OK have fun!
(see attached)

dellanx
June 19th, 2020, 03:17
Was able to add the extension, and it loaded. But not sure how does one add a New Hit, Miss, Crit Hit and Crit Miss Icons?

Thanks

icon name="roll_effect" file="graphics/icons/roll_effect.png"

Willot
June 19th, 2020, 03:51
Was able to add the extension, and it loaded. But not sure how does one add a New Hit, Miss, Crit Hit and Crit Miss Icons?

Thanks

Opps thats what I get for assuming. (Core listed the attack and miss stuff). ReDownload.... I added in the icons and fixed the Graphics.xml

dellanx
June 19th, 2020, 10:20
Opps thats what I get for assuming. (Core listed the attack and miss stuff). ReDownload.... I added in the icons and fixed the Graphics.xml

Thank you!

Willot
June 19th, 2020, 10:49
Dont forget to post a screenshot of your master piece! ;)

dellanx
June 19th, 2020, 22:19
Don't forget to post a screenshot of your master piece! ;)

It is a work in progress. For [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED] still getting the old icon. I made "roll_attack_crit_miss.png" thinking that was the icon for a fumble, but should it be "roll_attack_crit_not_confirmed"? It would be nice if [AUTOMATIC MISS] had its own icon. "roll_attack_crit_miss" did not work.

Then I tried the following:

icon name="roll_attack_crit_confirm_miss" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_crit_confirm_miss.png" /

icon name="roll_attack_miss_auto" file="graphics/icons/roll_attack_automatic_miss.png" /

Very nice!

Willot
June 19th, 2020, 23:17
Ill look into it, I play PF2e and we dont have crit confirms like old PF1e. We just get the Nat 20 or if you beat the AC (or DC) by 10 or more. With the skills DCs there is then usually a little table for each skill. Crit Success,Success,Failure, Crit Failure. and different stuff happens depending

mmmm I think it uses the same graphic as Attack (just a sword)
Looks like just create a picture file called roll_attack.png in the graphics/icon folder (it is already referenced in the XML, I just didnt make a picture for it cause PF2e doesnt use it)

I updated the above extension, but for you you need only add that picture file to Icons

dellanx
June 19th, 2020, 23:31
Ill look into it, I play PF2e and we dont have crit confirms like old PF1e. We just get the Nat 20 or if you beat the AC (or DC) by 10 or more. With the skills DCs there is then usually a little table for each skill. Crit Success,Success,Failure, Crit Failure. and different stuff happens depending

mmmm I think it uses the same graphic as Attack (just a sword)
Looks like just create a picture file called roll_attack.png in the graphics/icon folder (it is already referenced in the XML, I just didnt make a picture for it cause PF2e doesnt use it)

I updated the above extension, but for you you need only add that picture file to Icons

Thanks, roll_attack.png works great. If there is an Auto Miss let me know, but this is very nice. Willot, thanks much!

This is the updated version:

Can't delete this one:

gamerhawaii
June 20th, 2020, 15:53
If you want to change the hit, crit, and miss fonts as well, you could probably get it out of this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56332

(But that extension does not do anything for crit confirms and misses to my knowledge.)

dellanx
June 22nd, 2020, 22:38
If you want to change the hit, crit, and miss fonts as well, you could probably get it out of this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56332

(But that extension does not do anything for crit confirms and misses to my knowledge.)

That is cool.

dellanx
July 20th, 2021, 04:04
Willot, A while back I edited your extension. Today I made some more edits, and would like to share it with the PF1 community. I will draw some images so there will be no copy right infringement issues, with your permission of course. Thanks!

Just made some icons:
Miss:

Hit:

Critical Hit: