PDA

View Full Version : New Modem/Router Woes

Gryfen
June 17th, 2020, 21:48
(I apologize if this is covered somewhere already i did look but all i found was port forwarding references... which i have done in detail.)

I had to replace my router last week, I installed the new one(Exactly the same), and immediately ported 1802 because heaven forbid my weekly game might get disturbed. But yesterday when we all tried to connect.... DENIED. none of the players can connect.

The port is open, I have a second computer, that i use, I can connect using the External IP, but none of the players can. I've checked all the settings i can think of... but nothing has changed except the router, and I don't remember having to do anything drastic to the old one to make it work.

We've been playing this campaign for a year, every Tuesday, the only thing different is the new router.

The players can Ping 1802

one of the players took his laptop to a different location, and tried again today... when he did, he got in to the point where it said "John Connected" then immediately said "John disconnected" and he got the Cannot connect to host error from then on.

I have Cox Cable, Gigablast
I have the Panoramic Wifi Modem Router
Networked (Cabled) to the PC

Yes i made sure everyone was using the right IP Address

I've checked the router logs, you can see FG2 come on and open the port...

Ive gone to canyouseeme.org

and Ping test.org

Port 1802 is open and waiting for players.

I don't get it.... What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Zacchaeus
June 17th, 2020, 21:52
If Cox is your ISP then this may be the problem https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

Gryfen
June 18th, 2020, 00:39
Cox is in fact My ISP, and that did in fact solve the issue. What a pain. I didn't see the IP my friend was using in the threats area, so i had to turn the "Advanced Security" feature completely off. However once i did that he was able to connect without issue. So i guess i turn it off while we play and back on afterwords.

We did notice turning it back on did not boot him out, but once he logged out he could not get back in. Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Thank you very much Zacchaeus, you Immortal Greater Deity you :)