PDA

View Full Version : Where to post bugs/errors in FG II?

Wavestone
April 23rd, 2007, 09:30
I just wat some clarification.. I've been a beta tester, and thus have posted in the beta forum regarding things I've seen in FG II beta. Now, that you've released the real thing, shall I assume that I'll post in "the House of Healing" instead?

If so, it might be a point to make a sub-forum for just FGII posts, to separate them from the FGI posts?

Also, I think you can probably look forward to get many more bug reports, as the customer base is bigger than the beta test group... but such is life.

The one bug I wanted to report was one that I found in the beta, and just checked in FG II.. You cannot delete spells from your spell list! One mistake, and you're stuck with the wrong spell. :(

Ablefish
April 23rd, 2007, 09:32
Hah, I was about to create a similar thread myself.

That Delete bug applies to Weapons in the character sheet too, btw.

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 10:20
Moved your post to the House of Healing that is now dedicated to FG2, it being the latest released version.

I can't replicate your problem easily. Creating spells using the radial menu or dragging them in from the spell lists, I can delete both kinds of entries using the radial menu.

Did you see this in a campaign imported from FG1 or a brand new one? Was the character a new one or an existing one? Were you running as the host when the problem occurred or did you see this running in player mode?

Mellock
April 23rd, 2007, 10:35
Same thing here though. I don't "run" it: it's in the character editing mode.

The combat tab -> use the icon to create a new item in "weapons" and then right click on it, choose the skull to "delete" and... nothing :(

The same goes in the inventory.

But as far as the spells tab goes: the radial menu has no options other then "close"

Edit: the create/view local characters also doesn't allow spells to be dragged on the spell list.

Wavestone
April 23rd, 2007, 11:38
Hi again.. Thanks for clarifying about the correct subforum..

I forgot to mention that the spell list error occurred in create/view local characters..

I created a Sor1, and could indeed drag spells from the sorcerer/wizard spell list (in the d20 reference) on to the spell list, and it adds to the spell list. But trying to delete a spell from the list doesnt work. Nothing happens when selecting delete from the radial.

Just checked by creating a character in DM mode, adding spells.. and here, it deletes fine! just right click on the spell line and select delete from the radial.

So, probably something about local mode..

mr_h
April 23rd, 2007, 14:35
Hi again.. Thanks for clarifying about the correct subforum..

I forgot to mention that the spell list error occurred in create/view local characters..

I created a Sor1, and could indeed drag spells from the sorcerer/wizard spell list (in the d20 reference) on to the spell list, and it adds to the spell list. But trying to delete a spell from the list doesnt work. Nothing happens when selecting delete from the radial.

Just checked by creating a character in DM mode, adding spells.. and here, it deletes fine! just right click on the spell line and select delete from the radial.

So, probably something about local mode..

I hate to be a ditto head, but I created a character in local mode and ran into the same problem.
Did it in GM mode, no problem.

Ablefish
April 23rd, 2007, 15:25
Yeah, just to confirm. I was also seeing this in the create local character - it seems to work fine as a GM creating a character (I was playing around in Tale of Dinor). Haven't had a chance to see if I can modify a character brought in by another player.