PDA

View Full Version : Module Monstrous Manual not loading

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:06
Hello there again :)
After Update I'm getting a wrong message. If i try to load a monster in an encounter into the Battle Tracker ist says: "A module you are attempting to use is not loaded. AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual. Activate module and attempt to open the link again?"
If I click YES ... nothing happens.
As you can see on the screenshots the module is loaded.
What is going on?3692036921

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:09
It seems I cant put pictures to the thread :(

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2020, 16:10
No screen shots :)

If you go to Library > Modules does it show that module loaded?

If so, you can try deleting the MM out of the vault and running na update again. Also verify this repeats in a new campaign with no extensions.

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2020, 16:13
It seems I cant put pictures to the thread :(
There should be an icon called 'Insert Image' about here...36918

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:14

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:15
managed to put up the screens:D

Trenloe
June 17th, 2020, 16:25
Is this an encounter you’ve created yourself or one from another product?

If you create an encounter yourself with creatures from the MM, do you have the same issue? (You shouldn’t, but just want to check there’s nothing wrong with the base MM).

celestian
June 17th, 2020, 16:32
Is this an encounter you’ve created yourself or one from another product?

If you create an encounter yourself with creatures from the MM, do you have the same issue? (You shouldn’t, but just want to check there’s nothing wrong with the base MM).

Trenloe is correct.

If this encounter is in a MODULE you or someone else created and it has not been updated (load the campaign the module is derived from using the newer read only style monstrous manual and re-exported) it will not load the NPC properly.

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:38
Deleting the MM from the vault didnt work.
I can load NPCs/Monsters from the Module into the Combat Tracker. that works just fine.
It ist from the Ruins of Adventure Module. I bought it.

celestian
June 17th, 2020, 16:49
Deleting the MM from the vault didnt work.
I can load NPCs/Monsters from the Module into the Combat Tracker. that works just fine.
It ist from the Ruins of Adventure Module. I bought it.

Sounds like the author of that product directly linked to the Monstrous Manual instead of a creature within the adventure module. This needs to be reported to support so they can let the content dev know and fix the problem.

badbrownbeaver
June 17th, 2020, 16:50
Everything works fine in my other campaigns. It's just the "Ruins of Adventure" one.
Sorry I dont get this:
"load the campaign the module is derived from using the newer read only style monstrous manual and re-exported"
How do i do this?

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2020, 17:17
The conclusion is that Ruins of Adventure module needs to be corrected as it was built incorrectly. Not sure who can forward that info to whomever developed it.

edit: I think...
edit: Until that happens, I think you will have to rebuild the encounters

badbrownbeaver
June 18th, 2020, 11:28
Fantasy Grounds are on it now.
Thx for your help guys!
@LordEntrails: true, I have to rebuild them now myself. All those Kobold and Hobgoblin Hordes ... good times ;)