PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.1.4

MadBeardMan
June 16th, 2020, 21:57
Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.3 is finished and soon to be off over to FG and available in test next week (23rd June), so hot on the heels comes v1.1.4. Like the previous 5 updates, it's in the v1.1.X release cycle so all about Central Supply Catalogue which I hope those of you who bought it, are enjoying the mass of gear you can have on your Travellers!

Not everything made v1.1.3 and so here's what was missed off (spent the time getting some bugs fixed rather than doing this).

[Fixed] NPCs with Hits. When added to the CT these will now show the Hits correctly
[Fixed] NPCs rolling Characteristics. The correct NPC will now show
[Fixed] Rolling Characteristics. Boon and Bane now roll correctly
[Fixed] Party Sheet. Stacked armour displays if required over two lines
[Fixed] Party Sheet. Armour Rating how shows the 'General' value for the Armour worn. For example, '4' for Vacc Suit TL08, '13' for Combat Armour TL10
[Fixed] Party Sheet. Armour shown no longer includes all augmentations, just subdermal armour
[Added] Weapon Traits. Support for the 'One Use' trait will be added to the ruleset
[Updated] Spacecraft. I noticed during High Guard conversion that some ships have more than one Jump Drive and need other Power Requirements. This section will work as per the 'Detail section' allowing those to be added as required
[Updated] Fonts. I've reduced the number of fonts, as we going forward to help with localisation the ruleset will use more of the CoreRPG fonts by default
[Updated] Worlds. I've renamed these to 'Systems' and added a System field to each world
[Updated] Encumbrance. I've updated how MGT2E ruleset to work with the updated MGT2E Encumbrance (see Page 92 of the Core Rulebook)
[Updated] Stat Modifiers. Skill rolls now use the DM based on the Characteristic Value shown in the Actions Tab. This means injuries to a Characteristic may change the DM attached to a skill roll.
[Updated] Stat Modifiers. Weapon Attack/Misc Action rolls now use the DM based on the Characteristic Value shown in the Actions Tab. This means injuries to a Characteristic may change the DM attached to the attack/misc action roll.

With version 1.1.4 about to go to SW, I can now focus on the Spacecraft Combat Tracker extension.

As always, comments below on what you'd like to see in this update, note it's the last bi-weekly update before I start to work heavily on the PC Spacecraft and CT, that said v1.1.5 will still be worked on but will have a 4-week cycle.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 17th, 2020, 08:39
Honestly, when you continue like this, MBM, the ruleset will soon cook coffee and vacuum the house for us ;)

sallerin
June 17th, 2020, 09:51
I agree :)

chumbly
June 17th, 2020, 10:39
I am counting on MBM Traveller Fantasy Ground Ruleset to invent the Jump Drive and organize the
mission to Barnards Star...

Chumbly

MadBeardMan
July 7th, 2020, 15:02
Afternoon Folks,

Fixed a few more bits today. this version should go live at the end of the month.

Cheers,
MBM

greyseasunder
July 10th, 2020, 16:43
Thanks MBM!
I'm starting my first game of Traveller tonight and first time using FGU. Been looking forward to it and working my tail off to prep.
Thank you for all your hard work, my group and I appreciate it!

MadBeardMan
July 15th, 2020, 09:59
Morning All,

A bug has been reported with Encumbrance, so I've had a quick check and it's been updated in MGT2E and so I'll update it.

[Updated] Encumbrance. I've updated how MGT2E ruleset to work with the updated MGT2E Encumbrance (see Page 92 of the Core Rulebook)

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
July 26th, 2020, 22:37
Evening All,

I'm writing this on my new PC. I didn't really need a new PC but I love to build them, it's nothing special, slightly bigger case (gone back to mATX mobo over ITX), oddles more space (3TB vs 1TB) - dual boots Ubuntu and Windows 10. Ubuntu for coding, Windows for Photoshop/Gaming (until I can get Photoshop working in Ubuntu properly).

So the week coming will see me finish up 1.1.4 and then release the Spacecraft CT extensions, work in August will focus purely on the Spacecraft stuff. I shall also be working on CoC's Masks of Nyarlathotep as I want to run that starting September and get it released soon after.

There's been a slew of new Traveller books released, and we still have Reach 6, Behind the Claw and High Guard to come. I'd love to have a 'working' Spacecraft CT in time for High Guard release.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
August 4th, 2020, 14:57
Afternoon All,

I've decided that I'll stop working on 1.1.4 from this weekend. I've got a few bits left to address, but I've been putting a lot of time into the Spacecraft Combat Tracker and need 1.1.4 to support a few parts of it.

I'll fix any reported bugs as well as those already noted in the first post.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
August 11th, 2020, 23:39
Afternoon All,

I've decided that I'll stop working on 1.1.4 from this weekend. I've got a few bits left to address, but I've been putting a lot of time into the Spacecraft Combat Tracker and need 1.1.4 to support a few parts of it.

I'll fix any reported bugs as well as those already noted in the first post.

Cheers,
MBM

Any idea when 1.1.4 will drop ?

Xargun

Sylvesr
August 12th, 2020, 03:41
How do I get the current rules set in operation for Traveller? I run update and the rules version noted is Mongoose v1.1.3 so it seems my system is not benefiting from all the hard work MBM is doing and that I want to take advantage of.

esmdev
August 12th, 2020, 03:55
1.1.3 is the current live version.
1.1.4 is the current test version.
1.1.5 is the in development version (maybe 1.2?)

The reason I'm not sure about the dev version is at some point MBM will be moving on to the High Guard support which as I understand it will start with 1.2. It depends on how many more things are on the plate to support CSC which is the 1.1 releases.

MadBeardMan
August 12th, 2020, 16:29
1.1.3 is the current live version.
1.1.4 is the current test version.
1.1.5 is the in development version (maybe 1.2?)

The reason I'm not sure about the dev version is at some point MBM will be moving on to the High Guard support which as I understand it will start with 1.2. It depends on how many more things are on the plate to support CSC which is the 1.1 releases.

1.1.3 is the current LIVE version
1.1.4 is the current version getting ready for TEST

Next version post 1.1.4 will be 1.2.X which will be the versions that start to support Spacecraft CT, first as an extension then once I'm happy it'll roll into the main code.

So like 1.1.X which added rules based on CSC, 1.2.X will be HighGuard and 1.3.X will be Traveller Companion.

Though as I've said a few times, I play this game and if I feel a book/rule is needed for my game, it goes up the list, for example, I use parts of Traveller Companion so support for the new Characteristics may well arrive in 1.2.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
August 12th, 2020, 22:22
awesome mbm!

you're really making my life easy on play-days!

much thanks

adzling
September 15th, 2020, 21:42
1.1.4 is now loading and seems to be working fine, thanks for all your hardwork mbm.

I noticed the font size in the right side buttons has shrunk so the text fits better.

Is there a complete changelog for 1.1.4?

esmdev
September 15th, 2020, 22:20
1.1.4 is now loading and seems to be working fine, thanks for all your hardwork mbm.

I noticed the font size in the right side buttons has shrunk so the text fits better.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61785-Release-Updates-for-September-15th-2020

adzling
September 15th, 2020, 23:11
thanks esm, changing "planets" to "systems" is awesome but i don't see a way to enter all the other system info like other planets and transit time from/to jump points in the system...

I guess just add them in the notes section?

MadBeardMan
September 16th, 2020, 09:33

Morning,

MGT2E is now using the 'standard' fonts from FGU, so should work for any language.

Esmdev sent you the changelog, it's always on the first page.

Now about Systems. Yea, Systems better than planets because some of the books coming out now have more planets for each system.

If you have needs for more data within Systems then just ask.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
September 16th, 2020, 16:07
regarding systems Mbm; the two most helpful items would be the ability to add other planets in the system manually (i.e. add a line item with the secondary planet's UWP) and a data point for all planets that allows us to enter jump transit time to the planet in question.

Other folks might have better ideas ;-)

Xargun
September 16th, 2020, 16:36
regarding systems Mbm; the two most helpful items would be the ability to add other planets in the system manually (i.e. add a line item with the secondary planet's UWP) and a data point for all planets that allows us to enter jump transit time to the planet in question.

Maybe some way to link planets together into one entry for ease of bouncing back and forth ?

Xargun

Sylvesr
September 17th, 2020, 03:46
The 'standard font' you speak of; I had a moment this evening to look and the size is really small, hard on aged eyes. Is there a way to manually increase it on my end like a settings button? I don't see one. Is there a plan to allow vision impaired to improve the game accessibility regarding font size or perhaps bringing it up at least halfway to the previous size?

Sylvesr
September 17th, 2020, 03:53

Concur with this point. I have a system with multiple planets in my game (it was a non-jump game series). Also of note the table doesn't fully render, the "T" in Tons is halfway cut off. 39424

Xargun
September 19th, 2020, 17:48
1.1.3 is the current LIVE version
1.1.4 is the current version getting ready for TEST

Next version post 1.1.4 will be 1.2.X which will be the versions that start to support Spacecraft CT, first as an extension then once I'm happy it'll roll into the main code.

So like 1.1.X which added rules based on CSC, 1.2.X will be HighGuard and 1.3.X will be Traveller Companion.

Though as I've said a few times, I play this game and if I feel a book/rule is needed for my game, it goes up the list, for example, I use parts of Traveller Companion so support for the new Characteristics may well arrive in 1.2.

Cheers,
MBM

I have found a couple bugs with 1.1.4. Where do I post them ?

Xargun

esmdev
September 19th, 2020, 17:50
I have found a couple bugs with 1.1.4. Where do I post them ?

Xargun

Can post any MGT2 bug to this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51017-Official-MGT2e-Bug-Report-Thread

Xargun
September 19th, 2020, 18:00
Can post any MGT2 bug to this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51017-Official-MGT2e-Bug-Report-Thread

Excellent thanks... posted the two bugs we found last night.

Xargun