PDA

View Full Version : Missing maps - Sharing Violation

Midknyte
June 16th, 2020, 21:29
Hi all. I'm relatively new to FG. I've been using it for maybe 5 or 6 months. In that time I've been playing a campaign with some family members. One of which is up in Canada. She hasn't had any issues until about a month ago when she explained that all she's seeing is a black or sometimes grey background with a red question mark over it in place of where she was seeing the area map.

We're playing through The Dragon of Icespire Peak. We started in FG Classic and transferred to FG Unity. I've used Team Viewer to check things on her side and things seem to be in order, but she gets a blank map with a red question mark. I also noticed she isn't getting the theme I'm using either (5E Theme - Wizards). The errors she's getting on the console says Sharing Violation when she tries to download files from the server. Any ideas what would cause this?

I've looked around the forums a little bit and I've tried clearing her cache and double checking the folder permissions. I compiled her logs from trying to log into the server today. Should I attach that here?

Trenloe
June 16th, 2020, 21:48
I compiled her logs from trying to log into the server today. Should I attach that here?
Yes please!

Midknyte
June 16th, 2020, 21:53
Here they are.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2020, 23:25
Try having her delete the cache subfolder in her FGU data folder before she reconnects next time.

Usually sharing violations are caused by two programs trying to access the same file. Is she running more than one copy of FG at a time?

Regards,
JPG

Midknyte
June 16th, 2020, 23:41
I've already done this and it didn't help. I'll try it again. Is there any chance that a malware app or anti-virus might cause this?

Moon Wizard
June 17th, 2020, 01:28
It sounds like something has those files open for some reason. Perhaps two versions of FG running somehow? Try rebooting perhaps.

JPG

Midknyte
June 17th, 2020, 04:36
She definitely doesn't have 2 instances going. I did some desktop sharing with her and took a look myself. I'm wondering if it's possible she has something running that somehow ties down those files. Would something like OneDrive or Dropbox cause this maybe?

Moon Wizard
June 17th, 2020, 05:56
Yeah, definitely exclude the FG data folder from synching.

Regards,
JPG

Midknyte
June 17th, 2020, 16:10
Okay we have it working again!

Thanks all! This probably isn't as helpful for anyone else troubleshooting, but I did two things at once so I'm not 100% sure which one fixed it yet. I might know more tomorrow. She had a Ransomware Defender running which may have had some sort of "sharing" prevention and she had her hard drive compressed. I decompressed her hard drive, turned off the ransomware defender and restarted. It is picking up the theme and all the shared maps and everything now. :)

Midknyte
November 17th, 2020, 05:18
Quick update for anyone else that runs into this issue: Same family member had the same problem just yesterday (11/15/2020) where she couldn't see maps and what not. After taking a look at her system I found that Ransomware Defender was turned back on and it was interfering with her downloading files from me as the host. Turning it off in the system tray before loading up Fantasy Grounds did the trick so I can say for sure that Ransomware Defender causes some issues for whatever reason.