PDA

View Full Version : Spellcaster NPC - Noob help

Kurenen
June 16th, 2020, 19:26
Hi everyone.
I’m new to FGU and in need of some nooby help.

I’m trying to create a PFRPG2 spellcaster NPC in the bestiary, but I’m unable to populate the Spells tab.
What I’ve tried so far:

- Copy the spells text from a paizo product into the Spells field of the main tab:, closed the NPC and reopened it to force the parsing: no effect (the spells tab was empty: no spells, no class)
The exact text I pasted is:
“Arcane Prepared Spells DC 23, attack +15;
3rd bind undead, paralyze, vampiric touch;
2nd acid arrow, false life, mirror image, spider climb;
1st fear, grim tendrils, mage armor, ray of enfeeblement;
Cantrips (3rd) chill touch, detect magic, light,
read magic, shield”

- Tried to write the names of each spell in the spell tab, closed and reopended the NPC: no effect (I tried both typing lower-case and initial-upper-case): no effect

-Tried both approaches in a new NPC sheet, taking care of doing nothing else: no effect

So...how should I proceed to popoluate the spells tab?

Also, how do I delete the addirional NPC I created? (I’m not findeing a Delete button on the NPC sheet).

Trenloe
June 16th, 2020, 19:38
Welcome to the FG forums!

The Pathfinder 2 ruleset doesn't auto parse the spells like the D&D 5E ruleset does. You'll need to add them manually - see this module as a good example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50267-SR-Bestiary You can setup the spell class and drag/drop spells from the Core Rules module.

Delete any records you don't want from the Bestiary list - either enter edit mode (click the brown / edit icon) and click the red delete button, or right-click -> delete record.

Kurenen
June 17th, 2020, 18:45
Thanks Trenloe. That was really useful!

Is there a way to add rituals too? in the spells tab it would seem there are only the options to add spells and focus spells.

Cheers.

Trenloe
June 17th, 2020, 18:50
Is there a way to add rituals too? in the spells tab it would seem there are only the options to add spells and focus spells.
Add another spell class, and use it for rituals.

Kurenen
June 17th, 2020, 18:57
Thanks again.