PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Tables

CV43sailor
June 16th, 2020, 15:55
Hello,
I'm running an Adventures in Middle Earth game and I'm wondering how I might automate some of my tables. AiME has specific rules for Journeys. When starting a journey a player rolls on an "Embarkation Table" and then that roll will effect the roll on the "Journey Events Table" which will then effect the "Arrival Table". Is there any way to link tables in that manner?

It seems I can easily create a column that could contain the modifier for the next table. I just don't know how I would input that modifier to the next table. Any ideas?

The other issue is how can I make these tables so a specific player can have permission to roll but doesn't get to see the results? Or is there a way to take a roll from the chat window and apply it it to a table?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

LordEntrails
June 16th, 2020, 15:59
No, you can't have the roll on one table automatically effect the roll on the next table. What you need to do is add a value to the modifier box before you roll on the next table.

Drag a roll result from chat to the table roll field.

Wizards Ghost
June 16th, 2020, 16:06
Here you go : [URL="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables"]
The last paragraph shows how to stack tables, maybe that is what you need?

LordEntrails
June 16th, 2020, 16:38
Here you go : [URL="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables"]
The last paragraph shows how to stack tables, maybe that is what you need?
That shows how to link tables one from another, but it does not let you pass the results of one table to the roll of another table. It will roll on the second table with the default die roll defined for the second table.

Rades
June 16th, 2020, 19:36
It's some duplication of effort, but you could always make different versions of the followup tables. For example let's say you have 4 varying options each for Embarkation, Journey Events, Arrival.

Embarkation (just picking 4 random 'modifiers' for example)
1 - Sunny
2 - Rainy
3 - Windy
4 - Tsunami

This then links/auto-rolls on your second set of tables. Maybe you rolled a 3, Windy.

Journey Events - Windy
1 - Ship Capsizes
2 - Air Elemental Attacks
3 - Sails rip off
4 - Captain blown overboard

And lastly these link/auto roll on your last set of tables. Maybe this time you rolled a 1.

Arrival - Windy - Capsized
1 - 15 days late
2 - 10 days late
3 - 5 days late
4 - On time

You'd have to make a bunch of different tables to begin with, but the end result is a single table roll would give you the results I think you're looking for? And you could reuse certain tables if the variables fit. Maybe multiple results would use the same Arrival table, or you have just an Early Arrival or Late Arrival table you use depending on how the trip went, etc.

DGMaster
June 18th, 2020, 17:33
No, you can't have the roll on one table automatically effect the roll on the next table. What you need to do is add a value to the modifier box before you roll on the next table.

Drag a roll result from chat to the table roll field.

Are there some way to create a extension than do that or it isn't possible anyway on FG code?

I wan't to insert Spectacular Settlements tables on FGU and others detailed tables too.

I'll very thankfull with your feedback!

(Sorry about my bad english ��!)

LordEntrails
June 18th, 2020, 17:44
I'm sure a developer could code a LUA extension to add this type of capability. But it's not something you can do without an extension.

DGMaster
June 18th, 2020, 17:55
It's a good new!

I'm amateur developer so I'm reading the documentation to try to learning about LUA and FGU code.

Maybe, just maybe I can learn It!

Thanks you, Lord!