PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds II

geekworx
April 23rd, 2007, 08:10
Morning,

Downloaded the new FGII, ran the install, ran the update.

Then nothing happens. My icon doesn't point to an existing FGII program, there is no exe file in the folder and I can't start FGII up.

The updater takes about 3 seconds to update and then says done.

So like ... am I missing something?

Mellock
April 23rd, 2007, 08:13
Hehehe, yeah, the file for fantasy grounds is 152 kb. I think you packaged the wrong one :D

sppeterson
April 23rd, 2007, 08:13
Similar problem here it sounds like.

Updater says:

Getting package listing
Done!

then nothing else -- I click DONE and it just exits.

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 08:17
Same here. Maybe the update server isn't properly updated to handle non-beta keys?

Salar
April 23rd, 2007, 08:18
..it was all going so well.... ;)
John

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 08:22
Should be fixed now.

Ablefish
April 23rd, 2007, 08:23
Same deal here.
Ran the installer, inserted my 1.05 code, it kindly informed me that it would have to run the updater, did so - and all I was left with was a 'done' button to press.

After that - nada.

EDIT - K, I was posting at the same time as Goblin-King. Updater is definitely doing something more now... (So much I think it needs its own fancy countdown built in... :)

sppeterson
April 23rd, 2007, 08:23
Updater seems to be working now -- stuff is downloading.

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 08:25
The updater isn't working for me. :/ It's still just showing the message that sppeterson mentioned above. I'm using the full license, if that makes a difference.

drkknight32
April 23rd, 2007, 08:26
Should be fixed now.

Nope, still doing the same thing. Will try in a little bit.

geekworx
April 23rd, 2007, 08:26
Wooohooo ... you okes rock. :)

Now I know why I bought the product ... thanks for the prompt response.

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 08:30
If you ran into this problem originally and are still having problems, please rerun the installer.

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 08:32
Nope, still no worka. Is it possibly misreading my registration key from the previous installation of FG?

drkknight32
April 23rd, 2007, 08:33
If you ran into this problem originally and are still having problems, please rerun the installer.

Still a no go for me after the reinstall too

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 08:47
I tried uninstalling FG1.05 and FG2, and then installling FG2 so I could enter my license key separately, and the same problem occurs (the updater doesn't actually update anything).

drkknight32
April 23rd, 2007, 08:49
I tried uninstalling FG1.05 and FG2, and then installling FG2 so I could enter my license key separately, and the same problem occurs (the updater doesn't actually update anything).

Yeah, I'm going to try and give my system the old fashioned reboot to see if that helps any

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 08:51
I think I found this problem, it only affects a portion of users. Working on a fix now.

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 08:55
The fix is in place, let me know how it goes.

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 08:57
Much better! Thanks tons. :)

drkknight32
April 23rd, 2007, 09:06
Worked for me too. Thanks!

Salar
April 23rd, 2007, 09:11
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I thought I'd clarify prior to installing FG2. I have the full version of FG1 (purchased via this site's store), but I have no idea what my license key is, or where it is stored.
Will this be a problem for the install or will FG2 work it out by itself based on the currently installed FG1?
If it is going to be a problem not having the license key, are there any solutions I can do before I start the download?
John

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 09:12
It will be automatically detected by the installer.

Salar
April 23rd, 2007, 09:15
Many thanks for the incredibly rapid response! As a matter of interest, is it vitally important that I have a copy of the license key? If so, will I be able to retrieve it from FG2?
John

Mellock
April 23rd, 2007, 09:28
Many thanks for the incredibly rapid response! As a matter of interest, is it vitally important that I have a copy of the license key? If so, will I be able to retrieve it from FG2?
John

Well, if you want your license key, it's in your registry. Unless you feel like formatting or uninstalling fg, it's not vitally important, but it's always advisable to keep a backup.

longarms
April 23rd, 2007, 09:38
Okay, I have two computers both running windows 2000.

On one computer, I used the full license I have to install. Install went fine, but when on the first window showing the choices "host", "play", "characters" I cannot click anything. The program seems to be locked up. FG 1.05 works fine on this computer, so please don't say, dude its your computer ;)

On the other computer, I used the lite license and it works fine.

Salar
April 23rd, 2007, 09:42
Well, if you want your license key, it's in your registry. Unless you feel like formatting or uninstalling fg, it's not vitally important, but it's always advisable to keep a backup.

Makes sense. Thanks for that, I'll go hunting around the Registry and track the bugger down for future reference.
John

Mellock
April 23rd, 2007, 09:56
Makes sense. Thanks for that, I'll go hunting around the Registry and track the bugger down for future reference.
John
A quick edit -> search and then "fantasy grounds" will show you a value called "licencekey". Perhaps you may want to "search next"... But if you know what the registry is, you most likely don't need me to tell you this. Still, glad to be of service :)

Farnir
April 23rd, 2007, 13:49
The updater won't execute for me. I guess it's because I'm behind a firewall and require proxies to access the internet.

Is there a way to tell the updater where the proxy is?

Darkwater
April 23rd, 2007, 15:36
having problems with updater same as other people

Getting package listing
Done!

then nothing

Illrigger
April 23rd, 2007, 17:41
Registry key for your FG1 key is:
HKCU/Software/Fantasy Grounds/LicenseKey

For FG2 (same key as FG1, if you have it installed):
HKCU/Software/Fantasy Grounds/2.0/LicenseKey

longarms
April 23rd, 2007, 19:00
"On one computer, I used the full license I have to install. Install went fine, but when on the first window showing the choices "host", "play", "characters" I cannot click anything. The program seems to be locked up. FG 1.05 works fine on this computer, so please don't say, dude its your computer "

Problem fixed by changing my DPI settings. See the other thread started about this issue.

Darkwater
April 23rd, 2007, 20:38
Still cant get the updater to work for me can someone help

Thx

Monkeyboy
April 26th, 2007, 02:56
I have two full licenses, one update went smoothly, the other experienced the same problem described in other posts on this thread.

Matchstick
April 27th, 2007, 01:10
Still cant get the updater to work for me can someone help

Thx

I'm in the same boat. Get the immediate "Done" message and then nothing. I've uninstalled the original, I'm getting prompted and entering a valid key, and I'm still not getting anything.

No firewall enabled. Is there something I need to open on the router?

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2007, 07:50
Please see the following: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=40238