PDA

View Full Version : Supported Fantasy Grounds Parser for 5e

JayTee
June 15th, 2020, 23:07
Hello There!

I was wondering if there are currently any supported parsers for FG for the 5e ruleset

I have checked the forums and found many references to Par5er and Parser 5e but all seem to be no longer supported.

I am mostly looking to input NPC's and I had looked at NPC Engineer/ Engineer Suite. But this is also no longer supported and it seems the spiritual successor will be a bit of a ways off.

I do have Engineer Suite installed but I am having some issues with it (specifically parsing spell casting and innate casting) and as it is no longer supported I have no idea where to look to get some clarity on what may be wrong. I have gone through the manuals and forums but given my lack of technical expertise I am not having much luck

Given all that I would like to move to something that is currently receiving support.

I know I can build NPC's directly into FG but I'd prefer to avoid that as the easiest way I have found it to 'copy' and modify existing NPC's which can be quite time consuming., especially for casters and such.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

damned
June 15th, 2020, 23:58
There is no official, public tool.
Even Par5e required you to do a lot of markup, it was not a simple tool to use.

Trenloe
June 16th, 2020, 00:40
If you have an issue with Engineer Suite then ask in that thread. Even if the author is not longer supporting it, you may get guidance from people who’ve used it.

JayTee
June 16th, 2020, 00:49
Thanks very much folks. I'll post in the thread and see how it goes.

I'm not too worried about doing a bit of markup or corrections for parsing. I figure once you know what to do it should still be faster than doing it manually :)