PDA

View Full Version : Charger Feat Fixed 5e

Jets
June 14th, 2020, 20:58
I have seen on many different pages various attempts to give this feat a little more power, to make it a good option to choose. Tweaking the melee attack you make as part of your dash, don't taking your bonus action and many more.

I really think the problem resides in the dash mechanic in this feat, no one should be forced to dash everytime only to apply this feat, I really think that's dumb and not worth during a combat. Instead I came up with this:

GavinRuneblade
June 16th, 2020, 17:40
You can homerule anything you want. For myself, I prefer sticking closer to the RAI however. From the little I've seen, everyone complaining about this feat is trying to make it work every round, and usually trying to make it compete with great weapon fighter or two-weapon fighting as an option for people with one handed weapons. It is not intended for this.

What it is intended for is opening rounds and highly mobile fights. If you start far away you have a choice: ranged attack, or double move and let them hit you before you can hit them. This feat lets you dash and still attack. Especially for characters like assassins who get massive damage boosts for hitting during the first round or while an enemy is surprised, this feat lets them claim that extra damage from 60 feet away instead of only from 30 feet away.

But your game, your rules, modify it as you wish, just know you're moving it into a niche it was never intended to fill.

Jets
June 19th, 2020, 14:30
Now that you pointed out, it makes sense to take this feat to run double your speed and attack. Maybe adding an ability score increase should work.