PDA

View Full Version : New bug in Starfinder: Unable to scroll through inventory list without massive lagg.

Chewbroccoli
June 14th, 2020, 16:38
Hi! I want to submit a new bug for you guys! :)

I did not have this issue earlier so I thought I would report it now since it appeared during the last update. When I press items i am able to scroll through it no problem. But as I press the "weapons" tab, it takes about 3 minutes to load (new issue for me as well), and I want to scroll up and down it takes forever to scroll. The client freezes every "scroll tick" does that make sense? No error message or anything. I also want to mention that moving the window freezes the client! Thought I'd let ya guys know! Loving unity so far <3 Happy to playtest for you guys!

Picture has been imbued for you guys.
https://imgur.com/Wv3IDLh

Detroitus
June 14th, 2020, 20:10
I have also found this issue. Only since the latest update.

Copernicus219
June 15th, 2020, 02:00
Hi! I want to submit a new bug for you guys! :)

I did not have this issue earlier so I thought I would report it now since it appeared during the last update. When I press items i am able to scroll through it no problem. But as I press the "weapons" tab, it takes about 3 minutes to load (new issue for me as well), and I want to scroll up and down it takes forever to scroll. The client freezes every "scroll tick" does that make sense? No error message or anything. I also want to mention that moving the window freezes the client! Thought I'd let ya guys know! Loving unity so far <3 Happy to playtest for you guys!

Picture has been imbued for you guys.
https://imgur.com/Wv3IDLh

This has always been an issue with Pathfinder 1e in FGU. If you have more than a couple modules with a lot of items and you try to click on weapons or armor button it takes an extremely long time and then is super laggy when it opens. same with NPCs. Weird that it would just recently happen in Starfinder. Are you sure you haven't loaded a couple modules recently?

Detroitus
June 15th, 2020, 18:21
It has always been something of an issue. It has just gotten REALLY bad since the last update. Having to wait a minute or so for lists to open has always just been part of the FGU experience when there are large modules in play. This recent change seems to turn the issue from a mildly annoying inconvenience to a game-breaking experience. When I last played (two days ago) this issue rendered the game very nearly non-playable.

Chewbroccoli
June 18th, 2020, 09:42
This has always been an issue with Pathfinder 1e in FGU. If you have more than a couple of modules with a lot of items and you try to click on weapons or armour button it takes an extremely long time and then is super laggy when it opens. same with NPCs. Weird that it would just recently happen in Starfinder. Are you sure you haven't loaded a couple of modules recently?

Issues with long loading times and frequent temporary freezes are a common thing in unity. However- the last update made it so it takes 3-5 minutes to open the weapons inventory slow. and it is IMPOSSIBLE to scroll through. The moment that window is up and you try to move the window, the client freezes. you cannot do ANYTHING. you can still scroll through items through the "items" window, just not through the weapons and armour window.

Like trust me, it becomes completely and utterly unplayable at that point. (yes the problem still persists)

Copernicus219
June 18th, 2020, 12:48
Issues with long loading times and frequent temporary freezes are a common thing in unity. However- the last update made it so it takes 3-5 minutes to open the weapons inventory slow. and it is IMPOSSIBLE to scroll through. The moment that window is up and you try to move the window, the client freezes. you cannot do ANYTHING. you can still scroll through items through the "items" window, just not through the weapons and armour window.

Like trust me, it becomes completely and utterly unplayable at that point. (yes the problem still persists)

Yep, I know it still is an issue. I personally haven't noticed it getting worse, though I use Pathfinder.

DDM869
June 19th, 2020, 00:40
Since I've started using Starfinder in FGU, opening either the Weapons or Armor lists locks up the entire program. Every time I have to kill the process. I can also confirm that this happens for all of my players as well.

kevininrussia
June 19th, 2020, 05:18
Yeah, its the same for all rule sets. Files with lots of text data ether stop FGU for some minutes or hang it for so long you have to kill the process. Been this way for the 3 months I have been using the program. At this point I'm worried the developers have no idea how to fix it. Only solution they offer up is to turn off all modules with lots of text data during game.

Chewbroccoli
June 21st, 2020, 12:40
Yeah, its the same for all rule sets. Files with lots of text data ether stop FGU for some minutes or hang it for so long you have to kill the process. Been this way for the 3 months I have been using the program. At this point I'm worried the developers have no idea how to fix it. Only solution they offer up is to turn off all modules with lots of text data during game.

I wouldn't go as far as stating developers have no idea to fix this. As for the program freezing is something new that has occured to me and my players.

All we can do is report the bug and give them the time they need to fix it!

PS: This issue does not exist for me with D&D