PDA

View Full Version : Can you fix a "not found" graphic resource bug in an EXT with another EXT?

Varsuuk
June 14th, 2020, 05:32
When starting War of the Dead (built back in SWEX, updated to SWD in references at least), under SWD I see in the console:

Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (portraittoken_base)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (portraittoken_mask)
Ruleset Notice: Campaign database backup created.

So I look and find these in CoreRPG and tried to place them in the extension.xml overriding? to point to where I put them and I tried it just copying the files to the portrait dir in my extension.

Same error.

Here is my TEST of an "extension fixer" (totally unknown waters for me, especially with non 2E/5E-related ruleset.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!--
Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for
attribution and copyright information.
-->

<root version="3.0">
<properties>
<name>War of the Dead - Varsuuk's fixes</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<author>Setting by Lee F Szezepanik Jr.</author>
<description>War of the Dead Setting - bugfixes</description>
<ruleset>
<name>SavageWorlds</name>
</ruleset>
<ruleset>
<name>SWD</name>
</ruleset>
<loadorder>15</loadorder>
</properties>
<announcement text="War of the Dead by Lee F Szczepanik Jr. \r\nFantasy Grounds bugfixes by Dan Delgado (Varsuuk)" font="emotefont" icon="varsuuk" />
<base>
<!-- Graphics -->
<icon name="varsuuk" file="graphics/logos/varsuuk.png" />
<icon name="portraittoken_base" file="graphics/portraits/portrait_token.png" />
<icon name="portraittoken_mask" file="graphics/portraits/portrait_token_mask.png" />
</base>
</root>

I tried various <loadorder>s - 10, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 99 in case was an order thing since not sure what the word extension does. None made a difference. Still not finding the resource. I tried it also NOT putting in the 2 portrait token_XXXX defines above and just copying the png files to those locations.

Of course, I have no IDEA if this can be fixed like this ;) of if I must modify the original vault EXT file to fix it.

(PS - don't really care about the missing portrait thing, it's more learning how to add an ext to fix something I am not supposed to have access to the codebase on - so this was a good first thing to try before I went on other WotD.ext issues.)

damned
June 14th, 2020, 06:51
Yes you should be able to. It might still get reported but you can fix it by supplying a result after the error.

Varsuuk
June 14th, 2020, 23:05
Ah - I was trying to stop the report. OK, still interested - how can I check that these were "fixed" after the fact?

Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (portraittoken_base)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (portraittoken_mask)

What would indicate a problem using the resource before fix and what would it look like fixeD?

Thanks, you are always a Damned good help!

damned
June 15th, 2020, 01:11
As these also existing CoreRPG and possibly even in SaWo then it is most likely falling back to one of those
Or its a bug running WotD on SWD because of some change in SWD.
I think its the frame around portraits.

Varsuuk
June 15th, 2020, 01:30
OK - presumably it is "right" in vanilla SWD then. I'll pick a portrait in that and load it. See what looks like, then do same with WotD (which is likely very out of date according to the comments from SW folks when I was asking about the weight calculation thing being wrong in SWD)

I'll then compare it to the WotD with theme - my BET is the theme is pointing to a file that is no longer at that location. So, I presume it overwrites the define in CoreRPG - this was probably added as a work around ASSUMING that SW was not always built on CoreRPG - no clue, for all the years I've been here, I only played with 5E related stuff.

Varsuuk
June 15th, 2020, 01:41
What's the best tools (laymanwise) for this sort of thing.

I have gimp installed (never really load it) and tons of other tools, heck think have Photoshop 15 suite from 2 versions before they went to sub-only.

Mainly, for my creating the Adventure Cards deck, I used Paint3D on my Win10 PC then shared the results to my Mac (where I code/dev for FG on) since I know even less about Mac art/graphic progs.

so any easy open source (or works on old Photoshop Creative Suite / modern Acrobat) workflow advice is appreciated too.