PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures in 2007

Thore_Ironrock
April 22nd, 2007, 18:15
With FGv2 nearly here I'd like to take the time to update all of our customers on what Digital Adventures has planned for the rest of 2007.

Fantasy Grounds v2 Conversions
Top on the list is what is Digital Adventures going to do about our rulesets and the new version of Fantasy Grounds. Since adventures (campaigns) are not overly effected (other than perhaps linking issues), it is like we only update what we have for sale now if needed. If we encounter any serious issues reviewing these products we'll contact our registered customers.

As you all know, v1 rulesets will not work in v2, and right now Digital Adventures is feverishly trying to get all of our rulesets converted over to this new format. This is a difficult task for us, so we ask that the FG community bear with us while we get this project underway. Currently, our list of conversions are (in order):

1) Complete SRD
2) Savage Worlds
3) Arcana Evolved
4) Iron Heroes
5) MSRD

When these conversions are done our registered users (customers who purchased the ruleset via one of our online stores) will receive an email with instructions on their upgrades. Some upgrades will be free, and others will have a small fee (likely only $1-$2). All of these upgrades will be via Digital Adventures' Online Store only. The Complete d20 Modern SRD will, unfortunately, no longer be a free download; however, we will leave the old version up for free.

Regarding the use of our rulesets going forward, I've been assured by SmiteWorks that FGv1 and FGv2 can run on the same computer, and anyone new to FG who wishes to use our rulesets can still buy FGv1 at DriveThruRPG at: https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/index.php?. Going forward, all development of FG products will be done exclusively in FGv2.

New Products from Digital Adventures
In addition to our product conversions, we have an exciting list of new products planned for the rest of this year, and several more in the works. Here are just a few of the products we'll have for sale in the coming months:

More Savage Worlds!
Thanks to the positive feedback we've had regarding our Savage Worlds Ruleset, Digital Adventures and Pinnacle Entertainment have more than 20+ product conversions on the drawing board for this award winning RPG setting. This includes Savage Worlds tokens, Toolkits, and the Savage Tales series of products. In addition, our next campaign conversion (following moving SW to FGv2) looks to be the popular horror setting Rippers! For more product information on Savage Worlds (and their licensed products) visit Pinnacle's site at: https://www.peginc.com/

Castle & Crusades Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds
We are excited to announce an agreement with Troll Lord Games to bring C&C to Fantasy Grounds. This project will bring many of Troll Lord's products to the online world, including adventure conversions and TLG campaigns down the road. Look for this product release this summer. For more product information on Castles & Crusades visit Troll Lord's website at: https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/

Ptolus, City by the Spire Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds
Following the conversion of our existing rulesets to FGv2, we are happy to announce that we'll be converting this wondrous products to Fantasy Grounds. This ruleset is currently in the planning stages, with a release date sometime this fall. In the meantime, another product we have scheduled for release is the precursor to Ptolus, the adventure Banewarrens. Expect the release of Banewarrens sometime in early summer. For more product information on Ptolus, City by the Spire visit: https://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus

Drow Wars Trilogy Campaign Conversion for Fantasy Grounds
Thanks to Matt Sprange at Mongoose Publishing, Digital Adventures will be bringing the first major complete adventure campaign to Fantasy Grounds. This three-book adventure series, nearly 800 pages of adventure, has a target release of Gen Con 2007. For more product information on Drow Wars visit their website at: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/d20/series.php?qsSeries=34

More Adventures!
What good are rulesets when you don't have adventures to play with them? Digital Adventures will be bring more adventures to the community in the form of licensed products and original d20 adventures. We'll have more Adventurers Guild scenarios a DM and players can play in 1-2 sittings, as well as converted published adventures from Fiery Dragon, Goodman Games, and Pinnacle Entertainment.

More Products, More Developers
There are a lot of products we here at Digital Adventures want to do, but there are only so many hours in the day. This is an open call to anyone out there that would like to earn a few extra dollars doing Fantasy Grounds conversions, or developing original material for any of our supported worlds. Anyone doing work for Digital Adventures gets complimentary copies of products they are working on, and a few other benefits as well. A knowledge of Fantasy Grounds is required, and anyone able to do ruleset development is welcome. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Gen Con 2007
Once again Digital Adventures will be in Indy this summer for Gen Con, along with copies of all our products for sales along with special package deals. SmiteWorks (hopefully) will be at the booth as well, and copies of Fantasy Grounds v2 will be for sale at the show!

That's about all I can share at this time. I would like to thank all of our customers and supporters as we begin our third year in serving the Fantasy Grounds community. If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding anything in this posting, please let me know. I'm also always happy to hear about any product ideas anyone has to share, and looking for ways to improve the Fantasy Grounds experience for the community.

Best Regards,

Stuart
April 22nd, 2007, 18:54
I'll add to that if I may Thore ...

We hope to get the CSRD, AE and IH converted by July and August - the CSRD as soon as we can. I will try and post an update on the former once work is truly underway and I can give a more concrete completion date.

Fixes to the MSRD FGv1 have been completed, I am sorry to say that Work +3; Keen, Bane delayed things ... once I have it ftp'd, Thore will make an announcement on this.

As Thore has said, we have quite a few other other projects pending and some of these, I think, will make good use of FGII's new capabilities. Please, if you have an interest in helping us get products out contact Thore. I know I'll need some help towards the end of this year ... which can only be a good thing.

Roll on Monday ... yes I know, terrible pun.:o

Illrigger
April 22nd, 2007, 20:31
REALLY looking forwared to these conversions. CSRD is going to be a huge deal with the new version :)

Morfedel
July 13th, 2007, 16:49
I must say I'm a tad disappointed to hear that AE will be third in your list of things to upgrade. I'm about to start a game, recently updating to FG2, decided to do AE... and... ah well.

I guess I can live with it until then. But note you do have someone that wants to buy your AE product as soon as its updated! :D

Thore_Ironrock
July 13th, 2007, 17:11
I must say I'm a tad disappointed to hear that AE will be third in your list of things to upgrade. I'm about to start a game, recently updating to FG2, decided to do AE... and... ah well.

I guess I can live with it until then. But note you do have someone that wants to buy your AE product as soon as its updated! :D

I'm sorry Morfedel, but one of them had to come second.

Actually, the decision was also based on the fact that Iron Heroes is still an actively supported product by a publisher (ie. Fiery Dragon & Adam Windsor), while AE is sort of sitting stagnant at the moment. We are doing them as fast as we can, but unfortunately we have a limited number of developers to do these upgrades. The FGv1 version still works fine for my game! ;)

Now ... if you're offering to help, that's another story. :)

kepli
July 13th, 2007, 19:31
How are you guys doing with these products? Could you post a link or an update list? :D

Thore_Ironrock
July 13th, 2007, 19:49
How are you guys doing with these products? Could you post a link or an update list? :D

The CSRD and Savage Worlds rulesets should be done for Gen Con, barring unforseen disaster.

Castles & Crusades ruleset is nearly done. Hoping for Gen Con.

The MSRD ruleset is underway. No projected finish date as of yet.

IH ruleset is starting now, followed by AE ruleset.

Everything else will fall in after that. Unfortunately, some of these upgrades are proving challenging as we learn the new FGv2 code and the best way to present products. As we become more familiar they will hopefully speed up. We also have a few new licenses to announce very soon, and work on those will fall into line as conversions to FGv2 finish; plus you never know what I may dig up at Gen Con. ;)

As I've mentioned before, if anyone out there is interested in working on official FGv2 products from publishers please let me know. More developers would definately speed things along.

Hope this helps.

Morfedel
July 14th, 2007, 14:28
I'm sorry Morfedel, but one of them had to come second.

Actually, the decision was also based on the fact that Iron Heroes is still an actively supported product by a publisher (ie. Fiery Dragon & Adam Windsor), while AE is sort of sitting stagnant at the moment. We are doing them as fast as we can, but unfortunately we have a limited number of developers to do these upgrades. The FGv1 version still works fine for my game! ;)

Now ... if you're offering to help, that's another story. :)

:P

Well, I was a professional programmer (until the dot-com collapse; that was a lot of fun :pirate: ), but I am not familiar with the structures for the rules set. Right now, I have a contract for designing an online character generator for Wild Talents, but I'd be happy to give some aid. If that were the case, though, I'd first have to learn how the structures for the rules sets work.

If you are interested, let me know. My email address is cybermerlin at suddenlink dot net.

Morfedel
July 14th, 2007, 14:31
The CSRD and Savage Worlds rulesets should be done for Gen Con, barring unforseen disaster.

Castles & Crusades ruleset is nearly done. Hoping for Gen Con.

The MSRD ruleset is underway. No projected finish date as of yet.

IH ruleset is starting now, followed by AE ruleset.

Everything else will fall in after that. Unfortunately, some of these upgrades are proving challenging as we learn the new FGv2 code and the best way to present products. As we become more familiar they will hopefully speed up. We also have a few new licenses to announce very soon, and work on those will fall into line as conversions to FGv2 finish; plus you never know what I may dig up at Gen Con. ;)

As I've mentioned before, if anyone out there is interested in working on official FGv2 products from publishers please let me know. More developers would definately speed things along.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I want to point out that your list of what's getting done in order isn't matching what your post said would be in order. It makes AE look further back, and now I have to officially pout. :P

And as per my last post, I'd be happy to help, though at first it won't be much, between my working on that character generator for Wild Talents, and having to learn how the rules sets work.

Thore_Ironrock
July 14th, 2007, 15:11
Hey, I want to point out that your list of what's getting done in order isn't matching what your post said would be in order. It makes AE look further back, and now I have to officially pout. :P

And as per my last post, I'd be happy to help, though at first it won't be much, between my working on that character generator for Wild Talents, and having to learn how the rules sets work.

As the conversions began timelines changed due to the schedules of the developers. Sorry ... things of this nature happen. The AE/IH issue is very recent, and as a rule I usually don't post Digital Adventures' internal project issues in the forums for everyone to read.

As projects near completion postings will be made to the forums. I was planning on making a post-Gen Con report on projects in Aug.

darthfrodo
July 18th, 2007, 19:34
Mr. Baron Ironrock Sir,
Concerning the d20 Modern conversion, will that include the supplements, specifically Future and Apocalypse or are those things you'd like other folks to produce for you (as you intimated in the original post)?
Darth Frodo

Thore_Ironrock
July 18th, 2007, 23:40
Mr. Baron Ironrock Sir,
Concerning the d20 Modern conversion, will that include the supplements, specifically Future and Apocalypse or are those things you'd like other folks to produce for you (as you intimated in the original post)?
Darth Frodo

No, only SRD content. Those are products that require licenses to convert. Our ruleset is only the material found in the Standard Reference Document.

Valarian
July 19th, 2007, 09:12
There is some of D20 Future in the Modern SRD. Will the whole of the Modern SRD be included (Arcana, Menaces, Future), or just the Modern Basics?

Thore_Ironrock
July 19th, 2007, 12:59
There is some of D20 Future in the Modern SRD. Will the whole of the Modern SRD be included (Arcana, Menaces, Future), or just the Modern Basics?

Whatever is posted for SRD content will be in the product.

Starfleet
July 30th, 2007, 14:32
just wondering if there is any news on when the d20 srd update will be out been thinking of buying it for use with fg2 but that versions not out yet.

Thore_Ironrock
July 30th, 2007, 14:37
just wondering if there is any news on when the d20 srd update will be out been thinking of buying it for use with fg2 but that versions not out yet.

The plan right now is to have it done for Gen Con. Whether or not I get it up for sale before the show is based on exactly when the final product is completed.

Within the next 10 days (if not sooner) I'll have a pre-Gen Con posting to the forums to let everyone know where we stand. ;)

Waldo Pepper
July 30th, 2007, 17:54
That would be super. I'm anxiously waiting to pick up the Savage Worlds plug-in.

Thore_Ironrock
July 30th, 2007, 19:29
That would be super. I'm anxiously waiting to pick up the Savage Worlds plug-in.

To be clear ... the Savage Worlds conversion for FGv2 is a completely new ruleset, with working cards, wild dice, and a few other surprises. All current customers of the FGv1 version will get a free upgrade. It is not a "plug in".

The CSRD release is not a full ruleset, but module conversions (of the entire 800+ pages of the SRD) for FGv2 that will work with the default d20 ruleset.

Waldo Pepper
July 30th, 2007, 22:02
Oops, that was my mislabeling - I was indeed talking about the ruleset. I've held off purchasing the 1.5 ruleset (despite the free upgrade) because I only have FG2 installed and I don't really want to migrate my game once the FG2 ruleset is released.

Illrigger
August 2nd, 2007, 21:43
The CSRD release is not a full ruleset, but module conversions (of the entire 800+ pages of the SRD) for FGv2 that will work with the default d20 ruleset.
Bummer, I was hoping you'd tweak some things (clickable saves, improvements to the combat tracker, etc) in addtion to the SRD text. Ah well, I'll get it anyway. :P

Thore_Ironrock
August 2nd, 2007, 22:16
Bummer, I was hoping you'd tweak some things (clickable saves, improvements to the combat tracker, etc) in addtion to the SRD text. Ah well, I'll get it anyway. :P

We have tentative plans for an "Advanced CSRD" product that will be a full blown ruleset, but that will come after our other products are upgraded. Unfortunately, we only have so many people to do the conversions, and we felt it was more important to get the CSRD modules/data out there for customer use first.

Starfleet
August 7th, 2007, 10:11
Thore, just a question with the csrd how is it going to be module wise 1 big module or are we going to get split modules, ie

csrd - Monsters
csrd - classes
etc?

I'm debating atm on buying the 1.5 srd package but if the 2.0 isn't that far from complete... i'll wait both on entering a bunch of the data in myself or on buying the 1.5 version.

Thore_Ironrock
August 7th, 2007, 12:30
It will be broken down into several modules: Monsters, Epic, Divine, Spells, Magic Items, Basic Rules, and Psionics. At least, that is the plan right now. :)

feldrol
August 9th, 2007, 10:11
I am a new user of FG II and I just stumbled upon this thread. If Ptolus and Banewarrens conversion are still planned I will be very happy to buy those. Let's wait for post Gen Con update then :-)

Thore_Ironrock
August 9th, 2007, 14:48
I am a new user of FG II and I just stumbled upon this thread. If Ptolus and Banewarrens conversion are still planned I will be very happy to buy those. Let's wait for post Gen Con update then :-)

Unfortunately, Ptolus has taken an temporary back seat to our product upgrades, which are taking longer to do than anticipated. Banewarrens should be done before the end of the year, but it is likely Ptolus won't see light until 2008. Both are still in our plans.

Cody
August 9th, 2007, 17:02
I know you're busy... but I was hoping you might be willing to provide us a quick status update on the C&C ruleset.

I'm trying to decide whether to postpone my campaign to wait for it, build my own "temp" ruleset, or just run the first few adventures in d20. Any info you could provide would really help me with this decision!

Starfleet
August 10th, 2007, 05:51
with gen con next week are we still getting an update on the module status and which ones are finished etc before gencon?

Thore_Ironrock
August 10th, 2007, 06:03
with gen con next week are we still getting an update on the module status and which ones are finished etc before gencon?

Look for a pre-Gen Con update by Monday. Somethings things are literally going to be last minute.

Waldo Pepper
August 10th, 2007, 12:25
On a related note, will the stuff that is going to be introduced at Gencon be made available online during that period? I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the SW ruleset in order to start a new game.:confused:

Thore_Ironrock
August 10th, 2007, 13:13
On a related note, will the stuff that is going to be introduced at Gencon be made available online during that period? I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the SW ruleset in order to start a new game.:confused:

If I can get them posted for sale before I leave for Gen Con I will reply such to the forums; if not then they will have to wait until I get back. Any completed projects will be for sale at Gen Con.

richvalle
August 10th, 2007, 17:57
If I can get them posted for sale before I leave for Gen Con I will reply such to the forums; if not then they will have to wait until I get back. Any completed projects will be for sale at Gen Con.

Bah! Post them WHILE you are at Gencon!!!

:)

Have a good time! Wish I was going.

rv

Illrigger
August 10th, 2007, 18:12
Aye. That's what Cellular Data Modems are for, right? I'm sure you'll have PLENTY of time while you're there. GenCon is usually pretty dead and boring, right?

Thore_Ironrock
August 10th, 2007, 20:05
Bah! Post them WHILE you are at Gencon!!!

Have a good time! Wish I was going.

rv

For what the convention wants for Internet hookup I could buy a new laptop, and I can transmit bytes of data out of my *** faster than the free Internet they offer at the hotels.

Sorry ... :)

Starfleet
August 11th, 2007, 04:17
Could be worse!, you could be going to genconoz, the net there i can almost bet will be worse then gencon indy!.. actually I'm hoping that there is some good stuff at genconoz next year.

Dragonlord
August 14th, 2007, 19:00
I was just wondering if there had been an update to the status of the CSRD for FGv2. I've been checking the site (digital adventures) religiously and today it suddenly dawned on me to check the forums! :)

I stumbled upon this post and as I read through it, I was quite excited to see that we should have an update on Monday...only to find that there was no update on Monday. :(

So, I was just curious if there was any news as to when the Complete d20 SRD for FG 2 was going to be available to purchase.

Thanks!!

Thore_Ironrock
August 14th, 2007, 19:10
I was just wondering if there had been an update to the status of the CSRD for FGv2. I've been checking the site (digital adventures) religiously and today it suddenly dawned on me to check the forums! :)

I stumbled upon this post and as I read through it, I was quite excited to see that we should have an update on Monday...only to find that there was no update on Monday. :(

So, I was just curious if there was any news as to when the Complete d20 SRD for FG 2 was going to be available to purchase.

Thanks!!

Things are literally coming down to the wire -- but I promise and update on this tonight. ;)

"Patience is bitter whereas its fruit is sweet."
- Ahmet Cagri Simsek

Dragonlord
August 14th, 2007, 19:23
Thanks for the quick update! I'll certainly check back tonight for an update!

Starfleet
August 15th, 2007, 01:42
Things are literally coming down to the wire -- but I promise and update on this tonight. ;)

"Patience is bitter whereas its fruit is sweet."
- Ahmet Cagri Simsek

*waits paitently* ;)

Dragonlord
August 15th, 2007, 04:09
*waits patiently next to Starfleet* :D

Thore_Ironrock
August 15th, 2007, 05:38
See this post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46557#post46557

Waldo Pepper
August 15th, 2007, 06:33
Awesome! Now I just have to wait patiently until after Gencon when it's available to the rest of us. Thanks for the update.

GoOrange
August 22nd, 2007, 16:58
Any idea when the Savage Worlds ruleset for FG2 will be available for download?

Thore_Ironrock
August 22nd, 2007, 17:16
Any idea when the Savage Worlds ruleset for FG2 will be available for download?

Hopefully by this weekend. We are adding some last minute changes based on feedback from the show. I will announce it when it is ready.

Patience my young jedi ... :)

Waldo Pepper
August 22nd, 2007, 18:35
Hurry...hurry.... I've given myself a repetitive stress injury constantly checking DA to see if the new SW ruleset is up. :)

Thore_Ironrock
August 22nd, 2007, 18:52
Hurry...hurry.... I've given myself a repetitive stress injury constantly checking DA to see if the new SW ruleset is up. :)

Digital Adventures is not responsible for any loss of or damage to the person or personal property of our customers while waiting for a product release, nor will Digital Adventures be responsible for any injury, damages, death, or dismemberment to a gamer's person or property while using Fantasy Grounds.

nottescura
August 22nd, 2007, 19:14
Has the SRD for 2.0 been released yet? I know they said after Gencon which ended sunday? However I havent seen anything on the digitaladventures site yet

Waldo Pepper
August 22nd, 2007, 19:55
Digital Adventures is not responsible for any loss of or damage to the person or personal property of our customers while waiting for a product release, nor will Digital Adventures be responsible for any injury, damages, death, or dismemberment to a gamer's person or property while using Fantasy Grounds.
What about water damage caused by me crying into my keyboard? :D

Thore_Ironrock
August 22nd, 2007, 20:39
Has the SRD for 2.0 been released yet? I know they said after Gencon which ended sunday? However I havent seen anything on the digitaladventures site yet

When these products are done and up for sale there will be an official announcement on these forums and I'll be doing a general press release on ENW and GamingReport. Between getting things ready for GC, the show, driving home, getting caught up ... etc ... I hope you understand.

With the CSRD I have to figure out a way to do coupon upgrades for those that have already purchased the product, and that alone is several serveral several hundred customers. When that is done I will be emailing existing customers and the new version will be up for sale. There is also an FG bug fix in modules we found that Tero has to fix with an update, else the CSRD Monster module will crash if not closed when FG exits (this is an FG problem, not our coding). When this is all done the CSRD will be for sale.

Savage Worlds should be up by the weekend, and the CSRD (hopefully) sometime next week.

I apologize for the wait guys, but I'm not going to sell a wine before its time.

Thore_Ironrock
August 22nd, 2007, 20:41
What about water damage caused by me crying into my keyboard? :D

That falls under the personal property clause. :)

ProfMarks
August 23rd, 2007, 02:17
Can't wait, thanks for the update.

Starfleet
August 23rd, 2007, 03:56
When these products are done and up for sale there will be an official announcement on these forums and I'll be doing a general press release on ENW and GamingReport. Between getting things ready for GC, the show, driving home, getting caught up ... etc ... I hope you understand.

With the CSRD I have to figure out a way to do coupon upgrades for those that have already purchased the product, and that alone is several serveral several hundred customers. When that is done I will be emailing existing customers and the new version will be up for sale. There is also an FG bug fix in modules we found that Tero has to fix with an update, else the CSRD Monster module will crash if not closed when FG exits (this is an FG problem, not our coding). When this is all done the CSRD will be for sale.

Savage Worlds should be up by the weekend, and the CSRD (hopefully) sometime next week.

I apologize for the wait guys, but I'm not going to sell a wine before its time.

ok no offense to sound crappy but fairs fair, you made an announcement before gencon that we'd get them hopefully before then durring the show we got told after.. we also get told people at the show can get the datasets, so that puts them up one slot above the rest of us who sorry don't have the cash or the passport to travel to america for gencon.

Why is it we who get told we have to wait i bet those people at gencon didn't have to wait? Some of us have been paitently waiting for the csrd release because it offers a bunch of data that smiteworks didn't include in fantasy grounds, now once again were being told nope another week, after waiting *drum roll* a week..

fair is fair :( I'm starting to wonder if we will ever see the updated datasets :( and sorry that i posted to the other post i read it First.

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2007, 04:12
My announcement said the following:

Information on upgrades to The Complete SRD and Savage Worlds Ruleset from Fantasy Grounds v1.05f products for existing registered customers will be distributed post-Gen Con.

As I've previously stated:

1) We are making some last minute updates to the Savage Worlds ruleset based on feedback from the show. These were things we deemed were important to get into the ruleset and should be done very shortly.

2) It has been my intention to reward my loyal customers of the previous version of the CSRD with a discounted upgrade. Doing that is not an easy task, as I'll likely have to send out emails to each of those customers individually in addition to figuring out how to offer the discount via my online stores. This is over 500 customers spread across three different online stores. The only other alternative is for me to release it w/no discount, and do it tomorrow. I would think that the FG community would rather appreciate the discount, so I've chosen to go that path.

Lastly, I just return from six very exhausting days in Indy, had to return to my regular job today completely wore out. Hell, I don't even have my smelly laundry from the trip done yet. I don't know what I did to earn such venom from you Rob, but I surely do not feel it is deserved.

Starfleet
August 23rd, 2007, 04:26
how is expressing my disapointment venom?

I was stating what you said as I read it durring the show you said after now it's after and a week mind and it's still not out.. some of us have been paitently awaiting some of the data based on what you said rather then doing it ourselves..

Now instead I have found out i'm going to have to spend the next 2 days entering monster data because no csrd with the data.

I'm sorry if you feel that my post was venom but i was reacting from what you, yourself had said durring the show.. on here you said that we would be able to get it after the show your own comment was that the only reason we didn't have it before was because you had only 3 hours sleep.

like i said i'm sorry if you feel that it's venom, but i'm just having to rework an entire game because of data we expected isn't avalible... I'm just you know a little miffed.

the other reason that some of us are a little upset, is that if you brought fantasy grounds 2.0 you are -not- entitaled to use 1.x smiteworks has said that themselves, so I can't just use the previous version as i only have 1 liecnese for 1.x and.. i don't even have fantasy grounds 1.x anymore because my laptop crashed and removed it.

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2007, 04:52
I'm sorry Rob, but I'm not going to release this product before it can be properly available to all of my customers in the way I've intended from the start.

joshuha
August 23rd, 2007, 04:54
Starfleet,

I think you may be a little confused about what has been said in the thread earlier. I just read over all of this thread and the Gencon one and the only thing mentioned about pre-Gencon was that IF the sales would go on pre-Gencon he would post so and if not they would begin to go on sale to Gencon customers then.

He then posted a link to the Gencon thread stating they would start to be sold there. In that thread he posted that POST GenCon (which ended Sunday night so hasn't been a week since it ended) he would get them out ASAP.

He updated the thread today to let people know that due to feedback at Gencon some things needed to be modified (otherwise the product you get might not work right).

So I am not seeing where he gave an exact date that there would be a public release?

Also, I am not sure what you are referring to with the whole Smiteworks and 1.5 thing, that seems unrelated to Digital Adventures.

Starfleet
August 23rd, 2007, 09:57
Alright I appologise just really want the csrd I appologise and shouldn't have gone off my rocker.. hopefully my appologie is accepted.

sloejack
August 23rd, 2007, 16:23
Alright I appologise just really want the csrd I appologise and shouldn't have gone off my rocker.. hopefully my appologie is accepted.

In the for what it's worth column, the CSRD is ready. However, as mentioned earlier, in the development of it we uncovered an issue with Fantasy Grounds that will require a patch to Fantasy Grounds to resolve otherwise the use of the modules (especially the monster one) will cause FG to crash.

I wouldn't expect to see the CSRD released until that patch is pushed out by Smiteworks.

bigdruid
August 28th, 2007, 00:00
In the for what it's worth column, the CSRD is ready. However, as mentioned earlier, in the development of it we uncovered an issue with Fantasy Grounds that will require a patch to Fantasy Grounds to resolve otherwise the use of the modules (especially the monster one) will cause FG to crash.

I wouldn't expect to see the CSRD released until that patch is pushed out by Smiteworks.
So, is there word of this needed patch in another thread? Any timeline at all?

richvalle
August 28th, 2007, 00:37
Nothing has been posted yet.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 28th, 2007, 00:51
So, is there word of this needed patch in another thread? Any timeline at all?

The SW boys had a very rough flight home. I'm waiting to hear from them on the patch.

As soon as I can get coupons working in my online store folks, things will get posted. Hopefully not long now.

Thanks,

Dragonstar
August 28th, 2007, 17:47
In the meantime, for those of us who bought the CSRD at GenCon and want to try using it anyway, understanding the possible crash issues, can I assume that CSRD modules go in the modules file, and not the ruleset file?

Thore_Ironrock
August 28th, 2007, 17:49
In the meantime, for those of us who bought the CSRD at GenCon and want to try using it anyway, understanding the possible crash issues, can I assume that CSRD modules go in the modules file, and not the ruleset file?

Yes. All you have to do is make sure the monster module is closed before you exit FG. I'm told the fix is coming ASAP. The problem is with FG, not our modules.

Thanks!

Dragonstar
August 28th, 2007, 17:50
Thanks, Thore, for the prompt response!

Grey Mage
August 28th, 2007, 20:45
Kevin,

Sorry to be so long in getting back with you but I caught a very nasty summer cold on the flight home for Indianapolis.

I just wanted to let you know (again) how very good it was to get to meet with you and the guys from SW and put faces with the names on the board.

I was one of the people who already owned 1.5 and went ahead and purchased a full price copy of the CSRD for FG2 because it is just a great product and I don't mind putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

I stopped by your booth a couple of times, but didn't want to bother you when you were in the middle of doing your thing. It was nice to see more people getting with the program. :)

Hope we can do it again next year,

Frank

Thore_Ironrock
August 29th, 2007, 00:35
Kevin,

Sorry to be so long in getting back with you but I caught a very nasty summer cold on the flight home for Indianapolis.

I just wanted to let you know (again) how very good it was to get to meet with you and the guys from SW and put faces with the names on the board.

I was one of the people who already owned 1.5 and went ahead and purchased a full price copy of the CSRD for FG2 because it is just a great product and I don't mind putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

I stopped by your booth a couple of times, but didn't want to bother you when you were in the middle of doing your thing. It was nice to see more people getting with the program. :)

Hope we can do it again next year,

Frank

Everyone ... this is Frank, the very first person to track me down at the booth and ask for me by name. Usually that happens when I owe someone money or dated their daughter, but thankfully Frank was neither. :)

Great to meet you Frank, and anyone else that stopped by during the show.

As for an update on the releases ... at the moment I'm waitinig for OneBookShelf to get me a list of customers for upgrades. It seems that the new RPGNow/DriveThruRPG merger is not as perfect as everyone hopes, and as a "feature" I can no longer obtain the email addresses of my customers without a formal request. Hopefully that will be very soon, and then the products will be for sale.

Thanks!

derthnada
August 30th, 2007, 14:30
But...but what about those of us who aren't upgrading? What about those of us who have just been waiting to play Savage Worlds in Fantasy Grounds 2 for the UNTOLD AEONS that have ground slowly past since you announced that such a dream could even be possible...and not only possible...that it would, in fact, be wrought with your very own benevolent hands? What of those who have been holding their breath since GenCon ended, checking hour after hour for that fateful post proclaiming that what was finished for GenCon would now be available for download by the rest of us?

Why must we continue to suffer, I ask you, for the sake of email lists which we non-upgrading masses will not even be on? Oh, WHY, god, WHY?!??!?!

*sob*

*swoon*

As for an update on the releases ... at the moment I'm waitinig for OneBookShelf to get me a list of customers for upgrades. It seems that the new RPGNow/DriveThruRPG merger is not as perfect as everyone hopes, and as a "feature" I can no longer obtain the email addresses of my customers without a formal request. Hopefully that will be very soon, and then the products will be for sale.

Thanks!

joshuha
August 30th, 2007, 14:37
But...but what about those of us who aren't upgrading? What about those of us who have just been waiting to play Savage Worlds in Fantasy Grounds 2 for the UNTOLD AEONS that have ground slowly past since you announced that such a dream could even be possible...and not only possible...that it would, in fact, be wrought with your very own benevolent hands? What of those who have been holding their breath since GenCon ended, checking hour after hour for that fateful post proclaiming that what was finished for GenCon would now be available for download by the rest of us?

Why must we continue to suffer, I ask you, for the sake of email lists which we non-upgrading masses will not even be on? Oh, WHY, god, WHY?!??!?!

*sob*

*swoon*

You realize it was posted last night as being available for purchase right?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7090

derthnada
August 30th, 2007, 14:40
lol...I just saw that. Man, I'm a jerk!

:D Thank you guys!

You realize it was posted last night as being available for sell right?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7090

richvalle
August 30th, 2007, 14:46
No way. That was a GREAT over the top post!

rv

Kalan
August 30th, 2007, 15:17
I had a good chuckle over the post :) Couldn't laugh any harder or I'd have to run for a bio break ;)

bigdruid
September 2nd, 2007, 00:40
The SW boys had a very rough flight home. I'm waiting to hear from them on the patch.

As soon as I can get coupons working in my online store folks, things will get posted. Hopefully not long now.

Thanks,Well, 5 days later, still no word. I'm trying not to sound like previous posters, but really was looking forward to having this for my recently started campaign so we're not thoroughly enmeshed in the game flipping rule sets.

Guess I'll just check back in a month and see if anything has changed.

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 01:12
Thore/Kevin posted elsewhere that the emails went out. PM him letting him know you didn't get one.

You might want to check your spam folder as well incase it got tagged.

rv

bigdruid
September 2nd, 2007, 01:21
I am not an original purchaser of the FG1 version; it was purchased through the GM of my previous campaign where I was a player. I'm trying to buy a number of copies as an original purchaser for the game I'm currently running.

joshuha
September 2nd, 2007, 01:29
I am not an original purchaser of the FG1 version; it was purchased through the GM of my previous campaign where I was a player. I'm trying to buy a number of copies as an original purchaser for the game I'm currently running.

Are you referring to the CSRD? If so have you seen this thread:

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7098

And you are aware that this is ready to go on DA's end but we are awaiting a patch by Smiteworks due to a bug in large modules and closing out of the program? It seems the majority of users would rather wait until Smiteworks fixes the bug (which should be very soon) rather than deal with crashes and potential loss of campaign data that comes with those.

bigdruid
September 2nd, 2007, 02:02
Are you referring to the CSRD? If so have you seen this thread:

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7098

And you are aware that this is ready to go on DA's end but we are awaiting a patch by Smiteworks due to a bug in large modules and closing out of the program? It seems the majority of users would rather wait until Smiteworks fixes the bug (which should be very soon) rather than deal with crashes and potential loss of campaign data that comes with those.
Yes I'm aware of where the delay is, yes I'm aware of the other thread and yes, I'm aware that there hasn't yet been a single post from SW on this and yes, I'm also aware that I'm now sounding like the other impatient people which I wanted to avoid.

All I wanted was some sort of an update on timelines because SW hasn't posted a thing on what's going on with this bug that I can tell. Guess I'll just keep my mouth shut next time.

Thore_Ironrock
September 2nd, 2007, 02:11
All I wanted was some sort of an update on timelines because SW hasn't posted a thing on what's going on with this bug that I can tell. Guess I'll just keep my mouth shut next time.

Smiteworks hasn't posted anything because I did. I mentioned that they were looking at about 10 days or so to get the patch completed and in the Updater. Since the poll I posted show people would rather wait for the product release until that time, we're going to wait. I'm sorry if that doesn't meet with everyone's approval, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

richvalle
September 2nd, 2007, 02:57
Opps, sorry bigdruid, I was thinking of SW instead of the srd. My fault.

Yeah, DA posted a thread asking if people wanted it released even though it could crash due to the FG bug or wait and, while I said release it NOW, I was out voted by the masses. Just shows why democracy doesn't work.

Good luck holding onto your patience.

rv

bigdruid
September 8th, 2007, 15:24
Flipped open FG2 to do some way overdue work on campaign and 2.1 update was awaiting me and the description of one of the patches appears to be what was needed based on descriptions of the issue at hand.

That being said, I have my hopes shoved under a very large rock lest they get up.

Jingo
September 12th, 2007, 20:52
So question...

I received an email the other day from DA that says "You are receiving this email because you purchased the Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds v1 prior to 4/23/2007 (the release date of Fantasy Grounds II). Because you made this purchase, you are eligible for a $5.00 discount coupon towards the purchase of The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds II."

Sounds good. But is this really ready? The DA store website says "With the release of Fantasy Grounds v2, Digital Adventures is working to convert our ruleset products to that format. At the bottom of each product is a statement indicating what version of Fantasy Grounds it is compatible with. Currently, all adventure products work in both versions of Fantasy Grounds, though in v2 some internal links may have to be reestablished."

Sounds like DA is still "working to convert our ruleset". Is this the case or can I download and things will work fine?

zifnab69_fr
September 12th, 2007, 20:54
yes it's ready

Thore_Ironrock
September 12th, 2007, 21:00
So question...

I received an email the other day from DA that says "You are receiving this email because you purchased the Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds v1 prior to 4/23/2007 (the release date of Fantasy Grounds II). Because you made this purchase, you are eligible for a $5.00 discount coupon towards the purchase of The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds II."

Sounds good. But is this really ready? The DA store website says "With the release of Fantasy Grounds v2, Digital Adventures is working to convert our ruleset products to that format. At the bottom of each product is a statement indicating what version of Fantasy Grounds it is compatible with. Currently, all adventure products work in both versions of Fantasy Grounds, though in v2 some internal links may have to be reestablished."

Sounds like DA is still "working to convert our ruleset". Is this the case or can I download and things will work fine?

The CSRD is not a ruleset anymore, it has been broken down into modules for use in FGII. We still have actual rulesets that still need converting. I would not have been able to send you a discount coupon if the product was not for sale.

I would not have posted the product for sale if it was not ready.

Jingo
September 12th, 2007, 21:09
I didn't read this entire thread (it's 80+ posts and counting so maybe it was already discussed) but I didn't know if the ruleset was changed to a module. Then when I saw recent posts about bugs here, I decided I'd ask. Anyway, thanks for the info.

bigdruid
September 15th, 2007, 00:39
Anyone besides me having issues with not all the modules being visible on this?

sloejack
September 15th, 2007, 01:12
Anyone besides me having issues with not all the modules being visible on this?
Are you saying that you see some of the CSRD modules but not all of them in the list of modules? With 4 in the default and 7 in the CSRD, you may need to scroll down to see them in the module window. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't see them all if you have placed them all in your modules folder.

bigdruid
September 16th, 2007, 13:37
Are you saying that you see some of the CSRD modules but not all of them in the list of modules? With 4 in the default and 7 in the CSRD, you may need to scroll down to see them in the module window. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't see them all if you have placed them all in your modules folder.
Sorry, I was rather imprecise in this.

I can see all of them in the module area, however, if I look in the 'Library' area to actually use the content, I don't see them all.

In the module area, I have the following settings (These are all DA products)

Complete SRD Basic Rules (Allow)
Complete SRD Epic (Blocked)
Complete SRD Monsters (Blocked)
Complete SRD Spells (Allow)
Complete SRD Divine (Allow)
Complete SRD Magic Items (Allow)
Complete SRD Psionics (Blocked)

However, when I open up my library (as the GM), I only see Complete SRD Spells, Complete SRD Divine and Complete SRD Basic Rules. The Complete SRD Magic Items is not available to me, nor are any of the blocked ones. I'd like to think that as the GM, I'd have access to all of these.

Any thoughts?

Gary

Griogre
September 16th, 2007, 18:39
Did you open (activate) the modules so they are open? They won't be available unless you "open" them. Do so by double clicking the module thumbnail (green or blue book) this should cause the brown book to be open. If the brown book is not open then you will not see the module in the library. Even if you do have the book open you may need to scroll down to see all the CSRD books on the library screen. The allowed/blocked/Force are rights for players who connect to you and have nothing to do with activating the modules.

bigdruid
September 16th, 2007, 18:47
Did you open (activate) the modules so they are open? They won't be available unless you "open" them. Do so by double clicking the module thumbnail (green or blue book) this should cause the brown book to be open. If the brown book is not open then you will not see the module in the library. Even if you do have the book open you may need to scroll down to see all the CSRD books on the library screen. The allowed/blocked/Force are rights for players who connect to you and have nothing to do with activating the modules.
Funny you should mention that; I figured that on my own about an hour ago and hadn't had a chance to post back. So now I can see all of the ones I have in the Library view but I when I tested with a lite license, one of the ones I have 'allowed' is still not showing.

Griogre
September 16th, 2007, 22:24
It should be two of the modules are not allowed. Both the Complete SRD Monsters and Complete SRD Magic Items are DM only modules (the ones with the green books). DM only modules can only be seen by the host reguardless of access settings. I didn't mention it but the permissions only affect client or common rule modules.

bigdruid
September 16th, 2007, 23:10
It should be two of the modules are not allowed. Both the Complete SRD Monsters and Complete SRD Magic Items are DM only modules (the ones with the green books). DM only modules can only be seen by the host reguardless of access settings. I didn't mention it but the permissions only affect client or common rule modules.
Ok, well, I think that explains the rest of it. Thanks muchly for the time.