PDA

View Full Version : FGC App Window on startup not remembering screen size when exited

MadBeardMan
June 13th, 2020, 18:52
Hi Folks,

When I load FGC I have to manually adjust the screen size, it's far too big.

However when I exit FGC and restart, it reverts back to the overly large size.

Is there a config file somewhere that's not being updated?

Cheers,
MBM

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2020, 23:19
It's stored in the registry, and gets saved on exit. What OS are you using? How are you closing FG on your machine? Can you try using the desktop radial menu to close next time?

Regards,
JPG

MadBeardMan
June 13th, 2020, 23:59
It's stored in the registry, and gets saved on exit. What OS are you using? How are you closing FG on your machine? Can you try using the desktop radial menu to close next time?

Regards,
JPG

Hi Chap,

It's on my my Windows 10 machine, I do use the radial menu's. so where in the registry is it stored?

Works fine on my Linux machines, I only use the Windows One for my Photoshop work which needs the Window size setting.

Cheers,
MBM

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2020, 00:08
It's in the 32-bit application node under HKCU/Software. I don't remember the exact path off the top of my head.

JPG

MadBeardMan
June 14th, 2020, 00:10
It's in the 32-bit application node under HKCU/Software. I don't remember the exact path off the top of my head.

JPG

No worries, my registry is protected though should give off a warning if something wants to write to it, I'll hunt it down.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
June 18th, 2020, 17:32
Found it.

Under 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0'

There's a 'WindowPos' it defaults to '1004,0,3430,1394' and then never changes. If I change the values and load FG, it just ignores them and puts them back to those.

Looks like a bug to me, as it's got access to the Registry (as it writes back the defaults when FG starts up).

Cheers,
MBM