PDA

View Full Version : effect help for Insightfull Fighting

Radditz0012
June 13th, 2020, 15:45
Is there a way to build an Effect to for an NPC make the Deception Roll so it less my DM has to track during combat?

here is the ability i would be useing

At 3rd level, you gain the ability to decipher an opponent's tactics and develop a counter to them. As a bonus action, you can make a Wisdom (Insight) check against a creature you can see that isn't incapacitated, contested by the target's Charisma (Deception) check. If you succeed, you can use your Sneak Attack against that target even if you don't have advantage on the attack roll, but not if you have disadvantage on it.

This benefit lasts for 1 minute or until you successfully use this feature against a different target

Bonkon
June 13th, 2020, 16:48
Good Day Radditz0012 :)
I guess if you were trying to help out your DM you could make a spell saving throw against their CHR using your WIS, but you would have to use the Bonus to adjust the DC every time after you rolled your skill check. :)

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2020, 17:30
Without an extension you can't do contested rolls automatically.

I believe that this extension does do this (I'm not sure since I don't use it). However your Dm would need to download and install the extension for you to be able to make use of it - and it's still up to the DM to make the roll request. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill

It's probably a lot easier just to do it manually I would think.