PDA

View Full Version : Blessing of the Forge mechanic

Foxdeceir
June 12th, 2020, 14:06
Hi

I'm a DM running a campaign and one of my players build a cleric of the forge.

How do you mechanically use the ability? I'm not seeing anything in the actions tab, when I examine his char sheet?

Thanks in advance

ScriedRaven
June 12th, 2020, 14:18
Abilities don't auto-populate within the actions tab, so if you want it there you'll have to create a power on the tab.

You'd probably want to add a couple of effects to it, for defense it'd be
Blessing of the Forge; AC: 1; for melee weapon it'd be
Blessing of the Forge; ATK: 1, melee; DMG: 1, melee; DMGTYPE: magic For a ranged weapon
Blessing of the Forge; ATK: 1, ranged; DMG: 1, ranged; DMGTYPE: magic

*For the weapons I wouldn't completely advise using effects, as this will apply it to all melee/ranged (depending on the effect) attacks, and not just the ones the spell is on. I'd probably recommend just giving the PC a +1 equivalent, and have them roll using that one instead.

Foxdeceir
June 12th, 2020, 14:21
Hi thanks for quick feedback

Do I add this script under actions, or under the ability discription? I'm a noob with fantasy grounds, so only know the basics

ScriedRaven
June 12th, 2020, 14:31
This would be under actions. While on the actions tab, right click and select the "create item" option. Name it "Blessing of the Forge". Right click on "Blessing of the Forge", and select "Add effect". Open up the effect and copy over what I typed in. Set the duration for 1 day.

I'd advise watching some instructional videos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information) to see some more of the options for what you can do.

Foxdeceir
June 12th, 2020, 14:50
Thanks!

Zacchaeus
June 12th, 2020, 15:18
Hi

I'm a DM running a campaign and one of my players build a cleric of the forge.

How do you mechanically use the ability? I'm not seeing anything in the actions tab, when I examine his char sheet?

Thanks in advance

You may find this helpful https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41546-Effects-for-Xanathar-Archetypes

Foxdeceir
June 13th, 2020, 11:15
WOW, thanks so much