PDA

View Full Version : Shields in savage worlds rulset (SWADE)

Runrafter
June 12th, 2020, 12:48
Hi,

I'm just looking at the characters in the campaign I'm running and noticed that it does not seem to effect the characters parry modifier whether the shields are equiped or not.

How do I get the parry and cover modifiers to have an effect?
Or is it manual?

Thanks!

Grendel111111
June 12th, 2020, 14:23
When you go to attack the targets shield will be taken into account.

Lonewolf
June 12th, 2020, 14:42
Hi,

I'm just looking at the characters in the campaign I'm running and noticed that it does not seem to effect the characters parry modifier whether the shields are equiped or not.

How do I get the parry and cover modifiers to have an effect?
Or is it manual?

Thanks!

From the list of items. Drag on the shield you want to use so it appears on character sheet. Character Inventory can be in 3 states and there is a symbol after the weight column to change how it is being used.

1. Carried : The shield adds weight and that is all.
2. Equipped : will add the correct modifiers. A large modern polymer shield is Parry +3 and Cover + 4. These should appear in chat during combat.
3. Not carried : The shield adds nothing. Character has dropped it on the floor hit for now.

It works fine but beware of potential GM mistake. Shields don't always work and bonus should be removed by switching to only "carried" sometimes. For example someone attacks on the right side where the shield does not cover. Or the shield owner is attacked from behind. See page 71. Complicated tactical manuvering is something for the GM to rule on. Then they decide if the if the shield really should be equipped or not.