PDA

View Full Version : I want to add/create a monster from Bestiary 2

Larsenex
June 11th, 2020, 13:16
Greetings folks. I know this is an easy answer for for some reason I can't figure it out. My group needs to run into a random encounter and there are a few of the new monsters I want to use from the Bestiary 2.

Is there a templet or something in FG that i can use to input the information?

Any advice is appreciated.

Trenloe
June 11th, 2020, 13:19
Add a new NPC in the Bestiary list. Standard sidebar data list functionality - just like you would add a new story entry. Then fill out all the fields in the blank NPC record that pops up.

kaernunnos
June 11th, 2020, 13:20
Might want to check out the Creature Parser extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension

Larsenex
June 11th, 2020, 13:26
Trenloe thanks, Kaernunnos what is the functionality of the parser?

Hykim
June 11th, 2020, 13:36
The parser allows you to copy and paste the text block of a creature from paizo into the creature entry in FG and it will parse and fill out most things for the creature. If you want to import/create a bunch of monsters it can really speed things up. There are a couple of gotchas depending on the exact format, but the page for the parser extension explains all of them well IMO.

Larsenex
June 11th, 2020, 14:19
Trenloe thanks, Kaernunnos what is the functionality of the parser?

kaernunnos
June 11th, 2020, 22:21
Not sure if you meant to double post, but as Hykim said it tries to automatically create a npc/monster from the stat block you copy paste to it. If you read through that thread youll see it some times takes a little adjustment in word spacing or order, but should be a quick way to import the monster you need. But, im not sure if it works with the newest changes to npc sheets, and i cant test it right now.

Larsenex
June 11th, 2020, 22:53
Kaer, this was a double post. I am on the newest version right now. > Actually I am on Trenloe's test server I should probably migrate back to live. I will work on my campaign tonight and see if i can copy n paste which would save tons of time!