PDA

View Full Version : Combat tracker errors

HorribleHobgoblin
June 11th, 2020, 13:06
Hi Everyone!

My combat tracker often stops working coming up with error messages every time I try to perform an action on it. Most notably it doesn't allow NPC's to be cleared from the tracker. Last time i had to create a new campaign and export the pc's over to get it working again. This has now happened again except this time the problem has not been fixed by starting a new campaign. Can anyone help me fix this?

Trenloe
June 11th, 2020, 13:13
Can anyone help me fix this?
Sure. We need to know the usual things:
- what ruleset are you using? This is important- please always says what ruleset you’re using.
- FG Unity or FG Classic?
- disable all extensions (including themes and decals) and see if you still get the error. 99% of script errors are caused by old/incompatible extensions.
- if you still get the errors after disabling all extensions (including themes and decals) the post the exact error message. Just saying you get an error message doesn’t allow us to do any troubleshooting. When the console window pops up with the error, click the copy button and paste the whole text here.

HorribleHobgoblin
June 11th, 2020, 14:07
Hi Trenloe, thanks for the reply.

Apologies for not providing all the necessary information. I haven't used this sub much and am not familiar with it's practices. I am using 5e D&D ruleset on Unity.

I have created a new campaign without loading the extensions and it is now working. Have even managed to load the modules on again afterwards and it has continued to work. If I do need help again I'll remember to post all the relevant information next time.

Thanks
Jack