PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG Spellbook

Pages : [1] 2

dllewell
June 10th, 2020, 20:22
Version 8.5 - Fixes for a few spells. See post #273 for full details.

Version 8.4 - Fixes for a few spells. See post #271 for full details.

Version 8.3 - Fixes for a few spells. See post #268 for full details.

Version 8.2 - Fixes for a few spells. See post #266 for full details.

Version 8.1 - Fixes for a few spells. See post #256 for full details.

Version 8.0 - Fixes for a number of spells. Synced the PFRPG - Spellbook and PFRPG - Spellbook Extended changes to this thread. See post #247 for full details.

Version 7.1 - Fix some Lighting effects. Minor fixes for a number of spells. See post #246 for full details.

Version 7.0 - Added Lighting effects. Modified size adjustment spells to apply correct CMB and CMD modifiers. See post #238 for full details.

Version 6.1 - Fixed naming typo on 3 spells. No changes to effects just text. See post #211 for full details.

Version 6.0 - Removed 'harmless' saves. Added 1/3 and 1/4 effects. Additional fixes for a few spells. See post #197 for full details.

Version 5.1 - Added Oracle spell list. Additional fixes for a few spells. See post #171 for full details.

Version 5.0 - Fixes made to all existing spells. Module is now complete.

Version 4.0 - All spells now have Actions.

Version 3.0 - All spells (3024) have been added to the module. Existing spells from Farnaby have actions, newly added spells do not have actions.

This is an update to Farnaby's PFRPG Spellbook (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24614-Farnaby-s-PFRPG-Spellbook)

It contains all current spells from the Archive of Nethys (https://aonprd.com/Spells.aspx). 3024 spells in total.
All spells have been updated with the latest Class Spell level information.
Actions have been added for all of these spells.

New Spell Lists have been added for all classes.

Spellbook Versions
There are 2 versions of the spellbook.

PFRPG - Spellbook: This version does not require any extensions to use. But see below for Suggested Extensions
PFRPG - Spellbook Extended: This version has been extended to use Kelrugem's Full Overlay (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=452699&viewfull=1#post452699)) extension and bmos' Extended AC Bonus Types (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68129-Extended-Natural-and-Armor-AC-Bonus-Types-Extension) extension.

If you use Kelrugem's Full Overlay extension and bmos' Extended AC Bonus Type extension then I suggest that you use the PFRPG - Spellbook Extended version of the spellbook as these extensions add a significant amount of added automation. If you don't use these extension then use the PFRPG - Spellbook extension. It works fine it just doesn't have the additional automation.

A full list of the spells that were updated in the PFRPG - Spellbook Extended extension can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68584-PFRPG-Spellbook-Extended)

Download Modules
Copies of both modules are attached to this post. If you are using FGC you will need to download them from here.
If you are using FGU you can find both of these modules on FG Forge - PFRPG - Spellbook (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/414/view) --- PFRPG - Spellbook Extended (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/415/view)

Suggested Extensions
Note: None of the extensions below are required. The module will function fine without any of the extensions. However, these extensions add significant additional functionality and I highly recommend them.

PF Player Effect Removal Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension) By Nikademus/darrenan
This adds 3 new tags (REMOVE; STACK and MULTI) that can be used to add additional functionality to the spell actions.
The PFRPG Spellbook makes extensive use of the REMOVE and STACK tags.
Again, this is not required. If you don't use this extension these tags will be ignored and the module will work fine without the extension.

Mirror Image Handler Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension) By darrenan
This extension automatically calculates whether an attack hits a target with Mirror Images, or hits one of the images. This extension depends on the STACK: functionality in the PF Remove Effect Tag extension. To add a Mirror Image effect to an actor in a way that this extension will act on it, use the following syntax for the effect: "STACK: mirror image". Do not put anything before STACK and match the casing. When an attack is made against an actor with this effect, and the attack hits, another rolls will be made to see if the attack hits the target or an image, and if it hits an image, it will automatically remove one stack of the effect.
The module is not linked to this extension in any way and will work fine without the extension. It is just a really handy way of automating the Mirror Image spell.

PFRPG Spell Description Formatting Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60120-PFRPG-Spell-Description-Formatting) By bmos
This extension modifies the character-specific copies of spells (accessed via their actions tab) to allow fully-formatted descriptions including italics, tables.
The module is not linked to this extension in any way and will work fine without the extension. But the added formatting for the spell descriptions is amazingly helpful.

PFRPG Upgrade NPC Actions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63620-PFRPG-Upgrade-NPC-Actions-Extension) By bmos
When an NPC is dragged onto the Combat Tracker it replaces the spell effects on NPC character sheet with the spell effects from the PFRPG - Spellbook. Also sets up many other actions (feat, special abilities, etc).
The module is not linked to this extension in any way and will work fine without the extension. But the extension saves a lot of time by automatically adding effects to NPCs when they are dragged to the Combat Tracker.

And now how you can help!
The module is now initially complete. All spells have actions. But a large majority of these were hand entered. Which means that errors will exist.
If you use this module and notice a mistake, please reply to this thread so that I can correct it.
If you think I have effects set up wrong, then reply to this thread.
If you have any other suggestion, then please reply to this thread.

darrenan
June 10th, 2020, 23:51
I will switch over to this from Farnaby's to help keep you honest ;-) Thanks a bunch for doing this!

Kelrugem
June 11th, 2020, 01:24
Nice, thank you for the module :)

tahl_liadon
June 11th, 2020, 02:02
your efforts are greatly appreciated. thx!

tahl_liadon
June 11th, 2020, 02:40
hmm... downloaded and placed in modules directory.

(re)loaded fg a few times... nothing shows up.

deleted modulestate.xml and rebooted fg. still nothing?

kimpact
June 11th, 2020, 14:38
hmm... downloaded and placed in modules directory.

(re)loaded fg a few times... nothing shows up.

deleted modulestate.xml and rebooted fg. still nothing?

Same for me here

madman
June 11th, 2020, 14:53
You zipped the folder into the file. You have to zip the contents of the folder.

kimpact
June 11th, 2020, 14:58
You zipped the folder into the file. You have to zip the contents of the folder.

Yea this one is working. I opened it with 7zip and saw the original file has the folder inside like madman said.
Thanks madman

dllewell
June 11th, 2020, 15:02
Thanks Madman.

Sorry about that everyone.

The file in the original post has been updated with the correct module.

kimpact
June 11th, 2020, 15:41
Thanks Madman.

Sorry about that everyone.

The file in the original post has been updated with the correct module.

No worries, thanks for this great plugin!

dllewell
June 12th, 2020, 18:06
Version 3.2 has been uploaded to the original post. All 2nd level spell actions have been added.

dllewell
June 26th, 2020, 17:25
Version 3.3 has been uploaded to the original post. All 3rd level spell actions have been added.

For some of the spells, I have used the STACK feature from Nickaemus' Player Effect Removal Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40290-PF-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension). It's still not required to use the extension as the action with the STACK feature will still apply without the extension, it just won't have the added functionality that the extension offers.

I have also changed the module icon. As I progress further into this it is becoming clear that this will remain a forked version of Farnaby's spellbook and will probably not be merged with Farnaby's Spellbook at the end. With that in mind, I changed the icon to avoid confusing the 2 modules.

bmos
June 26th, 2020, 18:56
I know you're already on level 3, but have you considered including Kelrugem's new IF operator?
It allows you to fully automate more spells like Blessings of Courage and Life and others that give bonuses/penalties to saves of a particular type.

dllewell
June 26th, 2020, 23:18
I had previously looked at using Kelrugem's 'Save versus Tags' extension but due to the fact that I am updating the xml directly there is no easy way to add the <othertags> that are needed for his extension.

Additionally, I'm trying to avoid having the module being dependent on extensions. This can lead to issues if, for whatever reason, the extension is no longer available.

The Player Effect Removal Extension is ok because the module still runs even if the extension is not installed.

Having said that I do really like what Kelrugem's extension does. My plan is to finish up the version of the Spellbook I'm working on right now and then I will go back and attempt to make another version of it that uses Kelrugem's extension.

Thamyor
June 29th, 2020, 18:33
Loved the mod, tested it yesterday and found a typo in the fireball, line 67453 -> <save type="string">REflex half</save>
Also I would say that the rtouch of the fireball should be made in another action or removed, as most of the time you would just use the reflex save.

dllewell
June 30th, 2020, 03:31
Thanks Thamyor.

I have fixed the typo.
I have split the cast into 2 actions. 1 for the Ranged Touch Attack and 1 for the Reflex save. Additionally, I have updated the Reflex save to only apply half damage on a successful save.

These fixes will be included with the next release (once all the 4th level spells have had actions added to them)

beelezebrent
July 7th, 2020, 02:13
Great work on the mod! Thanks for sharing. One recommendation is to match naming conventions for Classes and Schools of spells for ease of searching for those options with other data or mod files. E.g. School and Source on the window. Eliminate referencing multiple: Clr, Cleric, cleric.

dllewell
July 8th, 2020, 18:04
Great work on the mod! Thanks for sharing. One recommendation is to match naming conventions for Classes and Schools of spells for ease of searching for those options with other data or mod files. E.g. School and Source on the window. Eliminate referencing multiple: Clr, Cleric, cleric.

I'm not following exactly. Can you give me a specific example?

I'm using the same format as Archive of Nethys uses.

For Level, I use the full lower case name of the class.

For school, I used a format of -- school (subschool) [descriptor]

The source is added as the last part of the description.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37525

beelezebrent
July 9th, 2020, 06:41
Sure thing, it's when you are searching and pulls from the Level information in your screen shot. In your reference mod, you've used lower case. E.g. cleric. Other mod spell supplements use other cases, but I suppose if you've gathered most of the spells it may be a moot point. It's an annoying point for me on the original PFRPG (Clr) vs their other data files as well - such as Ultimate Magic (Cleric).

dllewell
July 9th, 2020, 15:03
Sure thing, it's when you are searching and pulls from the Level information in your screen shot. In your reference mod, you've used lower case. E.g. cleric. Other mod spell supplements use other cases, but I suppose if you've gathered most of the spells it may be a moot point. It's an annoying point for me on the original PFRPG (Clr) vs their other data files as well - such as Ultimate Magic (Cleric).

OK. I see what you are referring to now. Thank you. I'll take a look and see what options are available.

dllewell
July 9th, 2020, 18:26

I've updated all my school and source information to be upper case which matches the Pathfinder Core Rules book. So a little better with at least those 2 matching. But as you already indicated there are other modules that use different standards for these and unfortunately, nothing I can do about those.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

These changes will show up when I release the next update which should be in the next few days.

dllewell
July 10th, 2020, 22:14
Version 3.4 has been uploaded.

This version contains actions for all 0 - 4th level spells.

Additional Changes
Fireball Spell - Fixed typo. Split the cast action into 2 actions. 1 for the Ranged Touch Attack and 1 for the Reflex save. Updated the Reflex save to only apply half damage on a successful save.

Update Source and School information to be Capitalized.

dllewell
July 10th, 2020, 22:23
I have a question for all of you.

Can there be too many actions on a spell? If so, how many is too many?

Take as an example the spell 'Invoke Deity'. It has numerous options. To account for all of those options requires 2 Cast Actions, 3 Damage Actions, 23 Effect Actions and 1 Heal Action.

That takes up a lot of space on the screen. Is that too much space? Would it be better not to put the options for a spell that needs this much space? Or is it worth the space to have all the possible options already defined?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37574

Thamyor
July 11th, 2020, 14:59
I think it's fine, the user can quickly delete any effect he isn't going to use, for the spell in question each deity has like 4-5 domains, and you surely would find some of them to be useless.

dllewell
July 21st, 2020, 15:58
Version 3.5 has been uploaded.

This version contains actions for all 0 - 5th level spells.

Kelrugem
July 22nd, 2020, 01:25

Thank you very much :)

By the way, in my new version of save versus tags the tag parser will now also add tags to your spell modules :) (it is not uploaded yet, but in the next hours) So, the tag problem is done now :D

dllewell
July 22nd, 2020, 16:01
Thank you very much :)

By the way, in my new version of save versus tags the tag parser will now also add tags to your spell modules :) (it is not uploaded yet, but in the next hours) So, the tag problem is done now :D

Thanks Kelrugem, that's excellent. Once I have added actions for all levels my next project will be to create a new version that makes use of the IFTAG operator. Having all the tags added by your extension automatically will make that much easier.

Kelrugem
July 22nd, 2020, 20:19
Thanks Kelrugem, that's excellent. Once I have added actions for all levels my next project will be to create a new version that makes use of the IFTAG operator. Having all the tags added by your extension automatically will make that much easier.

Wow, that would be very nice, thanks :) Looking forward to the next modules :)

tahl_liadon
July 23rd, 2020, 01:29

thank you!

mozmonar
August 1st, 2020, 05:02
The action for Lightning Bolt mistakenly has the save setup as Reflex negates not Reflex half.

mozmonar
August 1st, 2020, 20:48
The action for Spear of Purity incorrectly has the damage for evil creatures set as 1d8/caster level. It should be 1d8/2 caster levels. The damage for evil outsiders is correct.

dllewell
August 2nd, 2020, 03:17
The action for Lightning Bolt mistakenly has the save setup as Reflex negates not Reflex half.

Thank you. I have fixed that. The fix will be included in the next release. Should be sometime next week.

dllewell
August 3rd, 2020, 15:53
The action for Spear of Purity incorrectly has the damage for evil creatures set as 1d8/caster level. It should be 1d8/2 caster levels. The damage for evil outsiders is correct.

Thank you mozmonar. That has been fixed and will be included in the next release.

dllewell
August 3rd, 2020, 15:58
Version 3.6 has been uploaded. This version includes spell actions for all spells Level 0 -6

It also has the fixes to Lightning Bolt and Spear of Purity that were identified by mozmonar.

dllewell
August 4th, 2020, 17:49
Version 3.7 has been uploaded. This version includes spell actions for all spells Level 0 - 7

dllewell
August 6th, 2020, 02:37
Version 3.8 has been uploaded. This version includes spell actions for all spells Level 0 - 8

In addition, all of the spells can now be edited.

Svandal
August 6th, 2020, 14:36
Great work, this is an amazing project. It is really helpfull for us

Thamyor
August 6th, 2020, 16:04
Flesh to Stone could have the petrified effect, it's not perfect, since as far as I know there is no 0 dex effect, but it's something

dllewell
August 6th, 2020, 22:15
Flesh to Stone could have the petrified effect, it's not perfect, since as far as I know there is no 0 dex effect, but it's something

The petrified effect has been added. This is in the latest version (4.0)

dllewell
August 6th, 2020, 22:23
Version 4.0 has been uploaded. All spells (0-9) now have spell actions. This completes this phase of the updates for this module.

I will continue to watch this thread and make any changes that are posted but other than that no major changes (for at least a few weeks :)).

At some point in the future I do plan to go through the entries to try and catch anything that needs cleaning up.
And am also planning to create a new version that will take advantage of the excellent features in Kelrugem's 'Save vs Tags' extension.
But for right now I will be taking a little bit of a rest from this module.

mozmonar
August 6th, 2020, 22:46
Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, and Cure Critical Wounds all have save set to Will negates and should be WILL half. Only really matters for the damaging undead component I realize.

Heal, Harm, Inflict x Wounds, and all the Mass versions have the saves correctly set to Will half.

EDIT: There is some inconsistency in the damage type attribution amongst all of them. Some you have set to positive, some to negative, and some untyped.

Kelrugem
August 6th, 2020, 22:55
Version 4.0 has been uploaded. All spells (0-9) now have spell actions. This completes this phase of the updates for this module.

I will continue to watch this thread and make any changes that are posted but other than that no major changes (for at least a few weeks :)).

At some point in the future I do plan to go through the entries to try and catch anything that needs cleaning up.
And am also planning to create a new version that will take advantage of the excellent features in Kelrugem's 'Save vs Tags' extension.
But for right now I will be taking a little bit of a rest from this module.

thanks a lot for your contributions :) And take as much rest as you want and need :)

mozmonar
August 6th, 2020, 22:59
thanks a lot for your contributions :) And take as much rest as you want and need :)

I feel obligated to say the same. My above post should not be construed as call to action to jump to it and fix it. I was just pointing out :) Anyway, thanks again for the massive amount of time and effort you put into this.

Kelrugem
August 6th, 2020, 23:02
I feel obligated to say the same. My above post should not be construed as call to action to jump to it and fix it. I was just pointing out :) Anyway, thanks again for the massive amount of time and effort you put into this.

oh, sorry, I didn't want to give you the feeling that your post was bad or so :D I wasn't seeing your answer until after I wrote my answer (because it was on the next page :) )

mozmonar
August 6th, 2020, 23:06
oh, sorry, I didn't want to give you the feeling that your post was bad or so :D I wasn't seeing your answer until after I wrote my answer (because it was on the next page :) )

Sure, sure. You are just making me out to be an ingrate! Haha

Kelrugem
August 6th, 2020, 23:21
Sure, sure. You are just making me out to be an ingrate! Haha

:P hehe ;)

(no worries of course :) )

darrenan
August 7th, 2020, 00:19
A well-deserved rest indeed, thanks again for all the hard work.

dllewell
August 7th, 2020, 00:19
Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, and Cure Critical Wounds all have save set to Will negates and should be WILL half. Only really matters for the damaging undead component I realize.

Heal, Harm, Inflict x Wounds, and all the Mass versions have the saves correctly set to Will half.

EDIT: There is some inconsistency in the damage type attribution amongst all of them. Some you have set to positive, some to negative, and some untyped.

Thank you for finding these.

They have all been fixed on my local version.

I don't want to inundate people with multiple updates. So even though I am making these fixes as they are reported I will not post them all until I have a number of them done. Probably once a week or so.

bmos
August 10th, 2020, 02:08
Thanks for recommending my extension :)

Also, wow! You sure got this done quickly!
I'm really loving it for my games; it makes leveling up so much less time consuming.

phumano
August 11th, 2020, 01:55
I think I'll start using this as soon as the next update comes out. Pretty excited!

paladinlee
August 20th, 2020, 02:42
Simply, THANK YOU!

dllewell
August 20th, 2020, 04:04
Simply, THANK YOU!

You're welcome

Falkus
August 20th, 2020, 18:02
Thank you for this! Just what I needed and just when I needed it :)

bmos
August 22nd, 2020, 14:42
Absorbing inhalation seems to have a typo in the effect
"Abs. nhalation"

Also, thanks so much for including the races in the titles when the spells are race-specific. So many people miss that!

Fox's Cunning, Bear's Endurance (some of these spells) are missing the bonus type "enhancement"

Gravity Box (EDIT: bow) formatting is strange

Mending has no description

dllewell
August 23rd, 2020, 04:24
Thanks bmos. Those have all been fixed in my working local version.

They will be included with the next release.

Turns out the Gravity Bow had not been correctly translated from the native half-goblin it was originally written in :)

bmos
August 23rd, 2020, 05:08
hehe :)
Couple more: Protection from Energy and Protection from Energy, Communal have the effects for resist energy.
Saw 1 or 2 more in game but I forget which. Will report if I come across them again.

dllewell
August 23rd, 2020, 14:57
hehe :)
Couple more: Protection from Energy and Protection from Energy, Communal have the effects for resist energy.
Saw 1 or 2 more in game but I forget which. Will report if I come across them again.

Thanks bmos. Those have been fixed.

I changed the wording to be more clear -- the effect now correctly indicates the spell (Protection from Energy, or Protection from Energy, Communal)

I did not, however, change the effect itself.
The spell is absorbing the energy not resisting it, but we don't have an absorb affect in FG.
So, IMO, the best way to handle that is to set a RESIST which will at least stop the character from taking the damage.
It does mean the caster has to adjust the remaining RESIST after damage is absorbed by the spell, but I can't think of a better way to handle that. And to be fair, the caster has to track the remaining absorb amount on the spell anyway so this is as good a place as any to do that.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you, or anyone else, has a better option for handling this?

bmos
August 23rd, 2020, 17:25
Thanks bmos. Those have been fixed.

I changed the wording to be more clear -- the effect now correctly indicates the spell (Protection from Energy, or Protection from Energy, Communal)

I did not, however, change the effect itself.
The spell is absorbing the energy not resisting it, but we don't have an absorb affect in FG.
So, IMO, the best way to handle that is to set a RESIST which will at least stop the character from taking the damage.
It does mean the caster has to adjust the remaining RESIST after damage is absorbed by the spell, but I can't think of a better way to handle that. And to be fair, the caster has to track the remaining absorb amount on the spell anyway so this is as good a place as any to do that.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you, or anyone else, has a better option for handling this?Oh, interesting! I actually like your workaround quite a bit now that I understand it and will be taking that approach in my game.

I remembered what I had noticed, also: None of the spells seem to link to the other spells they reference (such as how Invisibility Greater works like invisibility). This means you need to search for them to view all the relevant rules.
I'm not sure what the xml structure is to populate the 'linked spells' section, but I know such a feature exists.

dllewell
August 24th, 2020, 02:14
Oh, interesting! I actually like your workaround quite a bit now that I understand it and will be taking that approach in my game.

I remembered what I had noticed, also: None of the spells seem to link to the other spells they reference (such as how Invisibility Greater works like invisibility). This means you need to search for them to view all the relevant rules.
I'm not sure what the xml structure is to populate the 'linked spells' section, but I know such a feature exists.

As I'm finding these spells I'm either merging the two descriptions or adding the 'linked' spell description into the spell (see Contagion, Greater as an example). But your idea is much better. I don't need to copy the description I can just link to the other spell.

As I'm making updates I'll go back and change those ... and add links for the other spells that having been linked yet. Thanks for making more work for me :)

dllewell
August 25th, 2020, 17:41
Version 4.1 has been uploaded.

The following items are in this version.

Mythic spell information has been added.
The information for the Mythic version of the spell has been added to the spell description.
Note that no actions have been added to these spells for the Mythic versions only the description.
At some point in the future I will look at splitting out the Mythic versions of the spells into there own spells so that Mythic actions can be added. But that's not going to be in the near future.
Spells with Mythic options are designated with a [Y] in the Spell Name.
A new Spell List has been added to the library for the Mythic spells.

Thank you mozmonar for getting the formatted. Mythic information to me.

Related Spells Linked
for spells that reference another spell I have either updated the spell description to include all the neccesary information or added a link back to the original spell.
This has been done for all 'Greater', 'Mass' and 'Communal' spells.
If you see any other spells that need references to other spells please let me know.

Thank you bmos for pointing these out.

Fixed Spells
The following spells have been fixed -

Protection from Energy & Protection from Energy, Communal
Absorbing Inhalation
Fox's Cunning & Bear's Endurance -- & All similar spells that give ability enhancements.
Gravity Bow
Mending
Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds
All Cure, Inflict, Mass heal spells have been fixed to have correct types on them.

Thank you to mozmonar and bmos for identifying them.

Please let me know if I missed anything. Or if you find anything else that needs fixing.

mozmonar
August 25th, 2020, 18:12
Version 4.1 has been uploaded.

The following items are in this version.

Mythic spell information has been added.
The information for the Mythic version of the spell has been added to the spell description.
Note that no actions have been added to these spells for the Mythic versions only the description.
At some point in the future I will look at splitting out the Mythic versions of the spells into there own spells so that Mythic actions can be added. But that's not going to be in the near future.
Spells with Mythic options are designated with a [Y] in the Spell Name.
A new Spell List has been added to the library for the Mythic spells.

Thank you mozmonar for getting the formatted. Mythic information to me.
I actually prefer having the normal and mythic descriptions combined. The mythic version of the spell uses the preparation slot of the normal and enhances it by expending mythic points. I just add the mythic actions to the bottom of the normal actions. Otherwise you have to add additional prepared spells to your prep list.

darrenan
August 26th, 2020, 20:00
Heroism: all three effects should have the morale type. Greater Heroism is correct.

dllewell
August 27th, 2020, 00:10
Heroism: all three effects should have the morale type. Greater Heroism is correct.

Thanks darrenan. Fixed in my local working version.

dllewell
August 27th, 2020, 17:14
Version 4.2 has been uploaded.

Nothing major just some clean up of existing spells. I'm slowing going back through the spells and cleaning up any issues I find. This version has clean ups for '0' level spells and 1st level spells A-H

In addition the Heroism spell has been fixed - thank you darrenan.

Thamyor
September 3rd, 2020, 02:16
Gust of Wind, changed SKILL:-4 Fly to:
ATK: -4 ranged; SKILL:-4 Fly; SKILL: -4 Perception

dllewell
September 3rd, 2020, 17:20
Gust of Wind, changed SKILL:-4 Fly to:
ATK: -4 ranged; SKILL:-4 Fly; SKILL: -4 Perception

I have made that change in my local working version.

dllewell
September 4th, 2020, 01:50
Version 4.3 has been uploaded.

Nothing major just some clean up of existing spells. I'm slowly going back through the spells and cleaning up any issues I find. This version has clean ups for all 1st level spells.

In addition the Gust of Wind spell has been fixed - thank you Thamyor.

Svandal
September 7th, 2020, 20:07
I found something on Angelic aspect, greater:
The effect should be:
Angelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire; SKILL: +4 fly; IFT: ALGIN (evil); AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 resistance

Your effect is:
Agelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire;AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 racial

So I highlighted where it is wrong.

The AC and save is only vs evil opponents.
The +4 racial save is only vs poison, but the +4 resistance save is vs evil.
Spell gives you 60 feet flyspeed with good maneuverability. In pathfinder this gives +4 on fly checks

Other note. For the incorperation with Kels mods these should be added as effects: (I don`t think petrification is a spelltag)
IFTAG: zero, one, two, three; SIMMUNE
IFTAG: poison; SAVE: +4 racial

Kelrugem
September 7th, 2020, 20:26
Other note. For the incorperation with Kels mods these should be added as effects: (I don`t think petrification is a spelltag)

About petrification: One can manually add all possible tags to spells when they are not automatically parsed :) But that would of course be based on the assumption that everyone uses "petrification" as tag for the corresponding spells/actions :) (which is likely, but who knows)

bmos
September 7th, 2020, 20:33
But that would of course be based on the assumption that everyone uses "petrification" as tag for the corresponding spells/actions :) (which is likely, but who knows)You'd think, but I'm sure many use "Petrified" as the effect title to match the past-tense approach of named conditions.

Kelrugem
September 7th, 2020, 20:34
You'd think, but I'm sure many use "Petrified" as the effect title to match the past-tense approach of named conditions.

hah, good point :D

darrenan
September 8th, 2020, 01:14
Flame Strike does not have 'half on success' set.

dllewell
September 8th, 2020, 14:24
I found something on Angelic aspect, greater:
The effect should be:
Angelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire; SKILL: +4 fly; IFT: ALGIN (evil); AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 resistance

Your effect is:
Agelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire;AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 racial

So I highlighted where it is wrong.

The AC and save is only vs evil opponents.
The +4 racial save is only vs poison, but the +4 resistance save is vs evil.
Spell gives you 60 feet flyspeed with good maneuverability. In pathfinder this gives +4 on fly checks

Thanks Svandal.

I've made the changes to Angelic Aspect, Greater. I've also fixed Angelic Aspect and Angelic Aspect, Lesser. These changes have been made in my local working copy. They will be included in the next release version.

For Angelic Aspect, Greater I've made the changes you indicated except for the Skill bonus. It is my understanding that only a creature that has a natural fly speed gets the bonus. The spell gives the caster a fly speed (which means they can treat the Fly skill as a class skill) but the creature does not have a natural fly speed so doesn't get the bonus.

From the Core Rulebook
"Creatures with a fly speed treat the Fly skill as a class skill. A creature with a natural fly speed receives a bonus (or penalty) on Fly skill checks depending on its maneuverability."

So the new effect is:
Angelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire;IFT: ALIGN(evil); AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 resistance

Additionally I have added a second effect for the Poison. It has 'Expend' set to 'On Next Roll' with an effect of:
Angelic Aspect, Greater (Poison Save);SAVE:4 racial

I've added a note to handle the petrification when I incorporate Kels mods.

dllewell
September 8th, 2020, 14:34
Flame Strike does not have 'half on success' set.

Thanks darrenan, that has been fixed in my local working version.

Svandal
September 8th, 2020, 18:33
For Angelic Aspect, Greater I've made the changes you indicated except for the Skill bonus. It is my understanding that only a creature that has a natural fly speed gets the bonus. The spell gives the caster a fly speed (which means they can treat the Fly skill as a class skill) but the creature does not have a natural fly speed so doesn't get the bonus.

From the Core Rulebook
"Creatures with a fly speed treat the Fly skill as a class skill. A creature with a natural fly speed receives a bonus (or penalty) on Fly skill checks depending on its maneuverability."

I did not know about that rule, wow that is badly written :) That just opens up a big can of worms of weird situations, like why the fly spell even has a maneuverability at all.
Oh well, I think this could go either way, so no skill bonus is fine.

dllewell
September 8th, 2020, 22:36
I did not know about that rule, wow that is badly written :) That just opens up a big can of worms of weird situations, like why the fly spell even has a maneuverability at all.
Oh well, I think this could go either way, so no skill bonus is fine.

I agree with you. I could see that being ruled either way. It feels like that sentence is there to clarify the difference between having a natural fly speed versus gaining a fly speed some other way, such as a spell. But I could easily see it being interpreted the other way. As you said, poorly written.

bmos
September 26th, 2020, 19:09
Bestow Planar Infusion I, II, and III have source listed as Horror Adventures but are from Planar Adventures.
The spell section of Planar Adventures also has the text:

The spells presented on the following pages all have ties to one or more of the planes of the Great Beyond, and at the GM’s discretion, discovering them may require travel to obscure planar sites.

I'm not sure if this optional prereq is worth noting in the description of the Planar Adventures spells or not.

dllewell
September 27th, 2020, 14:14
Bestow Planar Infusion I, II, and III have source listed as Horror Adventures but are from Planar Adventures.
The spell section of Planar Adventures also has the text:

I'm not sure if this optional prereq is worth noting in the description of the Planar Adventures spells or not.

Thanks bmos. I've changed those in my local working version.

Let me think more on adding the optional prereq. My initial thought is no. There are a number of spells that have optional restrictions, mostly around rarity of spell and suggestions for not making them easily available. If I add this to the Planar Adventure spells then, for consistencies sake, these type of restrictions need to be added to all the other spells that have them. At least in my mind they do. And to honest, I'm just not sure that it is worth the time and effort to do that :)

bmos
September 27th, 2020, 14:44
Thanks bmos. I've changed those in my local working version.

Let me think more on adding the optional prereq. My initial thought is no. There are a number of spells that have optional restrictions, mostly around rarity of spell and suggestions for not making them easily available. If I add this to the Planar Adventure spells then, for consistencies sake, these type of restrictions need to be added to all the other spells that have them. At least in my mind they do. And to honest, I'm just not sure that it is worth the time and effort to do that :)That was my thinking also. You have already covered the 'universal prerequisites' such as racial restrictions (which a lot of SRD sites totally miss!).

bmos
September 30th, 2020, 13:53
It seems like the spells from Occult Adventures are not included (at least not Synesthesia (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/synesthesia) or Telekinetic Projectile (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/telekinetic-projectile/))

Perhaps they are not on AoNPRD?
They are on d20PFSRD so I do believe they are available for inclusion under the SRD rules.

dllewell
October 1st, 2020, 15:45
It seems like the spells from Occult Adventures are not included (at least not Synesthesia (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/synesthesia) or Telekinetic Projectile (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/telekinetic-projectile/))

Perhaps they are not on AoNPRD?
They are on d20PFSRD so I do believe they are available for inclusion under the SRD rules.

Hey bmos,
That's weird. I checked the module and they are all there. I specifically looked, in Fantasy Grounds, for the 2 you indicated and I can see both of them. Can you give me any more details on where you are not seeing them?

bmos
October 1st, 2020, 16:01
Hey bmos,
That's weird. I checked the module and they are all there. I specifically looked, in Fantasy Grounds, for the 2 you indicated and I can see both of them. Can you give me any more details on where you are not seeing them?

39873Ah, I had forgotten to load the module in a new campaign (for editing my PC while GM's server was offline).
Sorry to waste your time. I think next time I will do a search of db.xml to make sure :)

bmos
October 3rd, 2020, 00:58
Regarding polymorph spells, it might be worth making copies of each for differently-sized PCs (at least medium and small as they are most common).
This way the size change bonuses (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=546642&viewfull=1#post546642) could be incorporated into the effects. If you think that makes it too messy, it's always possible to copy/paste it in on the character sheet.
EDIT: I have added the effects code for characters with base size of small to the linked post as well.

dllewell
October 7th, 2020, 23:28
Regarding polymorph spells, it might be worth making copies of each for differently-sized PCs (at least medium and small as they are most common).
This way the size change bonuses (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=546642&viewfull=1#post546642) could be incorporated into the effects. If you think that makes it too messy, it's always possible to copy/paste it in on the character sheet.
EDIT: I have added the effects code for characters with base size of small to the linked post as well.

Yes, I agree that this needs to be implemented. The question is how exactly to implement.

The trouble with adding it directly to each Polymorph spell is, as you alluded to, that it will create a very large number of effects. The Polymorph spell currently has 10 entries for it. If we just do entries for Small and Medium sized PC's we are up to 20 entries (30 if we keep the base version and add a version for Small and Medium). If we add Large we are up to 30 entries (40 if we keep the base). Other polymorph spells have less but some have even more (Polymorph Greater starts with 29 different effects :))

I think what I am going to do is add a new entry that has a chart showing all the adjustments and has all the effects for changing size. I will then link this in the spell description so that it can be pulled up separately and the correct size adjustment effect can be applied separately from the Polymorph spell effect.

I'm certainly open to other suggestions if anyone has them?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40022&d=1602109517

dllewell
October 9th, 2020, 15:00
Version 4.4 has been uploaded. The following spells have been updated/fixed.

Flame Strike - Thank you Darrenan
Angelic Aspect - Thank you Svandal
Bestow Planer Infusion - Thank you bmos

In addition, more details for sizes changes for Polymorph spells have been added. A new page describing the effects has been linked into each of the Polymorph spells and the effects themselves have been added to the effects library.

bmos
October 9th, 2020, 15:59
Nice work with the polymorph effects, the effects library is a great place for them (and your approach of standardizing less common sizes to medium or small is a great idea).
Perhaps their durations should be blank rather than 1? It really is too bad that effects can't be linked directly in formatted text blocks.

A possible improvement would be to break out each spell into copies such as:
"Form of the Dragon I [Y]" --> "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Small Characters)" and "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Medium Characters)"
This would allow the effects to be combined with the spell's effects and your conversion effects could be used with uncommon base sizes (and could be left in the combat tracker turned off when polymorph was not in use).

Also, FG Classic is having trouble with some of your apostrophes (see Form of the Dragon I [Y], specifically the mythic description).

dllewell
October 9th, 2020, 16:37
Nice work with the polymorph effects, the effects library is a great place for them (and your approach of standardizing less common sizes to medium or small is a great idea).
Perhaps their durations should be blank rather than 1? It really is too bad that effects can't be linked directly in formatted text blocks.

Oops. I assumed that leaving the duration blank in the xml would default to 0. Apparently it defaults to 1. Thanks for catching that bmos. I have fixed that and uploaded a new version that sets the duration to 0 for all these effects.

dllewell
October 9th, 2020, 16:39
Also, FG Classic is having trouble with some of your apostrophes (see Form of the Dragon I [Y], specifically the mythic description).

Yes. That is on my list to fix. All the mythic text was copied in and all the apostrophes are the 'wrong' ones that FG doesn't like :(

dllewell
October 9th, 2020, 16:46
A possible improvement would be to break out each spell into copies such as:
"Form of the Dragon I [Y]" --> "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Small)" and "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Medium)"
This would allow the effects to be combined with the spell's effects and your conversion effects could be used with uncommon base sizes (and could be left in the combat tracker turned off when polymorph was not in use).

Hmm, let me think on that one. I like the idea of being able to combine the size effects with the spell effects. But that is offset by my concern over confusion for people when they see two versions of the spells. For me and you, and anyone else that reads the thread, its clear what each version of the spell is for. But for someone who just loads the module I think it might be a little confusing.

dllewell
October 9th, 2020, 17:20
Oops. I assumed that leaving the duration blank in the xml would default to 0. Apparently it defaults to 1. Thanks for catching that bmos. I have fixed that and uploaded a new version that sets the duration to 0 for all these effects.

If you have already loaded version 4.4 before these latest changes were made you will need to 'Revert Changes' to the module to see the correct times on the effects.

bmos
October 10th, 2020, 22:42
Overland Flight and Fly are missing the Skill bonuses
These can be written as Overland Flight; SKILL: [HCL] fly and Fly; SKILL: [HCL] fly

dllewell
October 11th, 2020, 16:48
Overland Flight and Fly are missing the Skill bonuses
These can be written as Overland Flight; SKILL: [HCL] fly and Fly; SKILL: [HCL] fly

Thanks bmos. Those changes have been made to my local working copy.

Svandal
October 17th, 2020, 09:02
I got suggestions for Energy drain and enervation:

Enervation: You effect is:
Enervation;NLVL:1d4

I suggest either:
Alternative 1:
MULTI: Enervation;NLVL:1
Or
MULTI: Enervation; NLVL: [1d4]

Since you already use STACK on mirror image, you can use MULTI on enervation, and everything else that stacks with itself.
So we can use just 1 to get it to work without extensions, but if you want to show that is is 1d4 and not just 1 level which might be missed instead. You can add the brackets. Then it works with Kels extension and it still show as 1d4 without the extension.

bmos
October 21st, 2020, 00:14
Suggestion:
Enervation;NLVL:1d4 -> Enervation;NLVL:[1d4]
This makes it work as desired (possibly a Kelrugem feature but since it doesn't break anything with stock I think it's a good idea even if so).

EDIT: One more thing. Some of the spell's listed class/levels are Title Case and others are lowercase.
This means that some spells show as "cleric 7" when filtering by "Source" while others show as "Cleric 7".

Svandal
October 28th, 2020, 22:19
Here are some more:

Shadow trap:
Effect should be (you forgot the entangled condition
Shadow Trap; Entangled
REMOVE:Shadow Trap; Entangled

Text from shadow trap:
You pin the target’s shadow to its current location, causing the target to become entangled and preventing it from moving farther than 5 feet from its original position, as if its shadow were anchored to the terrain. Each round on its turn, the target can attempt a new saving throw to end the effect as a full-round action. A flying creature can only hover in place or fall while entangled in this manner. This spell automatically fails when cast on a creature that doesn’t throw a shadow, and it ends if the creature is entirely in an area with no illumination.

Fly:
You forgot the skill bonus on fly, but I think that has been mentioned here already: (Use HCL instead if that works)
Fly; SKILL: [HLVL] fly

Flame arrow:
Should be an effect with fire damage like this. Even though it is not correct if people use different arrows or ranged weapons it should be correct in the majority of cases
Flame Arrow; DMG: 1d6 fire, ranged

Aqueous orb:
You forgot the nonlethal part in the ongoing damage. And if you go straight to effects with no names the REMOVE will not work.
Aqueous orb; DMGO: 2d6 nonlethal; Entangled
REMOVE: Aqueous orb; DMGO: 2d6 nonlethal; Entangled

Sleet storm
They fall if they fail an acrobatics check, so you might consider adding prone and REMOVE: Prone

Shadow mind
I suggest at least adding Blinded effect here. The whole point of this spell is to make creatures lose sight. My effects is (since we do not have a good effect for 20% miss chance)
Shadowmind; Blinded
ShadowmindConc
Shadowmind; IFT: Custom(ShadowmindConc); CONC
So ShadowmindConc goes on enemy. And IFT goes on all allies at all times. Not an easy effect, but the only workaround I have found

Invisibility
This is for the version that incorperates Kels extensions. And remember to get true seeing also to work with the NIFT effect
NIFT: Custom(See Invis.); Invisibility;Invisible

Protection from evil
And every other protection from spell
If they are affected by mind afffecting things, they get new save with +2 morale bonus on save. So new effect that expires on next roll:
Protection from evil save; SAVE: +2 morale

Anticipate Peril [Y]
Is [CL] really an effect in standard? I do not see it in the outdated wiki, but the wiki is outdated.

bmos
October 28th, 2020, 23:25
Is [CL] really an effect in standard? I do not see it in the outdated wiki, but the wiki is outdated.Not sure if FG Classic has it (I think it does) but Unity definitely does. (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes)

Kelrugem
October 28th, 2020, 23:51
Not sure if FG Classic has it (I think it does) but Unity definitely does. (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes)

Yup, that tag exists in FGC, too :)

Svandal
October 29th, 2020, 08:40
Not sure if FG Classic has it (I think it does) but Unity definitely does. (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes)

Thanks. I have been using this page which is inferior to your link 👍

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

bmos
October 29th, 2020, 12:23
Thanks. I have been using this page which is inferior to your link ��

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_EffectsWeird that it's left out of the old page! The link I sent is the Unity manual, yours is for FG Classic.

Kelrugem
October 29th, 2020, 15:41
Thanks. I have been using this page which is inferior to your link 

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

Yeah, the new wiki is certainly better in that regard :)

(I have asked for adding the CL tag etc to the wiki, which is why it is in the new wiki :D )

The old wiki will be basically not maintained anymore :)

dllewell
October 30th, 2020, 14:49
I got suggestions for Energy drain and enervation:

Enervation: You effect is:
Enervation;NLVL:1d4

I suggest either:
Alternative 1:
MULTI: Enervation;NLVL:1
Or
MULTI: Enervation; NLVL: [1d4]

Since you already use STACK on mirror image, you can use MULTI on enervation, and everything else that stacks with itself.
So we can use just 1 to get it to work without extensions, but if you want to show that is is 1d4 and not just 1 level which might be missed instead. You can add the brackets. Then it works with Kels extension and it still show as 1d4 without the extension.

I have modified the spells to use MULTI -- MULTI: Enervation; NLVL: 1d4

I have not included the square brackets as, without Kel's Save vs Tags extension, these don't work in conjunction with the MULTI option.

If you don't have the Save vs Tags extension installed and try to use the format - MULTI: Enervation; NLVL: [1d4] the MULTI part will fail and you will get a "Effect ['1 ; Enervation; NLVL: [1d4]'] -> [ALREADY EXISTS]" error.

With Kel's Save vs Tags extension installed that syntax works fine. I have made a note to use that syntax for the version designed for use with Kel's Save vs Tags

dllewell
October 30th, 2020, 17:19
EDIT: One more thing. Some of the spell's listed class/levels are Title Case and others are lowercase.
This means that some spells show as "cleric 7" when filtering by "Source" while others show as "Cleric 7".

Well that's weird. I fixed all of those once. Apparently 1 spell was messed up again. I have fixed it in the latest version.

dllewell
October 30th, 2020, 17:19
New Version (4.5) has been uploaded.

Spell cleanup continues for 2nd level spells.

Additionally the following spells were modified -

Overland Flight and Fly now have Skill bonuses -- thank you bmos

Updates from Svandal -- thank you

Enervation and Energy Drain now have the MULTI option on them so that they can be added to a single creature multiple times
Flame Arrow now includes the fire damage as an effect
Aqueous Orb now correctly identifies the damage as nonlethal. Also the spell name is added to the effects.
Sleet Storm now has the Prone (and REMOVE Prone) effect
Shadow Mind now has a Blinded effect. It also has options for dealing with Concealment
Protection Spells - All Protection spells now have a on next roll SAVE effect.

tahl_liadon
October 31st, 2020, 21:50
as always, awesome! and thank you.

tahl_liadon
November 5th, 2020, 00:47
@dllewell, plz double-check -

STACK: Mirror Image does not work.

STACK: mirror image -- "mirror image'" all lowercase, does work.

darrenan
November 5th, 2020, 17:21
My extension currently uses this to extract the effect and current number of images:

sEffectName:match("(%d+) mirror image")

So yes, the effect currently needs to be all lower case. I could look into changing this to make it case insensitive if this is a hardship.

dllewell
November 5th, 2020, 21:57
Thank you for the response Darrenan. I was going to respond that it worked fine for me so my guess that it was an extension that it was not playing nicely with. You saved me a lot of time trying to figure out which one :)

Not a problem to change the effect to all lower case. I've done that in my local working copy.

bmos
November 13th, 2020, 23:17
I made an extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63620-PFRPG-Upgrade-NPC-Actions-Extension)that replaces NPC spell effects with the ones from this module when you add the NPC to the combat tracker (it only works when you add an entire encounter).

Callum
November 19th, 2020, 11:43
Thanks for this, dllewell - it's amazing! I noticed that the duration for the life bubble effect is wrong - it's set to CL days, when it should be 2xCL hours (although that's then divided among the recipients).

bmos
November 19th, 2020, 11:48
Potentially labor-intensive request:
Many spells (those with no attack or save) have no cast button.
This means my spell failure extension, the 'don't reset on long rest' feature of Kelrugem, and some others do not function fully.
Could these cast buttons be added back in like the official modules?

dllewell
November 21st, 2020, 04:39
Thanks for this, dllewell - it's amazing! I noticed that the duration for the life bubble effect is wrong - it's set to CL days, when it should be 2xCL hours (although that's then divided among the recipients).

Thank you Callum I have made that change to my local copy of the spellbook. This will be deployed with my next release of the spellbook.

dllewell
November 21st, 2020, 04:54
Potentially labor-intensive request:
Many spells (those with no attack or save) have no cast button.
This means my spell failure extension, the 'don't reset on long rest' feature of Kelrugem, and some others do not function fully.
Could these cast buttons be added back in like the official modules?

Yes, I had previously identified that, in addition to the items you mentioned, Kel's Save vs Tags also needs a Cast Action in order to add the tags, so I was already working on that. As I'm making another pass through the spells I'm adding Cast Actions for all of them that are missing.

But as your said, its a slow process. I've already done 1st level spells (but I'm not sure if I caught them all). I'm halfway through 2nd level now and have added Cast actions to all of these. I'll double check the 1st level spells, adding any Cast actions that were missed. I'll release a new version once those have been finished. Going to be sometime next week.

As I go through the rest of the spells (3rd - 9th) I'll make sure the Cast Action is added to all of them. But again, as you said, that's going to be a fairly slow process.

bmos
November 21st, 2020, 10:54
But as your said, its a slow process. I've already done 1st level spells (but I'm not sure if I caught them all).Would it help if I made you a list of all spells that don't have them? I could make a script to compile the list.

dllewell
November 21st, 2020, 14:02
Would it help if I made you a list of all spells that don't have them? I could make a script to compile the list.

If its not too much work that would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

bmos
November 23rd, 2020, 12:23
If its not too much work that would be extremely helpful. Thank you.
hopefully I did this correctly!

abjuringstep
ablativespheregarundi
absorbinginhalation
abundantammunition
adjustabledisguise
adjustablepolymorph
ageresistance
ageresistancegreater
ageresistancelesser
airstep
alarm
alchemicalallocation
allegro
alterself
amplifyelixir
analyzeaura
ancestralcommunion
ancestralgift
anchoredstep
animalshapes
animatedead
arborealhammer
arcaneconcordance
arcaneeye
arcanesight
aridrefuge
ashstorm
aspectofthebear
aspectofthefalcon
aspectofthenightingale
aspectofthestag
aspectofthewolf
astralprojectionlesser
augmentingwall
aurasight
barrowhaze
beastshapei
beastshapeii
beastshapeiii
beastshapeiv
beastspeak
bladeddash
bladeddashgreater
blend
blessweapon
blink
bloodarmor
bloodhound
bloodmoney
bloodsalvation
bloodstonemirror
bloodswornretribution
bloodyarrows
blurredmovement
bomberseye
borrowfortune
bowspirit
bulletward
burstofadrenaline
burstofinsight
burstofspeed
callweapon
chameleonstridegreater
channelvigor
cloudshape
commune
communewithbirds
communewithnature
companionmindlink
condensedether
conjureblackpudding
contactotherplane
conversingwind
coordinatedeffort
covetousaura
createdemiplanelesser
createfoodandwater
createholds
culturaladaptation
danceofahundredcuts
dancinglantern
daylight
dazzlingblademass
deadeyeslore
deadlyjuggernaut
deeperdarkness
defensivegrace
delayedconsumption
detectaberration
detectanimalsorplants
detectchaos
detectcharm
detectdemon
detectevil
detectgood
detectlaw
detectmagic
detectmetal
detectradiation
detectscrying
detectsecretdoors
detectsnaresandpits
detectthefaithful
detectundead
dimensionalblade
diminishplants
discernvalue
divination
divinefavor
divinepower
divinepursuit
dominateanimal
eagleeye
eaglesoul
echo
echolocation
effortlessarmor
eldritchfever
elementalspeech
embracedestiny
empowerholywater
enchantmentfoil
enemyinsight
enlargetail
entropicshield
escapingward
etherealenvelope
etherealfists
expeditiousretreat
exquisiteaccompaniment
extremeflexibility
eyesofthevoid
fallbackstrategy
falselife
falselifegreater
falsevision
featherstepmass
findquarry
findtraps
fireofvengeance
fireshield
flexiblefury
floatingdisk
fluidform
focusedscrutiny
fogcloud
followaura
forestfriend
foretellfailure
fractionsofhealandharm
gaseousform
geasquest
girdally
glibness
glide
globeofinvulnerabilitylesser
globeoftranquilwater
gravitybow
groveofrespite
guidingstar
hanspursflotsamvessel
harrowing
hauntedfeyaspect
healingwarmth
healmount
heartofthemetal
heightenedawareness
helpinghand
herosdefiance
hexglyph
hiddenknowledge
holdportal
holyiceweapon
holyshield
holysword
honeyedtongue
hunterslore
hypercognition
icearmor
identify
innocence
insectplague
insectspies
instantarmor
instantenemy
instantrestoration
instantweapon
investigativemind
invisibilityalarm
invisibilitypurge
invisibilitysphere
ironskin
kileech
knowtheenemy
leadblades
legendlore
levitate
lifeconduit
lifeconduitimproved
lifepact
lifeshield
lightlance
lilypadstride
linebreaker
lineinthesand
litanyofsight
litanyofwarding
locatecreature
locateobject
locateweakness
longarm
longstrider
longstridergreater
madmonkeys
magesfaithfulhound
magesprivatesanctum
magicaura
magicfanggreater
majorcreation
martyrsbargain
mastersescape
meldintostone
mentalbarrieri
mentalbarrierii
mentalbarrieriii
minorcreation
mirrorhideaway
mirrorimage
mirrorstrike
mirrortransport
mnemonicenhancer
momentofgreatness
monkeyfish
monstrousphysiquei
monstrousphysiqueii
mountcommunal
mudbuddy
naturesravages
nereidsgrace
oathofpeace
objectpossession
objectpossessionlesser
objectreading
obscuringmist
orchidsdrop
overlandflight
paragonsurge
pathofglory
pathofglorygreater
perceivecues
persistentvigor
phantomblood
phantomchariot
phantomdriver
phantomsteed
phantomsteedcommunal
piercedisguise
planaradaptation
planarallylesser
plantgrowth
playinstrument
polypurposepanacea
protectivespirit
purifiedcalling
rainoffrogs
ravensflight
readmagic
reaperscoterie
reduceanimal
rejuvenateeidolon
rejuvenateeidolongreater
rejuvenateeidolonlesser
remoteviewing
renovation
resilientreservoir
resteternal
retrieveitem
retrocognition
riversight
riverwhip
ropetrick
rubberskin
sacredspace
saddlesurge
savagemaw
secretpage
secureshelter
seducerseyes
seealignment
seeinvisibility
sending
sensespiritmagic
shadowprojection
shadowstep
shadowyhaven
sharedwrath
shield
shieldofthedawnflower
sift
silenttable
silktosteel
simulacrumlesser
skeletoncrew
skinsend
skyswim
snare
snowshapeulfen
solidnote
songofkyonin
sootheconstruct
speakwithanimals
speakwithplants
spectralhand
spherescry
spite
stealvoice
stonecall
stoneshape
stoneshield
summonaccuser
summoneidolon
summonlesserpsychopomp
summonmonsteriii
summonmonsterv
summonnaturesallyiii
summonnaturesallyiv
summonswarm
summontotemcreatureshoanti
sunderedserpentcoil
suppressprimalmagic
surmountaffliction
swarmoffangs
symbolofscrying
symbolofsealing
symbolofstriking
talismanicimplement
tapinnerbeauty
targetedbombadmixture
tattoopotion
technomancy
telekineticassembly
telekineticvolley
telepathicbond
telepathicsilence
telepathy
terrainbond
theftward
thornbody
thoughtsense
thoughtshieldi
thoughtshieldii
threefoldaspect
tinyhut
tirelesspursuit
traceteleport
trailoftherose
transferregeneration
transmutepotiontopoison
transplantvisage
travelingdream
treeshape
treestride
truespeak
truestrike
twilighthaze
undeadanatomyi
undeadanatomyii
undeadanatomyiii
undeadanatomyiv
unerringtracker
unholyiceweapon
universalformula
unseencrew
unseenservant
urbangrace
veilofpositiveenergy
verminshapei
verminshapeii
vestmentofthechampion
vexgiant
viperbombadmixture
virtuosoperformance
vitriolicmist
vomitswarm
wardingweapon
watchfulanimal
waveshield
webshelter
whisperinglore
whisperingwind
widenauras
wildernesssoldiers
wildinstinct
windyescape
woodenwingshield
wrath
youthfulappearance
zoneofsilence

here is also the extension I made to compile this list (it should be fairly easy to modify if you ever want to search your module for other attributes):

Zygmunt Molotch
November 25th, 2020, 04:28
dllewell

hey,

maybe you could put the INFAMMO effect under the spell cast effect for Abundant Ammunition?

cf: this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61372-PFRPG-Ammunition-Manager)

Svandal
December 5th, 2020, 19:40
I noticed that ray of enfeeblement only has a cast. It is a bit hard but you can go with:

Ray of enfeeblement; STR: [-1d6-(1/2 caster level max 5)]

There are no good ways even with Kels extension to add in half caster level max 5 together with dice support.

Maybe two effects, I think this might be the best. Even though it has no cap it says so at least in the text:
Ray of enfeeblement dice; STR: [-1d6]
Ray of enfeeblement 1/2cl max5; STR: [-HCL]

Duration 1 round per level

Edit:
We combine them of course, so the effect should be:
Ray of enfeeblement dice; STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL]

darrenan
December 5th, 2020, 19:53
Using STR: for Ray of Enfeeblement will yield incorrect results if the target has an even Strength score. This is because STR: implements the rules for ability damage (-1 per 2 damage), whereas Ray of Enfeeblement actually decreases the target's Strength ability score.

Kelrugem
December 5th, 2020, 20:35
Using STR: for Ray of Enfeeblement will yield incorrect results if the target has an even Strength score. This is because STR: implements the rules for ability damage (-1 per 2 damage), whereas Ray of Enfeeblement actually decreases the target's Strength ability score.

Yes, when I coded that, I was not aware of that PF1 has a different penalty and bonus system than 3.5e. In 3.5e the strength effect will work correctly, but not completely in PF1; either you then homebrew it, to say that it works as FG applies it, or I need to wrap my head around how to support that PF1 system :) (the PF1 change of this system makes it not easy for FG to apply it; I am also not really sure why Paizo wanted to change that (on a real table it may make the calculations a bit easier in many situations, that is probably why, but not really a reason for a VTT sadly))

GorinStonecleaver
December 31st, 2020, 14:50
I may be doing something wrong but after loading your mod the spells are available but the actual effects of spells do not appear to be working. For example I have a ally targeted with my test character and I cast Enlarge person on them the effect never gets applied to my ally. I tried removing the save and it still failed to apply the effect to the targeted ally. Please help.

dellanx
December 31st, 2020, 15:29

abjuringstep
ablativespheregarundi
absorbinginhalation
abundantammunition
adjustabledisguise
adjustablepolymorph
ageresistance
ageresistancegreater
ageresistancelesser
airstep
alarm
alchemicalallocation
allegro
alterself
amplifyelixir
analyzeaura
ancestralcommunion
ancestralgift
anchoredstep
animalshapes
animatedead
arborealhammer
arcaneconcordance
arcaneeye
arcanesight
aridrefuge
ashstorm
aspectofthebear
aspectofthefalcon
aspectofthenightingale
aspectofthestag
aspectofthewolf
astralprojectionlesser
augmentingwall
aurasight
barrowhaze
beastshapei
beastshapeii
beastshapeiii
beastshapeiv
beastspeak
bladeddash
bladeddashgreater
blend
blessweapon
blink
bloodarmor
bloodhound
bloodmoney
bloodsalvation
bloodstonemirror
bloodswornretribution
bloodyarrows
blurredmovement
bomberseye
borrowfortune
bowspirit
bulletward
burstofadrenaline
burstofinsight
burstofspeed
callweapon
chameleonstridegreater
channelvigor
cloudshape
commune
communewithbirds
communewithnature
companionmindlink
condensedether
conjureblackpudding
contactotherplane
conversingwind
coordinatedeffort
covetousaura
createdemiplanelesser
createfoodandwater
createholds
culturaladaptation
danceofahundredcuts
dancinglantern
daylight
dazzlingblademass
deadeyeslore
deadlyjuggernaut
deeperdarkness
defensivegrace
delayedconsumption
detectaberration
detectanimalsorplants
detectchaos
detectcharm
detectdemon
detectevil
detectgood
detectlaw
detectmagic
detectmetal
detectradiation
detectscrying
detectsecretdoors
detectsnaresandpits
detectthefaithful
detectundead
dimensionalblade
diminishplants
discernvalue
divination
divinefavor
divinepower
divinepursuit
dominateanimal
eagleeye
eaglesoul
echo
echolocation
effortlessarmor
eldritchfever
elementalspeech
embracedestiny
empowerholywater
enchantmentfoil
enemyinsight
enlargetail
entropicshield
escapingward
etherealenvelope
etherealfists
expeditiousretreat
exquisiteaccompaniment
extremeflexibility
eyesofthevoid
fallbackstrategy
falselife
falselifegreater
falsevision
featherstepmass
findquarry
findtraps
fireofvengeance
fireshield
flexiblefury
floatingdisk
fluidform
focusedscrutiny
fogcloud
followaura
forestfriend
foretellfailure
fractionsofhealandharm
gaseousform
geasquest
girdally
glibness
glide
globeofinvulnerabilitylesser
globeoftranquilwater
gravitybow
groveofrespite
guidingstar
hanspursflotsamvessel
harrowing
hauntedfeyaspect
healingwarmth
healmount
heartofthemetal
heightenedawareness
helpinghand
herosdefiance
hexglyph
hiddenknowledge
holdportal
holyiceweapon
holyshield
holysword
honeyedtongue
hunterslore
hypercognition
icearmor
identify
innocence
insectplague
insectspies
instantarmor
instantenemy
instantrestoration
instantweapon
investigativemind
invisibilityalarm
invisibilitypurge
invisibilitysphere
ironskin
kileech
knowtheenemy
leadblades
legendlore
levitate
lifeconduit
lifeconduitimproved
lifepact
lifeshield
lightlance
lilypadstride
linebreaker
lineinthesand
litanyofsight
litanyofwarding
locatecreature
locateobject
locateweakness
longarm
longstrider
longstridergreater
madmonkeys
magesfaithfulhound
magesprivatesanctum
magicaura
magicfanggreater
majorcreation
martyrsbargain
mastersescape
meldintostone
mentalbarrieri
mentalbarrierii
mentalbarrieriii
minorcreation
mirrorhideaway
mirrorimage
mirrorstrike
mirrortransport
mnemonicenhancer
momentofgreatness
monkeyfish
monstrousphysiquei
monstrousphysiqueii
mountcommunal
mudbuddy
naturesravages
nereidsgrace
oathofpeace
objectpossession
objectpossessionlesser
objectreading
obscuringmist
orchidsdrop
overlandflight
paragonsurge
pathofglory
pathofglorygreater
perceivecues
persistentvigor
phantomblood
phantomchariot
phantomdriver
phantomsteed
phantomsteedcommunal
piercedisguise
planaradaptation
planarallylesser
plantgrowth
playinstrument
polypurposepanacea
protectivespirit
purifiedcalling
rainoffrogs
ravensflight
readmagic
reaperscoterie
reduceanimal
rejuvenateeidolon
rejuvenateeidolongreater
rejuvenateeidolonlesser
remoteviewing
renovation
resilientreservoir
resteternal
retrieveitem
retrocognition
riversight
riverwhip
ropetrick
rubberskin
sacredspace
saddlesurge
savagemaw
secretpage
secureshelter
seducerseyes
seealignment
seeinvisibility
sending
sensespiritmagic
shadowprojection
shadowstep
shadowyhaven
sharedwrath
shield
shieldofthedawnflower
sift
silenttable
silktosteel
simulacrumlesser
skeletoncrew
skinsend
skyswim
snare
snowshapeulfen
solidnote
songofkyonin
sootheconstruct
speakwithanimals
speakwithplants
spectralhand
spherescry
spite
stealvoice
stonecall
stoneshape
stoneshield
summonaccuser
summoneidolon
summonlesserpsychopomp
summonmonsteriii
summonmonsterv
summonnaturesallyiii
summonnaturesallyiv
summonswarm
summontotemcreatureshoanti
sunderedserpentcoil
suppressprimalmagic
surmountaffliction
swarmoffangs
symbolofscrying
symbolofsealing
symbolofstriking
talismanicimplement
tapinnerbeauty
targetedbombadmixture
tattoopotion
technomancy
telekineticassembly
telekineticvolley
telepathicbond
telepathicsilence
telepathy
terrainbond
theftward
thornbody
thoughtsense
thoughtshieldi
thoughtshieldii
threefoldaspect
tinyhut
tirelesspursuit
traceteleport
trailoftherose
transferregeneration
transmutepotiontopoison
transplantvisage
travelingdream
treeshape
treestride
truespeak
truestrike
twilighthaze
undeadanatomyi
undeadanatomyii
undeadanatomyiii
undeadanatomyiv
unerringtracker
unholyiceweapon
universalformula
unseencrew
unseenservant
urbangrace
veilofpositiveenergy
verminshapei
verminshapeii
vestmentofthechampion
vexgiant
viperbombadmixture
virtuosoperformance
vitriolicmist
vomitswarm
wardingweapon
watchfulanimal
waveshield
webshelter
whisperinglore
whisperingwind
widenauras
wildernesssoldiers
wildinstinct
windyescape
woodenwingshield
wrath
youthfulappearance
zoneofsilence

here is also the extension I made to compile this list (it should be fairly easy to modify if you ever want to search your module for other attributes):

How does it work?

bmos
December 31st, 2020, 18:17
How does it work?
It posts to the console when it is loaded in a campaign. It posts a list of all the spells from the spellbook in that format (but not on individual lines--i did that afterwards in Notepad++).
You could change the code to make it do other things, of course.

dllewell
January 1st, 2021, 13:27

Just wanted to let you know that I am working on this. Been a little busy with other stuff lately but am slowing getting this down.

dllewell
January 1st, 2021, 13:30
dllewell

hey,

maybe you could put the INFAMMO effect under the spell cast effect for Abundant Ammunition?

cf: this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61372-PFRPG-Ammunition-Manager)

Sorry, but I won't be adding this to the main module. I don't want the module to be tied to specific extensions in order to work properly.

I will, however, look at adding this to the extended module that will work with Kel's save vs tags extension.

No guarantees, but I will look at it to see the viability of adding it at that point.

dllewell
January 1st, 2021, 13:38
I may be doing something wrong but after loading your mod the spells are available but the actual effects of spells do not appear to be working. For example I have a ally targeted with my test character and I cast Enlarge person on them the effect never gets applied to my ally. I tried removing the save and it still failed to apply the effect to the targeted ally. Please help.

Clicking on the 'Cast' button will not apply the effects. The 'Cast' button is used for figuring out attack rolls and saves (if they apply to that specific spell ... many spells, such as Enlarge Person, don't even need that). To apply the actual effect you need to click on the 'Effect' button. See attached image.

dllewell
January 1st, 2021, 14:00
I noticed that ray of enfeeblement only has a cast. It is a bit hard but you can go with:

Ray of enfeeblement; STR: [-1d6-(1/2 caster level max 5)]

There are no good ways even with Kels extension to add in half caster level max 5 together with dice support.

Maybe two effects, I think this might be the best. Even though it has no cap it says so at least in the text:
Ray of enfeeblement dice; STR: [-1d6]
Ray of enfeeblement 1/2cl max5; STR: [-HCL]

Duration 1 round per level

Edit:
We combine them of course, so the effect should be:
Ray of enfeeblement dice; STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL]

With the basic effects, you cannot use dice variables for Ability Score modifiers only numbers. You can use the [-HCL] because that calculates to a number but you cannot use [-1d6].

I will makes notes to add this option to the 'extended' version of the module that will use Kel's 'Save vs Tags' extension ... but that is not going to be out for a while.

Note: If there is a way to do this using the basic effects please let me know. I tried it in FG (without Kel's Save vs Tags extension loaded) and I could not get it to work.

tahl_liadon
January 3rd, 2021, 16:02
Thank you for the response Darrenan. I was going to respond that it worked fine for me so my guess that it was an extension that it was not playing nicely with. You saved me a lot of time trying to figure out which one :)

Not a problem to change the effect to all lower case. I've done that in my local working copy.
hi, @dllewell -- this is regarding mirror image (post #105).

has there been an updated public version since this? (if not, i'll just fix my local version for now). thx

dllewell
January 4th, 2021, 02:21
New Version (4.6) has been uploaded.

Spell cleanup completed for 2nd level spells.

All spells now have a Cast action on them. Thank you bmos.

Mirror Image - The effect has been changed to lower case to correctly work with darrenan's Mirror Image extension. Thank you for finding that tahl_liadon

Life Bubble - Duration has been set to 2 X CL. Thank you Callum

dllewell
January 4th, 2021, 02:21
hi, @dllewell -- this is regarding mirror image (post #105).

has there been an updated public version since this? (if not, i'll just fix my local version for now). thx

Hey tahl. The latest version (4.6) has just been uploaded. It has this fix in it.

tahl_liadon
January 4th, 2021, 02:34
Hey tahl. The latest version (4.6) has just been uploaded. It has this fix in it.

very cool. i had adjusted locally with 4.5 so wasn't a biggie, but thx!

Morquendel
January 6th, 2021, 12:27
Thanks for making my game so much more enjoyable. Your work is really appreciated.

dllewell
January 8th, 2021, 04:51
Thanks for making my game so much more enjoyable. Your work is really appreciated.

You are very welcome. Glad it is helpful to you.

dllewell
January 11th, 2021, 14:45
New Version (4.7) has been uploaded.

Spell cleanup completed for 3rd level spells.

Confusion Table
All spells that apply a confusion affect now have a link in them to a rollable Confusion table.
Please let me know if you find any spells I missed.

CMB Effect
CMB Effect added to spells that need it.

This effect is for the spells that have CMB attacks but don't use the caster's standard CMB. Instead, most of them use the Caster Level plus the primary spellcasting stat.

The CMB effect removes the modifiers for the standard CMB and replaces them with the Caster Level plus spellcasting stat modifiers.

For those that want to add this effect directly to the character sheet see below.
Note that this will only work on a PC Character Sheet. It will not work from the Effects library.

Spell Caster CMB;CMB:[-BAB];CMB:[-STR];CMB:[CL];CMB:[INT]

Some spells have additional modifiers. These have been applied, as needed, to those spells.

The spells affected by this are listed below. If you know of any other spells that need this effect, please let me know.

Barbed Chains
Battering Blast
Black Tentacles
Crushing Hand
Forceful Hand
Fumblestep
Grasping Corpse
Grasping Hand
Grasping Tentacles
Gusting Sphere
Hydraulic Push
Hydraulic Torrent
Lightfingers
Martial Telekinesis
Maw Of Chaos
Mud Buddy
Pilfering Hand
Rock Whip
Sign Of Wrath
Strangling Hair
Sundered Serpent Coil
Telekinesis
Telekinetic Maneuver
Tsunami
Thunderstomp
Thunderstomp, Greater

tahl_liadon
January 11th, 2021, 16:41
aaawesome!

thx

Zygmunt Molotch
January 12th, 2021, 07:48
hmm, ablative barrier, isn't correct I believe

darrenan
January 12th, 2021, 16:42
There's no way to encode damage conversion from lethal to nonlethal as it is explained in Ablative Barrier, that part you need to do manually. Tracking the 50 points is also manual (similar to Stoneskin). The AC and DR seem to be correct to me.

Gaglia
January 13th, 2021, 10:38
New Version (4.7) has been uploaded.

Spell cleanup completed for 3rd level spells.

Confusion Table
All spells that apply a confusion affect now have a link in them to a rollable Confusion table.
Please let me know if you find any spells I missed.
[/LIST]

Dear dllwell
Thankyou very mutch for your huge work!

Yesterday I mount your linked module (PFRPG - Spellbook.mod (1.82 MB, 17 views) ) and load into my campain. (saving it in modules folder).
But i had problem with "mirror image" spell.
I read all 14 forum page, so i know you just spoke about that, this probably means i do not understand how to use it or if i need to install some other file
Can you please help me?

I see "effect STACK" button
I see " effect Remove STACK" button

I also read: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40290-PF-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension
but i do not install: PF Remove Effect Tag.ext (18.3 KB, 642 views) [I think i must do that, right?]

Questions:
When i want cast "mirror immage" i have to:
Push both buttons one time both, (first Stack then remote) to activate both effects?
or:
I have to push n-times "Stack effect buttons" with N=number of active immage
then push "Stack effect button" while enemy hit one of this immage?

futhermore:
yesterday try to use it in two way:
-first time pushing both buttons and then do a fight
-second time push n-time "stack effect button" and 1 time "remove stack effect button" then do a fight.

Monster always hit me without roll anythink to know if he it me or the image: that is correct?

I do not understan if STACK and REMOVE (and MULTI) are command built-in FG (so i simply do not understand how to use this magic in FG) or if i Lack to install some other file somewhere containing STACK, REMOVE and MULTI commands and this will the origin of my problem. [maybee i need stack.ext, remove.ext, multi.ext files...]

Sorry but I use FG only by 3 days and i'm trying to understand.
Thank for your help.

dllewell
January 13th, 2021, 14:14
Dear dllwell
Thankyou very mutch for your huge work!

Yesterday I mount your linked module (PFRPG - Spellbook.mod (1.82 MB, 17 views) ) and load into my campain. (saving it in modules folder).
But i had problem with "mirror image" spell.
I read all 14 forum page, so i know you just spoke about that, this probably means i do not understand how to use it or if i need to install some other file
Can you please help me?

I see "effect STACK" button
I see " effect Remove STACK" button

I also read: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40290-PF-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension
but i do not install: PF Remove Effect Tag.ext (18.3 KB, 642 views) [I think i must do that, right?]

Questions:
When i want cast "mirror immage" i have to:
Push both buttons one time both, (first Stack then remote) to activate both effects?
or:
I have to push n-times "Stack effect buttons" with N=number of active immage
then push "Stack effect button" while enemy hit one of this immage?

futhermore:
yesterday try to use it in two way:
-first time pushing both buttons and then do a fight
-second time push n-time "stack effect button" and 1 time "remove stack effect button" then do a fight.

Monster always hit me without roll anythink to know if he it me or the image: that is correct?

I do not understan if STACK and REMOVE (and MULTI) are command built-in FG (so i simply do not understand how to use this magic in FG) or if i Lack to install some other file somewhere containing STACK, REMOVE and MULTI commands and this will the origin of my problem. [maybee i need stack.ext, remove.ext, multi.ext files...]

Sorry but I use FG only by 3 days and i'm trying to understand.
Thank for your help.

Gaglia,
To use the REMOVE, STACK and MULTI features you do need to install the extension that you indicated in your message.

To use the effect you would click the STACK effect button as many times as you have mirror images. So, if you have 6 mirror images you will click the STACK effect button 6 times.
Then each time an attack is made that hits one of the mirror images, and thus dispels it, you would click the REMOVE effect button one time.

Note that the STACK effect does not automatically determine if an image was hit or not. That is still something that you have to do manually. The STACK effect is just there as a reminder of how many Mirror Images still remain.

If you want to automate this process you will need to install the wonderful Mirror Image Handler Extension written by Darrenan. You can find it here - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension.

You will still need to click the STACK effect button multiple times to set the correct number of mirror images but after that the Mirror Image Handler Extension will handle the rest. Every time an attack hits it will roll percentile to determine if the caster was hit or if a mirror image was hit. If a mirror image was hit it will automatically reduce the Mirror Image effect by 1.

Gaglia
January 14th, 2021, 19:37
Gaglia,
To use the REMOVE, STACK and MULTI features you do need to install the extension that you indicated in your message.
[...OMISSIS...]
Image effect by 1.

Thankyou very mutch.
Now it's clear i will try your solotion as the automatic solution you linked.

Zygmunt Molotch
January 15th, 2021, 05:51
There's no way to encode damage conversion from lethal to nonlethal as it is explained in Ablative Barrier, that part you need to do manually. Tracking the 50 points is also manual (similar to Stoneskin). The AC and DR seem to be correct to me.
The AC is correct

I get you cannot convert it, that is manual, but the DR is only against nonlethal, so that is most definitely not correct :D

Against attacks that already deal nonlethal damage, the target gains DR 5/—.

something like DR 5/lethal would be more appropriate

currently it's set as DR 5/- ie: against EVERYTHING :D (which is not correct)

Kelrugem
January 15th, 2021, 06:11
I think RESIST: 5 nonlethal may help here then because it is effectively that :) (but I do not know that spell completely :D)

Zygmunt Molotch
January 15th, 2021, 07:01
I think RESIST: 5 nonlethal may help here then because it is effectively that :) (but I do not know that spell completely :D)

I think that would do it, exactly :)

dllewell
January 15th, 2021, 15:43

I think that would do it, exactly :)

OK, now I see what you were referring to Zygmunt :)

I agree, RESIST:5 nonlethal is the way to go. I have changed that in my local working version and will include it with the next release.

Thank you finding that one.

Zygmunt Molotch
January 16th, 2021, 01:25
OK, now I see what you were referring to Zygmunt :)

I agree, RESIST:5 nonlethal is the way to go. I have changed that in my local working version and will include it with the next release.

Thank you finding that one.

all progress is progress :)

it's a great module, carry on carrying on!

dllewell
January 17th, 2021, 18:35
New Version (5.0) has been uploaded.

Spell cleanup completed for all spells.

This effectively completes the PFRPG - Spellbook. I have no more pending work for this module. I am, however, fully aware that their are going to be spells that are incorrect and I will continue to fix these as they are identified.

Ablative Barrier - Fixed DR. Thank you Zygmunt and Kelrugem

dllewell
January 17th, 2021, 18:46
Next Step - Integrate with Kelrugem's Save vs Tags Extensions

I am now going to start working on a version of the Spellbook that works with the Save vs Tags extension. This will be in addition to the original PFRPG - Spellbook, it will not replace that original version.

So now I am going to ask for all your help. Please identify any spells you can think of that would benefit from the effects that are in the Save vs Tags extension.

These are the spells that I have currently identified (I'm sure there are many more) -

Battle Trance
Black Spot
Blast Barrier
Bless
Burst of Glory
Burst with Light
Calcific Touch
Caustic Blood
Conjured Dead Fall
Dance of a Hundred Cuts
Dance of a Thousand Cuts
Dazzling Blade, Mass
Debilitating Pain
Debilitating Pain, Mass
Enervation
Energy Drain
Guardian of Faith
Invisibility
Spit Venom
Suppress Charms and Compulsions
Sword To Snake
Thirsting Entanglement
Thought Worm
Tough Crowd
True Seeing
Vermin Shape
Viper Bomb Admixture
Vision of Hell
Ward Shield
Wrathful Mantle
Zone of Foul Flames

darrenan
January 17th, 2021, 18:49
What would cause the description of the spell to be empty after dragging it into a character sheet? I was having this issue in a game I was playing in last night and was causing me to have to manually fill in the descriptions. Is there an extension that this module is relying on?

EDIT: This is not specific to this module. I will be starting a new thread in the house of healing.

dllewell
January 17th, 2021, 19:51
What would cause the description of the spell to be empty after dragging it into a character sheet? I was having this issue in a game I was playing in last night and was causing me to have to manually fill in the descriptions. Is there an extension that this module is relying on?

EDIT: This is not specific to this module. I will be starting a new thread in the house of healing.

darrenan - I'm not sure what would cause that. I am not able to replicate the issue. When I drag a spell to the character sheet the description comes over. Both for the spells from the Core Rulebook and the spells from PFRPG - Spellbook.

No extension is required for the Spellbook in order to get the descriptions to to come over to the character sheet.

Having said, I do highly recommend the PFRPG Spell Description Formatting (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60120-PFRPG-Spell-Description-Formatting) extension written by bmos. This makes sure that the formatting for the spell description is kept when dragging spells to the character sheet. Again, not required, just a really nice added feature.

darrenan
January 17th, 2021, 20:25
See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65276-PF1-Spells-Missing-Description-After-Dragging-From-Module&goto=newpost). Read the repro steps and verify whether or not you can reproduce it. Post your results in that thread, not here.

DCrumb
January 17th, 2021, 23:31
Cause Fear could have effects added to it. They could be frightened for d4 rounds and a second effect of shaken for a round. Since these effects are already built in to PF ruleset, just need to use their names and all of the actual effects (attack rolls, saving rolls, etc.) are already calculated by the PF ruleset.

dllewell
January 18th, 2021, 01:00
Cause Fear could have effects added to it. They could be frightened for d4 rounds and a second effect of shaken for a round. Since these effects are already built in to PF ruleset, just need to use their names and all of the actual effects (attack rolls, saving rolls, etc.) are already calculated by the PF ruleset.

Those effects have already been added to the Cause Fear spell.

bmos
January 18th, 2021, 21:19
When the spellbook gets updated, it doesn't change the spells that have already been added to a character's spell classes.
To leverage the new improvements, the spell must be removed and added again to the character's list.

Svandal
January 22nd, 2021, 05:25
There is a statistical problem with hellfire ray.
1d6 damage per caster level, half fire half unholy
Is not the same as 1d3 fire+1d3 unholy per caster level.
2d3 is 4 damage per level
1d6 is 3.5 damage per level
There is no good way of doing this, but what I do is split it:
1d6 fire per even caster level (max 7)
1d6 unholy per odd caster level max 8)

I am guessing that the same might be said to others spells like flame strike, but I have not looked at other spells.

dllewell
January 30th, 2021, 23:51
There is a statistical problem with hellfire ray.
1d6 damage per caster level, half fire half unholy
Is not the same as 1d3 fire+1d3 unholy per caster level.
2d3 is 4 damage per level
1d6 is 3.5 damage per level
There is no good way of doing this, but what I do is split it:
1d6 fire per even caster level (max 7)
1d6 unholy per odd caster level max 8)

I am guessing that the same might be said to others spells like flame strike, but I have not looked at other spells.

Great point Svandal. Let me think on this some more.

I like your approach but it also comes with it's own issues (as you said, no good answer). For your example, someone who has fire resistance gets the short end of the stick at odd caster levels as the odd level 1d6 is purely unholy so it all gets applied instead of half of it being absorbed by the fire resistance. Mathematically is that worse than just halving everything (which as you pointed out increases the overall damage)? My statistical mathematics skills are not up to the task of figuring that out right now. But I will look at it some more and see if I can answer that question :)

darrenan
January 31st, 2021, 01:00
What we need is the ability to do something like: "DMG: 10d6 fire+unholy" or "DMG: 10d6 fire/2" (or Hfire). But of course all those options require ruleset/extension support.

bmos
January 31st, 2021, 02:47
I found some fixes for you!
Sunburst (https://aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Sunburst)'s 6d6 should do half damage on a save.
Flame Strike (https://www.aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Flame%20Strike)'s damage should only be half fire damage, the rest is untyped.
Form of the Dragon III (https://aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Form%20of%20the%20Drago n%20III) doesn't give energy resistance but rather energy immunity.

dllewell
January 31st, 2021, 04:18
I found some fixes for you!
Sunburst (https://aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Sunburst)'s 6d6 should do half damage on a save.
Flame Strike (https://www.aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Flame%20Strike)'s damage should only be half fire damage, the rest is untyped.
Form of the Dragon III (https://aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Form%20of%20the%20Drago n%20III) doesn't give energy resistance but rather energy immunity.

Thanks bmos.

I have changed Form of the Dragon III, as well as Form of the Alien Dragon III and Form of the Exotic Dragon III (these both had the same issue as Form of the Dragon III) -- This change is currently in my local copy only.

For Sunburst and Flame Strike, can you confirm that you have the most recent version of the Spell book and test again?

I show that Sunburst already does half damage on save and Flame Strike already has half its damage as untyped.

bmos
January 31st, 2021, 04:34
Thanks bmos.

I have changed Form of the Dragon III, as well as Form of the Alien Dragon III and Form of the Exotic Dragon III (these both had the same issue as Form of the Dragon III) -- This change is currently in my local copy only.

For Sunburst and Flame Strike, can you confirm that you have the most recent version of the Spell book and test again?

I show that Sunburst already does half damage on save and Flame Strike already has half its damage as untyped.

43364Thanks, I wondered if I was just using old versions of something. I'll re-add to that character.
At least one of them was an improvement :)

Svandal
February 1st, 2021, 16:53
Great point Svandal. Let me think on this some more.

I like your approach but it also comes with it's own issues (as you said, no good answer). For your example, someone who has fire resistance gets the short end of the stick at odd caster levels as the odd level 1d6 is purely unholy so it all gets applied instead of half of it being absorbed by the fire resistance. Mathematically is that worse than just halving everything (which as you pointed out increases the overall damage)? My statistical mathematics skills are not up to the task of figuring that out right now. But I will look at it some more and see if I can answer that question :)

Ok. Splitting the dice like I proposed makes the outcome have a larger variance to creatures that are immune to fire or have high resistance. Damage average will be the same.
What this means is. If we have a caster level 8 mage casts hellfire ray vs fire immune creature. There will be a significantly more chance to do 24 damage (4d6 unholy is 24 max) and a significantly higher chance to do 4 damage to creature than if half was unholy. If a normal hellfire ray where to do 4 damage you would have to roll 8 1s on 8d6 normally, but with my method you would only have to roll 4 1s on 4d6.
Like I said average is the same.

Since we have unholy damage on odd caster levels you would do an average of 3.5/2=1.75 more damage on odd caster levels vs fire immune creatures.
Vs fire resistance it would only matter if the fire resistance is high enough. If for example a caster level 11 would do almost the same average vs fire resistance 10 creature with my method as if he had done half fire half unholy. 5d6 has a really low chance of rolling less than 10 fire damage.

Note that my method does less damage on odd caster level vs vulnerable to fire creatures.

So I am not sure if it is a slight boost or slight nerf to have unholy damage on odd caster levels since you will not cast fire spells vs fire immune or high fire resistance creatures

Edit: 1.75 damage more, not 3.5. fixed in text on damage vs fire immune on odd caster levels

malvok
February 2nd, 2021, 13:25
In the main module listing, the Oracle seems missing.

DCrumb
February 2nd, 2021, 15:31
If the Sorcerer/Wizard is listed that way, then Oracle should be listed with Cleric (Cleric/Oracle), as Oracle is to Clerics as Sorcerer is to Wizards.

darrenan
February 2nd, 2021, 17:16
Yeah, the list has both Sorcerer and Wizard, even though they share spell lists. Should either add Oracle, or change them to Sorcerer/Wizard and Cleric/Oracle.

DCrumb
February 3rd, 2021, 02:01
Sorcerer and Wizard are almost the same lists. Wizard has at least one extra spell.

dllewell
February 3rd, 2021, 14:57
In the main module listing, the Oracle seems missing.

Originally I did not put an Oracle list because it is exactly the same as the Cleric list. At least, that's how I remembered it being. But I have done further research and there are indeed a few differences between the lists now. So, I will add a separate Oracle list. Thank you for pointing this out.

In regards to the Wizard and Sorcerer lists I had made two separate lists because their are some (minor) differences between them.

dllewell
February 3rd, 2021, 15:05
Ok. Splitting the dice like I proposed makes the outcome have a larger variance to creatures that are immune to fire or have high resistance. Damage average will be the same.
What this means is. If we have a caster level 8 mage casts hellfire ray vs fire immune creature. There will be a significantly more chance to do 24 damage (4d6 unholy is 24 max) and a significantly higher chance to do 4 damage to creature than if half was unholy. If a normal hellfire ray where to do 4 damage you would have to roll 8 1s on 8d6 normally, but with my method you would only have to roll 4 1s on 4d6.
Like I said average is the same.

Since we have unholy damage on odd caster levels you would do an average of 3.5/2=1.75 more damage on odd caster levels vs fire immune creatures.
Vs fire resistance it would only matter if the fire resistance is high enough. If for example a caster level 11 would do almost the same average vs fire resistance 10 creature with my method as if he had done half fire half unholy. 5d6 has a really low chance of rolling less than 10 fire damage.

Note that my method does less damage on odd caster level vs vulnerable to fire creatures.

So I am not sure if it is a slight boost or slight nerf to have unholy damage on odd caster levels since you will not cast fire spells vs fire immune or high fire resistance creatures

Edit: 1.75 damage more, not 3.5. fixed in text on damage vs fire immune on odd caster levels

I'm still looking at this ... along with some other options. I'm toying with a split 1d3 (avg 2) and 1d4-1 (0-3 = avg 1.5) approach for 1d6 split damage. The average works out correctly but it still has the issue with energy resistance skewing the results. But I'm hoping that is to a lesser degree. That won't work, of course, for d8 damage.

Even once we "fix" this it's still not correct. It's supposed to be half damage. 1d6 of energy damage A and 1d6 of energy damage B is not the same as 2d6 of damage and then split evenly between A and B. As darrenan said, without the dmg/2 option this will never be completely right.

BearSpiritGuide
February 4th, 2021, 05:10
Hey folks, sorry for the newbie question: where can I get this module? Is there a place with the link?

Svandal
February 4th, 2021, 14:23
I'm still looking at this ... along with some other options. I'm toying with a split 1d3 (avg 2) and 1d4-1 (0-3 = avg 1.5) approach for 1d6 split damage. The average works out correctly but it still has the issue with energy resistance skewing the results. But I'm hoping that is to a lesser degree. That won't work, of course, for d8 damage.

Even once we "fix" this it's still not correct. It's supposed to be half damage. 1d6 of energy damage A and 1d6 of energy damage B is not the same as 2d6 of damage and then split evenly between A and B. As darrenan said, without the dmg/2 option this will never be completely right.

The problem of rolling other dice and substracting is that you get the same average, but different variance. Let me show you with this graph

It shows dice rolls 10 000 times for each scenario.
Caster level 5 hellay vs fire resistance 5 monster.
I think what you meant was taking 1d4-1 unholy +1d3 fire(or the other way around) per caster level as a fix?
I could not attach an excel file it seems. If you want I can send it to you to double check, but I warn you it was my forst time trying this in excel, so it looks horrible, it is a really backward way of doing it, and I would do it much better if I made it again. 

Edit: the axis are
Horizontal axis: damage dealt to monster
Vertical axis: number of times this number was reached in 10 100 outcomes

dllewell
February 4th, 2021, 14:44
Hey folks, sorry for the newbie question: where can I get this module? Is there a place with the link?
The link to the latest version is in the OP.

bmos
February 4th, 2021, 14:52
If you don't see it, scroll down to the bottom of the page and switch to Full Site Mode. You might be on mobile view.

dllewell
February 6th, 2021, 16:01
The problem of rolling other dice and substracting is that you get the same average, but different variance. Let me show you with this graph

It shows dice rolls 10 000 times for each scenario.
Caster level 5 hellay vs fire resistance 5 monster.
I think what you meant was taking 1d4-1 unholy +1d3 fire(or the other way around) per caster level as a fix?
I could not attach an excel file it seems. If you want I can send it to you to double check, but I warn you it was my forst time trying this in excel, so it looks horrible, it is a really backward way of doing it, and I would do it much better if I made it again. 

Edit: the axis are
Horizontal axis: damage dealt to monster
Vertical axis: number of times this number was reached in 10 100 outcomes

I took your numbers and ran some of my own and agree with your assessment. As we already ascertained there is no perfect answer with the options we currently have.

But ultimately your 1d6 unholy at odd levels then 1d6 at even levels is, I believe, the closest we can come.

At odd levels those with fire resistance will take 1.75 points more damage than they should. At 1st level this is a 100% increase in damage they should take but that percentage of extra damage drops quickly (33% at 3rd, 20% at 5th, 14% at 7th, 11% at 9th).

I'll start modifying the spells that split damage to use your formula.

dllewell
February 7th, 2021, 17:25
Version 5.1 has been uploaded.

To see the spell changes on the character sheet you must re-attach the spell to the character sheet.

Following changes were made in this version.

Oracle Spell List added - thank you malvok

Sleep - Fixed the REMOVE effects.

Changed resistances to immunities for the three Form of the Dragon III spells - thank you bmos

Form of the Alien Dragon III
Form of the Dragon III
Form of the Exotic Dragon III

Split Damage Spells
Spells that split the damage (I.E. half fire damage, half divine damage) were originally being calculated as 1d3 untyped damage and 1d3 elemental damage. As Svandal pointed out 2d3 is not the same as 1d6. These spells have been changed to use Svandal's suggestion.
They now do 1d6 of untyped damage at odd caster levels and 1d6 of elemental damage at even caster levels.
Specific spells affected by this change are:

Flamestrike - Fire
Rebuke (1d6 per caster level) - Sonic - Note: For this spell there is also an option that does 1d8 damage per 2 caster levels. There was no good way I could find to fix this so it stays as 1d4 untyped and 1d4 sonic.
Dirge of the Victorious Knight - Cold
Hellfire Ray - Fire
Umbral Strike - cold

Shield of the Dawnflower, greater was also changed. It does 1d6 damage plus 1 damage per caster level.
It was Changed from 2d3 to 1d3 untyped and 1d4-1 elemental

Svandal
February 7th, 2021, 19:34
I got a couple of suggestions for the wall of xxxx spells.
Example wall of stone:
First create temporary hit points for the spell:
First, the most "smooth" way: Temporary hit points: 3,75 x caster level
Second the way of the rules, but you have to read rules and click many times: temporary hit points: 15 (clieck several times they stack)

Second effects:
For "Vanilla": RESIST: 8; IMMUNE: nonlethal; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; To break STR DC: 20+2/c.l20; (strenght check only for information)
For Kels extension add this in addition; HRESIST: fire; HRESIST: cold; HRESIST: acid; HRESIST: electricity;

That adamantine goes through everything below 20 hardness is hard to code in. Especially sine +4 weapons count as adamantine (but I dont think vs objects)

Edit: Forgot about immunities to precision, critical and nonlethal

Strongrunner
February 8th, 2021, 09:54
Hi - This is the first time I have replied to any of the threads here..
First of all I will congratulate you on a most excellent Mod I use this mod to help with my wizard character spells, it is a complicated character and your mod helps me a LOT..

This is about Form of the Dragon Spells mainly III :-
1 The melee attacks of the various Dragons should add strength to each attack but that can be easily adjusted..
2 - In Form of the Dragon III it should be :-

Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: acid
Form Of The Dragon III (Blue/Bronze);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: electricity
Form Of The Dragon III (Red);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
Form Of The Dragon III (White);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire
Form Of The Dragon III (Brass);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
Form Of The Dragon III (Gold);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire
Form Of The Dragon III (Silver);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire

I tried this and it does work...

Strongrunner

dllewell
February 9th, 2021, 04:10
Hi - This is the first time I have replied to any of the threads here..
First of all I will congratulate you on a most excellent Mod I use this mod to help with my wizard character spells, it is a complicated character and your mod helps me a LOT..

This is about Form of the Dragon Spells mainly III :-
1 The melee attacks of the various Dragons should add strength to each attack but that can be easily adjusted..
2 - In Form of the Dragon III it should be :-

Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: acid
Form Of The Dragon III (Blue/Bronze);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: electricity
Form Of The Dragon III (Red);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
Form Of The Dragon III (White);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire
Form Of The Dragon III (Brass);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
Form Of The Dragon III (Gold);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire
Form Of The Dragon III (Silver);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire

I tried this and it does work...

Strongrunner

The latest version already has that information. In fact, it looks exactly like what you identified above. :)

Can you confirm that you have downloaded the latest version and then re-copy the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook onto the character sheet. Then see what it looks like.

For reference I have included an image of what the effect for the Black/Green/Copper dragon looks like on the latest version. Please let me know if this still doesn't match what you are seeing.

dllewell
February 9th, 2021, 04:20
I got a couple of suggestions for the wall of xxxx spells.
Example wall of stone:
First create temporary hit points for the spell:
First, the most "smooth" way: Temporary hit points: 3,75 x caster level
Second the way of the rules, but you have to read rules and click many times: temporary hit points: 15 (clieck several times they stack)

Second effects:
For "Vanilla": RESIST: 8; IMMUNE: nonlethal; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; To break STR DC: 20+2/c.l20; (strenght check only for information)
For Kels extension add this in addition; HRESIST: fire; HRESIST: cold; HRESIST: acid; HRESIST: electricity;

That adamantine goes through everything below 20 hardness is hard to code in. Especially sine +4 weapons count as adamantine (but I dont think vs objects)

Edit: Forgot about immunities to precision, critical and nonlethal

Svandal,
I don't think I'm following here. Where would these effects be applied to? There is no 'wall' creature on the combat tracker to apply these effects to.

Svandal
February 9th, 2021, 05:21
Svandal,
I don't think I'm following here. Where would these effects be applied to? There is no 'wall' creature on the combat tracker to apply these effects to.

Maybe it is more confusing than helpfull?
First it might be helpfull to have as a reminder.
Then we could also include a reminder for strenght check.

Secondly, there can be a wall creature in the combat tracker if you make a neutral wall creature with no stats, no hit points. When I have used these wall of xxx as a DM the combat slows down to look up stats, to calculate damage and see if it breaks through. I just thought of it now that it would have been usefull to have 😁
Maybe it would have been even better if somebody made a module with all the different objects as a "monsters", but I dont think there are many groups that smashes things a lot.

dllewell
February 9th, 2021, 14:02
Maybe it is more confusing than helpfull?
First it might be helpfull to have as a reminder.
Then we could also include a reminder for strenght check.

Secondly, there can be a wall creature in the combat tracker if you make a neutral wall creature with no stats, no hit points. When I have used these wall of xxx as a DM the combat slows down to look up stats, to calculate damage and see if it breaks through. I just thought of it now that it would have been usefull to have ��
Maybe it would have been even better if somebody made a module with all the different objects as a "monsters", but I dont think there are many groups that smashes things a lot.

Svandal,
My concern with having effect entries as 'reminders' of what the spell does is that this causes unnecessary clutter and, in my mind, a level of confusion.
When I see an effect I expect that is will be applied to something. Having an effect that doesn't actually get applied to anything would, I believe, be confusing for people.
If it is not applied to something then in order to view it the player would need to expand the Effects and read it from the spell sheet, while trying to decipher what the effect actually does (something that is obvious for us but may not be for a player). At that point I think it would be easier to just open the spell (which can be done from the character sheet) and read the effect there (in plain english :))

If you are going to go to the effort of creating an NPC to represent the wall wouldn't it be easier to just put those HPs and effects on the NPC sheet? The HPs would need to change, based on caster level, but that is a fairly quick thing for the DM to do. The other items remain the same. I realize you would need to create separate creatures for each wall but once they are created it would be easier to just grab the specific wall NPC rather than having to grab a generic wall NPC and then apply different effects to it.
Note that if this route is used you would need to add multiple NPCs for the wall as the HPs are per 5 foot section so each of those 5 foot sections would need to be a different NPC.

I understand where you are coming from and what you are trying to accomplish but I don't think that the spellbook is the place to do that.

bmos
February 9th, 2021, 17:25
My concern with having effect entries as 'reminders' of what the spell does is that this causes unnecessary clutter and, in my mind, a level of confusion.agreed! my 19th level players already have WAY too much in their effects lists!

Svandal
February 9th, 2021, 18:35
Svandal,
My concern with having effect entries as 'reminders' of what the spell does is that this causes unnecessary clutter and, in my mind, a level of confusion.
When I see an effect I expect that is will be applied to something. Having an effect that doesn't actually get applied to anything would, I believe, be confusing for people.
If it is not applied to something then in order to view it the player would need to expand the Effects and read it from the spell sheet, while trying to decipher what the effect actually does (something that is obvious for us but may not be for a player). At that point I think it would be easier to just open the spell (which can be done from the character sheet) and read the effect there (in plain english :))

If you are going to go to the effort of creating an NPC to represent the wall wouldn't it be easier to just put those HPs and effects on the NPC sheet? The HPs would need to change, based on caster level, but that is a fairly quick thing for the DM to do. The other items remain the same. I realize you would need to create separate creatures for each wall but once they are created it would be easier to just grab the specific wall NPC rather than having to grab a generic wall NPC and then apply different effects to it.
Note that if this route is used you would need to add multiple NPCs for the wall as the HPs are per 5 foot section so each of those 5 foot sections would need to be a different NPC.

I understand where you are coming from and what you are trying to accomplish but I don't think that the spellbook is the place to do that.

Yes I agree with this when I think more about it. The walls and objects as NPC is the best way. Maybe some day I can make a objects module for this. Some day when my kids dont argue that much about going to bed, and I actually have the time to look into making a module 😁

Kelrugem
February 9th, 2021, 18:50
Especially FGU has still some issues with long lists, especially the action tabs we have in 3.5e/PF1 :D Until that performance is improved, one can argue that omitting informational effects is for better performance :)

Strongrunner
February 10th, 2021, 23:14
no I removed the mod re - downloaded the mod again then tried the mod again and what I get is the various dragon types with resist 20 not immune , for example I get Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;RESIST:20 acid ..

I don't know what the problem is but I kept fiddling with it and there was no change at all..

bmos
February 11th, 2021, 04:30
no I removed the mod re - downloaded the mod again then tried the mod again and what I get is the various dragon types with resist 20 not immune , for example I get Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;RESIST:20 acid ..

I don't know what the problem is but I kept fiddling with it and there was no change at all..Just downloading it again doesn't cause the changes to be loaded.
Right-click it in the library and click the 'shuffle' button labeled "revert changes".

dllewell
February 16th, 2021, 16:22

I don't know what the problem is but I kept fiddling with it and there was no change at all..

Strongrunner,
Did you get this resolved?

To expand on what bmos said. If you have customized the spell locally then it will not be overwritten by the latest version from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. You will need to 'revert' your changes.

If the icon to the right of the spell is a book with a pencil then this spell has been modified locally. To 'revert' this spell so that it uses the PFRPG - Spellbook module, right click on the spell and click on the 'Revert Changes' icon at the 11 o' clock position. The icon for the spell should now be a book (without the pencil). This indicates that is it using the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. After this replace the spell in the character sheet with the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook.

Let me know if that still does not work.

In the image below
The Form of the Dragon I [Y] spell is coming from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. As indicated by the book icon.
The Form of the Dragon III [Y] spell has been modified locally, which is where the spell is coming from. As indicated by the book with pencil icon.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43773&d=1613492514

Right clicking on the spell brings up the radial menu. At the 11 o' clock position is the Revert Changes option.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43774&d=1613492542

You can also revert all changes to the PFRPG - Spellbook by going into the 'Data Module Activation' window, right clicking on the module itself and clicking on the 'Revert Changes'. This will remove all local customizations for that module.

bmos
February 16th, 2021, 19:10
To expand on what bmos said. If you have customized the spell locally then it will not be overwritten by the latest version from the PFRPG - Spellbook module. You will need to 'revert' your changes.I'm pretty sure it's even worse than that! When you have a module loaded and it gets updated, the updates don't show up unless you unload/reload the module (or revert changes, if they exist).

Kelrugem
February 16th, 2021, 19:56
I'm pretty sure it's even worse than that! When you have a module loaded and it gets updated, the updates don't show up unless you unload/reload the module (or revert changes, if they exist).

Next to each entry in the list you normally see a book, denoting that it is from a module :) If you've edited it, then there will be also a quill; the entries with a quill won't be updated automatically to avoid overwriting your changes; all other entries will be updated :) (you can also right-click on such an entry with quill to just revert changes there)

bmos
February 17th, 2021, 01:04
all other entries will be updated :)
ah, maybe it's just the /reload command that doesn't automatically load module changes.

Kelrugem
February 17th, 2021, 01:20
ah, maybe it's just the /reload command that doesn't automatically load module changes.

hmm, good call, not sure on that front :D

Strongrunner
February 22nd, 2021, 14:31
Sorry I took so long to reply - I got a lot going on here and that take priority.. As for the Mod - No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Other than the problem with form of the dragon III the mod helps me a great deal in working out the spells for my wizard (as the Character is very very complicated not having to worry as much about the spells is a big weight off my mind)

Kelrugem
February 22nd, 2021, 14:33
No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Other than the problem with form of the dragon III the mod helps me a great deal in working out the spells for my wizard (as the Character is very very complicated not having to worry as much about the spells is a big weight off my mind)

Did you try the above? Did you also try in a new campaign? If it does not work in a new campaign, then it is likely that you copy the module to the wrong place maybe :)

bmos
February 22nd, 2021, 14:34
I can't find a way of going back on the changesHave you removed the spell from the Wizard's Actions tab and dragged it back in? Adding spells to the actions tab makes a copy which does not get updated when the module changes.

Morquendel
February 22nd, 2021, 17:02
Sorry I took so long to reply - I got a lot going on here and that take priority.. As for the Mod - No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Your not the DM? Have you asked him to update your sheet?

bmos
February 22nd, 2021, 18:46
Shouldn't matter if they're the GM or player. As long as the spellbook is marked as accessible for player-load, players can add/remove spells themselves if they have it loaded.
But it is the GM who needs to revert changes, not the player.

tahl_liadon
March 10th, 2021, 01:04
spotted typo:

gate spell
REMOVELGate

prob should be:
REMOVE:Gate

bmos
March 10th, 2021, 02:51
Good news!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes_ruleset.html

3.5E effects now have 1/3 and 1/4 operators (T and Q) instead of just H. I think this will be helpful for automating more spells/automating them better.

Examples (I think, but I'm not sure if the lack of a "minimum 1" constraint is an issue):
magicsiegeenginegreater
MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG: [QCL] enhancement
MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK:1 enhancement;DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK: [QCL] enhancement;DMG: [QCL] enhancement

danceofahundredcuts
Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: 3 morale melee;DMG:3 morale melee;AC:3 morale;SKILL:3 morale acrobatics -> Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: [TCL] morale melee;DMG: [TCL] morale melee;AC: [TCL] morale;SKILL: [TCL] morale acrobatics

dllewell
March 14th, 2021, 16:48
spotted typo:

gate spell
REMOVELGate

prob should be:
REMOVE:Gate

Thank you tahl. This has been fixed in my local development version.

dllewell
March 14th, 2021, 16:51
Good news!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes_ruleset.html

3.5E effects now have 1/3 and 1/4 operators (T and Q) instead of just H. I think this will be helpful for automating more spells/automating them better.

Examples (I think, but I'm not sure if the lack of a "minimum 1" constraint is an issue):
magicsiegeenginegreater
MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG: [QCL] enhancement
MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK:1 enhancement;DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK: [QCL] enhancement;DMG: [QCL] enhancement

danceofahundredcuts
Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: 3 morale melee;DMG:3 morale melee;AC:3 morale;SKILL:3 morale acrobatics -> Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: [TCL] morale melee;DMG: [TCL] morale melee;AC: [TCL] morale;SKILL: [TCL] morale acrobatics

Thank you bmos. I will get started on changing these. I have some I had already spotted (in preparation for the version that works with Kel's extension) but I'm sure there are others I have missed. I hope to have a new version out sometime this week, with these changes as well as other changes I have been working on.

dllewell
March 15th, 2021, 14:49
Version 6 has been uploaded.

To see the spell changes on the character sheet you must re-attach the spell to the character sheet.

The following changes were made in this version.

Gate - Fixed a typo in the REMOVE effect - thank you tahl

Resist Energy Communal - Fixed typo on some of the effects.

Removed 'harmless' and 'object' saves
In an effort to clean up the clutter, and some possible confusion, with the Spellbook I have removed the save and melee touch actions from any spells where the save is considered harmless or affects an object.

I found in many groups that a caster was pressing the Cast action button and having the party save versus a beneficial (harmless) spell. Spells like 'Bless' and 'Haste'. At a minimum this was causing confusion as players were trying to figure out why a save was being made. More annoying was that this was causing PCs who saved to be un-selected so that the beneficial spell was then not cast on them.

For objects, most of the time there is no real save to be made. And even if there is, there is no object of the Combat Tracker to make the save against.

Now their will still be times when someone does want to save against a beneficial spell, but on those rare occasions a manual save can still be made. Same thing when a object actually does need to make a save.

1/3 and 1/4 Effects
1/3 and 1/4 Effects have been added to the Pathfinder ruleset. Way to go bmos. I have gone through the Spellbook and added these effects for all spells I could find that would benefit from them.

Below is a list of the spells I modified. If you see any others that could use these new effects please let me know.

Barkskin
Bestow Insight
Dance of a Hundred Cuts
Dance of a Thousand Cuts
Dazzling Blade, Mass
Defile Armor
Divine Favor
Divine Power
Magic Fang, Greater
Magic Siege Engine, Greater
Magic Vestment
Magic Weapon, Greater
Sanctify Armor
Seducer's Eyes
Unerring Weapon
Unhallowed Blows, Greater
Vestment of the Champion
Wrathful Mantle

Morquendel
March 15th, 2021, 14:56
This is so great. Thank you a lot

StormNobleheart
March 15th, 2021, 20:12
Reporting missing spell: Frost Fingers from Ultimate Magic.

dllewell
March 15th, 2021, 22:04
Reporting missing spell: Frost Fingers from Ultimate Magic.

Frost Fingers is from the optional Words of Power subsystem. No spells from that subsystem have been added to the spellbook.

I didn't even know this subsystem existed until you mentioned this. :)

There is no plan to add any of the Words of Power spells to the spellbook.

Ripskreig
March 16th, 2021, 03:51
this is so very much appreciated. thank you dllewell!

bmos
March 16th, 2021, 16:48
Awesome! For future consideration: lighting effects (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1312784387/Adding+Lights+to+Maps+and+Tokens) (you're probably already planning these).

Check remove worksPretty sure REMOVE: works correctly as long as the relevant stat has not changed.

dllewell
March 16th, 2021, 18:53
Awesome! For future consideration: lighting effects (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1312784387/Adding+Lights+to+Maps+and+Tokens) (you're probably already planning these).

Pretty sure REMOVE: works correctly as long as the relevant stat has not changed.

Sorry those were my internal notes when testing. Yes, the REMOVE works fine :)

Hadn't actually seen the info on the new lighting effects. Yes, once those get introduced I will add them to the appropriate spells.

StormNobleheart
March 18th, 2021, 01:36
Thank you for the update! I had an NPC with the spell and could not find it.

flobot
March 18th, 2021, 23:43
I have a quick, hopefully not stupid, question. I was looking at the effect of barkskin:

Barkskin;AC:1 [TCL] natural

What does [TCL] do? I can't find anything about that descriptor on the various wikis or other information I can find about effects.

Also, some spells have [Y] at the end of the name. What does that mean?

Maybe my search fu is off and if these were easy to search answers, then sorry about wasting time.

Thanks.

bmos
March 18th, 2021, 23:59
What does [TCL] do?
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes

[TCL] = 1/3 of your caster level. 1 [TCL] = 1 + 1/3 of your caster level.
I would imagine Q and T have not been added to the wiki yet as they're new. They follow the same rules as H which is there, but are quarter or third rather than half.

flobot
March 19th, 2021, 00:03
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes

[TCL] = 1/3 of your caster level. 1 [TCL] = 1 + 1/3 of your caster level.
I would imagine Q and T have not been added to the wiki yet as they're new. They follow the same rules as H which is there, but are quarter or third rather than half.

Ah, thank you very much.

dllewell
March 19th, 2021, 18:13
Also, some spells have [Y] at the end of the name. What does that mean?

Maybe my search fu is off and if these were easy to search answers, then sorry about wasting time.

Thanks.

[Y] indicates that there is a Mythic version of that particular spell. The details for the Mythic version of the spell are in the description but there are no Effects set up for the Mythic spell.

flobot
March 19th, 2021, 20:41
[Y] indicates that there is a Mythic version of that particular spell. The details for the Mythic version of the spell are in the description but there are no Effects set up for the Mythic spell.

Thanks for the explanation.

bmos
March 20th, 2021, 02:54
I'm seeing a few spells with the "Battering Blast" effect where it doesn't seem to make sense.

dllewell
March 22nd, 2021, 16:20
I'm seeing a few spells with the "Battering Blast" effect where it doesn't seem to make sense.

Nice catch bmos. Looks like I got a little overzealous with cutting and pasting back in version 4.7.

Version 6.1 has been released with fixes for this.

Their were 3 Spells affected. Barbed Chains, Forceful Hand, and Grasping Hand.

Note that this did not affect the effects, it was a typo on the label only.

darrenan
March 23rd, 2021, 02:30
The Effect/Target field of Sepia Snake Sigil seems to have some random text pasted in the middle of it: "one touched book or wrinstantaneousen work"

dllewell
March 24th, 2021, 13:55
The Effect/Target field of Sepia Snake Sigil seems to have some random text pasted in the middle of it: "one touched book or wrinstantaneousen work"

Hmm, that's strange. It looks fine for me. Can you confirm that you have the latest version of the spellbook and then drag a new copy of the spell to the character sheet and let me know if you still see the random text?

This is what it looks like on my version. I've highlighted the field that I believe you are referring to.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45152&d=1616590551

bmos
March 24th, 2021, 15:51
drag a new copy of the spell to the character sheetI made an extension to help with re-adding spells to get the latest data:

If you use Upgrade NPC Actions v1.12 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upgrade-NPC-Actions/releases/tag/v1.12)+ you can now right-click the spell and click re-parse to re-import it with any new changes from the this Spellbook module :)

It should also be helpful for new users, since it means they can just right click and reparse to upgrade to your actions instead of having to delete the old spells and drag them in from your module.

dllewell
March 24th, 2021, 23:11
I made an extension to help with re-adding spells to get the latest data:

If you use Upgrade NPC Actions v1.12 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upgrade-NPC-Actions/releases/tag/v1.12)+ you can now right-click the spell and click re-parse to re-import it with any new changes from the this Spellbook module :)

It should also be helpful for new users, since it means they can just right click and reparse to upgrade to your actions instead of having to delete the old spells and drag them in from your module.

That is pretty awesome. Thank you bmos

Khoredran
March 31st, 2021, 20:56
With the incoming Token Light Vision update (supposed to be released TOMORROW!!!!), will we see all the darkness and light spells (as well as true seeing, blindsense, blindsight(echolocation), darkvision, etc) of the Spellbook modified to let the effects work with the new lighting mechanics? Because that would be awesome!

bmos
March 31st, 2021, 23:05
Pg 17 ;)

With the incoming Token Light Vision update (supposed to be released TOMORROW!!!!), will we see all the darkness and light spells (as well as true seeing, blindsense, blindsight(echolocation), darkvision, etc) of the Spellbook modified to let the effects work with the new lighting mechanics? Because that would be awesome!

Hadn't actually seen the info on the new lighting effects. Yes, once those get introduced I will add them to the appropriate spells.

Kelrugem
March 31st, 2021, 23:13

Where did people get this information about the lighting release? I saw it several times today :D It was only mentioned that at earliest the week of 5 April, but nothing fixed; following the laboratory/beta test, there seems to be some decisions still to be made (FoW stuff and how the token vision/light of the sidebar interacts with the effects :)

Khoredran
March 31st, 2021, 23:25
Where did people get this information about the lighting release? I saw it several times today :D It was only mentioned that at earliest the week of 5 April, but nothing fixed; following the laboratory/beta test, there seems to be some decisions still to be made (FoW stuff and how the token vision/light of the sidebar interacts with the effects :)

It was carefully hidden in a facebook post on the Fantasy Ground page written by one of the dev, he said (1st april), but it might be... and april's fool... xD

Kelrugem
March 31st, 2021, 23:28
It was carefully hidden in a facebook post on the Fantasy Ground page written by one of the dev, he said (1st april), but it might be... and april's fool... xD

lol, yeah, I'd expect that it is an April's fool :D But who knows :D

Kelrugem
April 2nd, 2021, 03:21

Looks like we were both correct: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64462-Super-Secret-Sneak-Preview-of-Lighting-and-Vision-Shhhh-don-t-tell-Carl-and-John&p=591274#post591274 :D

I call this: Schrödinger's April's Fool! :D

Khoredran
April 26th, 2021, 00:20
We can now reprogram a lot of Spells to add their effect limit!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=596189#post596189

Hurray!

Thank you so much Kelrugem ^^

Svandal
April 28th, 2021, 18:50
Size changes are a litte weird. Ok, here is my explanation:
ATK: x size: This adds or subtracts both attack rolls and CMB rolls.
AC: x size: This only adds or subtracts on AC NOT CMD
AC: x. This adds or subtracts on AC AND CMD.

In this spellbook enlarge person has the following effect: (This gives +0 on CMB and +0 CMD which is wrong)
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size
Enlarge person should have this effect: (This gives +2 CMB and +1 CMD which is right)
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size

Righteous Might have this effect: (which gives +2 CMB and +3 CMD, which is wrong, and to high touch AC)
Righteous Might;STR:4 size;CON:4 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:2;DR:5 evil
If should have this effect: (which gives +3 CMB and +2 CMD which is right)
Righteous Might;STR:4 size;CON:4 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:2 natural;DR:5 evil;ATK:-1 size;AC:+1 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size

Legendary proportions are a mess AC wise. Ok, so this gives us a +6 size bonus to natural armor. Pathfinder rules +6 size bonus to natural armor stacks with natural armor like barkskin. Fantasy grounds does like that. +6 size does not work, that applies to touch and CMD. natural is the closest, but please avoid that because there are so many natural armor bonus spells there that it stacks with, but not if you call it natural in FG. My best suggestion is to say that it is an armor bonus. Then it does not apply to touch and CMD, and we have almost no problem with stacking issues with other spells. Mage armor is one of the few I can think of now that gives armor bonus. Oh, and magic vestement might be a problem. No good solutions there.

Legendary proprotions have this effect: (which gives +3 CMB and +3 CMD which is wrong, and AC touch is +6, it should be -1, difference of 7)
Legendary Proportions;STR:6 size;CON:4 size;AC:6 size;DR:10 adamantine
It should have this effect (which gives +4 CMB and +4 CMD)
Legendary Proportions;STR:6 size;CON:4 size;AC:6 armor;DR:10 adamantine;ATK:-1 size;AC:-1 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size

And since I talked about magic vestement, that is wrong because fantasy grounds treats this a little weird:
The spell is coded like this (which gives +1 AC to touch and +1 to CMD, which is wrong.
Magic Vestment;AC:1 enhancement
It could could change it to two effects, like this to only add to non touch attacks (and Q is valid now and quarter in "vanilla" fantasy grounds). You should have two lines since it can be applied to both shield and armor. Stacking issues should not be an issue for most of the cases I think.
Magic Vestment;AC:[QCL] armor
Magic Vestment;AC:[QCL] shield

Thamyor
April 28th, 2021, 22:46
Armor and shield AC effects won't stack with the armor and shield on the characer sheet, so there is a huge problem there.
If we could target only the Touch AC or the Flat-Footed AC with an effect it would be easier with something like this:
Legendary Proportions;STR:6 size;CON:4 size;AC:5;DR:10 adamantine;ATK:-1 size;TOUCHAC:-5 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2021, 23:10
I just read the stuff about the touch AC and the size bonus to natural armor: In that case you may simply want to use the Misc field in the character sheet :) just insert the +6 into the misc fields of Armor Class and FF AC, and remove it again once the buff expires :) Still a workaround, but better than adjusting the modifiers in case of touch attacks each time :)

Svandal
April 29th, 2021, 06:19
Armor and shield AC effects won't stack with the armor and shield on the characer sheet, so there is a huge problem there.
If we could target only the Touch AC or the Flat-Footed AC with an effect it would be easier with something like this:
Legendary Proportions;STR:6 size;CON:4 size;AC:5;DR:10 adamantine;ATK:-1 size;TOUCHAC:-5 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size

I actually did not know that. Did they change that at any time, because I am 90% sure that effects did not take into consideration the values but in the armor, shield, deflection, etc boxes before.
I am happy it is included.
Then it might be best to still have it as a size bonus to armor. Personally I would rather have the higher touch and CMD bug than stacking issues with natural armor.

Kelrugem
April 29th, 2021, 12:49
I actually did not know that. Did they change that at any time, because I am 90% sure that effects did not take into consideration the values but in the armor, shield, deflection, etc boxes before.
I am happy it is included.
Then it might be best to still have it as a size bonus to armor. Personally I would rather have the higher touch and CMD bug than stacking issues with natural armor.

FG normally only checks the stacking between effects; but AC is an exception, for AC FG also looks into you character sheet :) (this is also why AC has all those bonus fields, their automation is intertwined with effect stuff :) )

dllewell
April 29th, 2021, 21:31
Svandal, i have reviewed the spells you identified. As was already discussed by you, Thamyor, and Kelrugem we run into additional complexities regarding how AC bonuses stack.

I did some more testing and confirmed the following

'armor' and 'natural' bonuses affect Regular AC but not Touch AC or CMD
'size' bonuses affect Regular and Touch AC but not CMD
'enhancement', 'deflection', 'dodge' and untyped bonuses affect Regular AC, Touch AC and CMD

Additionally, 'natural' has it own set of issues in the fact that FG only recognizes 1 bonus type called 'natural' but Pathfinder has multiple ways to affect natural AC

base natural armor
enhancement to natural armor -- Amulet of Natural Armor, Barkskin
size modifier to natural armor -- Legendary Proportions
There may also be others that I am not aware of.

Based on that information I made the following changes
Enlarge Person and Righteous Might were changed as you identified. I also made the same type of changes to Reduce Person and Steal Size

Legendary Proportions
I added the size effects (ATK:-1 size;AC:-1 size;CMB:+2 size;CMD:+1 size) but left the AC as a 'size' modifier.
I went back and forth on changing the AC to a 'natural' modifier but ultimately decided to stay with the 'size' modifier. That does mean that the Touch AC is still wrong but it makes it easier for stacking with other 'natural' modifiers.

On a side note - Barkskin has this same issue. The spell identifies it as an 'enhancement bonus to the creature's existing natural armor bonus'. In the spell book I have the effect set to be a 'natural' modifier not an 'enhancement' modifier. This means that it correctly affects Regular AC but not Touch AC or CMD, but does not stack correctly if the creature already has a natural armor bonus.

Any other spells/effects that modify natural armor suffer from this same problem.

Magic Vestment runs into the same stacking issue as we have been discussing. If you set the bonus to AC:[QCL] armor then it will not stack correctly with existing armor (or other spells that have different types of armor bonuses). Same with Shield. By setting it to 'enhancement' it assures that the bonus stacks correctly but, on the bad side, incorrectly applies that bonus to the Touch AC and CMD. The opposite problem of what we have with the Barkskin spell. Based on the fact that their are many more types of 'armor' bonus I'm going to leave as an 'enhancement' bonus to avoid the 'armor' stacking issue.
Side Note - The latest version (6.1) already has the QCL effect applied to Magic Vestment.

Ultimately, unless subtypes are added for the 'armor', 'shield' and 'natural' bonus types then we are going to have these issues. And, in my opinion, the effort needed to add these changes is probably not worth it to fix the very few instances of problems it would fix.
By subtypes I mean -- 'armor enhancement', 'armor size', 'natural enhancement', 'natural size' - where the first part is the bonus type which determines the rules for what is affected and the second part is the subtype that is used for uniqueness when determining whether the bonus stacks.

These changes have been made in my local working copy and will be available with the next version release.

bmos
April 29th, 2021, 22:09
Ultimately, unless subtypes are added for the 'armor', 'shield' and 'natural' bonus types then we are going to have these issues. And, in my opinion, the effort needed to add these changes is probably not worth it to fix the very few instances of problems it would fix.
By subtypes I mean -- 'armor enhancement', 'armor size', 'natural enhancement', 'natural size' - where the first part is the bonus type which determines the rules for what is affected and the second part is the subtype that is used for uniqueness when determining whether the bonus stacks.Don't worry, I got your back (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68129-Extended-Natural-and-Armor-AC-Bonus-Types-Extension) :P

dllewell
April 30th, 2021, 15:03
Don't worry, I got your back (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68129-Extended-Natural-and-Armor-AC-Bonus-Types-Extension) :P

I love this extension, but you are making it very hard for me to stick with my 'no extensions needed' policy for the Spellbook :)

I'm starting to work on the version that requires Kel's extensions. I will absolutely add this extension to that version also.

Thanks bmos.

bmos
April 30th, 2021, 16:51
I love this extension, but you are making it very hard for me to stick with my 'no extensions needed' policy for the Spellbook :)

I'm starting to work on the version that requires Kel's extensions. I will absolutely add this extension to that version also.

Thanks bmos.hehe
yeah. it would be nice if that could make it into the ruleset (since it's such a minor change).

dllewell
April 30th, 2021, 20:01
hehe
yeah. it would be nice if that could make it into the ruleset (since it's such a minor change).

Absolutely agree. I thought it would be a difficult change so figured it wasn't worth the effort ... but you proved me wrong in that :) I would love to see this added to the ruleset. It would be very helpful.

dllewell
April 30th, 2021, 21:30
I have completed the first pass of adding Lighting and Vision effects to the Spellbook (See below for exactly which spells have modified). I haven't tested these as I am not on the test server. Plus I assume that their might be more changes before Lighting and Vision is finalized and released.

Applying Lighting Effects
So we have always had the issue of how do you apply an effect to a point on the map that doesn't have a token. Or to a movable object that doesn't have a token.
Up until know I have pretty much ignored this in regards to the Spellbook. But with the lighting effects we have many more spells that are either a movable item, such as Dancing Lights, or are a static item that can be cast at a point on the map, such as Daylight.
I'm looking for input on how you have handled this types of effects. Or how you think we should handle these effects moving forward.

Examples
Fog Cloud takes up a 20 ft radius area and 'The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet.' So effectively a 40ft area of darkness.
Previously I handled this by drawing a 40ft circle on the map and manually applying Concealment effects on any token (PC or NPC) that moved into that area.
But with the new lighting effects that's not good enough. We need to somehow apply the Darkness effect to that area.

Dancing Lights are a movable light source. Currently in the Spellbook their is no effect for that.
When I was DM'ing I would have the player indicate, with a 10ft circle pointer where the light was going and would either reveal the mask (if a mask was being used) or just tell the players what the dancing lights revealed.
With the new lighting effects that's not good enough. We need to somehow apply the Light effect to a movable object.

So how do we handle this?

My first thought it to create a dummy NPC that gets added to the map as a token and then cast the spell on that NPC. It works but it feels cumbersome. Plus you may need multiple dummy NPCs for multiple different effects.

What are you thoughts? Do you have a better way to handle this?

Spell Details
Below is the list of all spells that I have added Lighting and Vision effects to. Please let me know if their are any that I have missed.

Light Spells

Alluring Light
Blade of Light
Brightest Light
Burst with Light
Corpse Lanterns
Dancing Lights
Daylight
Light
Light Lance
Light of Iomedae
Revealing Light
Silverlight
Spotlight
Wall of Light

Darkness Spells
Note that the Darkness lighting effect blocks all vision, including darkvision. Some of the pathfinder darkness spells do not block darkvision. So for those spells the Darkness effect cannot be applied.
Based on this it seems like the best way to use those darkness spells is not for them to have an effect but rather to turn off other effects that come into the area of the spell.
But I'm open to suggestions if anyway has a better way to handle that.

Darkness Spells Without a Darkness Lighting Effect

Dancing Darkness
Darkness
Darkvault
Shield of Darkness

Darkness Spells With a Darkness Lighting Effect

Acid Fog
Ash Storm
Blacklight
Deeper Darkness
Fog Cloud
Haunting Mists
Hungry Darkness
Obscuring Mist
Pyrotechnics
Shroud of Darkness
Sleet Storm
Solid Fog
Storm of Vengeance
Twilight Haze
Virulent Miasma

Spells With Vision Effects
Darkvision

Angelic Aspect
Angelic Aspect, Greater
Blessing of the Mole
Darkvision
Darkvision, Communal
Darkvision, Greater
Divine Vessel
Elemental Body I, II, III, and IV
Eyes of the Void
Form of the Alien Dragon I, II, and III
Form of the Dragon I, II, and III
Form of the Exotic Dragon I, II, and III
Mantle of the Magic Warriors
Phantom Hunt
Shadow Projection
Undead Anatomy I, II, III, and IV

Blindsight

Decollate
Divine Vessel
Echolocation
Form of the Dragon III
Gift of the Deep
Ooze Form I, II, and III
Thoughtsense

True Sight

Glimpse of Truth
Prying Eyes, Greater
True Seeing

DCrumb
May 1st, 2021, 00:24
With Pathfinder, I'm also wondering on how the lighting and vision effects will work with how Pathfinder runs these spells. They did an entire blog (https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lhfm) on how these interact. Light and Darkness don't cancel each other out per se, but the effects of each are canceled within the radii of the spells (the blog does a much better job of explaining this).

Svandal
May 14th, 2021, 09:52
The vision and light update is here. It will be awsome!!

And to answer your question @dllewell , I do not see a better way to implement it either. I think we need to apply an effect to a "dummy token".

KevenSimmons
May 14th, 2021, 22:42
this may be a stupid question - but why is the version number in the definition.xml say 3.3 ? Is this supposed to correspond to the versions listed in Post #1 or is this version number serving a different purpose?

dllewell
May 15th, 2021, 00:19
this may be a stupid question - but why is the version number in the definition.xml say 3.3 ? Is this supposed to correspond to the versions listed in Post #1 or is this version number serving a different purpose?

The version number in the definition file is the 'version number of the FG client version that uses this data format'. When I first started this project we were at Fantasy Grounds Client Version of 3.3 and I have never bothered to change it. I'm honestly not sure what effect, if any, changing it to 4.1 would have. I would think probably nothing ... but as far as I can tell there is no benefit to changing it so it stays at 3.3 :)

It does not correspond to the version number of the module itself. There is no where in the definition file that shows the version number of the module itself.

dllewell
May 15th, 2021, 00:41
Version 7 has been uploaded.

To see the spell changes on the character sheet you must re-attach the spell to the character sheet. OR
If you use Upgrade NPC Actions v1.12 or higher (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upgrade-NPC-Actions/releases/tag/v1.15) you can now right-click the spell and click re-parse to re-import it with any new changes from the this Spellbook module

This version consists of 2 sets of changes.

Added Size Adjustment Effects
Made adjustments to apply correct CMB and CMD modifiers. Thank you Svandal

The spells affected by this are

Enlarge Person
Enlarge Person, Mass
Steal Size
Reduce Animal
Reduce Person
Reduce Person, Mass
Righteous Might
Legendary Proportions

Added Lighting and Vision Effects
NOTE: These will only work in Unity Version 4.1 (or higher)

Below is the list of all spells that I have added Lighting and Vision effects to. Please let me know if their are any that I have missed.

Light Spells

Alluring Light
Blade of Light
Brightest Light
Burst with Light
Continual Flame
Corpse Lanterns
Dancing Lights
Daylight
Light
Light Lance
Light of Iomedae
Revealing Light
Silverlight
Spotlight
Wall of Light

Darkness Spells
Note that the Darkness lighting effect blocks all vision, including darkvision. Some of the pathfinder darkness spells do not block darkvision. So for those spells the Darkness effect cannot be applied.
Based on this it seems like the best way to use those darkness spells is not for them to have an effect but rather to turn off other effects that come into the area of the spell.
But I'm open to suggestions if anyway has a better way to handle that.

Darkness Spells Without a Darkness Lighting Effect

Dancing Darkness
Darkness
Darkvault
Shield of Darkness

Darkness Spells With a Darkness Lighting Effect

Acid Fog
Ash Storm
Blacklight
Deeper Darkness
Fog Cloud
Haunting Mists
Hungry Darkness
Obscuring Mist
Pyrotechnics
Shroud of Darkness
Sleet Storm
Solid Fog
Storm of Vengeance
Twilight Haze
Virulent Miasma

Spells With Vision Effects

Darkvision
Angelic Aspect
Angelic Aspect, Greater
Blessing of the Mole
Darkvision
Darkvision, Communal
Darkvision, Greater
Divine Vessel
Elemental Body I, II, III, and IV
Eyes of the Void
Form of the Alien Dragon I, II, and III
Form of the Dragon I, II, and III
Form of the Exotic Dragon I, II, and III
Mantle of the Magic Warriors
Phantom Hunt
Shadow Projection
Undead Anatomy I, II, III, and IV

Blindsight

Decollate
Divine Vessel
Echolocation
Form of the Dragon III
Gift of the Deep
Ooze Form I, II, and III
Thoughtsense

True Sight

Glimpse of Truth
Prying Eyes, Greater
True Seeing

Khoredran
May 16th, 2021, 16:00
For the Light spells, I can see that you coded it like so: Light; LIGHT: 20 torch
But, from the Presets effects, the Spell - Light has this code instead: LIGHT: 20 light
Same thing for the Daylight spell: LIGHT: 60 daylight instead of Daylight; LIGHT: 60 lantern

Would it be possible to change them in the spellbook?

I ask because in Options, there is a new "Token Lights" menu that lets us change the settings of the presets!
That way, we can modify the look and feel of the light and daylight spell without changing the presets for the torch and the lantern!

Thank you very much ^^

Zygmunt Molotch
May 17th, 2021, 05:24
this is probably the way to do it, and then it shouldn't be a hassle when they implement the rest of the lighting effects (low-light vision etc)

dllewell
May 17th, 2021, 05:43
For the Light spells, I can see that you coded it like so: Light; LIGHT: 20 torch
But, from the Presets effects, the Spell - Light has this code instead: LIGHT: 20 light
Same thing for the Daylight spell: LIGHT: 60 daylight instead of Daylight; LIGHT: 60 lantern

Would it be possible to change them in the spellbook?

I ask because in Options, there is a new "Token Lights" menu that lets us change the settings of the presets!
That way, we can modify the look and feel of the light and daylight spell without changing the presets for the torch and the lantern!

Thank you very much ^^

I have made both of those changes to my local copy. I have a number of pending changes. I'm planning on releasing another version in a day or two.

Khoredran
May 17th, 2021, 14:07
Will these changes include Kelrugem's full overlay extension's new features with the usage of the d divider and the value limit? Ex:
Barkskin; AC: 1 [d3CL4], naturalenhancement

Also, have all the magical lights been changed to light instead of torch as well?

If so, that's awesome!

dllewell
May 17th, 2021, 15:38
Also, have all the magical lights been changed to light instead of torch as well?

Some, not all.
All the ones that were 'torch' are now 'light', except for Continual Flame which specifically states that is looks like a torch.
All the ones that were 'lantern' are now 'daylight'

There are others that have specific settings (E.G. Corpse Light) those retained their specific settings.

These are the spells that were changed.
Changed to LIGHT:20 light

Dancing Lights
Light
Revealing Light

Changed to LIGHT:60 daylight

Blade of Light
Brightest Light
Burst with Light -- LIGHT:30 daylight
Daylight

dllewell
May 17th, 2021, 15:46
Will these changes include Kelrugem's full overlay extension's new features with the usage of the d divider and the value limit? Ex:
Barkskin; AC: 1 [d3CL4], naturalenhancement

No, these changes will not include Kelrugem's full overlay extension, or any other extension.
The base version of this module will never include any extensions that would be required in order for the module to work. Not everyone uses extensions and I don't want to block people who don't use extensions from using this module.

I am, however, working on a parallel version of this module, called 'PFRPG - Spellbook Extended', that will include Kelrugem's 'Full Overlay' extension and BMOS' Extended Natural and Armor AC Bonus Types' extension.

I will be releasing that module sometime in the middle of this week.

At that point I will maintain both modules simultaneously so that those who use the extensions can benefit from the added features these extensions provide but those who don't want to use the extensions can continue to use the original version that doesn't require the extensions.

Khoredran
May 17th, 2021, 16:05
I am, however, working on a parallel version of this module, called 'PFRPG - Spellbook Extended', that will include Kelrugem's 'Full Overlay' extension and BMOS' Extended Natural and Armor AC Bonus Types' extension.

Oh... I want to use that with all my heart <3

With that in mind, would you consider also the integration of the AURA extension?
That way, things like Magic Circle against (insert alignment) would be automatic, Ex:

Magic Circle Against Evil; AURA: 10 all; IFT:ALIGN(evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance
REMOVE: Magic Circle Against Evil; AURA: 10 all; IFT:ALIGN(evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance

(it can be dispelled and there would be only these two effects, unless there is the "roll" for shaking out of domination/charms/possession effects missing)

We could then integrate the IFTAG: charm, compulsion; SAVE: 2 morale

dllewell
May 19th, 2021, 01:59
Version 7.1 has been uploaded.

It contains changes to LIGHT settings to sync them with the built in light settings -- thank you Khoredan
Changed to LIGHT:20 light

Dancing Lights
Light
Revealing Light

Changed to LIGHT:60 daylight

Blade of Light
Brightest Light
Burst with Light -- LIGHT:30 daylight
Daylight

It also contains changes to a number of other spells that I identified discrepancies with.

Fix Confusion Text -- No effect changes just description text change

Cloak of Chaos
Fools' Forbiddance
Insanity
Maddening Oubliette
Prismatic Sphere
Prismatic Spray
Prismatic Wall
Sabotage Construct
Scintillating Pattern
Spellscourge
Symbol of Insanity
Temporal Divergence
Word of Chaos

Add Invisible Effect

Fool's Teleport
Invisibility Bubble
Invisibility Bubble, Giant
Invisibility Bubble, Mass
Invisibility, Mass

Other Changes

Black Spot - Add targeting effects (IFT)
Bone Fists - Add 'natural' type to AC bonus
Dispel Chaos - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Dispel Evil - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Dispel Good - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Dispel Law - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Faerie Fire - Add lighting effects
Glimpse the Hidden - Add spell link
Guardian of Faith - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Id Insinuation II - Add remove effect
Invoke Primal Power - Add 'natural' type to AC bonus
Planar Aegis - Fix typo in description
Poison Breath - Add spell link
Protection From Chaos, Communal - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Protection From Good, Communal - Add 'deflection' type to AC bonus
Scorching Ash Form - Add spell link
Silk to Steel - Add 'shield' type to AC bonus
Veil of Heaven - Add 'sacred' type to AC and Save
Ward Shield - Fix Cleric Spell Level
Wind Walk - Add spell link
Wooden Wing shield - Add 'shield' type to AC bonus
Zone of Foul Flames - Add duration effect

dllewell
September 19th, 2021, 19:05
Version 8.0 has been uploaded

This version sees the syncing of both modules (PFRPG - Spellbook and PFRPG - Spellbook Extended) to this thread. Moving forward changes to both versions will be made in this thread.

Changes to Both Versions

Beacon of Luck - Changed wording of effect.
Burning Hands - Changed damage to half if save is made
Clenched Fist - Changed Attack and CMB effects to use the correct formula (previously hard coded)
Defending Bone - Duration added.
Jatembe's Ire - Changed description text to link to other referenced spells instead of including full wording of the other referenced spells.
Miasmatic Aura - Changed description text to link to other referenced spells instead of including full wording of the other referenced spells.
Telekinetic Charge - Changed Level text for Cleric from 9 to 4.

Changes to PFRPG - Spellbook Extended

Aura of Distraction - Changed to use COC:-5 effect
Remove Fear - Changed to use IFTAG effect

Thank you to Svandal for identify several of these changes.

bmos
September 21st, 2021, 12:42
I figured out what the xml replaces tag does. Still useful for you but not what I had originally hoped:
<replaces>Multiple tags allowed. Specifies any module names which this module overrides. Any links to the old module name will be redirected to this module, as long as the old module is not open.

Svandal
November 21st, 2021, 20:21
A suggestion for enlarge person and reduce person. Add the +- to stealth checks in the spell.
This is from your spell book:
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size;CMB:2 size;CMD:1 size
It can be modified to this:
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size;CMB:2 size;CMD:1 size; SKILL: -4 stealth

Reduce person is similar, but opposite, so:
SKILL: +4 stealth

Link to stealth checks where it says size:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/stealth/

darrenan
November 22nd, 2021, 15:57
A suggestion for enlarge person and reduce person. Add the +- to stealth checks in the spell.
This is from your spell book:
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size;CMB:2 size;CMD:1 size
It can be modified to this:
Enlarge Person;STR:2 size;DEX:-2 size;AC:-1 size;ATK:-1 size;CMB:2 size;CMD:1 size; SKILL: -4 stealth

Reduce person is similar, but opposite, so:
SKILL: +4 stealth

Link to stealth checks where it says size:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/stealth/

If you make that change you should add the fly skill modification as well, which should be -2 (+2 for reduce). And they should also have the size type, so: SKILL: -4 size,stealth; SKILL: -2 size,fly