PDA

View Full Version : Compiled for Fantasy Grounds?

Aescleal
April 19th, 2007, 16:02
Ok, quick question regarding paid for adventures. So far I've just played with a few friends, and always as a custom adventure of my own, with plenty of on-the-fly material. Drawing maps as we go and so on.
Now that FGII is about to launch, how will games I want to buy be handled?
I'm interested in buying Orcfest or possibly another game from Digital Adventures. Does DA have to recompile their adventures to play in FGII? Or will they still inherently run just as they do in FGI?

Traygin
April 19th, 2007, 16:43
I would think that they should run just fine in FG 2. For the most part they are just files an not executable code.

Thore_Ironrock
April 19th, 2007, 18:19
Ok, quick question regarding paid for adventures. So far I've just played with a few friends, and always as a custom adventure of my own, with plenty of on-the-fly material. Drawing maps as we go and so on.
Now that FGII is about to launch, how will games I want to buy be handled?
I'm interested in buying Orcfest or possibly another game from Digital Adventures. Does DA have to recompile their adventures to play in FGII? Or will they still inherently run just as they do in FGI?

Hi Aescleal,

The adventures from FGv1 to FGv2 should work fine, as they are not compiled in a true sense of the word. There may be some linking issues with the monsters (to be determined), and Digital Adventures is going to fix those up for future purchases once FGv2 is out. I'll be updating the community next week about our updates/upgrades from FGv1 to FGv2, but if you buy Orcfest now you should be fine.

Thanks!

Aescleal
April 19th, 2007, 20:16
Fantastic!
That's great news.
Thanks for the prompt info!
Aescleal