PDA

View Full Version : Extension logo not loading

DragonsDen13
June 10th, 2020, 17:24
I am trying to follow Damned's Basic Extension Coding Tutorial and I think I have it built like his but when I load the extension I keep getting a message: Ruleset Warning: Chat: Could not find icon (icon name).

Is there a size limit for this allowed icon? Or is there something else I am missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I feel if I can't even get this basic part right then it will be tough to go on to the next steps.

Here is a copy of the text as I have it in the extension.xml file:

<announcement text="We add the Lock Picking Skill to the Skills Tab on the character sheet; v1.0."
icon="DragonsDen13" font="chatfont"/>
<base>

<Icon name="DragonsDen13" file="Graphics/Logos/DragonsDen13_small.png" />

</base>

LordEntrails
June 10th, 2020, 17:54
I believe the icon is supposed to be 75 x 75 pixels. Not sure where the spec on is on it though. How big is your image? And is it in the same file type as what Damned's example is?

DragonsDen13
June 10th, 2020, 18:04
His icon (looking in Big Fonts Ext) is 36x36; mine is 63x68 and as far as I know it is the same file type: png (mine is made with the Windows Paint program). The file is inside a folder I created for this extension, inside my Extensions folder. Full is: "c:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\extensions\Lock Picking\Graphics\Logos"

Only thing I can guess at is that it is not looking for it where I think it should be.

Thanks.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2020, 18:13
Use a lower case i in the icon definition.

Info on the definition here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/4096923/icon

DragonsDen13
June 10th, 2020, 19:31
Wow. Looked at that for I don't know how many times and never saw the difference. Thanks a lot for catching it.