PDA

View Full Version : math code question

Knight General
June 10th, 2020, 07:07
alright i am playing savage rifts with this VTT and one of the powers lets me double or triple my movement. the problem however is that even activating the power it does not apply the math. my question at this point is can i, with a modifier or effect, add a multiplication formula to the game for this power?

if i can how would i go about doing that?

Lonewolf
June 11th, 2020, 20:31
alright i am playing savage rifts with this VTT and one of the powers lets me double or triple my movement. the problem however is that even activating the power it does not apply the math. my question at this point is can i, with a modifier or effect, add a multiplication formula to the game for this power?

if i can how would i go about doing that?

It is faster for the GM to calculate manaually as would have to in a real game. The VTT will not enforce rules for you. Just move and confirm as required. However if you have to get the VTT to remind you. Then something like this effect will do some of the work

Enhanced Running [Pace = 10|Run +2d]

The first gives a pace bonus in chat messages. The second part would increase the run die by two steps. So movement at run is now 10 + 1d10. This drops to chat as Total Movement:[Pace:10, Affected by Enchanced Running =10] followed by the correct run die amount. Change Pace value or run die bonus to taste.

If pace is changing through multiples you can't multiply but can add to it. A base value of 6 with an effect of [Pace +6] is the same as *2 . So even this is possible.

Ikael
June 11th, 2020, 20:58
There Double and Halve effect keyword support. You could do [Double Movement] and [Halve Movement] but these only apply when you make running roll.