PDA

View Full Version : FG for Dummies.

Vertrand
April 18th, 2007, 20:28
Hi, guys.

I'm brand new to the boards, and I wish I could say I was new to Fantasy Ground, because I wouldn't be half as embarrassed. I've looked this board over for a sticky about Beginners FAQ's or the like, but I saw nothing, and I'm operating under some time constraints, so unfortunately, I won't be able to go through the boards with a fine-tooth comb, yet. So, bottom line, bear with me if I ask a question that's beating the proverbial horse-corpse.

I picked up the FG full license a few weeks ago, and in the time I've played around with it I've gotten right next to nowhere. If anyone could maybe direct me somewhere that may have an in-depth manual or readme as to how I can get more familiar with this program, I'd appreciate it.

Again, I'm sorry for any redundancy, and appreciate the time of anyone who reads this or helps me out. :)

Valarian
April 18th, 2007, 20:48
There's a manual in the downloads section of the website.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsManual.pdf

richvalle
April 18th, 2007, 20:54
Or just post your most pressing questions and we'll get some quick answers for you.

rv

Cantstanzya
April 18th, 2007, 23:29
I think at one point someone did a screen cam type presentation. You might want to search the forums for that, everyone was giving high praise about it.

Griogre
April 18th, 2007, 23:40
I think there is a video on using map pins at Four Ugly Monsters. I also found the Sticky up above on shortcuts to be real useful. You can learn alot about software by just looking at all the shortcuts.