PDA

View Full Version : Complete Wizard's Handbook Feedback

Sterno
June 10th, 2020, 03:36
Apologies if a thread already existed... I did a few searches but didn't see one and got sick of the 60 second timeout between searches, so here we go:

The first level Arcane spell "Chromatic Orb" has a lot of problems. It would probably be safest to just study it yourself and fix what you see but here are a few problems with it:

- It has an initiative of 99 on the cast, but should have an initiative of 1.
- The Turquoise and Green orbs are missing their damage values.
- The red orb should give STR:-1;DEX-1 unless it's hitting someone that doesn't have those, and then it should give ATK:-1;AC:-1. However, those are all coded into the same effect, which I imagine PCs are getting double-dipped.
- "Magnetism" on Turquoise is typoed
- The half-duration when you save against the Blue orb should be half of 2d8+4, but is shown as 1d4+2. I imagine that should be either 1d8+2 or 2d4+2.
- The table in the text "main" tab says Violet is the 8th level effect and Black is the 9th level effect. That should actually be at levels 10 and 12, not 8 and 9.
- The Blindness effect from the Yellow orb should last 1 round/level, but is coded as 1 round.

Bonkon
June 10th, 2020, 05:24
Good Day Sterno :)
While I have nothing to do with fixing the books, I can suggest you do searches using the Site Search at the top of the page to bypass the delay. Plus I hear it does a much better job with search results. :)

celestian
June 10th, 2020, 15:48
Apologies if a thread already existed... I did a few searches but didn't see one and got sick of the 60 second timeout between searches, so here we go:

The first level Arcane spell "Chromatic Orb" has a lot of problems. It would probably be safest to just study it yourself and fix what you see but here are a few problems with it:

- It has an initiative of 99 on the cast, but should have an initiative of 1.
- The Turquoise and Green orbs are missing their damage values.
- The red orb should give STR:-1;DEX-1 unless it's hitting someone that doesn't have those, and then it should give ATK:-1;AC:-1. However, those are all coded into the same effect, which I imagine PCs are getting double-dipped.
- "Magnetism" on Turquoise is typoed
- The half-duration when you save against the Blue orb should be half of 2d8+4, but is shown as 1d4+2. I imagine that should be either 1d8+2 or 2d4+2.
- The table in the text "main" tab says Violet is the 8th level effect and Black is the 9th level effect. That should actually be at levels 10 and 12, not 8 and 9.
- The Blindness effect from the Yellow orb should last 1 round/level, but is coded as 1 round.

As with the other one these things were corrected but wont show up till next week.

The level difference is strange... The Core Rules CD html I have has it at 8/9, very odd. The PDF I have does show 10/12.

Re: the red orb, you'll need to adjust it depending on what the spell is targeting. I added both because there is no automation for such a thing. STR: -1 is far more potent than -1 to hit in some cases. Particularly when it reduces someone from 18/X to 17.