PDA

View Full Version : Blackfoot's Intent Window

Willot
June 9th, 2020, 23:35
Dakadin, thought you may find this interesting (If you havnt already seen it)

Might be useful for Action Phases, Snap, Deliberate and Normal.

Pops up at start of new round

Blackfoot's Intent Window Idea (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56518-Runequest-Classic-(RQ-II)-CoreRPG/page5)

Dakadin
June 10th, 2020, 00:09
Hi Willot,

Thanks. Yeah something like that would be very useful once I get the phased combat back in place.

Thanks,
Dakadin

JohnD
June 10th, 2020, 03:43
Yeah that would be a nice addition.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2020, 07:32
It has proven to be something of a pain in the tail but will be pretty cool once I get it all working. I'm not sure exactly how well it will translate into Rolemaster, but you are welcome to putter with what I have.. I don't quite remember how initiative works in RM. Something to do with Quickness?

Dakadin
June 10th, 2020, 18:36
Yes, it's a random roll and the quickness bonus is added as a modifier.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2020, 23:44
So.. not really based on Intent like it is in RQ. I'm not sure how the intent window would help for RM.

Dakadin
June 10th, 2020, 23:49
Some of the initiative systems in RM have you declare your actions at the beginning of the round and then when it is your turn you execute them. It looks like the Intent window for RQ does something similar to that.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2020, 23:54
The intent window I'm building actually determines initiative order based on what actions you select... so it's kinda the other way around.. but if any part of it would work for what you're doing .. you are welcome to use it... let me know and I'll send you the code.

Dakadin
June 11th, 2020, 00:49
Thanks Blackfoot. I appreciate it.

Ardem
June 12th, 2020, 04:33
Very interesting.