PDA

View Full Version : FGC Standard Stand alone from Steam to Ultimate Subscription

JonStormbringer
June 9th, 2020, 22:56
Some time ago, I got FGC Standard edition standalone off of steam. What is the upgrade path for me to go to FGC Ultimate, subscription based?

Everything I've read indicates the DM really needs to have ultimate. I didn't, initially, get ultimate because I was not sure I'd like the platform and standard was on sale on steam. I vacillated between this and Roll20 before committing to FGC. I've been working on setting up my campaign for about 3 weeks and really like the platform. Once you understand FG, it's really not that difficult and is very powerful. So I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to post an advertisement for my campaign. Is it really critical for me to have Ultimate? Are most of the players just running the demo and that's why you need ultimate as the DM? I've been playing D&D for just north of 40 years, primarily as a DM. This is my first attempt at a virtual campaign and I want to do it as right as I can. If I need Ultimate, then I'll upgrade.

Thanks

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2020, 23:16
There is no discount going to or from a subscription. Just start the FGC Ultimate subscription. Your one-time license for FGC standard will still be valid.

You as GM only need the ultimate if you want to allow your players to play/join for free. Some GMs feel that requiring players to have a license is a way to help insure they buy in and commit to the game. I can assure you that if you are playing any of the main systems, you will not have trouble finding players without you having an ultimate license. Their are always way more players than GMs.