PDA

View Full Version : Custom Themes????

heathanking
June 9th, 2020, 00:46
I was wondering if there was anyways to create or modify the themes??? If anyone could help that would be awesomesauce.

damned
June 9th, 2020, 01:39
If the theme is not encrypted eg 5E Wizards theme - then yes - crack it open and have a look at the xml and images inside.

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2020, 02:55
Yes, there are many community themes available on the forums. Use the Site Search link above to find some. Also, you can use this tool to make your own or you can code your own. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2020, 08:18
This utility should help https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47787-Utility-Background-Theme-Maker-for-FG-(All-Rulesets)

SirMotte
June 9th, 2020, 13:02
If you're into dark themes, click the link in my signature. Feel free to modify as much as you want, as long as you give credit to the authors involved and don't monetize it :).
In regard of how to customize it, there is really no way around using whatever software you fancy for making the necessary graphics. You'll need to look into xml files and lua scripts too for things like fonts and colors.

Easiest thing to do would be to use one of the main themes and start modifying them to your liking. This way you don't have to do excessive xml editing, as all graphics are already linked.

Cheers

heathanking
June 9th, 2020, 18:12
Not looking to change the fonts or anything, just like buttons and chat window. I'm working with the GMWinter program, but the backgrounds aren't coming out properly...either tiled or just distorted horribly. I've tried several different resolutions and sizes

SirMotte
June 9th, 2020, 20:55
The background unfortunately is always tiled. I did not yet look into if it was possible to change this behaviour, but right now that's what it is. You might want to look at the decals though, with them you may be able to achieve somewhat what you're trying to do I guess.

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2020, 21:34
FG does the background in what is called 9 Slices. With the middle slice tiled to fill, so it needs to be a repeatable texture. There is more info around here somewhere, probably that link Mr. Z gave a couple posts before this one :)