PDA

View Full Version : [LFMP] [LFDM] [D&D 5e] [FREE] X2 Players seeking DM & Homebrew Nights EST!!

TheRavenOfDeath
June 8th, 2020, 19:05
Hey folks! We're looking for a group of awesome individuals to game with us. Here's a list of what We're looking for in a group. If you're looking for something similar then please apply :)

We are new to Fantasy Grounds.

This game will be NIGHTS EST (GMT -4 once summer ends GMT-5). We will select a day once more players show interest. So far day is Open!

Aspects I want in a game:

- Heavy RP (yes, voices encouraged but not necessary. Don't be afraid to make your character more real)
- Not too much combat as it can get dull, a good story is more what we're looking for (about 1/3 - 1/2 time spent in combat)
- A good balance of jovial moments mixed with the serious ones
- Not so focused on rules that the fun is broken (imaginative DM needed)
- Weekly games (the time is flexible at first but would prefer to meet once weekly once decided upon)
- Reliable & responsible players (show up when you say you will show up. We're looking for players who should be able to join most sessions)
- Risk of death, but not too difficult it's ridiculous (healthy challenges and many unknowns, DM)
- Voice Mandatory, and video optional (We find gaming is better when we can hear everyone's voices and see expressions and reactions to things)
- Adults
- Respect from player to player - Not multiple conversations going on at the same time. No sexual harassment out of the game. No racism, bigotry, etc. In-game, we will accept up to a Scanlan level of douchebaggery if it suits your character, but nothing more.

Finally, we are NOT looking to pay to play at this time.

FINALIZED PLAYER COUNT THUS FAR: 2

TheRavenOfDeath
June 10th, 2020, 03:16
bump

TheRavenOfDeath
June 11th, 2020, 23:32
bump

TheRavenOfDeath
June 12th, 2020, 04:01
bump

Kopia
June 13th, 2020, 11:35
Yes I would like to see about joining your game, let you know I'm still new to Fantasy Grounds Unity

thank you
David

JFuentes
June 13th, 2020, 17:17
Hello there, I am interested in joining your game if you are still looking for players and am also in EST.
Thank you for considering.

Edit: I also maintain a Fantasy Grounds Standard account.

JBagky
June 13th, 2020, 21:41
Depending on the day I would be interested.

TheRavenOfDeath
June 14th, 2020, 02:51
As DM or?

TheRavenOfDeath
June 14th, 2020, 02:52
DM or player?

TheRavenOfDeath
June 14th, 2020, 02:52
Hello there, I am interested in joining your game if you are still looking for players and am also in EST.
Thank you for considering.

Edit: I also maintain a Fantasy Grounds Standard account.

Will let you know

UnequalLabor
June 15th, 2020, 00:59
I'm a super old school tabletop DM (I worked with TSR in the 90s doing demos and the like) but I'm nostalgic for the games in the 70s and 80s that I may have never actually played (I did play and run with DMs of that era. Name drops will not occur.). I have a lot of experience as a DM, playtester, beta tester, GM, and player from blue and red books through 3.5 ed. I'm looking to run a 5e game (with 4e inclusions) and I have a homebrew in a fairly liberal setting based slightly on a personally concocted mashup of Greyhawk, Faerūn, Eberron, and actual history. Moderately heavy lean to a fantasy version of actual history. Tactics and RP heavy.

What sort of game are you looking for? My current plan is to start a bunch (maybe parties of 3-6) of 2-3rd level characters in a Gygax-Esque/"Westmarch" style setting (meaning the total number of players could easily be 20+, theoretically, starting in a "central" hamlet).

Here's my one-sheet
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...FdJL5PzmfOw6_b

I have FGU, but have never run a game through it and haven't programmed in my /significant/ level of content to the program itself. It'll be Voice-chat based until I bother to do the long slog of actually putting it in.

Should be fine though, all the bother will be on my end.

daveind
June 15th, 2020, 21:25
Hello, I would like to join you if you are still looking for a player. I would also be willing to occasionally DM but I am itching to play more at this point. I've been playing since 3.5e. I am moderately fluent with fantasy grounds. I have not experience Unity yet but I will but I plan to soon. I am easy going and not a rules shark. I like playing quirky players rather than maxed out murder hobos. Love to roleplay but not so good with voices. Working on it. I have a couple of character classes I would love to try out but would be willing to pick whatever the group might need. Looking forward to hearing from you.

UnequalLabor
June 16th, 2020, 00:28
Sounds like you're the sort of player I'm looking for. Voices are cool window dressing, but not necessary for RP.

I made a full-fledged post to allow players to come to the game with enough information.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59097-LFP-Traditionally-experienced-DM-Westmarch-style-campaign-new-to-FGU&p=518988&highlight=#post518988