PDA

View Full Version : Starter Token Packs from... ...me!

Tailz Silver Paws
April 18th, 2007, 04:44
I have started to upload some images of the tokens I have been working on for my first token pack product. I'm planning to build a Basic Token Set, or a "Starter" set of tokens for each of the following periods: Fantasy, Modern, Future, and the Second World War. The first one to get released will more than likely be the Modern token pack. All of the tokens will be to the 3:1 scale and each token pack will include the "Scale Me" token to help with using the tokens on different scale maps. Each token pack will be based on a small group of characters who are rendered as tokens in a number of different poses such as, running, prone, wounded, standing still, kneeling, hand-to-hand combat, using a weapon (eg: sword or gun), etc. At the moment the preview images are avalible for viewing via my web sites Gallery. But here are two preview images from the Modern Set (The Police Officer and the City Chick).
https://www.wyldfurr.com/e107_plugins/sgallery/pics/2ky7uawvqzms/preview-m-po1.jpghttps://www.wyldfurr.com/e107_plugins/sgallery/pics/2ky7uawvqzms/preview-m-cc1.jpg
Who knows, maybe by the time that counter on the Fantasy Grounds home page hits zero I might have my first token pack ready, or maybe I'll be slack and not get it finished.

heruca
April 18th, 2007, 17:45
Nice sets. The policeman is going to be particularly useful.

Illrigger
April 18th, 2007, 18:01
Yay! I'm planning on doing a modern game after the release of FG2, and the lack of good tokens was worrying me. Consider me a customer, tailz :)

Oberoten
April 18th, 2007, 21:27
Yuppz... Shall have to spend for those as well once FG2 (and/or paycheck) arrives.

Tailz Silver Paws
April 19th, 2007, 00:43
Anything special you guys want in the token packs?

Let me know while I am still making them...

Oberoten
April 19th, 2007, 02:19
*grins* An enormously fat corrupt cop. :)

First of all to put the char into his proper place, the players are vigilantes trying to clean up a city.

My players have had several runins with the NPC in question. at first he was supposed to be a rather stereotypical cop-parody/satire thing... But despite crappy weaponskills he managed not only to fight them to a standstill, but after shooting one of them in the belly Frankie (aka Fat Frankie Marcelliano ... yes lets pander to ALL cop-show Stereotypes here) goes "You know... I am sittin' out here with a mp5 and a full mag, your buddy took a round to the gut. Gotta be darn painful that... not to mention that he'll bleed out shortly. Tell ya what fellers, I walk out now, slowly and carefully and nobody shoots at me... And then I call your buddy an ambulance. He lives, I live. Good deal, righto?

And that could have been the end of it... Except when he turns up next time... well the dice hands the SAME player another bullet to the gut from Fat Frankie.

"You know... I am sittin' up here coverin' the area with my NICE little riffle and scope. I'll cut ya a deal, I take the money and walk and when I get to my car I'll call an ambulance for your buddy..."

... third encounter he just stranded them on an insland where they had QUITE some problems getting back, and then he took ALL the glory for their hard work breaking up a MAJOR slavering. So ... Frankie becomes a hero-cop. A hero-cop that they find out when they return to town, is running for major.

Tailz Silver Paws
April 19th, 2007, 07:27
*grins* An enormously fat corrupt cop. :)

First of all to put the char into his proper place, the players are vigilantes trying to clean up a city.

My players have had several runins with the NPC in question. at first he was supposed to be a rather stereotypical cop-parody/satire thing... But despite crappy weaponskills he managed not only to fight them to a standstill, but after shooting one of them in the belly Frankie (aka Fat Frankie Marcelliano ... yes lets pander to ALL cop-show Stereotypes here) goes "You know... I am sittin' out here with a mp5 and a full mag, your buddy took a round to the gut. Gotta be darn painful that... not to mention that he'll bleed out shortly. Tell ya what fellers, I walk out now, slowly and carefully and nobody shoots at me... And then I call your buddy an ambulance. He lives, I live. Good deal, righto?

And that could have been the end of it... Except when he turns up next time... well the dice hands the SAME player another bullet to the gut from Fat Frankie.

"You know... I am sittin' up here coverin' the area with my NICE little riffle and scope. I'll cut ya a deal, I take the money and walk and when I get to my car I'll call an ambulance for your buddy..."

... third encounter he just stranded them on an insland where they had QUITE some problems getting back, and then he took ALL the glory for their hard work breaking up a MAJOR slavering. So ... Frankie becomes a hero-cop. A hero-cop that they find out when they return to town, is running for major.
Hahahahaaaa, I love it, thats so funny.

But I have to ask... why are all corupt cops.... fat?

Oberoten
April 19th, 2007, 08:13
I suppose they can afford more doughnuts? :)

Cor by now they have re-nicked him... No longer Fat Frankie... But Frank the Tank. Which sounds more flattering until they explain they mean a Septic tank not one with threads.

mr_h
April 19th, 2007, 13:49
Normal people. Pedestrians, city workers, etc.
Thugs (like the type of typical lackies a bad guy in james bond would have)
Office workers.

Okay, those might be multiple packs...but I'm running a modern campaign and trying to think of all the stuff I would like to use:)

heruca
April 19th, 2007, 15:56
What Mr_h said.

And maybe some SWAT-team members (i.e., in black assault gear, carrying MP5s, some with riot shields).

Illrigger
April 19th, 2007, 19:36
Your first pack should probably cover things that players might want for their PCs, but my wish list is:

*Soldiers and SWAT would be nice to cover heavy police, national guard, army and even terrorists.
*It might be nice to have some dedicated terrorists (maybe the stereotypical walking bomb with deadman switch).
*Some black sutis would be good, for your government agent and covert ops types.
*And maybe some casual folk to cover your police lieutenants, detectives and P.I. characters.

Tailz Silver Paws
April 20th, 2007, 00:50
Your first pack should probably cover things that players might want for their PCs, but my wish list is:

*Soldiers and SWAT would be nice to cover heavy police, national guard, army and even terrorists.
*It might be nice to have some dedicated terrorists (maybe the stereotypical walking bomb with deadman switch).
*Some black sutis would be good, for your government agent and covert ops types.
*And maybe some casual folk to cover your police lieutenants, detectives and P.I. characters.

Thats the way I am heading, trying to make tokens that the PC's will want as their tokens and an extra two or three the GM will get use out of like the Police Officer. But I am also thinking duel use, eg: the City Chick can be used as a PC token as well as a background NPC.

I think extra sets in the future to cover themes will be the way I'll handle spacific stuff. Like I could do a Military & Police set thats full of soldiers with different weapons, riot police, etc. Then I could do a villians set with gang-bangers, street thugs, etc.

At the moment I'm thinking - basics first.