PDA

View Full Version : Pace and Fleet-Footed errors in SWADE

Galdor
June 8th, 2020, 15:09
I can't modify anything in the Pace window: the Pace value, or the Run-die, neither add/write modifiers when editing the list of them.
Additionally, when I add the "Fleet-Footed" Edge to a Player Character, it raise up the run die, but it does not add the +2 to Pace. Since I can't modify anything, when I remove the "Fleet-Footed" Edge the run-die lasts wrongly rose up (and does not decrease)..

Galdor
June 8th, 2020, 21:57
Run-die modification issue fixed by myself: I put one of the dice at the bottom as run-die ;)

lozanoje
June 9th, 2020, 17:55
Looks like it works the way it should; added Fleet-footed just at the last run attempt. I am in the Test channel.

https://i.ibb.co/HCG9LX9/screenshot-13.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Galdor
June 9th, 2020, 23:12
The issue is different: if I add Fleet-footed, the run-die rises (it becomes d8); if I wish to remove Fleet-footed (added for a mistake) the run-die is still d8; how can you restore it to d6? I found this way: I put the d6 at disposal between the dice on the left bottom of the screen on the wrong d8 run-die and it changes/turns-back in the original d6..

However the point is that Pace value (not run-die) looks unchangeable by manual/free means; it looks changeable only through Edges or other automation..

lozanoje
June 10th, 2020, 00:56
The issue is different: if I add Fleet-footed, the run-die rises (it becomes d8); if I wish to remove Fleet-footed (added for a mistake) the run-die is still d8; how can you restore it to d6? I found this way: I put the d6 at disposal between the dice on the left bottom of the screen on the wrong d8 run-die and it changes/turns-back in the original d6..

However the point is that Pace value (not run-die) looks unchangeable by manual/free means; it looks changeable only through Edges or other automation..

You are right, if you add Fleet-footed and remove, the run-die does not revert to d6, it is d8 even without the edge. Report it at the ruleset thread for Ikael to check.

To set the dice, right click and +/-, at the dice selection CTRL+wheel mouse up/down. Also here you can add modifiers to base pace of 6, if you add a modifier of -1, then the pace turns to be 5, so you can change base pace and run-die manually.

Galdor
June 10th, 2020, 09:08
To set the dice, right click and +/-, at the dice selection CTRL+wheel mouse up/down.
The right click and +/- on the dice does not work; the other two options work: the CTRL+wheel mouse up/down on the dice, and the option I addressed in my previous posts..

lozanoje
June 10th, 2020, 12:30
This is what I see:

https://i.ibb.co/rw9QFNJ/screenshot-102.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/YX6nvLN/screenshot-101.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Galdor
June 10th, 2020, 12:48
This is what I see:
I wrote that

The right click and +/- on the dice does not work
The only two options which look to modify the run-dice are the followings:

the CTRL+wheel mouse up/down on the dice, and the option I addressed in my previous posts..
The option I addressed in my previous posts is this: putting one of the dice at disposal on the left bottom of the screen on the run-die space; the run-die would change in the die you have put in..

lozanoje
June 10th, 2020, 18:57
I wrote that

The only two options which look to modify the run-dice are the followings:

The option I addressed in my previous posts is this: putting one of the dice at disposal on the left bottom of the screen on the run-die space; the run-die would change in the die you have put in..

Sorry, but I am not able to understand the problem (probably it is my fault), right-click does not work on hover of the dice because it is not suposed to work that way; you have to hover the Pace number, then inside the "modifiers" menu, you can change both, the run dice (with ctrl mouse) and the pace modifier (-/+ number and description of the modifier).

The only issue I notice is that when you remove the Fleet-footed, values do not revert to default.

Galdor
June 11th, 2020, 02:51
The only issue I notice is that when you remove the Fleet-footed, values do not revert to default.
That's it. And there are no automations for NPCs; the effects of Fleet-Footed Edge do not work on NPCs: when you add the Fleet-Footed Edge on a NPC, you have to manually edit all the changes..

As a sidenote, I wished also to highlight another way to change the run-die (the one I pointed out)..

Lonewolf
June 11th, 2020, 21:18
That's it. And there are no automations for NPCs; the effects of Fleet-Footed Edge do not work on NPCs
For starters NPC's are not PC's. Records are write protected as well. Copy a record by drag and drop. Rename and modify away. CTRL +/- does work if you want to change a value. Dropping the Fleetfooted Edge also works exacty as expected. When on CT embedded effect triggered by run button. Die and base value correct. Don't get confused by the base value on the NPC sheet. It is the effect that your looking for.

[Pace +2, Run +1d]

If you want to play with it more. Here is another answer that may help you experiment with the interface.

It is faster for the GM to calculate manaually as would have to in a real game. The VTT will not enforce rules for you. Just move and confirm as required. However if you have to get the VTT to remind you. Then something like this effect will do some of the work

Enhanced Running [Pace = 10|Run +2d]

The first gives a pace bonus in chat messages. The second part would increase the run die by two steps. So movement at run is now 10 + 1d10. This drops to chat as Total Movement:[Pace:10, Affected by Enchanced Running =10] followed by the correct run die amount. Change Pace value or run die bonus to taste.

Galdor
June 11th, 2020, 21:53
For starters NPC's are not PC's. Records are write protected as well. Copy a record by drag and drop. Rename and modify away.
What do you mean by "records"?

Dropping the Fleetfooted Edge also works exacty as expected. When on CT embedded effect triggered by run button. Die and base value correct. Don't get confused by the base value on the NPC sheet. It is the effect that your looking for.
So you are saying that even if dropping "Fleet-Footed" Edge on a NPC does not change the displayed Pace value, neither the Run-die, when such NPC is put on the CT such changes are applied? If so, why such changes aren't displayed in the NPC sheet too?! It could help to have an instant look at the NPCs characteristics in lieu of seeking out the Edges or waiting for rolling something on the CT and exclaim: "Oh, right!, my run-die is d8!"

Lonewolf
June 12th, 2020, 02:24
What do you mean by "records"?
The NPC in a module is write protected. Every NPC will have a padlock after the name field to mark it as such. However you can copy it by simple drag and drop. There is now two NPC's since you created a copy of the data. Change the copy and not the original. Things like mouse changes now work fine.

So you are saying that even if dropping "Fleet-Footed" Edge on a NPC does not change the displayed Pace value, neither the Run-die, when such NPC is put on the CT such changes are applied? If so, why such changes aren't displayed in the NPC sheet too?! It could help to have an instant look at the NPCs characteristics in lieu of seeking out the Edges or waiting for rolling something on the CT and exclaim: "Oh, right!, my run-die is d8!"

I am telling you how get it working and test it. That's it. If you still have a problem take it up with person that coded it. The reason why it is coded like this starts with "Here there be Dragons !":p
All I can do is try help you steer in the right direction that's all.

Dr0W
June 15th, 2020, 09:19

NPCs do not follow PCs rules. Therefore there is little to zero need for the NPC sheet to be automated. Player Characters have their Parry set equal to 2+half of their Fighting, but NPCs don't have their automation because it can by anything the GM wants it to be. If your NPC has a leather armor, you simply raise your Toughness manually, and change it's armor value. So, if you want your NPC to have flat footed, simply change your pace and your run die, you don't even need an Edge for that.

However, effects also work with NPCs so we can have nice things. Effects that affect combat work well here. But Edges that change traits can be used both ways: Either you leave it with an effect that will work during combat, or you simply remove the effect and change the traits by yourself, both choices are valid but I'd rather use the second one.