PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start playing Deadlands on Fantasy Grounds

OB1Sean
June 8th, 2020, 14:37
Hi i am looking in to getting Fantasy Grounds Unity and run a game of Deadlands and just need a few questions answers as i can find the answers or i have over looked it.

Q1? will the deadlands books all work with the new Fanstasy Grounds Unity?

Q2? In the deadlands books it says Requires Savage Worlds v3 Ruleset i can't find it on the store and the only one i see is the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition witch says its v5 will this one work with deadlands?

Thanks for any and all help and sorry if this is posted or asked some were that i missed.

Sgain
June 9th, 2020, 17:25
Q1 - yep. I use it, I've modified (updated) some of the Extras so that they have SWADE skills.
Q2 - I'm running it on Unity with SWADE v5.2.5 and not having any issues.

One thing to note - I didn't turn on the extension, I just use the module in game as I prefer the old Bennie system. If you want the 'full-features' of DL I'm not sure if it will work as I'm not using that specifically.

Hope that helps.

OB1Sean
June 9th, 2020, 18:22
That helps thanks for the replay.

ChoTimberwolf
June 19th, 2020, 12:07
I am using Deadlands with SWADE in FGU and it works fine although I will change to the new deadlands rules as soon as they hit the fantasy grounds store ;)

OB1Sean
June 19th, 2020, 17:41
Thanks I have taken the jump in and got the books so playing on running my first game and see how it goes. Did not know there was new rules coming out I’ll keep a eye out for them.

ChoTimberwolf
June 19th, 2020, 17:47
Kickstarter finished some weeks ago and I think two weeks ago the rulebook came out (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/deadlands-the-weird-west?ref=user_menu)
I think Ikael is working on converting it to FG so hopefully it will be avaible on FG next month :)
I like the new rules, most is just updates to SWADE for the old rules