PDA

View Full Version : Using maps as ...tiles?

Varatta
June 7th, 2020, 13:59
Hey all. So I have purchased a few great map packs and many have small maps that would be great together As a larger composite map if I could stitch them together copy/paste a few duplicate pieces, etc. I tried to find a way to do this in FGU but couldn’t figure it out. Is there a way to use maps from a module as ...well basically as tiles? Or another way to stitch multiple maps together other than simply linking maps (which I find difficult if O am using many many maps to portray a very large area)?

Trenloe
June 7th, 2020, 14:13
Any image in FGU can be used as a tile. See the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/918264/Creating+Maps+with+Tiles

If your images aren't available as Assets, see the other entries in the Wiki regarding importing images.

Varatta
June 7th, 2020, 23:12
So I think the trouble I'm having is that the images/maps I want to use where downloaded as a map module from the FG store. So it's only in my files as a module. they all load fine in maps/images menu but I can't find them in assets and when I clicked on the module folder to import as an asset it errored. Is there a way for me to extract the images from the module to then import them as assets? Or is there another way to go about this i'm totally missing? It seems like there should be as they are just images and should be easy to translate.

Trenloe
June 7th, 2020, 23:49
They should be in assets. Use the search bar in assets to find the file name. Or make sure you have checked all pages of the assets -> images list, not all of the modules are shown in a single page.

Varatta
June 8th, 2020, 00:10
Just checked, even checked 'all' under assets and searched and didn't find it. It's really strange. Updated and tried again... still not there. 3664536646 . I tried searching for various words... not there. =P

LordEntrails
June 8th, 2020, 02:24
What module are you trying to find maps from? That way someone with that module can check and either replicate your issue, or give you a step by step solution.

Varatta
June 8th, 2020, 05:29
Great idea, it's Meanders Map Pack: Shard Roads: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGANYMMPSR

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2020, 00:46
That module will not currently show the maps in assets; and will only be available as the individual records built into the module.

It will need to be converted into the correct structure for FGU to be able to identify the graphics as ones that can be used in map building; but that's a longer term project for our DLC catalog.

Regards,
JPG

Varatta
June 10th, 2020, 01:57
Okay so nothing I can do then? Just wait for it to be updated?

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2020, 02:11
Technically, it's up to the DLC developers to update their content to work as asset packs for FGU; since we don't have the bandwidth to update 1700 DLC. So, we've asked the developer...

Regards,
JPG

Varatta
June 10th, 2020, 03:46
Cool. Thanks.