PDA

View Full Version : Leadership? Cohort?

Newawd
April 17th, 2007, 16:15
Hey people,

I'm new to FG, but I was wondering if there is a way to run a Cohort without purchasing a Lite License and running two instances of the game... If there is no way to do it in FG1, will it be possible in FG2? Anyone? I am not completely averse to running two instances of the game, but I know of someone who was doing that, and they crash a lot (which may or may not have something to do with the fact they are running FG twice)...

Thanks.

Sigurd
April 17th, 2007, 16:16
I think the short answer is: Wait for FG2.

Sigurd

Newawd
April 17th, 2007, 16:45
Is there a long answer? :) Do you have reason to believe that FG2 will allow someone to have a cohort that they can control?

Sigurd
April 17th, 2007, 16:49
Since the program is not automated 'control' is a strange word. But if you mean access to their stats etc.....

FG1

It is, I believe, possible to create a character sheet for anything as the dm. You can then, in xml - not the interface, change the possession of that sheet so that it could be opened by a player. I've never done it. It seems to messy. I don't know how it would handle portraits etc... and I haven't seen anyone do it on any of the games I've played. You could do a forum search.

FG2

From what I've been told it is very easy to have multiple characters for the same player. Presumably you'd be able to have your cohort available easily. No Multi Character support has been my chief criticism of this product for over 2 years. I understand any frustration or lack of patience you might have :)

Sigurd