PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Psionics

NeoZen104
June 7th, 2020, 07:44
I'm trying to figure out how to add Psionics into my Traveller game. I have "Use PSI Characteristic" turned on and can see the Psi Characteristic on the MAIN tab. When I open PSI Abilities I'm not able to drag and drop the abilities anywhere. I tried dragging it into the Skills PSI TALENTS area and the Actions PSI ABILITIES area but nothing shows up. I also saw a tutorial where there was a Psi tab on the character sheet but I don't have one.

I do have the MGT2 Core Rulebook module.

Does anyone have an idea or suggestion of how to fix this?

MadBeardMan
June 7th, 2020, 12:25
I'm trying to figure out how to add Psionics into my Traveller game. I have "Use PSI Characteristic" turned on and can see the Psi Characteristic on the MAIN tab. When I open PSI Abilities I'm not able to drag and drop the abilities anywhere. I tried dragging it into the Skills PSI TALENTS area and the Actions PSI ABILITIES area but nothing shows up. I also saw a tutorial where there was a Psi tab on the character sheet but I don't have one.

I do have the MGT2 Core Rulebook module.

Does anyone have an idea or suggestion of how to fix this?

Afternoon,

The PSI Tab was removed (v1.1.1) because the PSI skills were moved into the Skill Tab. So drop them into the Skill Tabs tab. You should see the PSI Talent title there.

Cheers,
MBM

NeoZen104
June 8th, 2020, 05:53
Afternoon,

The PSI Tab was removed (v1.1.1) because the PSI skills were moved into the Skill Tab. So drop them into the Skill Tabs tab. You should see the PSI Talent title there.

Cheers,
MBM

MBM, I have tried dragging the PSI skills and dropping them into the Skills tab but they won't populate.

LordNanoc
June 8th, 2020, 08:51
Hey MBM. Tested this and found, that I am also not able to populate new Psionic abilities. The old ones, that I put into players before are still there though, in the Actions tab, too.

Same in TEST under 1.1.2, BTW

MadBeardMan
June 8th, 2020, 10:01
Hey MBM. Tested this and found, that I am also not able to populate new Psionic abilities. The old ones, that I put into players before are still there though, in the Actions tab, too.

Same in TEST under 1.1.2, BTW

Tested this morning and it's working correctly with Talents.

Open up the Ref Manual -> PSI Talents

Open up the Skill Tab, make sure the 'PSI Talents' section is showing. If not, check the OPTIONS.

Drag the PSI Talent over the PSI Talents section (over the name title for example) and then drop, it should appear.

Going to see about making it work dropping it anywhere on the tab like skills works.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 8th, 2020, 10:13
I got it now, thanks to MBM. You don't drag it anywhere in the skills tab, but directly at the PSI section. If you drag it anywhere else in the skills tab, it doesn't do anything!

MadBeardMan
June 8th, 2020, 10:19
I got it now, thanks to MBM. You don't drag it anywhere in the skills tab, but directly at the PSI section. If you drag it anywhere else in the skills tab, it doesn't do anything!

Thanks LordNanoc!

In v1.1.3 you can drag it in the empty skills tab (like the skills).

Cheers
MBM

NeoZen104
June 9th, 2020, 00:27
Hey MBM,

Quick clarification, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.0 and it says that I'm using Traveller v1.1.1
Do I have to downgrade fantasy grounds or update my MGT2? Either, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm not quite sure how to do.
I have tried "Check for Updates" but that doesn't seem to upgrade MGT2.

esmdev
June 9th, 2020, 03:33
Hey MBM,

Quick clarification, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.0 and it says that I'm using Traveller v1.1.1
Do I have to downgrade fantasy grounds or update my MGT2? Either, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm not quite sure how to do.

The current live version of MGT2 is v1.1.1, the test version is v1.1.2 and the in development version is 1.1.3. So you are on the current stable release of MGT2.

MBM (short for MadBeardMan) is the product developer so he is often talking about things being fixed in the current development version or things that were fixed in the test version, or things that are being tested. LordNanoc is an alpha tester so he often talks about secret things known only to those who know secret stuff. LordNanoc is one of the select few who get to see the ultra-buggy version.

That said, I found early on that the drag and drop psionic is from library > core rules > psionic talents (in the right side window, the one with the reference manual). The menu bar and top section of the library window are not the drop downs you are looking for.

NeoZen104
June 9th, 2020, 08:18
Thank you very much for the clarification!

MadBeardMan
June 9th, 2020, 14:25
Hey MBM,

LordNanoc getting the ultra-buggy, he'd like that!

FGU is the platform, FGU uses v4 and FGC uses v3. On top of that you have a ruleset, the ruleset is v1.1.1. It's moving at a pace.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 9th, 2020, 17:27
LordNanoc getting the ultra-buggy, he'd like that!

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc? What LordNanoc? *Looks around frantically*

pheanox
June 13th, 2020, 18:29
I feel very silly asking this, but it feels like I need to have my hand held through this process. Sorry if I am wasting time or missed a tutorial, I did try to search, however it turns out the system has changed a bit since the PSI tab.

Anyway. I have in Options, turned on the "Use PSI Characteristic" setting.

My players character sheet has their PSI rating of 6. In the Skills tab, I can see the PSI Talents area. (It is empty)

This is where I'm stuck. I can't seem to give them their PSI Talents. I have turned PSI Abilities on in the Library. I also clicked on the Core Rulebook, then Psionic Talents, and tried to drag those on to the character sheet. Can I get a idtiots guide, step by step, of what I need to do to let my player have Psi abilities?|

This is what I'm looking at, let me know if there is something wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/rWcJAUE.jpg

Note: I am using FGU current version as of this post.

MadBeardMan
June 13th, 2020, 18:33
I feel very silly asking this, but it feels like I need to have my hand held through this process. Sorry if I am wasting time or missed a tutorial, I did try to search, however it turns out the system has changed a bit since the PSI tab.

Anyway. I have in Options, turned on the "Use PSI Characteristic" setting.

My players character sheet has their PSI rating of 6. In the Skills tab, I can see the PSI Talents area. (It is empty)

This is where I'm stuck. I can't seem to give them their PSI Talents. I have turned PSI Abilities on in the Library. I also clicked on the Core Rulebook, then Psionic Talents, and tried to drag those on to the character sheet. Can I get a idtiots guide, step by step, of what I need to do to let my player have Psi abilities?|

This is what I'm looking at, let me know if there is something wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/rWcJAUE.jpg

Hi,

No such thing as a silly question.

I'm assuming you're on FG Classic and it's showing v1.1.2 as the Ruleset version in use.

Drag the PSI Talent or Ability over to the Skill Tab, and drop it on the title area for Psionics (on the name for example), it should now appear and it then adds the abilities for that talent onto the actions tab.

Cheers,
MBM

pheanox
June 13th, 2020, 18:43
Hi,

No such thing as a silly question.

I'm assuming you're on FG Classic and it's showing v1.1.2 as the Ruleset version in use.

Drag the PSI Talent or Ability over to the Skill Tab, and drop it on the title area for Psionics (on the name for example), it should now appear and it then adds the abilities for that talent onto the actions tab.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks for the quick response, I edited my first post before you got yours out, my bad. I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity and it states it is v1.1.1

So I am dragging a Psionic Talent from the Psionic Talent box (For example, Awareness), and it picks up properly, then I drag it over to the Skills tab and place it in the PSI TALENTS area, nothing happens.

MadBeardMan
June 13th, 2020, 18:45
Thanks for the quick response, I edited my first post before you got yours out, my bad. I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity and it states it is v1.1.1

So I am dragging a Psionic Talent from the Psionic Talent box (For example, Awareness), and it picks up properly, then I drag it over to the Skills tab and place it in the PSI TALENTS area, nothing happens.

Hi,

Update your Ruleset please to v1.1.2 (it came out on Tuesday) and has the fix for the issue you have.

Cheers,
MBM

pheanox
June 13th, 2020, 18:46
Hi,

Update your Ruleset please to v1.1.2 (it came out on Tuesday) and has the fix for the issue you have.

Cheers,
MBM

Is there a way to force an update? I have done the 'check for updates' a couple times already today.

MadBeardMan
June 13th, 2020, 18:48
Is there a way to force an update? I have done the 'check for updates' a couple times already today.

Hi,

Not that I know of, and again I don't use FGU at the moment.

I'll contact SW and ask them about it, as I was told v1.1.2 was sent to both FGC and FGU.

Soon as I have an answer I'll reply back here.

Cheers,
MBM

pheanox
June 13th, 2020, 18:50
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

MadBeardMan
June 14th, 2020, 00:26
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Hi,

Should be able to run the FGU update and it should pull down v1.1.2., could you try this and let me know, and it's working etc

Cheers,
MBM

pheanox
June 14th, 2020, 03:16
Hi,

Should be able to run the FGU update and it should pull down v1.1.2., could you try this and let me know, and it's working etc

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks for getting back again, yes! It updated and the issue is fixed.