PDA

View Full Version : New D&D3.5 game custom world

lokiare
April 16th, 2007, 15:34
I am going to start a new game soon, I'm new to fantasy grounds, but I am confident I can learn the interface pretty quick. I will be using various official modules and/or homebrewed adventures. I will be using D&D3.5 ruleset, I like it when everyone sticks to the base classes, however I will allow stuff that I have access to the rules for, as long as it is in an official wizards of the coast product. 1st level characters. we will play around 6:00pm - 3:00am CST every other Sunday, (unless I have to work overtime which is rare, and I will contact everyone in plenty of time before then.) this is a mix of hack n' slash, roleplaying, and puzzle solving, I make my maps with neverwinter nights and nwn2 screen captures of their editor so usually my props are pretty good. The only requirements are that we have one cleric player.
I prefer to use some kind of VoIP to play but it is not required.

commisaro
April 16th, 2007, 19:24
This sounds interesting... When are you planning to start the campaign?

Sigurd
April 16th, 2007, 20:48
Seriously consider just joining a game for the length of an adventure. Seeing the program first from the players perspective is eye opening.

You might also be able to start your world in FG 2 :)

Blue Haven
April 16th, 2007, 22:42
Sounds very good :) just say the words to start and you can count on me...

Liquid_Ramen
April 17th, 2007, 17:08
I'm definitely up for it. I'm a bit lacking in experience, but I have a fairly good handle on the system. Unless someone with a bit more game play under his or her belt comes along, I'm willing to play cleric.

EDIT: Just for reference, are we doing point buy for stats or live rolling?

lokiare
April 17th, 2007, 23:25
If you want to pre-make a character you can use point buy (highest on list in dmg), but if you want to wait we can use the roll method. I use 4d6 drop the lowest place where you want method. Also a vague background, and/or what motivates your character would be helpful. Submit your characters to lokiare1 at hotmail dot com. I will be starting this campaign in around two to four weeks I'll try to start it on the 29th of April (this month). I've downloaded the demo version and am in the process of learning it before I buy the full version. it doesn't look hard. I have ventrilo but I don't have a server, so we may have to find a different program to use for voice.

lokiare
April 19th, 2007, 00:35
Sounds very good :) just say the words to start and you can count on me...

"The Words"

lokiare
April 19th, 2007, 00:37
I'm definitely up for it. I'm a bit lacking in experience, but I have a fairly good handle on the system. Unless someone with a bit more game play under his or her belt comes along, I'm willing to play cleric.

EDIT: Just for reference, are we doing point buy for stats or live rolling?

Sounds good just send me a character to lokiare1 at hot mail dot com with D&D3.5 in the subject

Phoenix903
April 26th, 2007, 21:45
If the game's still happening I'd love to play. Any restrictions on race? And what level?

lokiare
April 26th, 2007, 23:26
yeah there's still openings. We haven't started yet (I'm waiting for about 4 players). first level, (with maybe +1 level adjustment [on a case by case basis]). Mainly I'd like to keep it simple. I don't allow players to play multiple characters.

lokiare
April 29th, 2007, 21:16
So far it looks like I have 3 interested parties. Due to a cancellation of my overtime tonight (Sunday, April 29th, 2007). I'll be able to DM I'm using fantasy grounds II. First level characters with no more than a level adj. of +1 (which my approval of race)
If anyone is interested drop in around 6:00pm CST at alias:
meek idol just ogre

Blue Haven
May 1st, 2007, 13:24
Sorry about the confusion that i make with that message...i accept your invitation :D and eh eh eh let´s kill some monsters :)

lokiare
May 3rd, 2007, 17:21
Ok, that'll work.

Mammon
May 6th, 2007, 00:50
Hook me up, im new to fantasy grounds too, but Ive been a big fan of D&D. Im working on a halfling rouge right now, but i could do something else. I could probably play any weekend. Im interested if you could sign me up. :D Im using Fantasy Grounds II.

Mammon
May 6th, 2007, 01:24
If the time is bad, i could arrange something. Ill probably be open all weekend and a couple other nights. keep me posted! :P

lokiare
May 13th, 2007, 19:37
Ok...I will keep you posted. Well the last few people that came to my game didn't show up this time, but seeing as it's mothers day that is cool. Next game night will be 27th of May.

lokiare
May 27th, 2007, 22:17
We are Looking for new players. Allowable characters are 1st level with no more than a +1 level adjustment. Any race or class will do fine.
This campaign is about 50% roleplaying and 50% combat. About 50% dungeon and 50% city. About 20% puzzle solving and 80% exploration.
Secret societies, political conundrums and more...

We play at 6:00pm CST on Sunday May 27th.

Server alias is:
meek idol just ogre

Join us if you dare!

glimmersby
May 28th, 2007, 13:49
When are you looking at running it?

Edit:

What I mean to ask is this. When are you going to start running it? I understand that you posted the times already.

Blue Haven
May 28th, 2007, 14:14
Sorry lokiare1 :( i write a message on the campaing menu ok?
See you next time :)

lokiare
May 28th, 2007, 19:31
The next session will be on June 10th. From 6:00pm until 3:00am (or until everyone falls asleep)

lokiare
June 18th, 2007, 16:35
Well once again no one showed up to my game. So here is an open call to play on June 24th at 6:00pm CST that is central standard time, please do the time conversion. We play every two weeks on Sunday.
The game world is a custom world. I allow any of the deities from any of the official books. I discourage evil characters because it is almost impossible to play a decent game with characters constantly backstabbing each other. I do allow evil characters if the player realizes that evil acts have consequences. Such as animating the dead from a local graveyard will anger the commoners that live there and bury their dead there. They may take out a bounty on the head of the person responsible. That said a single evil player in a neutral or good party can probably be accommodated. The campaign is based on a series of adventures about evil invaders or wars. Some of the adventures are of my own design and others are official game modules. The idea is that each module builds on the events of the previous one until the climax. First level characters with no more than a level adjustment of +1 are acceptable. Non-standard races are ok, but they need to be discussed with me before hand as there are some that I don't find acceptable. The server name is:
meek idol just ogre
If you are interested post here or just send me a private message.

Garignak
June 19th, 2007, 04:24
sounds interesting......ill join

lokiare
June 22nd, 2007, 12:36
that sounds good, what were you wanting to play as?

Tropico
June 22nd, 2007, 13:24
Hey, I'd be really interested in this too.

I just purchased FG2 and am experimenting a little with it but it would be good to get into an actual game :)

Will send you a PM with the details.

lokiare
June 25th, 2007, 00:21
Just in case you have trouble connecting message me on yahoo messenger: lokiare1

Garignak
June 25th, 2007, 00:58
ok trying now

Blue Haven
June 25th, 2007, 14:46
Lokiare1 i don´t understand :( its the second time that i try to connect to your game at the hour that appears at the game calendar and i can´t...what happened this time??
:(

Tropico
June 25th, 2007, 15:10
Ok, Lokiare's router was giving him problems to accept player's connections even though the ports were forwarded. I'm guessing that's why he had noone connect to his previous games as well..

By talking on Yahoo messenger we were able to find the problem and connect, but by then it was well after the said game time, so I'm guessing by that time you had stopped trying Blue Haven :( Only Garignak and I made it in.

Once we did get in it was huge fun though :) with a great twist on a fight that didn't get enough recognition because I had to bail on the game just then. But, now that the router thing is resolved I'm certainly up for the next game Lokiare, with plenty of time slotted out. Just let me know.

Blue Haven
June 25th, 2007, 23:07
Ok thanks for the explanation...but i guess i´m out :( you can erase me from the game Lokiare1 ok? thanks for the help on getting a game :)
Bye and see you all around :)

Garignak
June 26th, 2007, 03:19
I wouldnt think you would be out. A party of 4 or 5 would be excellent!

Blue Haven
June 26th, 2007, 09:23
But i can´t play because of the time diference :( i tryed but i guess i can´t it´s too late for me sorry :( but thanks for the help :)
Bye to all :)

tahl_liadon
July 2nd, 2007, 02:58
i tried logging on today (1 jul) and couldn't connect... haven't had any luck past couple of planned sessions. (hope i'm still in).

meek idol just ogre, right?

lokiare
July 9th, 2007, 01:26
I had it working last session, but this session (July 8th) the program won't even load. I'll try reinstalling it. In the mean time sorry for the inconvenience.

lokiare
July 21st, 2007, 17:24
Ok for everyone that would still like to game with me after all of the problems and difficulties please try to connect Sunday, July 22nd. I will be on yahoo messenger if you need to contact me as lokiare1. If you cannot connect contact me and I'll fix the problem. I am looking for players that can commit to 9 out of 10 sessions at least. (there will hopefully be more than 10 sessions, but you know what I mean). We play every two weeks at around 6:00pm CST please adjust for your time zone.

The game arc or campaign will be composed of many dark warlords trying to take over areas. I use all of the base rules plus I allow almost anything from any official D&D book. I use max hp at each level. highest point buy or roll with DM witness. no more than a level adjustment of +1 over average party level. (1st right now).

Synopsis:
South Fallow is a small trading and farming village on the road to a large city that mainly deals in processing and trading grains. You arrive there to find that it has been attacked by some kind of strange small scaly demons. The guards tried to drive back the first raid with no success. They even managed to kill one of the creatures, only to find the body was gone in the morning. Stranger still when a guardsman was sent north into the fallow woods to investigate he was gone for two weeks. When he came staggering back into the village weaponless and wearing no armor, clothing ripped, torn, and bloodied he was raving like a madman. Before dying of exposure and his many wounds he expostulated "The eyes in the dark...no...nooo....NOOOO.". His body had strange wounds that couldn't be made by any weapons known to the villagers. The marks were made by some sort of spikes that were grouped together in a diamond shape. The village has no recourse but to turn to some adventurers to help them out of this mess.

if you are interested send me a private message.

Connection details:
Server alias
meek idol just ogre