PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Lazarus
April 15th, 2007, 07:58
So okay.
I might sound like an idiot, but here I go with my first post. And it might be a bit lengthy.

First off, why aren't there posts more often?
Is the community that small or something?

Also, an introduction forum would be nice, not necessary but just something that'd be nice.

And I just bought this, because I really want to get into these table top games, but I'm on the computer so often, figured this would be easier.

Which makes me wonder, is there anyone out there really willing to help?
Most of the people here almost seem like elitest, but I know there has to be people here willing to show someone down the road of table top gaming.

After all, I'm still young, and I'll be damned if this is something that becomes history.

I want to experience this too, but I need someone to show me the ropes.
It's overwhelming seeing so much, yet understanding so little.

Apparently their used to be an IRC chat, but that was a pair of years ago.

Anyway, if anyone has answers to these questions or just any comments, go ahead and post.

As far as someone trying to show me the ropes, please do feel free to contact me anywhere.

EDIT:

Oh and isn't there someway we can get more players together?
In a chat server type place.

I think it would make things a lot easier and funner.

Stuart
April 15th, 2007, 08:57
This time of year always sees a slight slow down in traffic, there are regular posts but many people are busy playing with established groups or making the best of the weather.

The community is quite large, visit the FUM site at : https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/ and you will see what I mean. It also has a wider range of forums and is essentialy a site for FG fans, run by FG fans. It has also widened its "base" since iCON and now has regular contributions by users of other VTA's.

I'm not sure where you got the idea about groups being elitist ? Every couple of weeks sees a new game start of some sort and this is especially true on your side of the pond. If you want some sort of tutorial game, Griogore runs a pick-up game via FUM and is a very experienced DM and a regular poster.

Frankly an hour playing with an experienced DM is all it will take. I have a Middle-earth game running that will teach you the FG basics BUT it is non d20, uses a customized rulesystem and runs 8 PM GMT.

If you are willing to break away from WoTC and can play alternate Saturdays (8 PM GMT) then please contact me. Longarms runs a lvl 2/3 game on Saturday too (I alternate with him so I can play), 8 PM GMT and we could do with a few more players - please contact him if interested, or let me know and I'll contact him.

Lazarus
April 15th, 2007, 09:49
I couldn't have asked for a better response.

And I'd love to try and get into it with you guys.
I'll also visit the link you gave me since, the boards here seem a bit limited.

Griogre
April 15th, 2007, 22:46
The guild hall is full of people asking for and starting games. And welcome to the boards.

Yenooc
April 16th, 2007, 00:20
My experience has been directly opposite to what you are describing.

I started using FG and joined this site less than a year ago, and I began (and remain) relatively clueless about not only the program itself, but about the technical computer know-how required to get things up and running. I posted cries for help, and each time several members responded, exhibiting great patience and sacrifice of their own time to help me out.

I've seen that experience repeated many times since then when new members pop up with similar requests for assistance.

I don't know what else I can say.