PDA

View Full Version : Curious about FG II

Dazmiuth
April 15th, 2007, 06:53
Is there an official time table on when this may be released? I am new to FG, and a few of my friends and I are getting ready to start our first campaign (we look to start in about a month). I really don't want to start creating files and stuff in FG if FG II is going to be released soon. The only reason I ask is because I read in a magazine ad that FG II is already available. Sorry if this is a dead-horse topic, I just dont' want to waste my effort!

Daz

Stuart
April 15th, 2007, 08:48
FGII is not available, it is in the final (we hope) beta testing/tweaking stages.

Depending on what modifications you want to make to files, I'd suggest you start in FG1.05, moving chunks of data into FGII is not that hard. Major changes i.e using non d20 systems, character sheet changes etc will be much more problematic.

biomage
April 15th, 2007, 17:59
I have been waiting for an update to start my campaign since September. Since I have waited this long, I guess I can wait forever. I know as soon as I start a campaign, FGII will be released.

Cantstanzya
April 15th, 2007, 19:23
I have been waiting for an update to start my campaign since September. Since I have waited this long, I guess I can wait forever. I know as soon as I start a campaign, FGII will be released.
So it's your fault it hasn't been released yet. Hurry up and start you campaign already so that they'll release it. :)

Lupus Astrum
April 15th, 2007, 20:47
You don't really create much "in" FG. Characters that are created and such can easily be re-written in mere minutes, and maps/text blocks a DM is making aren't really a part of FG anyway (and will be imported into FG II just as easily).

Yenooc
April 16th, 2007, 00:24
. . . I know as soon as I start a campaign, FGII will be released.

Ah! It's the same with me and the LOTTO! I've bought tickets religiously for many years--always using the same numbers--knowing that I'll never win. Then why do I play, you ask? Because I know that the first time I fail to buy a ticket, my numbers will come up! ;)

Sooooo . . . do us all a favor and start your campaign so that FGII will be released. :D

biomage
April 17th, 2007, 02:13
Alright, then. I will set the release date for FGII! I am going to start my campaign on Saturday, May 19th. Therefore, you can expect FGII to be released soon after May 19th!!!

Actually, I am not worried about importing material into FGII. My players would rather learn on FGII instead of FGI. I suspect there will not be a big difference in the controls.

Agamon
April 17th, 2007, 04:27
Funny, I also have been waiting a few months for FGII to start an FG campaign, and I also am just getting on with it, knowing full well 2.0 will come out as soon as it begins. Mine's set for May 3rd. So, somewhere between the 3rd and 19th would be alright by everyone, I imagine. :p

The High Druid
April 17th, 2007, 12:31
Well, if the Flash timer on the front page is anything to go by, we're looking at next Monday (23rd).

Yenooc
April 17th, 2007, 19:03
Wow!:D Perhaps just the threat of starting your new campaigns has caused the shift needed in the time-space continuum for the release of FGII! ;)

kimba
April 18th, 2007, 01:15
Wow!:D Perhaps just the threat of starting your new campaigns has caused the shift needed in the time-space continuum for the release of FGII! ;)

lets hope that the space time contunuum holds out and Qdoes not interfear with what we know to be true - FGII is coming out in 6 days.

Pray with me everyone. Pray!

Lupus Astrum
April 18th, 2007, 06:58
Daz - I think we can all collectively say, "We love you."

Dazmiuth
April 18th, 2007, 19:27
Daz - I think we can all collectively say, "We love you."

I love you too Lupus, but I am afraid biomage deserves the credit for this one... I guess I should get some credit for starting the thread that made him decide to start his campaign though :cool:

Dachannien
April 18th, 2007, 20:54
There's a lot of love in this thread.

And suddenly I feel like I need a shower. :o