PDA

View Full Version : Printable Character Sheets?

LordMango
June 5th, 2020, 16:32
I'm looking for a way to produce a PDF of the 2e character sheets from FG. This is to support a play-by-e-mail campaign where players need to look-up information about their characters for quick reference and we don't always have FG up and running. I have seen some great tools that produce a 5e character sheet PDF from the character sheet backup XML file, but nothing for 2e. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

celestian
June 5th, 2020, 18:45
I'm looking for a way to produce a PDF of the 2e character sheets from FG. This is to support a play-by-e-mail campaign where players need to look-up information about their characters for quick reference and we don't always have FG up and running. I have seen some great tools that produce a 5e character sheet PDF from the character sheet backup XML file, but nothing for 2e. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

There is no option to do this that I am aware.

LordMango
June 5th, 2020, 18:58
There is no option to do this that I am aware.

Thanks. I was afraid this was the case. The only other option I can come up with is to put up a perpetual server so the players can access their characters at any time. All attempts I have made at doing this have failed for various reasons.

MrHack
June 10th, 2020, 04:03
When a player first starts FG Classic, they should see a Manage Characters button. It will list the campaigns that they've played, and they should be able to select and view their characters too. They won't be able to change anything though.

I don't see the Manage Characters button in FG Unity, so I guess it's not available in that version, yet.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2020, 08:58
Manage Characters isn't available in Unity - and it won't be.

They've implemented similar functionality though. As the player, start up a campaign that is of the same ruleset as the one you're playing in. Then on the Character Management screen, click the blue arrow button to take you to the import screen - all characters available in the local player cache for that ruleset will be available to bring into that local campaign.