PDA

View Full Version : How to apply Wildhunt Shifter (Eberron) trait to character?

NickelBomber
June 5th, 2020, 04:38
One of my players is playing as a Wildhunt Shifter Barbarian and it's tricky to keep track of when things should or should not have advantage to hit him. The relevant text for this trait is "no creature within 30 feet of you can make an attack roll with advantage against you, unless your are incapacitated". So far the best I can think of was creating an effect like [ IF: CUSTOM(Reckless Attack); GRANTDISATK ] so that the disadvantage would cancel out the advantage and set everything back to normal per se, but this isn't ideal since it wouldn't kick in when other sources of advantage are relevant (like if everyone was Blinded). I've tried a more generic form of [ IF: GRANTADVATK; GRANTDISATK ] but for some reason this always applies GRANTDISATK even if there is no source of GRANTADVATK.

I was looking for ways to remove effects and found this 5E Player Effect Removal Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40289-5E-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension) but it doesn't seem like it would be able to remove only the GRANTADVATK effect being applied to the character. Does anyone know if there's a way to remove this GRANTADVATK effect temporarily? Alternatively if it can't be removed easily, does anyone have any other suggestions on how one might try to handle this type of advantage removal effect?

Thanks!
Nickel Bomber

LordEntrails
June 5th, 2020, 04:41
Click the button next to the effect to skip the effect for one round. Or slick the button to turn it off until you want it back on, then click it on.

NickelBomber
June 5th, 2020, 17:08
Huh, I hadn't considered that before. It's not super convenient but toggling the relevant conditions off temporarily it will certainly work for the edge cases I was worried about. Thank you very much for the advice LordEntrails!

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2020, 18:04
You can use IF and IFT to determine if there is an effect on the actor so that's why you are seeing the issue with the second of your strings.

I think you'll need to handle this one manually by switching on and off the effect as LE says.