PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Suggestions on a good into module

TXCBoy36
June 5th, 2020, 01:11
I have my kids setup to let me try and run a game on FGC (Ultimate). So many modules to choose from and want it to be like a one-shot as the kids are new to playing and I am new to running a game on FGC.

Any suggestions? Looking to run it this weekend.

Thanks!

LordEntrails
June 5th, 2020, 03:41
One-shot? I would probably look at one of the AAW modules or one of the other third party publishers. Nothing from WotC is that short.

Personally I love the Impenetrable Fortress of Dib, but I don't know if their is a FG module for it. I forget the publisher, but you can Google it and it should be pretty easy to convert.

TXCBoy36
June 5th, 2020, 04:10
Thanks !!!

I will take a look....there are so many that it is hard to determine which one is worth acquiring....its like picking a good body shop....works better with help from the outside..lol

Three of Swords
June 6th, 2020, 23:55
Another option is Lost Mine of Phandelver. The first portion of the adventure works pretty well as a one-shot. Rescue your friend who was captured by goblins. Then you can always continue if everyone is having fun.

TXCBoy36
June 8th, 2020, 00:36
Thanks! I have this one already. I will take a peak

Three of Swords
June 8th, 2020, 00:40
Note that the PCs won't find their friend. Just a clue on where he is. But if you're certain it's a one-shot, then you can have their friend there. Or leave it as a cliff-hanger, so they're begging for more... :)

felgolos
June 8th, 2020, 07:07
There is an FG mipod bundled with Treasures of the Broken Hoard: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/189132

Which is a series of five one-hour adventures aimed at new players. The first one is great for kids: they fight tiny goblins and a tiny hill giant and then can potentially get a miniature bear pet.

TXCBoy36
June 10th, 2020, 06:58
There is an FG mipod bundled with Treasures of the Broken Hoard: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/189132

Which is a series of five one-hour adventures aimed at new players. The first one is great for kids: they fight tiny goblins and a tiny hill giant and then can potentially get a miniature bear pet.

Thanks, I have got this one....great suggestion