Valyar
June 2nd, 2020, 20:46
Wow, steep cost :(

greyseasunder
June 2nd, 2020, 21:49
Woohoo! Snagged it! Thanks folks!

sallerin
June 3rd, 2020, 09:07
Great! but the price (as often at Mongoose) is downright staggering: the same price as the Core Ruleset but 90 pages less...
I am a fan of Traveller and quality adaptations made for fantasy Grounds but now I pass my turn... I would expect a discount...

MadBeardMan
June 3rd, 2020, 10:44
Morning Folks,

Yea, alas I don't set the prices. I have asked Mongoose to speak to FG about it.

Though please understand, the huge amount of work that's gone into this book, the art, layout, data entry, etc, it's been a HUGE job for me, took longer than the Core Rulebook as far as time required to bring it to FG.

Anyway, v1.1.2 should arrive next Tuesday, and I did a lot of work on v1.1.3 last night post my Tuesday DnD.

Cheers,
MBM

sallerin
June 3rd, 2020, 11:09
I know very well that you are not responsible for the prices and the work that this represents, but it is still a really significant sum not to mention that most potential customers have already paid $49.99 for the physical book.
—and I don’t see a lot of reason for it to be as expensive as the Core Rulebook with almost a third less page volume.

MadBeardMan
June 3rd, 2020, 11:31
I know very well that you are not responsible for the prices and the work that this represents, but it is still a really significant sum not to mention that most potential customers have already paid $49.99 for the physical book.
—and I don’t see a lot of reason for it to be as expensive as the Core Rulebook with almost a third less page volume.

Hi Sallerin,

I've got a reply from Mongoose so I'll go back to FG about the price.

This type of conversation is mirrored across all the various rulesets, as the price in the UK is much more reasonable (well for me).

Anyway thanks for your concerns, they have been passed on!

Cheers,
MBM

sallerin
June 3rd, 2020, 11:54
Thx!

MadBeardMan
June 3rd, 2020, 12:10
Folks,

Those of you who have bought it, wow, thanks and I think I know who some of you are.

Let me know what you think, and get vocal here on what ruleset updates (look at the v1.1.3 thread) you want to see added to make all those items work better!

Cheers,
MBM

greyseasunder
June 3rd, 2020, 13:50
Thanks MBM- I'm new to FGU, Traveller, but not to RPG's in general. Really appreciate your hard work on this- my players and I are already digging in and working with the content- this addition really fleshes out equipment and goes along way toward making FGU Traveller start to feel like a more polished experience. Thank you!

MadBeardMan
June 3rd, 2020, 14:03
Thanks MBM- I'm new to FGU, Traveller, but not to RPG's in general. Really appreciate your hard work on this- my players and I are already digging in and working with the content- this addition really fleshes out equipment and goes along way toward making FGU Traveller start to feel like a more polished experience. Thank you!

Hi Greyseasunder,

So very nice of you to say those words, CSC was very hard for me, data entry is not my strong point. But I hope that many people get to enjoy it!

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 3rd, 2020, 19:47
After doing some small conversions no myself I totally can relate, man!
Helluva work, MBM. Those must have been tedious hours, days, weeks of data entry for sure! But you did it and now this monument is for order to enjoy for all.
Well done, chap!

Boldtaar
June 3rd, 2020, 22:49
Now that the different ammo types are in we are missing a standard ammo item option for the core book.

CJR
June 3rd, 2020, 23:53
Wow! So glad to see it out. Will High Guard be next?.i see there is a little starship option now on the CT screen but clicking on it launches loads of errors?

Anyway I will get the CSC but i hope the price might drop a little because i simply can not afford it this month, or possibly year!

CJ x

esmdev
June 4th, 2020, 01:42
Wow! So glad to see it out. Will High Guard be next?.i see there is a little starship option now on the CT screen but clicking on it launches loads of errors?

I was just experimenting with the starship system and didn't see any errors. Are you using classic or unity?

Yes, High Guard is the next planned expansion and is already in development followed by the Companion.

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 10:17
Now that the different ammo types are in we are missing a standard ammo item option for the core book.

The standard ammo is the normal attack/damage you get when a weapon has no special ammo, dropping more ammo onto a weapon doesn't remove these. So you should use them for any normal non-special ammo attack.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 10:19

Anyway I will get the CSC but i hope the price might drop a little because i simply can not afford it this month, or possibly year!

CJ x

I would guess you're using FGU, seems v1.1.2 has been put into FGU ahead of time. I'll remove that Starship button, it's part of the future dev and you shouldn't see it! Apologies.

Cheers,
MBM

CJR
June 4th, 2020, 13:49
I am happy to spend time volunteering on data entry if it will help. Matt know me, and i am probably under NDA for Mongoose already so the tedious bits I can always assist with of needed if it is just pasting text or typing things in :) You do an amazing job!

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 14:01
I am happy to spend time volunteering on data entry if it will help. Matt know me, and i am probably under NDA for Mongoose already so the tedious bits I can always assist with of needed if it is just pasting text or typing things in :) You do an amazing job!

Haha awesome. Alas we use a special tool so data needs to be in a text format in a very specific order, very much like a custom CSV. It's clunky.

The issue with CSC, there are 1,500 items, and most have art work as well. I would estimate it took me 2-300 hours to get CSC done and that's not including the ruleset work, which is ongoing. In comparison, High Guard is around 80 hours, and Traveller Companion around 30 hours...

There aren't any more huge books like it, so should be good! But let me think about what people can/can't help with. Worlds Data might be useful for Behind the Claw!

Cheers,
MBM

CJR
June 4th, 2020, 14:08
And I have it. Payment from Chaosium for a Cthulhu book I am commissioned for came in, so this was an obvious buy. Looks great, and at least Tom's character can add that always essential item, the Alien Cosplay Kit. (He has an Aslan one, and so far has managed not to show this to any Aslan so still alive!) If you don't own the book in print this is an essential buy, and even if you do I think it has so much I would buy it anyway. Plus the price is sort of justified, because all my players can access it in game, which saves buying multiple copies, or pushing the one paper version around. Now I have to work out how slots work in battle dress, can you add to them?

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 14:22
And I have it. Payment from Chaosium for a Cthulhu book I am commissioned for came in, so this was an obvious buy.

Oh do tell!

Now I have to work out how slots work in battle dress, can you add to them?

That's on the development list, first step was the general mods getting them working. Let me investigate for v1.1.3.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
June 4th, 2020, 14:59
The standard ammo is the normal attack/damage you get when a weapon has no special ammo, dropping more ammo onto a weapon doesn't remove these. So you should use them for any normal non-special ammo attack.

Cheers,
MBM

Yes but missing a item for standard ammo to drag to inventor to keep track of number of magains.

Also how do I select what type of ammo to use?
I have 3 type of ammo in my inventory but cant find any way to select with one to use on the action tab. Have a plus-button that doesn't do anything

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 15:04
Yes but missing a item for standard ammo to drag to inventor to keep track of number of magains.

Also how do I select what type of ammo to use?
I have 3 type of ammo in my inventory but cant find any way to select with one to use on the action tab. Have a plus-button that doesn't do anything

Hi Boldtaar,

I see, there's no standard ammo in Central Supply or Core Rulebook also there's no tracking of magazines. These need designing and then developing.

Drag the ammo onto the gun you want that ammo to be used with (in the action tab), you'll see the ammo appear, now when you use that ammo, you use that attack/damage - so make sure the traits are all correct etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
June 4th, 2020, 15:11
Hi Boldtaar,

I see, there's no standard ammo in Central Supply or Core Rulebook also there's no tracking of magazines. These need designing and then developing.

Drag the ammo onto the gun you want that ammo to be used with (in the action tab), you'll see the ammo appear, now when you use that ammo, you use that attack/damage - so make sure the traits are all correct etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Noting is happening for me when I do that.
Exampel: If I drag Directed plasma on to a assault shotgun.

FGU problem?

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 15:25
Noting is happening for me when I do that.
Exampel: If I drag Directed plasma on to a assault shotgun.

FGU problem?

Hi Chap,

Not sure about FGU as I use FGC for development.

Try this as I think I get what you get.

Drag the Assault Shotgun on as normal, the attack appears.

Go into Libraries -> CSC -> Equipment -> Ammunition and then drag the Directed Plasma onto the Shotgun. That works nicely and it's what I was doing during my testing/game session.

Now it appears if you go into Items, located Directed Plasma and drag this, it doesn't do much (it opens the header space but nothing more).

That's a bug and that I'll fix asap.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
June 4th, 2020, 15:30
Makes no difference if I drag from my inventor or drop it from CSC items, same result (it opens the header space but nothing more)

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 15:38
Makes no difference if I drag from my inventor or drop it from CSC items, same result (it opens the header space but nothing more)

Hmm, seems odd that FGU would have an issue like this. I'll ask LordNanoc to test as he's got FGU.

I've located the issue with the dragging from the Items list (from the sidebar), I'll get that fixed tomorrow, and see about pushing into v1.1.2 for release next Tuesday. Apologies.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 4th, 2020, 19:07
Hiya

Here's what I did:
I dragged Assault shotgun into the inventory of a char.
The line in the Actions tab is there.
Put the char and a NPC into the CT. Targeted the NPC.
Roll for Attack -> 9 -> Avg Success +1 dmg
Roll for damage -> 15 -> Damage 10 due to 5 armour, Status light wounds

Normal so far.

Opened CSC/Equipment from Library.
Dragged Directed Plasma from Equipment window to inventory. An inventory item was created.
Dragged Directed Plasma from Equipment window to weapon in action tab. Another entry was created
Rolled in this entry for attack -> 11 -> Average Success ->+3 dmg
Rolled for Damage ...

Here an Error log came up:
[6/4/2020 7:31:53 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
[6/4/2020 7:31:53 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[6/4/2020 7:32:58 PM] Daily session backup created.
[6/4/2020 7:32:58 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [LordNanoc]
[6/4/2020 7:33:02 PM] Game server started. [128.199.60.165:62498]
[6/4/2020 7:33:02 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[6/4/2020 7:33:02 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[6/4/2020 7:33:02 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[6/4/2020 7:33:22 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[6/4/2020 7:33:27 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[6/4/2020 7:33:27 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
[6/4/2020 7:33:28 PM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E
Copyright 2016 Mongoose Publishing.; all rights reserved.
[6/4/2020 7:33:28 PM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.1.2 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019/2020 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[6/4/2020 7:33:28 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[6/4/2020 7:38:28 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 7:43:28 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 7:48:28 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in TopLeft.
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in Left.
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_main)
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_main)
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_armour_actions)
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_armour)
[6/4/2020 7:53:19 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_armour)
[6/4/2020 7:53:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_actions_contents)
[6/4/2020 7:53:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_weapon)
[6/4/2020 7:53:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_weapon)
[6/4/2020 7:53:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_misc_actions)
[6/4/2020 7:53:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_psionic_abilities)
[6/4/2020 7:53:28 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 7:55:02 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_armour)
[6/4/2020 7:55:02 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_weapon)
[6/4/2020 7:58:29 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 8:02:10 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (ref_ammunition_stats)
[6/4/2020 8:02:23 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (char_armour)
[6/4/2020 8:03:29 PM] Campaign saved.
[6/4/2020 8:06:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:142: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

So far my test.
Here's a screenshot 36495
cya
Harry

esmdev
June 4th, 2020, 20:35
I can help out with the world data for Beyond the Claw. I already have all the worlds in my database and the ability to output it into the current XML structure (minus the recent 1.1.1 add-ons). I wasn't sure people would want me defaulting docking fees and such so I just left the modules as is. If it will help you I'll send the XML to you. I just cut and past directly into the db.xml between the world tags and then load and create the modules. I decided for memory and access speed to break the domain into sectors but most I've talked to say they just use whatever sector and don't worry about others. Seems rare for people to run across multiple sectors.

MadBeardMan
June 4th, 2020, 22:15
I can help out with the world data for Beyond the Claw. I already have all the worlds in my database and the ability to output it into the current XML structure (minus the recent 1.1.1 add-ons). I wasn't sure people would want me defaulting docking fees and such so I just left the modules as is. If it will help you I'll send the XML to you. I just cut and past directly into the db.xml between the world tags and then load and create the modules. I decided for memory and access speed to break the domain into sectors but most I've talked to say they just use whatever sector and don't worry about others. Seems rare for people to run across multiple sectors.

Hi Chap,

The importer uses .txt files to convert them into the format required for FG.

I've not fixed this in stone atm, but it's something like:

name|Chronor
uwp|A6369A5-D
domain|-
sector|Spinward Marches
subsector|Deneb
hex_code|0304
trade_codes|Hi
travel_code|
bases|Z M
allegiance|Consulate
system|G
notes|The Cronor system is the regional capital for the Zhodani Consulate in the Spinward Marches. As such, it is heavily protected by both in-system (non-jump capable) and conventional naval assets, as well as ground forces. A large detachment of what Imperials refer to as the Consular Guard protects governmental installations and stands ready to fight large-scale battles.
berthing_cost|
fuel|
facilities|
extras|

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
June 8th, 2020, 12:16
Hi,

I know your looking into it, but the prices really are oddly structured, for example I can get a Hardcover copy of the CSC for £37. with a free pdf. The FG version cost me £41.28.

MadBeardMan
June 8th, 2020, 12:27
Hi,

I know your looking into it, but the prices really are oddly structured, for example I can get a Hardcover copy of the CSC for £37. with a free pdf. The FG version cost me £41.28.

Chap,

Remember the FG prices are in US $, and we're charged in £, so we get charged whatever the lowest exchange rate possible so our banks can make extra money.

Would be nice for FG in the future to price things in $, £ and €, but that would mean running conversion tools and then cause confusion as all commissions are paid in US $. I long for the day of the Universal Currency.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 9th, 2020, 14:25
.... I long for the day of the Universal Currency.

Cheers,
MBM

Latinum.
Gold pressed latinum.

:D :D

GregRex
June 16th, 2020, 14:57
Thanks for all the work!

MadBeardMan
June 16th, 2020, 14:59
Thanks for all the work!

Hi GregRex,

Thanks for your kind words, it was a mammoth task.

I'm working on v1.1.3 of the ruleset which features some nice updates to make CSC fit even better.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 16th, 2020, 15:25
Thx to MBM for taking weeks and months of time to enter all that data and logic into the product. Seeing how much work it was and how the price is discussed in another thread stings a bit. I understand both sides here though. I also understand SmiteWorks being between a rock and a hard place, trying to find the best compromise between publisher and customer.

It is seldomly more than a hobby for someone to put content into FG. People like MBM do it for us, the community mostly.

I as a tester invest way less time (doing it for free though) but still not a marginal part. A few days of testing run into something like the CSC.

This is not to brag, this is for all of you as an information how many people, from Mongoose to MBM to the tester to Smiteworks are working, so that these things are available for you.
This is because we all rock, the content creators, converters, testers, providers as well as the community!

Sounds like one great psycho circus -> https://youtu.be/BWIW6Ti0PbE
:-D