PDA

View Full Version : Moving a Character with FGC

TXCBoy36
June 2nd, 2020, 07:17
I have the Ultimate license and need some help. I have been creating some characters in the Manage character section but these characters are not available for viewing when I load an campaign or on the create a campaign section.

Is there a way to import these characters in the Manage Character Section to other sections in FGC?

Thanks!

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 08:06
Quickest way is to start another instance of FG on the same computer. Join game using a server address of localhost which will give you access to the PCs you have in Manage Characters - once joined click the blue up arrow button in Character Selection.

TXCBoy36
June 2nd, 2020, 09:00
Quickest way is to start another instance of FG on the same computer. Join game using a server address of localhost which will give you access to the PCs you have in Manage Characters - once joined click the blue up arrow button in Character Selection.

Am I attempting to join my own hosted game? Not sure how to do that?

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 09:12
Am I attempting to join my own hosted game? Not sure how to do that?
Yes. You're running two instances of FG on the same computer. If you're on FGU make your GM instance a "LAN" game - just temporarily. Then start up another instance of FG (right-click on FG in the Windows taskbar and select "Fantasy Grounds" from the menu that appears to start another instance of FG). Then "Join Campaign" and enter localhost in the <IP Address> field of the "Join LAN Game" section in the bottom right, then click Start. This will join you as a player to your GM instance.

TXCBoy36
June 2nd, 2020, 22:34
I am running FGC (ultimate license), does this work with classic also?

Bonkon
June 2nd, 2020, 23:16
Good Day TXCBoy36 :)
Yes it does, just start a second instance of FG and select Join Game. Put in a User Name and then localhost. It will then connect to your open GM game. :)

TXCBoy36
June 3rd, 2020, 04:02
I did not realize that I could do that....very nice....thanks!