PDA

View Full Version : Great first FGU Experience

lukemm
June 2nd, 2020, 02:56
I just ran a group of brand new players (new to FG and new to role-playing!) through their first session in the Lost Mines of Phandelver. They killed goblins, investigated a cave, got pretty beaten up, began bonding as a party, and (I think) had a great time. I was a little nervous about the stability of the platform, but I shouldn't have been! Once everyone connected (it took a couple people a couple tries) the platform worked flawlessly. Fantastic work to the Fantasy Grounds team! it's a DM's dream.

Now somebody point me to a great Old School Essentials ruleset so I can get my regular group on Fantasy Grounds!

damned
June 2nd, 2020, 03:06
I just ran a group of brand new players (new to FG and new to role-playing!) through their first session in the Lost Mines of Phandelver. They killed goblins, investigated a cave, got pretty beaten up, began bonding as a party, and (I think) had a great time. I was a little nervous about the stability of the platform, but I shouldn't have been! Once everyone connected (it took a couple people a couple tries) the platform worked flawlessly. Fantastic work to the Fantasy Grounds team! it's a DM's dream.

Now somebody point me to a great Old School Essentials ruleset so I can get my regular group on Fantasy Grounds!

The 2E ruleset is an excellent ruleset.

lukemm
June 2nd, 2020, 03:19
2e you say. I’m going to check it out. Thanks!

Flyteach
June 2nd, 2020, 22:46
This mirrors my experience with both Pathfinder 2E and Starfinder. Even starship combat is fun!