PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG Total Encumbrance Extension

bmos
June 1st, 2020, 02:59
THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER UPDATED OR USEFUL

THIS EXTENSION'S FUNCTIONALITY HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO PARTS:
CoreRPG Extraplanar Containers (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67126-PFRPG-Extraplanar-Containers)
CoreRPG Coins Weight (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67228-CoreRPG-Coins-Weight)
PFRPG Encumbrance Penalties (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68289-PFRPG-3-5E-Encumbrance-Extension)
PFRPG Net Worth (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68093-PFRPG-Net-Worth)
Each of these parts do their job better than they did when they were together as Total Encumbrance.

OLD 1st POST:
I was excited to come across Alaxandir's CoreRPG port (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57185-Coin-Weight-for-CoreRPG-(MoreCore-compatible)) of Zuger's Coin Weight extension (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41109-The-weight-of-the-coins), but it had visual issues in the Pathfinder ruleset. I made a few changes and enabled some extra features that had been left disabled/unfinished in the source mod. After seeing how it worked, it seemed like an obvious next step to extend its functionality to help fill the gaps in the existing functionality around weight, encumbrance, coins, and the like. At this point, the coin weight aspect is a tiny piece of this extension.

Extension Homepage and Readme (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance)
Download (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases)
License Information (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/LICENSE.md)
Bug Tracker and Suggestions (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/issues)

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60308-bmos-extensions) (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports).

Demonstration Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4PDWxNbzTo

Kelrugem
June 1st, 2020, 03:03
I was excited to come across Alaxandir's CoreRPG port of Cedric Zuger's Coin Weight extension, but it had a visual issue wherein it overlapped the normal encumbrance info.
I made a few changes to move the fields into better spots to make it usable, although it still isn't pretty (I haven't figured out how to make the frame larger yet).

thanks for the extension :)

tahl_liadon
June 1st, 2020, 21:16
coin encumbrance. ugh. lol

i house-rule in all my games that any coin used as money has no weight (i even joke when i distribute gp after party has sold everything: prepare to receive your direct deposits!). so, ingots and any other items with precious metal still count as having weight; can't make it all easy for 'em to haul off that dragon loot! X-D).

bmos
June 2nd, 2020, 01:38
coin encumbrance. ugh. lol
i house-rule in all my games that any coin used as money has no weight (i even joke when i distribute gp after party has sold everything: prepare to receive your direct deposits!). so, ingots and any other items with precious metal still count as having weight; can't make it all easy for 'em to haul off that dragon loot! X-D).
I've always been intrigued by the idea of tracking coin weight, but didn't want to take the time to do the math.
I don't make my players RP going to a moneychanger or anything but they can't change coin denominations unless the situation allows. Not difficult, but limited in scope by settlement size.

dellanx
June 2nd, 2020, 10:19
What happens if a character has a bag of holding or a portable hole?

bmos
June 2nd, 2020, 12:08
What happens if a character has a bag of holding or a portable hole?

Oooh, I'll add a per-character enable/disable coin weight option to my to-do list :)

EDIT: Looks like there is already something similar in the original extension! Something about non-carried coins.

dellanx
June 2nd, 2020, 13:49
Oooh, I'll add a per-character enable/disable coin weight option to my to-do list :)

Sounds awesome!

bmos
June 2nd, 2020, 19:54
v1.0 is now released with two rows of coin-counting boxes, one counted against encumbrance and one not.

The formatting is pretty nice now, although I had to make the coin label boxes a lot narrower. If this is an issue for anyone, let me know and I will enlarge them at the expense of the wealth notes.
I'm also planning to make the encumbrance section a touch prettier, automate the contents of the speed box, and automate other encumbrance effects like the max dex limit and check penalty.

EDIT: After looking over v1.0 again, I realized it was covering up the armor frame. It took me a while to get everything how I wanted it with less space to work with, but I eventually figured it out. Introducing v1.1! Now with better UI but no box to track your current speed. Now I just need to figure out scripting so I can automate encumbrance...

bmos
June 6th, 2020, 00:51
After a crazy 9 hour screen share with a friend, working through scripting new options, I present version 1.2.

Encumbrance from carried weight now applies penalties automatically.
These penalties don't stack with armor, although the worst penalty is chosen (and armor still stacks with other armor).

EDIT: v1.1.2 and v1.2.1 to fix Unity support

RobboNJ69
June 7th, 2020, 01:37
Hello Bmos, Thank you very much for putting this together. This is something I had been hoping for, for quite some time. I did find what I think are a couple bugs. I'm running PFRPG 3.3.10, and tested with no other extensions running. I have a "Test" Character with an 18 Str. So the Ecumbrances should be: 100/200/300.
With the extension active:
1. The Light and Medium encumbrance numbers are the same. It shows 200 / 200 / 300 I noticed this in your video as well.
2. When adding weight, the encumbrance penalties increase, but reducing the weight doesn't reduce the penalties.
EX: Add Test Item.
Make Weight 50 = No encumbrance (good)
Make Weight 100 = No Encumbrance (good) (still considered light)
Make Weight 125 = No Encumbrance (bad) medium should be 101-200
Make Weight 201 = Max 3 / -3 Skill Chk (bad) heavy should be 201-300
Make Weight 301 = Max 1 / -6
Make Weight 5 = Max 1 / -6 remains.
The weight shows correct at the bottom, with each weight change, but the penalties never go back down.

Thank you again for all the work you're putting into this. I hope my detailed testing helps.

bmos
June 7th, 2020, 11:42
Hello Bmos, Thank you very much for putting this together. This is something I had been hoping for, for quite some time. I did find what I think are a couple bugs. I'm running PFRPG 3.3.10, and tested with no other extensions running. I have a "Test" Character with an 18 Str. So the Ecumbrances should be: 100/200/300.
With the extension active:
1. The Light and Medium encumbrance numbers are the same. It shows 200 / 200 / 300 I noticed this in your video as well.
2. When adding weight, the encumbrance penalties increase, but reducing the weight doesn't reduce the penalties.
EX: Add Test Item.
Make Weight 50 = No encumbrance (good)
Make Weight 100 = No Encumbrance (good) (still considered light)
Make Weight 125 = No Encumbrance (bad) medium should be 101-200
Make Weight 201 = Max 3 / -3 Skill Chk (bad) heavy should be 201-300
Make Weight 301 = Max 1 / -6
Make Weight 5 = Max 1 / -6 remains.
The weight shows correct at the bottom, with each weight change, but the penalties never go back down.

Thank you again for all the work you're putting into this. I hope my detailed testing helps.

This is great! Thanks for doing such precise testing.

EDIT: Part of this is an issue with an assumption I made about how encumbrance values are displayed in FG. I was under the impression that exceeding the medium load figure is what gives you penalties. It makes a lot more sense for it to be greater than light, so I've switched it to the right variable now :)

EDIT 2: I've fixed the light load box in my test environment (I had copy/pasted the wrong variable, oops!) and now I'm working on it not resetting to zero. This actually occurred during pre-release testing, but I thought I had it fixed before release. Apparently not :D

bmos
June 7th, 2020, 20:48
Here's v1.2.2. It still isn't perfect (it doesn't handle shield + armor interactions correctly yet).
The weight encumbrance plays right with armor now and is disabled when not needed.
I think I fixed the label being invisible in Unity too, but I haven't checked it yet.

EDIT: Looks like this has broken new things :D
The strength-based encumberance values aren't updating anymore.
Will hopefully re-upload tomorrow sometime if I can get it working.

bmos
June 8th, 2020, 12:23
Looks like my script is causing FG to ignore the script that recalculates the carrying capacities.
Doing some more testing and refinement on it before re-releasing.

RobboNJ69
June 10th, 2020, 18:32
Thanks for looking into that!

Asgurgolas
June 11th, 2020, 15:35
Can't wait for it <3

bmos
June 11th, 2020, 15:43
Can't wait for it <3
Thanks for the enthusiasm :)
Previously mentioned bugs seem to be all fixed.
Final major bug (that I'm aware of) is coin weight not triggering encumbrance until equipment is dropped/equipped/carried.
We're so close! :D

EDIT: 1.2.3 is now released (without that bug) ! Have at it and please pass along any problems or suggestions.

RobboNJ69
June 11th, 2020, 22:14
Outstanding! Trying it now.

RobboNJ69
June 12th, 2020, 21:36
Hello bmos,
Here is what I found from testing:
Pathfinder Ruleset, 3.3.10, All other extensions turned off.

Light/Med/Heavy showing perfectly.
Test 1
Test Item 5lbs.; no encumbrance penalty - Good
Change weight to 150 (med. enc.); the weight carried increases, but no change to the Skill Check or Max Stat. There should be penalties.

Test 2
Remove Test Item, Drag & Add Full Plate from "Items"; Weight is showing 50lbs, but no penalties, even after checking the armor circle and the armor is showing 'equipped' - Should be 1 Dex/ -6 Skill. The armor's details showed the correct penalties, they were just being ignored.

When I restarted and disabled the extension, the Plate penalties couldn't be applied even when changing from carried to equipped and checking the armor circle. I had to re-drag the plate in to get the penalties to be recognized.

Also, normally, when the armor is dragged over, the armor check circle is automatically checked and the penalties turned on. It seems as though something is stripping the penalties/max dex out from the 'back end' when dragged from the Items, but still showed them in the equipment details, along with cost and description, etc.

I hope that helps. And as always, thanks for the time you're spending. Though, my players were not as excited as I was about the weight of their 12,000 coins being calculated!

bmos
June 12th, 2020, 22:05
My players were not as excited as I was about the weight of their 12,000 coins being calculated!
Well that was inevitable! I was amazed to see how much weight my players are carrying around!
Encumbrance is a dirty word with many people, because of how hard it can be to track. It's a core part of the game's balance, so hopefully this mod makes following this rule more achievable without headache.

Thanks again for being so clear about your testing methodology. Just to be extra sure, the Test 1 issue is that it doesn't recalculate if you change the weight of an item? If so, try out v1.2.4+. I had wondered if that would be an issue, but had assumed very few people would be changing the weight of carried items. Obviously I was wrong, so 1.2.4+ now triggers recalculation when you change the weight of an item.

EDIT: I noticed that deleting an item that causes you to be encumbered leaves the encumbrance penalty active. I've added it to the issues tracker (https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/issues). EDIT 2: I just posted 1.2.5 to incorporate this fix also.

No luck reproducing the second issue you noticed, can you confirm that it's still happening for you? I changed a little backend stuff in 1.2.5 that might help.

RobboNJ69
June 14th, 2020, 21:17
Hello!
We're close! The two issues I described are fixed and working fine. A new wrinkle came up when adding any Shield with a Dex or Skill penalty. The error below pops up immediately after dragging and dropping it onto your inventory. This also happens after you add a shield and you change any weight on any other item carried. So having the offending shield in your inventory breaks the recalculation of weights/encumbrance, not just when first adding it.

After you take the shield off, everything works fine.
Adding a second set of armor does not trigger the error, so it isn't just the second instance of a Dex/Skill penalty, but something shield specific.

It also doesn't do it when adding the Lion Shield, or Darkwood or Mithral Shield - only ones with the Dex/Skill penalty.

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:81: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:81: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount2) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinname3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount4) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount5) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount6) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (treasureload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (totalload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinamount3a) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount2) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinname3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount4) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount5) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount6) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (treasureload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (totalload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinamount3a) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

bmos
June 14th, 2020, 23:29
Found a few more bugs and started color coding the penalties based on their source. Maroon = weight encumbrance.
This isn't really dialed in yet because I can't figure out how to make it happen on its own (without the character having to drop/carry an item).
v1.2.6

I'm not seeing any issues with a tower shield on this update so I think it's fixed that issue too :)

EDIT: I added 1.2.7 with GM settings. You can turn on/off coin weight, encumbrance penalties, and color-coding of the encumbrance penalties (that one is still not working 100%) individually in settings.

EDIT 2: I just posted 1.2.7.1 to make color-coding the encumbrance work all the time (at least in my testing).

bmos
June 15th, 2020, 20:24
Very slow day today, so I managed to almost finish version 1.3 (automated spell failure)!
Here is a sneak peek of it triggering off of only somatic spells. It also knows which classes can ignore it for shields, light armor, ect.

Between now and release I need to figure out how to have it roll automatically and trigger from one more place.

RobboNJ69
June 15th, 2020, 21:01
Sweet! Looks great. At the risk of sounding greedy... any chance of auto applying the Skill Mods?

This is the manual version we use in the combat tracker:
Encumbrance Penalty; SKILL: -3, acrobatics, climb, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth, swim;

And by the way... everything is working well with the encumbrance and the shields, from what I can see.

Thank you very much for your work on this.

bmos
June 15th, 2020, 21:03
Sweet! Looks great. At the risk of sounding greedy... any chance of auto applying the Skill Mods?

This is the manual version we use in the combat tracker:
Encumbrance Penalty; SKILL: -3, acrobatics, climb, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth, swim;

And by the way... everything is working well with the encumbrance and the shields, from what I can see.

Thank you very much for your work on this.They are actually applied already to the skills with the little breastplate icon, I just hadn't mentioned it :)

So glad to hear things are working!!

Feedback and new ideas are much appreciated!

bmos
June 18th, 2020, 13:55
*Medieval Trumpets*

v1.3 is now out with automatic spell failure rolls. As usual, you can turn it off in settings.
I also left in the option to allow it to prompt in chat without auto rolling.

Next up: Including STR bonuses from effects in the carrying capacity calculations and then the skill effect you mentioned (which I thought was already happening but actually isn't -- it applies penalties for armor but not for encumbrance).

Kelrugem
June 19th, 2020, 19:18
*Medieval Trumpets*

v1.3 is now out with automatic spell failure rolls. As usual, you can turn it off in settings.
I also left in the option to allow it to prompt in chat without auto rolling.

Next up: Including STR bonuses from effects in the carrying capacity calculations and then the skill effect you mentioned (which I thought was already happening but actually isn't -- it applies penalties for armor but not for encumbrance).

Just be careful when it is about effects affecting the character sheet :) Here some thread about it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet# (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet)

Especially, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet&p=466265&viewfull=1#post466265

Trenloe and Celestian point out some things there :) (there can a lot of things go wrong :) Normally one should use the adjustment field in the sheet for such effect stuff when one wants to adjust the numbers shortly :) Of course, with effects affecting that would be nicer :)

bmos
June 19th, 2020, 19:53
Just be careful when it is about effects affecting the character sheet :) Here some thread about it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet# (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet)

Especially, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet&p=466265&viewfull=1#post466265

Trenloe and Celestian point out some things there :) (there can a lot of things go wrong :) Normally one should use the adjustment field in the sheet for such effect stuff when one wants to adjust the numbers shortly :) Of course, with effects affecting that would be nicer :)All very accurate concerns, I appreciate the very relevant threads!

I think I'm going to be okay because I'm not adding the value to any pre-existing values.
There is already a box in the strength adjustment pop-up that allows one to modify their str so I changed the db entry for that box to manualstradj and made a new box called effectsstradj and i sum the two boxes to fill in stradj. that way I don't overwrite anything.
I actually have it working but but I'm having a hard time moving between the necessary db nodes to make it work before the manual str has been updated (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59219-Moving-from-player-id-in-CT-to-charsheet&p=519969#post519969) (which is how it gets the right databasenode).

EDIT: I guess it would be nice to leave the character's stradj value in an 'exportable' state, I think I could make a few changes so that will be possible...

Kelrugem
June 19th, 2020, 20:01
All very accurate concerns, I appreciate the very relevant threads!

I think I'm going to be okay because I'm not adding the value to any pre-existing values.
There is already a box in the strength adjustment pop-up that allows one to modify their str so I changed the db entry for that box to manualstradj and made a new box called effectsstradj and i sum the two boxes to fill in stradj. that way I don't overwrite anything.
I actually had it working the other day but I'm having a hard time moving between the necessary db nodes.

Ah, that is a good idea to have an extra box, then it is easy to correct values whenever something went wrong :)

bmos
June 20th, 2020, 13:51
Ah, that is a good idea to have an extra box, then it is easy to correct values whenever something went wrong :)
Thanks again for that thread, it made this so much simpler!
I hadn't considered modifying the script that adds stradj and strength to have it also add another variable, but doing so keeps the database values clean (enough) and really simplified my code!

1.3.1.0. with skill penalties for encumbrance and live carrying capacity based on effects in the combat tracker should drop in the next day or two after I've gone through it a couple more times looking for any issues.
It does seem to be working fully now though :)

Kelrugem
June 20th, 2020, 14:18
Thanks again for that thread, it made this so much simpler!
I hadn't considered modifying the script that adds stradj and strength to have it also add another variable, but doing so keeps the database values clean (enough) and really simplified my code!

1.3.1.0. with skill penalties for encumbrance and live carrying capacity based on effects in the combat tracker should drop in the next day or two after I've gone through it a couple more times looking for any issues.
It does seem to be working fully now though :)

Thanks, too :)

That gave me the idea to do the same for my CL effect :D That would solve the visual glitch I observed in that thread :) (technically, it is working but some displays may show wrong numbers though the correct one is then used in the combat) May make it easier to code :) (but sadly my thesis is a big time sink at the moment)

bmos
June 20th, 2020, 18:20
I was going to wait a little longer, but I realized that one of my scripts was crashing when it went to roll spell failure on a spell without components listed (i forgot an if statement for that).
So here it is with that fix too, and I hope that it's as stable as it seems!
https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.3.1.0

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 02:35
V1.3.2
I noticed that half-plate is supposed to be max dex zero, but fantasygrounds doesn't support that! This kind of bugged me, swe went at it again and implemented a workaround.
I didn't include a setting for it, because IMO it's a bug in the ruleset that should get fixed (although I totally get why it would be hard to fix 'correctly' as it would require most/all modules to be updated).

The workaround implemented in the mod is to specifically allow zero dex for any armor containing the name Fortress plate, Half-plate, Lamellar (iron), Lamellar (stone coat), or Splint mail. It doesn't override what's listed in the item page, it just makes the max stat of those items respect a zero entered in the maxstat box. This list can be easily added to by opening the extension and modifying the list in scripts/encumbrance_globals.lua. This is also now where you can go to change the number of coins in one unit of weight, or the encumbrance penalties (for homebrew). If you need to turn off max dex zero on one of these items rather than changing the extension to ignore that type, you can set the max dex of that armor to -1 (which is hardcoded in to disable the max dex on that item).

It also leaves the penalties boxes blank when nothing is entered, doesn't allow positive check penalties, caps spell failure at 100% (for manually set check penalties), and doesn't allow negative max dex numbers (except -1 which is used as an 'off' override).

https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/1.3.2

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 17:48
About your spell failure roll: I didn't test it yet but it could probably be that your extension will now be in conflict with several of my extensions :) I try to make them compatible at some point whenever I have time for coding again :) (Phixation and rmilmine also made already a request for compatibility, so a lot for me to do with the next update for my extensions :D)

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 18:51
Any idea which extensions?
I'd be happy to do some testing and see if there is anything I can fix on my end (or at the very least make turning off that feature fix compatibility issues if possible).
I use a bunch of your extensions and, although none of my players have had to roll spell failure yet, I just haven't run into any problems.

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 18:54
Any idea which extensions?
I'd be happy to do some testing and see if there is anything I can fix on my end (or at the very least make turning off that feature fix compatibility issues if possible).
I use a bunch of your extensions and, although none of my players have had to roll spell failure yet, I just haven't run into any problems.

maybe the save versus tags one? I edited a lot with respect to spell casting, too, therefore my assumption that it could be in conflict (though I have a loadorder in my extensions, so my guess is, when there is a conflict, that I may overwrite your spell failure roll such that it won't roll at all :) )

I can try to take a look later :)

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 19:05
maybe the save versus tags one? I edited a lot with respect to spell casting, too, therefore my assumption that it could be in conflict (though I have a loadorder in my extensions, so my guess is, when there is a conflict, that I may overwrite your spell failure roll such that it won't roll at all :) )That's my favorite one :D

I don't think there will be incompatibilities as, although we both modify record_spell_entry, we are modifying different parts.
https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/campaign/record_spell_entry.xml

Everything else spell-failure-related is just simple getValue type stuff with some logic to work with the values it gets.
https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/scripts/spell_failure.lua

EDIT: Yup, I'm not seeing any issues with that one :) Unfortunately, Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO makes the roll message not show up.

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 19:35
That's my favorite one :D

I don't think there will be incompatibilities as, although we both modify record_spell_entry, we are modifying different parts.
https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/campaign/record_spell_entry.xml

Everything else spell-failure-related is just simple getValue type stuff with some logic to work with the values it gets.
https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/scripts/spell_failure.lua

EDIT: Yup, I'm not seeing any issues with that one :) Unfortunately, Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO makes the roll message not show up.

ah, thanks for looking :D

Interesting, I didn't expect that the advanced 3.5e and PF stuff is messing it up. I will note that for compatibility thing :)

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 20:26
It seems registerResultHandler isn't registering the handler or is being overrode.

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 20:35
It seems registerResultHandler isn't registering the handler or is being overrode.

Ah, I see, then I probably have to register your resultHandler, too. I had a similar problem with the compatibility with the mirror image handler of darrenan: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension&p=499024&viewfull=1#post499024

I have not figured out yet why this sometimes happens by the extensions :) But that also means that I can easily fix it, or you could try to add a loadorder (maybe a loadorder of 55 or so) :) then your resulthandler is hopefully correctly loaded, but it may then overwrite some others instead :D (like the mirror image one) Hence, maybe the best when I add this handler to my code, too :)

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 20:50
Too funny, I just came across that peeking at your code. Changing

if MirrorImageHandler then
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
end

to

ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
end
if SpellFailure then
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("spellfailure", SpellFailure.spellFailureMessage);
end

seems to be all it takes.
I wonder why that is, it would seem unlikely that only one extension can be using ResultHandlers at a time.

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 22:08
Too funny, I just came across that peeking at your code. Changing

end

to

end
if SpellFailure then
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("spellfailure", SpellFailure.spellFailureMessage);
end

seems to be all it takes.
I wonder why that is, it would seem unlikely that only one extension can be using ResultHandlers at a time.

That's funny, and I also still do not understand why this is needed :D I will add that then to my extension, thanks for looking at the code :)

bmos
June 23rd, 2020, 12:18
v1.3.3 now released :)

Lowers the character speed accordingly, unless equipped armor is already slowing the character more
Adds a cute logo to the load announcement :D
Fixes a potential nil value error

https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/1.3.3

hangarflying
June 23rd, 2020, 16:33
Not directly related to this extension, but adjacent to it: I know you can indicate whether items are carried/worn/dropped and that would affect the encumbrance, but does FG have containers so instead of having to individually drop each item that you are carrying in your backpack, you can just drop the backpack?

Asgurgolas
June 23rd, 2020, 18:19
Just set it as the container itself in the location field o.o

dunno, you get those 20 lbs of soap, and in the location column you type "backpack" (if you have a backpack). If the syntax matches, it moves the item there and you just need to bother with the "container" itself for checking weight

bmos
June 23rd, 2020, 20:05
Not directly related to this extension, but adjacent to it: I know you can indicate whether items are carried/worn/dropped and that would affect the encumbrance, but does FG have containers so instead of having to individually drop each item that you are carrying in your backpack, you can just drop the backpack?It sure does :D
Like Asgurgolas says, it's pretty simple:
Just type a name like "backpack" into the location field to the right of the item's name and press tab. The item will nest itself under backpack(which will be created if it doesn't already exist) and carrying/equipping/dropping the backpack will do the same to its contents. The location field also autocompletes with the names of items in your inventory as you type. I usually get my characters a few belt pouches so I can categorize my inventory when it gets unwieldy. You can also also just make 'fake' weightless items like "potions" or something if you want to group them together in your inventory.

It's very convenient, except for bags of holding (which have their own weight but their contents have no weight). Making the program aware of that aspect of bags of holding would actually be pretty nice too...

bmos
June 25th, 2020, 00:47
v1.4.0 - https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Combat tracker effects with the format SPEED: 5 or SPEED: -10 now work to increase/decrease the number on the character sheet.
In addition, Exhausted or Fatigued now decreases the carrying capacity while Entangled and Exhausted reduce speed to half. If the character is disabled (hp = wounds), speed is reduced to half.

A variety of code improvements and bugfixes as well :D

Asgurgolas
June 28th, 2020, 00:01
Since I royally suck at programming.

I was wondering if it's doable to make a new field for how much a char's current inventory is worth. (you know, a field specifying the total worth of the sum of every identified item on the character sheet. It's annoying to move every item from an inventory to party sheet and "sell it" just to check the equipment worth of stuff (ya know, to be sure everyone is having the necessary gp value of items for their levels). Just the identified ones tho, "unidentified items" would have to be not counted (since many players would try guessing based on value difference). Or if not on the character sheet itself, on the party sheet (among the gm-only fields)

Just hoping nobody's gonna shoot me in the head for asking :°D

bmos
June 28th, 2020, 00:36
Since I royally suck at programming.
I was wondering if it's doable to make a new field for how much a char's current inventory is worth. (you know, a field specifying the total worth of the sum of every identified item on the character sheet. It's annoying to move every item from an inventory to party sheet and "sell it" just to check the equipment worth of stuff (ya know, to be sure everyone is having the necessary gp value of items for their levels). Just the identified ones tho, "unidentified items" would have to be not counted (since many players would try guessing based on value difference). Or if not on the character sheet itself, on the party sheet (among the gm-only fields)
Just hoping nobody's gonna shoot me in the head for asking :°D
Added to the 'wishlist.' I'd like to see that, too!

Just gonna take a moment to plug my new extension here.
PFRPG Live Hitpoints from Constitution (which as with this extension is named with some oversimplification) (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59500-PFRPG-Live-Hitpoints-from-Constitution-Extension)

Asgurgolas
June 28th, 2020, 01:54
That hp extension looks tasty :D *checks it out*

bmos
June 28th, 2020, 03:44
v1.4.1 now factors strength damage into carrying capacity and fixes the two red error messages i must have missed in 1.4.0.
I'm going to look into that total inventory value request next.

bmos
June 28th, 2020, 12:52
Does your character wish there was a magic item like a bag of holding but... bigger?
During downtime, do they spread all their items out and appraise them? Are they saving for Scrooge McDuck's pool of gold?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, have I got an update for you!

This extension now shows your overall inventory value at the top of the treasure box on the Inventory tab.
I can add an option to enable/disable this if you'd rather not know, but for now it's always on.

Note: only works for items with cost field populated in format of 'N gp' 'N pp' and the like, with N being a number.

v1.5.1 - bugfix to allow for items with strange characters in their values (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.5.1)

Asgurgolas
June 28th, 2020, 16:05
I so love you! <3

Little note: when you set the rulesets, it's 3.5E... if you just put "3.5" for some reasons it doesn't work (at least for me)

Asgurgolas
June 28th, 2020, 16:11
Just tested it.
For some reason, your extension taks the "," in prices as a decimal dot... I tried with bracers of armor +6 (priced as 36,000 gp), and your script takes it as "36 gp".

I can still modify each entry in the inventory to remove that comma tho.

Also, some items just don't register on the script for some reason (bag of holding type II for example, no matter how much I set its cost or how many I dump in an inventory, it's still "0" for the script)

Zygmunt Molotch
June 28th, 2020, 16:51
with these two mods, encumbrance and HP modifiers, you've eliminated two of my biggest bugbears about FG, thanks

gunna have to make a list of other things.... (coins in party sheet not decreasing when dragged by players to their sheets, comes to mind, conversely or having someway of locking the items in the party sheet, so it's ALL distributed by GM, rather than coins by GM and items grabbed by players...)

bmos
June 28th, 2020, 17:20
with these two mods, encumbrance and HP modifiers, you've eliminated two of my biggest bugbears about FG, thanks

gunna have to make a list of other things.... (coins in party sheet not decreasing when dragged by players to their sheets, comes to mind, conversely or having someway of locking the items in the party sheet, so it's ALL distributed by GM, rather than coins by GM and items grabbed by players...)Glad you like them :) Thanks for the ideas!

Just tested it.
For some reason, your extension taks the "," in prices as a decimal dot... I tried with bracers of armor +6 (priced as 36,000 gp), and your script takes it as "36 gp".

I can still modify each entry in the inventory to remove that comma tho.

Also, some items just don't register on the script for some reason (bag of holding type II for example, no matter how much I set its cost or how many I dump in an inventory, it's still "0" for the script)
Thanks for those edge cases :D
I will be sure to investigate after my game this afternoon! I must admit I did wonder about commas, but the items I tested with didn't have any.

Asgurgolas
June 29th, 2020, 00:46
Also some items just don't register at all for some reason.

But I still love it!

bmos
June 29th, 2020, 00:56
Also some items just don't register at all for some reason.
But I still love it!Good evening :)
I just wrapped up my game 30min ago and just finished re-writing the code that recalculates the total so that it ignores characters other than numbers.
Before i release, I'm trying to track down some errors that my players were getting (I think I had another incompatible mod). I actually had to run the game without this turned on due to the incompatibility.
That being said, I have a lot of mods so it makes sense.

Don't worry about the items that aren't being counted, the code is now much more tolerant so it is probably already fixed in upcoming release.
If not, please try to find what is different about how the item cost is formatted.

EDIT: Posted 1.5.2 with the new code, no luck regarding what happened in my game... maybe I'll test again with the old version, I might have fixed it by doing this.

Asgurgolas
June 29th, 2020, 02:17
This is an example of my test character. I put in its inventory an Handy Haversack (2000) and a set of Bracers of Armor +6 (36,000). They both register as "0" though if I take a random Full Plate and unload it in the inventory (priced as 1,500), it does actually and completely register it as 1500. Yet the "mithral full plate of Speed" (26,500), taken from the item database, registers as "0" too.

Though I just noticed this popped out

bmos
June 29th, 2020, 02:52
It looks like I might have been wrong about the , being sorted now hehe
I'll see what I can do about that.

EDIT: Posted v1.5.3. I think it should work for those items now. If not, it'll be a problem for another day :)

Asgurgolas
June 29th, 2020, 03:52
Alright, I'll check it now...

... And same errors pop out, same items aren't calculated :/

oh well, good night XD it'll be for another day! (and naturally, thank you for all the work you already did so far!)

bmos
June 29th, 2020, 12:23
Alright, I'll check it now...

... And same errors pop out, same items aren't calculated :/

oh well, good night XD it'll be for another day! (and naturally, thank you for all the work you already did so far!)Hmm. I'm not seeing errors and the price of items with commas are being calculated on my end. When the error pop up, see if any are red (scroll in that error window) since the orange errors aren't a big deal (I do want to fix those orange ones eventually though) and won't be visible unless a red error is in the list, too.

Are you sure you have the latest version 1.5.3? I'm not seeing any issues with the item you're testing with as of 1.5.3.
I forgot to include a link when I released it, maybe you are still on 1.5.2?
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.5.3

Here is a test build that stops most of those ruleset warnings, so it's easier to see the real error.

Asgurgolas
June 29th, 2020, 16:34
Yes, you did forget including a link but your upload site already had it on :P I just tried the 1.5.4. beta and the matter persists (both the "worthless" items and the orange errors. But, I found a way to fix it altough it's pretty annoying:

Whenever I put in inventory an item that deems to have "no value", I have to open its panel, identify it/unidentify it a couple times, then set its quantity to 3, and back to 1. Then it calculates it as it should. I wonder why (yeah I did all kinds of testing these days XD)

it also may be enough to just identify/unidentify a couple times (I just click the "ID" icon 4 times now), gotta test it

Yep, identifying/unidentifying an item does the job, then just stimulate the calculation (by increasing quantity of any one item to at least 3 and back to 1) and it works o.o
It's still faster than using the party sheet :°D

bmos
June 29th, 2020, 19:11
At least there is a workaround hehe
That is quite the behavior, though.

What module are the items from?
Everything in the core rulebook seems to be formatted without commas and when I add them manually it doesn't trigger the errors you get.

Also, since the total is kind of hard to read after about 50k (no digit grouping) I think I'll add a half space between each group of three digits.

Asgurgolas
June 29th, 2020, 20:33
hmm I have the standard database from FG and lots of things I added myself; but the "bug" appears to exist indipendently from the source: some items from the standard DB don't work, and some of those I created DO work

bmos
June 29th, 2020, 22:04
hmm I have the standard database from FG and lots of things I added myself; but the "bug" appears to exist indipendently from the source: some items from the standard DB don't work, and some of those I created DO work

By standard DB, do you mean the SRD content that comes pre-bundled?
I've never used that stuff (I buy the official content so it has pictures and such) so I'll see if it's related to the issue.
I ask because I've tried at least 15 items from the core rulebook without any errors, so clearly something is different!
This is only only extension that you have loaded during testing, right?

EDIT: Woohoo! I have reproduced the issue! Looks like the "PFRPG Magic Items" module contains lots of items that are formatted differently. They lack the "isidentified" value until you toggle it off and on again. Pretty sure I can code around this omission. I'd bet there are items in other modules like this, too.

EDIT2: It now assumes everything is identified unless it's specifically marked as not identified (before it was the inverse of that).

See attached PFRPG.Total.Encumbrance.v1.5.4-beta.2.ext. It also makes the total number easier to read.

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 00:59
And it seems to work! Altough I still get loads of errors in that debug panel, this time I got one red line!

Edit: some items still won't work (masterwork tools, for example), everburning torch and the price value I set on the adamantine body of a warforged character (tried with 4000) and a bunch more. Still, it's improving and I'm happy :D

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 01:13
Awesome! Thanks!
Here is a better version based on that help

If you can zip up and send your campaign folder(except images and tokens) I might be able to figure the rest out without you having to do so much testing.
Really weird that I'm not getting these issues.

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 01:29
Hmm... the orange lines all disappeared, but the red one remained (every time I try to place/remove something from the inventory of THAT one character, haven't tried every single other chars but another couple I tried work just fine)

Ignore the very first line (the aura thing), it's another test I started running now (I wanted to figure out if that aura thing works in 3.5.. it kinda does, but it also triggers all sorts of errors)

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 01:35
Do you have other extensions loaded during this testing?
If so, please try without them?

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 01:53
It does that even with only that single one extension set

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 02:02
It does that even with only that single one extension set
You know the drill :P

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 02:23
Ok: I don't wanna jinx it but it looks like it's working ALRIGHT now :°D Yeeee!! (what was causing the problem?)
I'll eventually test more characters and items later in the future, but so far it didn't trigger anything wrong. The spell failure part never worked for me tho.

wait, I tried opening a player client. It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o

Want me to paste you the humongous wall of errors? (which I warn you, it's very large). It "seems" to work fine after spewing out thousands of error lines, though. Over 6000.

I have a D&D session tomorrow evening, so I'll have more people to help for more testing :P

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 02:50
Ok: I don't wanna jinx it but it looks like it's working ALRIGHT now :°D Yeeee!! (what was causing the problem?)
I'll eventually test more characters and items later in the future, but so far it didn't trigger anything wrong. The spell failure part never worked for me tho.

wait, I tried opening a player client. It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o

Want me to paste you the humongous wall of errors? (which I warn you, it's very large). It "seems" to work fine after spewing out thousands of error lines, though. Over 6000.

I have a D&D session tomorrow evening, so I'll have more people to help for more testing :P

I actually know about the player bug, I had to turn them off for my last session :(
I'm trying to figure that out next. It's very strange because it works without errors even when I connect to myself in my fresh 'test' campaign but not any of my actual campaigns.

The issue we finally did get sorted was that for some reason some of your items were returning a nil value in an unexpected way so I made it just ignore that edge case.
Progress at least :)

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 03:30
Way to go! If I was younger and still had my memory and concentration abilities, I'd learn how to script things too and help out (by now even if I open any of those files, it's utterly incomprehensible to me)

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 12:52
Way to go! If I was younger and still had my memory and concentration abilities, I'd learn how to script things too and help out (by now even if I open any of those files, it's utterly incomprehensible to me)Live Hitpoints from Constitution is actually pretty understandable if you want a jumping-off-point. Rewriting the documentation on Real Encumbrance is a big task in my to do list (I'm not surprised it's confusing right now!).

It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o
I have just posted 1.5.4 which should fix this issue (TM) (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.5.4)

Thanks to Trenloe and supperteddy57 for the assistance (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59561-setValue-Unable-to-create-node&p=522619#post522619).

Hopefully just in time :)

Asgurgolas
June 30th, 2020, 17:04
Actually... not >.<

the "beta" file you gave me yesterday DOES work tough

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 17:14
oh! I see what happened. Paul rewrote some of the math (which was good because it had some dumb before) but he missed that aspect as he started working on it before I posted that change). Here is a version with all the fixes in one place :)

The beta from yesterday fixed the nil error but the nil error came back in the new build (which was focused on fixing the huge wall of errors issue).

bmos
June 30th, 2020, 22:41
v1.6.0-beta is now released with support for kilograms :)
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta

While it is beta as the feature is new and likely not completely tested, I think it might actually work better for some people than the regular version.

Zygmunt Molotch
July 1st, 2020, 01:04
the new feature you have that is the Total Inventory Value, is the offending bit of code, I reckon

errors galore

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'TrimmedItemCost' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'TrimmedItemCost' (a nil value)

it doesn't like items with zero weight, i.e. potions and anything else miscellaneous

this is with PFRPG.Total.Encumbrance.v1.5.4

you can certainly calm it down for a few moments by replacing zeroes with 0.01, but it only gets you a short while, presumably while the inventory is checked again

I could of course be well off the mark, and it's something else entirely...

bmos
July 1st, 2020, 01:13
Strange, it doesn't seem to have any issues with those types of items in my campaign, but it seems like the community and srd modules (if that is what you're using) are structured differently from the official ones.
I've got items with cost of -, empty cost, no weight, potions, scrolls, all kinds of stuff and am not seeing those errors which makes testing for them difficult. Thanks for taking the time to report them.

I changed that section, hopefully it will solve this for you.

Zygmunt Molotch
July 1st, 2020, 01:56
I have most of the official modules, I will give it a go in a moment, see if I can make it spit out anything else!

for reference 1.5.1 worked absolutely fine... so it's something between the two 1.5.1-1.5.4

ok, so now

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:94: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nTrimmedItemCost' (a nil value)

line 94?

bmos
July 1st, 2020, 02:10
for reference 1.5.1 worked absolutely fine... so it's something between the two 1.5.1-1.5.4
Yes, the section that is erroring was completely re-written for clarity, conciseness, and to avoid other potential issues. As usual, the result has been initially sub-optimal but the change will be worth it in the long run.

The attached beta should keep that whole section from running if there isn't anything there.

EDIT: beta builds removed as issue has been fixed in 1.6.1

Asgurgolas
July 1st, 2020, 02:49
Nice! I'll check it after I'm done here (D&D session just ended, now I'mma go grab some food and compile notes. And yes, it's 3.45 AM here but I'm totally not sleepy)

bmos
July 1st, 2020, 02:53
Nice! I'll check it after I'm done here (D&D session just ended, now I'mma go grab some food and compile notes. And yes, it's 3.45 AM here but I'm totally not sleepy)I know that feeling! GMing is a really crazy cup of coffee haha
I hope you had a fun session.

Asgurgolas
July 1st, 2020, 03:14
Session was fun. Dice weren't.. I mean, level 8 spellcaster trying to kill a drow with SR 12. 5 rounds of continuous fail XD
Level 8 fighter with +13 to attack willing to rain two-handed death on said drow (AC: 16). Do you think he ever hit then and in the following rounds?

Said drow attempted to murder a half-naked level 7 flat-footed elf wizard (AC like, 14) -> kept missing.

The one combat that would usually last 2, 3 rounds top went on for 13

bmos
July 1st, 2020, 10:44
Session was fun. Dice weren't.. I mean, level 8 spellcaster trying to kill a drow with SR 12. 5 rounds of continuous fail XD
Level 8 fighter with +13 to attack willing to rain two-handed death on said drow (AC: 16). Do you think he ever hit then and in the following rounds?

Said drow attempted to murder a half-naked level 7 flat-footed elf wizard (AC like, 14) -> kept missing.

The one combat that would usually last 2, 3 rounds top went on for 13Sometimes the dice are in your favor, sometimes they want you dead :D

bmos
July 2nd, 2020, 19:08
I finally reproduced the nil issue! The item "cards" caused it to come up because it has a value of "1 sp-100 gp".
This sort of format is also used for hats and other items of varying value.

Technically, this is a data-entry issue as the player or GM should enter the correct value when the item is purchased, but I plan to ignore any item values that contain a "-" to keep the apparent-bugginess at bay.

If, after the next release (v1.6.1) anyone encounters errors including "sTrimmedItemCost" or "nTrimmedItemCost", please send me your db.xml file and tell me which character's inventory triggers the error message.

v1.6.1 - bugfix for nil values in processItemCost (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.6.1)

EDIT: ran a 5th level game with 5 players this evening with both of my extensions enabled and didn't have any errors (and the extensions worked) :)

Zygmunt Molotch
July 3rd, 2020, 08:42
ah, yes the undefined price items
-removed, I was wrong nothing seems to be listed as a dice value

bmos
July 3rd, 2020, 10:51
ah, yes the undefined price items

does this fix also cover miscellaneous loot values, Pyrite, Turquoise etc, all of which have undefined 'rollable' values of coin, (I guess this is what was causing my game crashes, because I wont assign a value to those 'rocks' until they attempt to sell them... and pass some bluff/sense motive checks ;-) )That's quite the edge case, as well. I don't see turquoise or anything with dice-based values on d20pfsrd, where are you getting those items from?
Can you copy/paste one of the item cost fields so I can see exactly how they're formatted?

Zygmunt Molotch
July 3rd, 2020, 10:57
ah I'm wrong, sorry

they're in Ultimate Equipment, listed as 5gp, but it's their notes field that is +2d4 and so on (and that wont affect it as it's purely notes)

scratch that, their value was listed as 5 gp, can't be that then!

must have been the hats!

bmos
July 3rd, 2020, 12:22
ah I'm wrong, sorry
they're in Ultimate Equipment, listed as 5gp, but it's their notes field that is +2d4 and so on (and that wont affect it as it's purely notes)
scratch that, their value was listed as 5 gp, can't be that then!
must have been the hats!If you give the update another shot and still have errors, you can just send me your DB xml file. I can see what alternative formatting might exist in it (since I know what the extension is vulnerable to).

Unrelated note: v1.6.2 is now out (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.6.2) with a new option to enable/disable the messages in chat about misconfigured items (if you don't care and don't want to empty the cost field for that item or enter a specific value).

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:40
@bmos,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

bmos
July 8th, 2020, 18:30
v1.7.0 now has total character wealth, along with the inventory total (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases)
This saves you all the math of adding coins of different values! Currently supported: gp, pp, sp, cp, ep.

EDIT: v1.7.1 now with a few more fixes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.7.1).

Zygmunt Molotch
July 11th, 2020, 04:13
Got a new error with this one today,

"Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (gmonly) in windowclass (item_main)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:118: attempt to index global 'gmonly' (a nil value)"

Thought you might want to know

unsure origin, it doesn't appear in my main game, but in a test-module game I fiddle with, the item database there is whack, but anyway, an error might need sanitizing, might not!

Also, those inputs you sanitized before for things with indeterminate value, found another one which might need catching , official, "perfect golden lute" (ultimate equipment and ad. players guide), value "+-"

bmos
July 11th, 2020, 11:22
Got a new error with this one today,

"Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (gmonly) in windowclass (item_main)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:118: attempt to index global 'gmonly' (a nil value)"

Thought you might want to know

unsure origin, it doesn't appear in my main game, but in a test-module game I fiddle with, the item database there is whack, but anyway, an error might need sanitizing, might not!

Also, those inputs you sanitized before for things with indeterminate value, found another one which might need catching , official, "perfect golden lute" (ultimate equipment and ad. players guide), value "+-"Thanks! Regarding the "gmonly" error, this is very strange as it's being called from a script that is essentially as released by SmiteWorks. I might be calling it in a strange way, but I'd tend to think it's related to your 'whack item database'. The +- syntax is very strange but shouldn't cause issue since it contains a hyphen (which tells the script to ignore the item and remind in chat that the value is bad). Did it bring up an error for you or just a chat message?

Zygmunt Molotch
July 11th, 2020, 11:43
that wasn't an error, it was just a "might wanna watch that", but you've already handled it... I'll see if that first error comes up anywhere else

bmos
July 11th, 2020, 11:47
that wasn't an error, it was just a "might wanna watch that", but you've already handled it... I'll see if that first error comes up anywhere elseThanks, I can certainly put a nil check before that gmonly bit, if I have to, but I like to avoid changing SmiteWorks' code since it's been tested a lot more than anything I write. That file referenced is not included in my extensions, at this point.

bmos
July 11th, 2020, 12:32
v1.7.2 released (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.7.2) to re-address some more nil value issues discussed here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59500-PFRPG-Live-Hitpoints-from-Constitution-Extension/page3&p=525207#post525207):

I thought I had them dealt with in v1.7.1, but they were still happening when deleting items.
I triggered every handler this time when testing, so this should hopefully be the last update regarding this one!

Asgurgolas
July 22nd, 2020, 23:29
Back I am about the spell failure https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377]from the other thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377)

Meet Ashara, an elven wizard. As you can see, her spell class says "Wizard" and altough you can't see it from here, I just equipped her a full plate armor (35% spell failure). The option for rolling is currently set as "Prompt roll".

This is the chat log, from after a few attempts (random clicking of cast icons; dropping a fireball on a celestial dog on the tracker, and even dropping a random scorching ray on the very same dog. (DISCLAIMER: No celestial dog was actually harmed during the testing).

Yet no roll was prompted in any way: I don't know if anything should appear on the chat anyways. And yes, I tried to disable all other extensions already, but it still doesn't work :(

bmos
July 22nd, 2020, 23:32
Back I am about the spell failure https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377]from the other thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377)

Meet Ashara, an elven wizard. As you can see, her spell class says "Wizard" and altough you can't see it from here, I just equipped her a full plate armor (35% spell failure). The option for rolling is currently set as "Prompt roll".

This is the chat log, from after a few attempts (random clicking of cast icons; dropping a fireball on a celestial dog on the tracker, and even dropping a random scorching ray on the very same dog. (DISCLAIMER: No celestial dog was actually harmed during the testing).

Yet no roll was prompted in any way: I don't know if anything should appear on the chat anyways. And yes, I tried to disable all other extensions already, but it still doesn't work :(A fireball? you monster ;P
The roll is triggered by marking off the spell (or clicking the star icon for cantrips/orisons), not the cast button (since some spells don't have any actions tied to that).

Asgurgolas
July 23rd, 2020, 00:02
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah >___> I never thought of checking that during tests, since personally I mark off a spell only AFTER casting it and applying effects/damage, and seeing its results XD good to know :3 I'm a happy (old) kid now :D

Thank you

bmos
July 23rd, 2020, 00:12
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah >___> I never thought of checking that during tests, since personally I mark off a spell only AFTER casting it and applying effects/damage, and seeing its results XD good to know :3 I'm a happy (old) kid now :D

Thank you
excellent! :D

Kelrugem
July 23rd, 2020, 00:26

Thank you

that is by the way normally a good way, because the spells' entries vanish when in the combat display mode after all uses are gone (therefore I never implemented an automatic off-marking when clicking on the cast button although I thought about it :D). EDIT: So, doing so before one pressed all other buttons leads to that one has to switch the display mode for the other buttons. Therefore it might be a good project to integrate this spell failure into the cast button in save versus tags (when I am allowed to do so), then it is automatically compatible :D Hm, I keep it in mind :) (normally spells always get the cast button by the parser, but some custom spells overwrite this because the developer decided to do so)

Asgurgolas
July 23rd, 2020, 01:12
Something like an IFTAG if the spell has "S" among the components?

bmos
July 23rd, 2020, 01:45
that is by the way normally a good way, because the spells' entries vanish when in the combat display mode after all uses are gone (therefore I never implemented an automatic off-marking when clicking on the cast button although I thought about it :D). EDIT: So, doing so before one pressed all other buttons leads to that one has to switch the display mode for the other buttons. Therefore it might be a good project to integrate this spell failure into the cast button in save versus tags (when I am allowed to do so), then it is automatically compatible :D Hm, I keep it in mind :) (normally spells always get the cast button by the parser, but some custom spells overwrite this because the developer decided to do so)Oh! Good point! You're most welcome to do so. I had originally wanted to use the cast button for it, but couldn't see an easy way to do it without getting into core functionality (and making compatibility hard, most likely). Your extension is already working with some of that stuff, so it would make a lot more sense in yours.

EDIT: I just rewrote the documentation to help it make sense :)
It's pretty straightforward, I think.

Kelrugem
July 23rd, 2020, 02:20
Something like an IFTAG if the spell has "S" among the components?

One could add something like this, too :) (though you can manually add this tag, but I could add such things to the parser) :)

Oh! Good point! You're most welcome to do so!

Cool, thanks :D

Zygmunt Molotch
July 23rd, 2020, 04:51
Can I ask how the .ext determines if the class is arcane, or how to roll for the spell fail or not? is it looking for a S, for somatic in the field? does this have to be capitalized/not, for example

I'm digging into why I can't get it trigger, *sometimes*, I don't know what the sometimes is :D

bmos
July 24th, 2020, 00:23
Can I ask how the .ext determines if the class is arcane, or how to roll for the spell fail or not? is it looking for a S, for somatic in the field? does this have to be capitalized/not, for example

I'm digging into why I can't get it trigger, *sometimes*, I don't know what the sometimes is :D

Great question. Here is the script that has most of the relevant stuff in it (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/blob/master/scripts/spell_failure.lua). I just finished re-writing all the documentation on it, so it should actually be fairly easy to understand.
It requires the "spellset" to be just the class name (like Bard not Bard Spells, for instance), and requires an "S" or " S" as a distinct piece of the string typed in components.
I think there is room for that to be improved, although it gets tricky because I can't just parse for any "s" because sometimes notes are entered there like for material components.
I will change to a non-case sensitive approach in the next update.

Asgurgolas
July 24th, 2020, 02:08
One thing you could do (altough it's not really a real solution) might be to parse for ", S" instead of just for S. I mean, most of the spell components are set as V, S, M in order. So since spells with no verbal component are very rare, one could parse for the sequence of ", S" (from "V, S"), taking the comma and space before that S.

Or not? (I don't really know much about programming anymore, ahaha)

bmos
July 24th, 2020, 04:05
One thing you could do (altough it's not really a real solution) might be to parse for ", S" instead of just for S. I mean, most of the spell components are set as V, S, M in order. So since spells with no verbal component are very rare, one could parse for the sequence of ", S" (from "V, S"), taking the comma and space before that S.

Or not? (I don't really know much about programming anymore, ahaha)

I'm actually treating the components field as comma separated variables, so each thing between commas is treated as its own thing. Then each of those things is compared against "S" or " S" which is effectively the same as what you're describing :)

bmos
July 28th, 2020, 22:16
v1.7.5 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.7.5) now triggers spell failure rolls off the cast button :)

Kelrugem
July 28th, 2020, 22:44
v1.7.5 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.7.5) now triggers spell failure rolls off the cast button :)

cool :) I see in your code that you found a solution without infringements with save versus tags, very cool :D

bmos
July 28th, 2020, 23:06
cool :) I see in your code that you found a solution without infringements with save versus tags, very cool :DI was very happy to see that, too. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, only took two tries once I knew where to look.

I'm planning to break up Total Encumbrance into a few smaller extensions soon, because it was my first extension and almost all of it is running parallel with FG's code rather than integrating with it. I could make it much better now and I think that needs to happen to make encumbrance penalties work in Unity.

An added benefit is that you don't have to integrate it with your extensions, either (although you can if you'd like to, I'm already starting to worry about maintaining all this). :D

EDIT: Spell Failure is now available separately and has been removed from the Total Encumbrance codebase as of v1.7.6 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v1.7.6) (perhaps should have been v1.8.0, I don't always understand semantic versioning): https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Spell-Failure/releases

Kelrugem
July 28th, 2020, 23:42
I was very happy to see that, too. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, only took two tries once I knew where to look.

I'm planning to break up Total Encumbrance into a few smaller extensions soon, because it was my first extension and almost all of it is running parallel with FG's code rather than integrating with it. I could make it much better now and I think that needs to happen to make encumbrance penalties work in Unity.

An added benefit is that you don't have to integrate it with your extensions, either (although you can if you'd like to, I'm already starting to worry about maintaining all this). :D

hehe, I see :)

Lol, yeah, I know the problem of the maintenance :D

Zygmunt Molotch
July 29th, 2020, 05:36

yus!

bmos
July 29th, 2020, 21:03
v1.7.8 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/1.7.8) now supports the trait Armor Expert (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/armor-expert/).

Please note that spell failure has been removed since 1.7.6 and is available here (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Spell-Failure/).

Asgurgolas
July 30th, 2020, 02:27
I think you should just leave the spell failure in (one could just disable it from options) :P But it's my opinion

bmos
July 30th, 2020, 04:21
It actually should make this extension faster, it got pretty slow because I added a lot of things hehe
It also is a simpler implementation that doesn't write to the database.

I know it is harder to keep up with the updates of multiple extensions, but I'm hoping to figure something out for that.
Probably some sort of release schedule (every Tuesday like FG, ideally).

I've been putting out updates way too frequently ;A;

Zygmunt Molotch
July 30th, 2020, 05:24
v1.7.8 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/1.7.8) now supports the trait Armor Expert (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/armor-expert/).

Please note that spell failure has been removed since 1.7.6 and is available here (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Spell-Failure/).

You could probably add a few more feats/abilities in here

the most basic one I can think of is The Fighter "Armor Training", though how to handle scaling, is a question

bmos
July 30th, 2020, 10:56
You could probably add a few more feats/abilities in here

the most basic one I can think of is The Fighter "Armor Training", though how to handle scaling, is a questionThanks for that, I'm all ears for more traits and feats to parse for :) Kind of hard to look up traits and feats by effect! Scaling should be easy, just parse for fighter level.

EDIT: Done :)
I'm also moving to a weekly release schedule (except bug fixes) because this past week has been silly.

bmos
August 4th, 2020, 11:01
v2.0.0 is out! (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v2.0.0)

It is re-implemented to work 100% in Unity (at least as far as I have tested it).
It also adds support for more traits/class features (Muscle of the Society trait, Armor Training fighter class feature)
Finally, max dex of zero works 100% (by following suggestion of Trenloe).
Also added extension version to on-load announcement so users can more easily tell if they are up to date

Asgurgolas
August 5th, 2020, 19:39
Something has gone wrong within the last updates.. the equipment value total got back to when it didn't work unless I identified/unidentified every single item a few times

bmos
August 5th, 2020, 20:25
Something has gone wrong within the last updates.. the equipment value total got back to when it didn't work unless I identified/unidentified every single item a few timesWhen you say it doesn't work, does it skip the value of the items you haven't identified? IIRC I made it default to not-identified which might not be picking up items that you haven't specifically identified. If so, I can just switch that back.
I re-wrote a huge part of it and changed a TON in the last update (to make it work better in Unity and in general once the growing pains are worked out).

Asgurgolas
August 6th, 2020, 01:12
it's just it doesn't automatically recognize any item I "created" in the database anymore: it works with standard items, but I have to manually id/un-id anything I personally made or modified

bmos
August 6th, 2020, 01:24
it's just it doesn't automatically recognize any item I "created" in the database anymore: it works with standard items, but I have to manually id/un-id anything I personally made or modified
I think that is what is happening then. I'll address it.

bmos
August 11th, 2020, 12:30
Here is v2.0.1 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v2.0.1) with a fix for that item identification issue.

v2.0.3 has some more fixes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v2.0.3) and I recorded a new instructional/overview video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-jzwaN5i6s)

WatBot2ndBrkfst
September 3rd, 2020, 22:32
bmos, thank you for your work on this extension and other extensions. It is truly appreciated.

I noticed a slight issue with the extension. If I add ability damage to Strength or change the Strength score, the encumbrance penalties (Max Stat, Skill Chk, and Spell Fail) are not adjusted for the new Strength score automatically. If I toggle any item's state (not carried, carried, or worn), then the correct penalties are shown.

This issue occurs without using any other extensions and with your Ability Drain and Permanent Bonuses extension. I was testing on FGU v4.0.0 PFRPG ruleset.

bmos
September 3rd, 2020, 22:59
bmos, thank you for your work on this extension and other extensions. It is truly appreciated.

I noticed a slight issue with the extension. If I add ability damage to Strength or change the Strength score, the encumbrance penalties (Max Stat, Skill Chk, and Spell Fail) are not adjusted for the new Strength score automatically. If I toggle any item's state (not carried, carried, or worn), then the correct penalties are shown.

This issue occurs without using any other extensions and with your Ability Drain and Permanent Bonuses extension. I was testing on FGU v4.0.0 PFRPG ruleset.Thanks for the bug report. I'll see if I can track it down.
EDIT: all set. (https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-tuesday-41316007)

bmos
September 13th, 2020, 13:18
Basic support for bags of holding/extraplanar storage coming Tuesday (https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-tuesday-41530777) :)

non-equipped items in such storage will have their weight ignored (even if set to 'carried').

Asgurgolas
September 14th, 2020, 17:52
Basic support for bags of holding/extraplanar storage coming Tuesday (https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-tuesday-41530777) :)

non-equipped items in such storage will have their weight ignored (even if set to 'carried').

So kinky I can't wait :°D

dellanx
September 14th, 2020, 21:50
So kinky I can't wait :°D

I use a PC character for a portable hole.

Kelrugem
September 14th, 2020, 21:52
I use a PC character for a portable hole.

That can be misunderstood in so many ways... :D

(Sorry, I blame the internet for corrupting me :D and my friends, I blame them for that, too! :D )

Asgurgolas
September 14th, 2020, 23:00

And that's so awesome I actually appreciate it (in my old age I live by that kind of things, I'm probably the Emperor of corruption by now)

bmos
September 15th, 2020, 01:17
That can be misunderstood in so many ways... :D I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that ahaha

I use a PC character for a portable hole.This is actually a very good workaround! (when you get past the double entendre)
I hope eventually to handle tracking bag capacity, which you workaround already does! And it actually makes it 'hard' for players to access that during combat and such...

dellanx
September 15th, 2020, 10:18

(Sorry, I blame the internet for corrupting me :D and my friends, I blame them for that, too! :D )

It is a 'blank': character sheet titled "portable hole" used for party loot. LOL

dellanx
September 15th, 2020, 10:25
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that ahaha

This is actually a very good workaround! (when you get past the double entendre)
I hope eventually to handle tracking bag capacity, which you workaround already does! And it actually makes it 'hard' for players to access that during combat and such...

Yeah, I don't feel they have a grip of what is in that "portable hole", but they don't have to because they made a decision to sell that stuff. What they wish to keep is on them in a "bag of holding" or a "handy hoversack" or carried or equipped, etc.

bmos
September 15th, 2020, 11:40
Yeah, I don't feel they have a grip of what is in that "portable hole", but they don't have to because they made a decision to sell that stuff. What they wish to keep is on them in a "bag of holding" or a "handy hoversack" or carried or equipped, etc.Oh, that makes a lot of sense. It would be rather hard to see what all you have thrown into a pit!

dellanx
September 16th, 2020, 02:12
Oh, that makes a lot of sense. It would be rather hard to see what all you have thrown into a pit!

Besides one has to put a portable hole down, one can't do that in combat. Can one?

bmos
September 16th, 2020, 11:43
Besides one has to put a portable hole down, one can't do that in combat. Can one?Certainly not easily! I was mostly thinking of using that approach for bags of holding as well (since people often share their bags narratively with the group but tracking such items gets funky).

dellanx
September 16th, 2020, 12:21
Certainly not easily! I was mostly thinking of using that approach for bags of holding as well (since people often share their bags narratively with the group but tracking such items gets funky).

My lower level group may opt to get a donkey for their storage needs. This may be fun.

Donkeys are not flight animals like horses, so you cannot as easily scare them into certain action or behavior. ... If a donkey is unsure of where they're being led, it will stop and consider the situation before proceeding. Some call this characteristic stubbornness or stupidity.

bmos
September 22nd, 2020, 01:29
I'm working on v3.0.0 which (among other things) re-implements coin weight via the traditional inventory approach. A new inventory item will be created when there there are at least 50 coins and removed when there are not.

This allows you to leverage the new Portable hole/bag of holding support rather than requiring two columns of coins!

There are still 2 columns of coins for now though ;)
Does anyone find the second column useful?
If I don't hear any 'yes' replies I will be removing it.

Asgurgolas
September 22nd, 2020, 15:01
At the moment, I use the second column for coins inside a bag of holding/handy haversack/portable hole/belt of many pockets/mules. It's actually very useful :D
Because I'm actually a **** to my players, I'd want to ask if it's possible (eventually, just tell me where to edit and I'll try it myself) to check weight for single coins instead of stacks of 50 (0.02 per coin I think?)

One thing I wish to ask: A bag of holding (type I) holds 250 lbs of stuff, for example. Is there a way to calculate the amount of weight inside a container without having to change its name (removing the "holding" part) and seeing how much does encumbrance change? Mostly because of those players stuffing a crapload of items in their dimensional pockets making it a pain for me to check their capacity after every single session.

mozmonar
September 22nd, 2020, 15:58
Along with this round of Tuesday updates (https://www.patreon.com/posts/41744906) (which includes v2.0.8 of Total Encumbrance), I have also uploaded beta.1 of v3.0.0 which re-implements coin weight via the traditional inventory approach. A new inventory item will be created when there there are at least 50 coins and removed when there are not.

This allows you to leverage the new Portable hole/bag of holding support rather than requiring two columns of coins!

There are still 2 columns of coins for now though ;)
Does anyone find the second column useful?
If I don't hear any 'yes' replies I will be removing it.

I am fine with it being there or not. One thing perhaps to consider...if you are going to remove the second column maybe phase it out rather than just dropping it because if people have coins recorded there and then it disappears with an update they will no longer be able to see how much coin wealth they have.

mozmonar
September 22nd, 2020, 16:07
Or I suppose you could add whatever value is in column 2 to column 1 (in case column 1 is a non zero value) with your update.

bmos
September 22nd, 2020, 17:07
Or I suppose you could add whatever value is in column 2 to column 1 (in case column 1 is a non zero value) with your update.That's actually what I was planning to do, but thanks for the heads up (and sharing your preference). It is appreciated.

At the moment, I use the second column for coins inside a bag of holding/handy haversack/portable hole/belt of many pockets/mules. It's actually very useful :D
Because I'm actually a **** to my players, I'd want to ask if it's possible (eventually, just tell me where to edit and I'll try it myself) to check weight for single coins instead of stacks of 50 (0.02 per coin I think?)My favorite type of GM (put on your leather chaps and tell me why I've been a naughty player ;) )
I think you can change this line in scripts/coins_weight.lua from:

local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = math.floor((nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit())
to:

local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = (nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit()
but I haven't tested that so you might need to further adjust it to round to a particular decimal place (if you get some really long numbers):

local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = (nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit()
nTotalCoinWeightToSet = LibTotalEncumbrance.round(nTotalCoinWeightToSet, 2)
Essentially, it's already counting every coin, but I'm rounding down to avoid jankiness. I think the effect of your proposed change would be that everyone is carrying 1more weight unit than normal since the carrying capacities are not in decimal format. Technically this is correct by the rules, I suppose.

One thing I wish to ask: A bag of holding (type I) holds 250 lbs of stuff, for example. Is there a way to calculate the amount of weight inside a container without having to change its name (removing the "holding" part) and seeing how much does encumbrance change? Mostly because of those players stuffing a crapload of items in their dimensional pockets making it a pain for me to check their capacity after every single session.This is my biggest pet peeve in all of Pathfinder, so I am definitely going to implement this by the time v3.0.0 releases.

A workaround for the stable version would be to set the bag to "equipped" and you should see the total which should save you time.

The other solutions for this that I have seen can only handle one extradimensional container, which is probably insufficient to satisfy players when they realize they can't carry their homes on their backs (https://labyrinth.fandom.com/wiki/The_Junk_Lady) with only one dimension-splitting magical item.

bmos
September 23rd, 2020, 22:55
beta.5 is here (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.5)
I'm pretty sure bag of holding support is done and it supports any number of extraplanar storage containers with individual weight limits.

I actually managed to reduce the total lines of code by around 150 compared to the current release version, despite adding the new functionality!
A bit more cleanup and a bunch of compatibility testing with other extensions before I call this 'current' though.

Demo video:
https://youtu.be/u4PDWxNbzTo

EDIT: beta.6 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.6) which mostly contains improvements for homebrew GMs (you can now easily define currency-specific weights and new extraplanar containers).

bmos
September 28th, 2020, 01:13
After a 4.5 hour session with my group today with zero issues (and quite a bit of testing this week), I give you all.... (drumroll) version 3!
Now with significantly better (dare I say almost perfect?) extra planar storage and a much simpler approach to coin tracking (that should hopefully avoid the data-entry mistakes I saw people make with the two-column approach).
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.0.0

Other than the version number, this is the same as the v3.0.0-rc.1 build that I had on github for a couple of days.

bmos
September 29th, 2020, 18:47
v3.0.1 Hotfix for recursion issues (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.0.1)

jesuita
October 27th, 2020, 07:58
Hello there, I've been getting this error with my player's fighter. I checked the files and saw that it's regarding Armor Training ability, what should I do in this case?

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char_TE.lua"]:116: attempt to compare number with nil
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char_TE.lua"]:116: attempt to compare number with nil

Kind Regards

bmos
October 27th, 2020, 11:56
Hello there, I've been getting this error with my player's fighter. I checked the files and saw that it's regarding Armor Training ability, what should I do in this case?

Runtime Notice: Host session started

Kind RegardsThere's something weird about that player's character.
Perhaps their fighter class has its name changed for some Archetype or something (which should be in Abilities tab)?
Anyway, it's not seeing a number for their level of fighter.
Can you send me your db.xml file?

jesuita
October 27th, 2020, 15:59
That was it, my players love to play with Archetypes, this fighter is using the Drill Sargent archetype.
I made a quick change on the line above to include the name he used "Fighter (Drill Sargent)" and voila! working! :)
Just got to remember when my guys start creating fighters with different archetypes lol
Thank you bmos!

bmos
October 27th, 2020, 17:20
That was it, my players love to play with Archetypes, this fighter is using the Drill Sargent archetype.
I made a quick change on the line above to include the name he used "Fighter (Drill Sargent)" and voila! working! :)
Just got to remember when my guys start creating fighters with different archetypes lol
Thank you bmos!Glad to hear it!
Or just put Archetypes where they are 'supposed' to go (in Class Features of Abilities tab) ;)

ssostac1
October 31st, 2020, 19:59
Howdy,

Just wanted to say I *love* your extensions. One question, for the Total Encumbrance extension, I used to use the 1st coin column to keep track of the coins actually on the character, and the 2nd column for the coins they have but are not on their person (i.e. in the bank or in their room, not adding to encumbrance). With v3.0 of this extension, is there a way to keep track of the coins physically on the character and coins the character has stashed?

Thanks!

Scott

bmos
October 31st, 2020, 20:06
Howdy,

Just wanted to say I *love* your extensions. One question, for the Total Encumbrance extension, I used to use the 1st coin column to keep track of the coins actually on the character, and the 2nd column for the coins they have but are not on their person (i.e. in the bank or in their room, not adding to encumbrance). With v3.0 of this extension, is there a way to keep track of the coins physically on the character and coins the character has stashed?

Thanks!

ScottHi Scott,
So glad you're liking the extensions. There is not a way to divide coins between two locations anymore, but there is a way to negate coin weight for specific characters (which is what I saw people using that feature for).
You can read about this feature in the version 3.0 release notes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.0.0). If you are keeping coins in a bank or something where you actually want to track them separately, the best approach right now would be to use the Treasure box's notes field. If this is the case, please let me know (I had tried to ask around when making that change (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58641-PFRPG-Total-Encumbrance-Extension&p=543819&viewfull=1#post543819), but I didn't wait very long before axing it).

ssostac1
October 31st, 2020, 20:29
Ok no worries, I can definitely use the notes field. I was just wondering if I was missing anything.

Thanks!

bmos
October 31st, 2020, 21:09
Ok no worries, I can definitely use the notes field. I was just wondering if I was missing anything.

Thanks!You might also consider making a 'bank account' parcel for the player.
Probably easier than using the notes field.

ssostac1
October 31st, 2020, 21:35
oh good idea, never thought of that!

bmos
November 26th, 2020, 13:50
Total Encumbrance v3.3 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.3) now supports bags, pouches, backpacks, and quivers.
Items nested under these containers have their weights tallied into fields in the container's item page and a chat message will be posted if this total contents weight exceeds the capacity weight entered.

What other container names should I be checking for? Sack? Box? Case?

Show of hands regarding volume+size calculation also?
This would require entering dimensions for all items and container volume and interior dimensions.

Zygmunt Molotch
November 26th, 2020, 16:05
I'm down for volume :)

Kelrugem
November 26th, 2020, 16:55
Yes, please volume, but with normal (=metric) units (in case you make a module for these)! :D

Zygmunt Molotch
November 26th, 2020, 16:56
Yes, please volume, but with normal (=metric) units (in case you make a module for these)! :D

only issue with that, sadly is everything from 1e to pf is imperial (I know, I know it doesn't make it right...(options though...))

Kelrugem
November 26th, 2020, 17:06
only issue with that, sadly is everything from 1e to pf is imperial (I know, I know it doesn't make it right...(options though...))

Yeah, I know, I was making a joke :D With weights I do not have problems anymore when they are in lbs (most of the time), for lengths feet work for me (but I still often need to think a while until I can imagine a certain length), but for volumes etc. I always need to use a converter because the imagination of sizes in my brain is then completely lost :D

bmos
November 26th, 2020, 17:14
Yeah, I know, I was making a joke :D With weights I do not have problems anymore when they are in lbs (most of the time), for lengths feet work for me (but I still often need to think a while until I can imagine a certain length), but for volumes etc. I always need to use a converter because the imagination of sizes in my brain is then completely lost :DI actually have a converter built into this extension (in case you have not seen). :)
I don't use it the feature (on behalf of my players), but I am trying to keep my role in perpetuating nonsense (the use of imperial measurements) low so I added it for those who might use it.

Fortunately with volume there are no pre-entered figures so it would be up to each user which units they use!

Kelrugem
November 26th, 2020, 17:28
I actually have a converter built into this extension (in case you have not seen). :)
I don't use it although I do much prefer base10 systems, but I am trying to keep my role in perpetuating nonsense low.

Fortunately with volume there are no pre-entered figures so it would be up to each user which units they use!

uuh, a converter is nice, cool :D

(I couldn't test any extensions yet, because I did not run any game since 11 months due to my thesis :D)

bmos
November 26th, 2020, 22:44
Time!

Here is a Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.2 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.4-beta.2) that has support for volume.
It checks the largest dimension of each item in a container against the largest dimension of the container's internal capacity.
It also checks the sum total volume of every item in the container against the internal volume of the container.
I also fixes the months-long bug where encumbrance penalty colors were not always correct!
The volume calculation feature is off by default as this is not something most users will probably want. Just open options and enable "Encumbrance: Container/Item Volume".
Because of this, I would appreciate if some non-volume-interested users would also use this test version but leave that disabled to ensure that there are not side effects of the feature being added (disabled) and to provide feedback on the new user interface design choices.

EDIT: Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.3 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.4-beta.3) has a script error hotfix.

EDIT2: Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.4 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.4-beta.4) has another script error hotfix.

EDIT3: Total Encumbrance v3.4 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-TotalEncumbrance/releases/tag/v3.4) is now released which improves the UI over the beta versions.

bmos
March 6th, 2021, 13:01
In working to update this for the Feb 16th update, I'm coming to the conclusion that this extension has gotten too big.
My plan is to rework it into a few smaller extensions:
1) Container capacities
2) Coin weight
3) Encumbrance penalties

I plan to develop them in that order.

Zygmunt Molotch
March 6th, 2021, 15:09
In working to update this for the Feb 16th update, I'm coming to the conclusion that this extension has gotten too big.
1) Container capacities
2) Coin weight
3) Encumbrance penalties

cool idea, compartmentalise

I guess feat adjustments for speed and encumbrance and such will potentially be in the third?

bmos
March 6th, 2021, 16:41
I guess feat adjustments for speed and encumbrance and such will potentially be in the third?Yeah. It's probably going to be penalties and carrying capacity automation (of Ant Haul and such).

Urheil
May 5th, 2021, 18:30
1) Container capacities
2) Coin weight
3) Encumbrance penalties

I'll be waiting for number 3! Thanks for the hardwork!

bmos
May 5th, 2021, 21:22
I'll be waiting for number 3! Thanks for the hardwork!
It is currently available as a beta.
I haven't received much feedback, so I don't know whether it's stable yet or not.
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Encumbrance-Penalties/releases/tag/v1.0-beta.1

chaiwalla
May 5th, 2021, 22:40
Where's a good place to leave feedback? I've had it running since you released the beta. I'm using the latest version of FGU, running PF1e, with some of your other extensions and Kelrugem's Overlay Package. The encumbrance penalties aren't showing up in the boxes (nor do they affect skill checks).

bmos
May 5th, 2021, 22:43
Where's a good place to leave feedback? I've had it running since you released the beta. I'm using the latest version of FGU, running PF1e, with some of your other extensions and Kelrugem's Overlay Package. The encumbrance penalties aren't showing up in the boxes (nor do they affect skill checks).Ah, thanks for that.
I'll do some testing of my own and see what is going on. For now this works I guess :)

EDIT: it looks like an old bug has returned. the carried state is out of sync with the penalties applied (togging from uncarried to carried returns uncarried -- carried to equipped returns carried). I'll post a new version when I figure out how to fix it again.

Urheil
May 6th, 2021, 14:00
Ah, thanks for that.
I'll do some testing of my own and see what is going on. For now this works I guess :)

EDIT: it looks like an old bug has returned. the carried state is out of sync with the penalties applied (togging from uncarried to carried returns uncarried -- carried to equipped returns carried). I'll post a new version when I figure out how to fix it again.

I'll be waiting eager to hearing from that!

Also, in the version i had, it calculated the cost of the equipment. That's very useful for me to balance the party. In which of the three extension is that option?

DCrumb
May 6th, 2021, 15:27
Head here for the cost of equipment: PFRPG Net Worth (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68093-PFRPG-Net-Worth).

bmos
May 6th, 2021, 17:53
Head here for the cost of equipment: PFRPG Net Worth (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68093-PFRPG-Net-Worth).

added to first post

bmos
May 7th, 2021, 19:22
I'll be waiting eager to hearing from that!I think I've fixed it all. At least most of it! :)
Here is a release thread, although for now I'm calling my current build a release candidate since it could use more testing.
PFRPG Encumbrance Penalties (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68289-PFRPG-3-5E-Encumbrance-Extension)

Urheil
May 8th, 2021, 05:06
I think I've fixed it all. At least most of it! :)
Here is a release thread, although for now I'm calling my current build a release candidate since it could use more testing.

Awesome!

Thanks!!!

Idward
March 6th, 2022, 22:52
Hi, just a quick question. Are there any plans to extend this into the Pathfinder 2 ruleset? I don't see the options with bags of holding or backpacks.

bmos
March 6th, 2022, 23:06
Hi, just a quick question. Are there any plans to extend this into the Pathfinder 2 ruleset? I don't see the options with bags of holding or backpacks.

This extension was deprecated a while back since I broke it up into pieces so I could bring them to more rulesets.
Extraplanar Containers (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/13/view) is going to support PFRPG2 very soon. Coins Weight (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/11/view) already does. Encumbrance penalties (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/16/view) doesn't.

Idward
March 6th, 2022, 23:12
Ah ok thanks!