PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Is Caring (5E, 2E, Pathfinder 2E)

damned
June 1st, 2020, 01:59
Extension Name: Sharing Is Caring

This extension allows players to share data on their
Spells
Abilities
Feats
Class
Race
Items
Skills
To the chat window so that the DM and other players can see/read.

Incompatibilities with Audioseer have been resolved and has now moved to the Forge:

5E Version
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/549/view

2E Version
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1167/view

Pathfinder 2E Version
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1168/view

The attached file is for FG Classic only and for 5E only.

Three of Swords
June 1st, 2020, 14:50
Damned, this is really cool! It's text only (doesn't reproduce links), but it's still very useful!

damned
June 1st, 2020, 15:21
Damned, this is really cool! It's text only (doesn't reproduce links), but it's still very useful!

yes it is text only. mostly its for when you want to use something and there might be discussion/debate about its usage. click to share and everyone can read it unlike when you drag the link into chat.

Stv
June 1st, 2020, 17:54
Very handy,
Nice job :)

Cheers, Steve.

Three of Swords
June 3rd, 2020, 15:45
Unfortunately when I have this extension enabled, it won't roll properly. The 3d dice rolls, but no results are shown in the chat window. Saving throws, skill checks, etc.

I tested with no other extensions enabled and the same thing happens.

I haven't updated FG in a while for fear of breaking another extension, so maybe that's it. Just thought I'd share.

It works now. TY for updating.

damned
June 3rd, 2020, 16:27
teeny weeny error!
thanks for reporting.
uploadng new version right now.

Bretwulf
July 14th, 2020, 05:40
Hello, Damned.
Have been using your extensions for the longest time, but i recently migrated into implementing my own system into core rpg.
It is possible to port this specific extension to core rpg? I tried everything, but my limited XML knowledge didn't let me proceed haha.

Thanks in advance, even if it's undoable.

damned
July 14th, 2020, 06:02
It is possible Bretwulf but there arent really and data types in CoreRPG. There is Abilities - but I cant think of anything else?
I am going to build this into MoreCore soon but that has far more data types...

Bretwulf
July 14th, 2020, 06:10
What about 3.5 based systems? Like PF, for instance...
I tried to muzzle around a bit, trying to change the record_[THING] to match the 3.5e ruleset, but haven't got any luck until now. I guess it's about me not changing the window classes in the campaign folder inside the extension, but i don't know what should i exchange in this part.

PS: I'm modifying your extension just for personal use, don't hunt me down please HAHA

damned
July 14th, 2020, 06:16
Its not possible to build a CoreRPG variant that will work with all rulesets as rulesets vary significantly in what data types they use and what fields they use in those too.

For example in Items I do the following:

<script>
function action(draginfo)
local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();

local sName1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "name", 0);
local sText1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "description", 0);
local sType1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "type", 0);
local sCost1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "cost", 0);
local sWeight1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "weight", 0);
local sAC1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "ac", 0);
local sDamage1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "damage", 0);
local sProperties1 = DB.getText(nodeWin, "properties", 0);

if sType1 == "Weapon" then
local sMessage = "**" .. sType1 .. ": " .. sName1 .. "\n\nCost: " .. sCost1 .. "\nWeight: " .. sWeight1 .. "\n\nDamage: " .. sDamage1 .. "\nProperties: " .. sProperties1 .. "\n\nDescription: " .. sText1 .. "\n\n";
msg = {font = "narratorfont", mode = "damned"};
msg.text = sMessage;
Comm.deliverChatMessage(msg);
elseif sType1 == "Armor" then
local sMessage = "**" .. sType1 .. ": " .. sName1 .. "\n\nCost: " .. sCost1 .. "\nWeight: " .. sWeight1 .. "\n\nAC Base: " .. sAC1 .. "\n\nDescription: " .. sText1 .. "\n\n";
msg.text = sMessage;
else
local sMessage = "**" .. sType1 .. ": " .. sName1 .. "\n\nCost: " .. sCost1 .. "\nWeight: " .. sWeight1 .. "\n\nDescription: " .. sText1 .. "\n\n";
msg.text = sMessage;
end

return true;
end

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
return action(draginfo);
end

function onClickRelease(x, y)
return action();
end
</script>

So I collect its Name, Desc, Type, Cost, Weight, AC, Damage and Properties, and then it displays different info its a weapon or of its armour.
It pretty much has to be built for each ruleset...

Bretwulf
July 14th, 2020, 06:20
Gotcha.
Guess i will have to modify it so much that i might actually break the extension.
Anyway, thank you very much for the advice!

And keep up with the good work, i absolutely love your extensions!

Neovirtus
July 16th, 2020, 19:59
Hey Damned, This is a great extension I just started using recently. I have been using it with SirMotte's themes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58034-Theme-5E-SirMottes-Magnificent-Darkness), and because of the changes he made to text, when the content was shared to the chat window it was illegible. I just hacked together a dark frame version of your theme for my own use, and thought I'd share it back to you here. Feel free to adopt, modify, redistribute, etc for the users of your theme.

Thanks for your hard work on the theme, I really like it!.

SirMotte
February 18th, 2021, 21:22
Will definitely add support as soon as I get to Update the Theme again at some point in April!
Also: Very neat extension! Thanks damned.

charmov
February 19th, 2021, 23:24
Can't wait to share this with my players! Thanks!
@lavoiejh respect for the hack

charmov
February 20th, 2021, 19:20
There is a minor issue regarding this extension and the Player Agency Extension. When loaded together on the FGU 5e ruleset, world builder entries overlap with the share toggle circle. This won't affect my use of either extension. 44030

damned
February 20th, 2021, 23:14
Can you repost your image?

charmov
February 20th, 2021, 23:31
sure thing44046

Milmoor
March 4th, 2021, 11:17
Thanks for this great extension. This shortcuts some discussion: what does that spell say exactly?

spoonhead
May 17th, 2021, 09:53
I don't suppose there is a PF2 version of this somewhere?

damned
May 17th, 2021, 11:11
I don't suppose there is a PF2 version of this somewhere?

Not yet.

Drogo210
June 5th, 2021, 08:44
Nice Extension, especially for DMs like me that forget any spell effects...ihihihi. I am wondering if you can add to class features. For example I cannot share Rage of barbarian and similar. Thanks

Ecks
August 10th, 2021, 04:26
FYI, I've been seeing a (probably benign) warning when using this extension whenever opening a window with the chat icon, e.g.:

[WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (ability_header)

mattekure
January 21st, 2022, 16:51
Will this be published to the Forge?

damned
January 22nd, 2022, 02:24
I have some updates for this and Player Agency that should get done in early February and then they will move to the Forge.

mattekure
January 22nd, 2022, 02:33
I have some updates for this and Player Agency that should get done in early February and then they will move to the Forge.

Awesome, look forward to it.

redba
January 22nd, 2022, 07:14
Oh yessss well done as always @damned

damned
March 11th, 2022, 23:54
Incompatibilities with Audioseer have been resolved and has now moved to the Forge:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/549/view

EllivasKram
September 5th, 2022, 19:34
I have UI scale 80. And the Sharing icon seems to blend a little to much into other icons. Is it just me. ?

damned
September 6th, 2022, 01:05
It is always less than perfect on the Wizards theme.

Ecks
November 19th, 2022, 23:46
FYI, with the latest version from the Forge (1.1 20220312), I see a warning printed to the console whenever a window with the sharing icon is opened:

[WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (item_header)
It doesn't seem to cause any issue, but it does fill the log with warnings.

The version attached to the first post in this thread is older (0.9 20200531) and has the same issue. Looking at it, it looks like the following change would resolve the warning:

--- a/campaign/template_chat_spells.xml
+++ b/campaign/template_chat_spells.xml
@@ -5,7 +5,7 @@
<template name="button_chat_icon">
<buttoncontrol>
<anchored width="16" />
- <icon normal="button_chat" pressed="down" />
+ <icon normal="button_chat" pressed="button_chat" />
</buttoncontrol>
</template>

EllivasKram
March 10th, 2023, 22:31
Hi @damned Just updated Diablo’s portals revamped from forge. And this extn is causing the Lights toggle option to just not show. Weird but true.

Thought I would let you know as maybe diablo has not opened/defined the window correctly to work with your extension running. The window like many others doesn’t have your little bubble icon so it’s just weird.

damned
March 11th, 2023, 08:13
I dont have that extension. Ive just had a look over my code and dont see anything glaringly obvious.

I add the chat buttons to:
Abilities
Backgrounds
Classes
Feats
Items
Powers
Races
Skills

spencerg
April 15th, 2023, 06:53
Hi @damned! once again a really great extension! My only request - could you make it compatible with D&D classic (AD&D 2e) ruleset? I'm not looking for everything if that's too much, just the Core rpg stuff. That would be amazing. I play 2e now and I miss this extension so much.
Id say items, skills, classes, kits, spells - similar to 5e.

damned
April 15th, 2023, 13:13
Ive uploaded a build for 2E. Please share with me what I have missed.

anstett
April 15th, 2023, 16:41
Thank you! Will be testing this over the next couple of sessions and report back.

spencerg
April 15th, 2023, 17:19
Thank you so much! - I will send you a msg with a report.

spencerg
April 15th, 2023, 17:36
disregard** didn't realize you made a new extension :)

spencerg
April 15th, 2023, 20:47
Support for sending #Notes to chat would be amazing - lots of players keep them in my game, and them being able to broadcast to chat would be really helpful to everyone.

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2023, 21:55
Players can already do that no? Just tick the public box and everyone can access it from notes. Players can also drag and drop the link to chat.

spencerg
April 15th, 2023, 22:33
They can share/make public yes -

broadcast to chat - no

What I mean is treat notes like this extensions treats every other record, i.e. skills, classes - and just send the information (public) to the chat window :))

In any event, the 2e version of this extension covers all the most helpful data points, I'd say character notes is very low priority considering NOBODY uses them 9/10.

I just always thought it would be neat to send them to the log - as well as images (But i know ladder is not possible).

Thank you for this @damned - this is really great.

PS. Anyone looking for the 2e support, know its a separate extension (2e Sharing is Caring) - I first assumed that because it was this thread, that it was the same extension just extended with a switch statement or something to support other rulesets.

MaxAstro
April 22nd, 2023, 03:05
Ive uploaded a build for 2E. Please share with me what I have missed.

In dark theme the notes share with white text on a light background, making them basically illegible.

Other then that I love this extension! And I would agree that adding the ability to share Notes would be nice.

damned
April 22nd, 2023, 04:33
In dark theme the notes share with white text on a light background, making them basically illegible.

Other then that I love this extension! And I would agree that adding the ability to share Notes would be nice.

What ruleset please?

MaxAstro
April 22nd, 2023, 04:50
What ruleset please?

Sorry! PF2e.

Xerophilex
April 22nd, 2023, 11:06
I really want to use this extension but the button placement looks very ugly using the official 5e theme. It's overlapping with the link button. Could this be fixed?

damned
April 22nd, 2023, 11:55
I really want to use this extension but the button placement looks very ugly using the official 5e theme. It's overlapping with the link button. Could this be fixed?

It cant be made to work nicely with every theme.

damned
April 23rd, 2023, 04:23
This now works with the Dark theme however I am unable to fix the positioning for the Wizards Official Theme without creating a whole new build specific just to that theme which I am not keen on doing sorry.

rarerooster
July 13th, 2023, 19:58
BUG: Incompatible with DM Tools & Critically Awesome Essentials by DiabloBob & Rob Twohy.
Critically Awesome Essentials allows the DM and players to add a token to spells and drag them to the combat map. This is setup under Actions in the character sheet. To specify the size of the token used by the spell you can modify the token in a Spell Token window.

Sharing is Caring extension enabled, the DM and players can no long access the Spell Token window (by clicking the gear icon) which is required to set the token size. Instead, the Target feature is toggled.

Dudin
July 13th, 2023, 20:21
For 5E, has the functionality of this extension been implemented into base programs? I believe it has been, but wanted to confirm if there is a reason I should keep using damned's version if SW incorporated it already.

damned
July 13th, 2023, 23:55
I think you can stop using Sharing is Caring in 5E now.
I havent had time to test myself but Im pretty sure that is the case.

Farnaby
January 13th, 2024, 12:38
I can't see the extension anymore in my PF2 campaign.
Thanks to the remaster project there are now 2 ruleset names PFRPG2 and PFRPG2-Legacy.
Can you please add the new name?

Thanks

damned
January 14th, 2024, 04:40
I can't see the extension anymore in my PF2 campaign.
Thanks to the remaster project there are now 2 ruleset names PFRPG2 and PFRPG2-Legacy.
Can you please add the new name?

Thanks

Done.

spencerg
March 28th, 2024, 05:57
Would it be possible to fix sharing is caring for 2e (DnD classic). Recent updates nuked it. It’s one of my favorites.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2024, 20:14
This could be added directly to 2E, like was done in 5E. Look at "chat_output" button menu addition; and the RecordShareManager global script.

Regards,
JPG

spencerg
March 29th, 2024, 16:43
I was just going to ask - i didn’t want to step on toes but it is in 5e core already…

I’ll get on that -