PDA

View Full Version : DM LFP for Homebrew Monster Hunt/Survival game

kvorak2
May 31st, 2020, 23:15
As you enter the village of Albior, little more than a cluster of wood-and-thatch buildings on stilts among the jungle, you notice a scroll nailed to The Boards outside the chief's hut. It reads:

"Heroes Wanted: Adventurers, Hunters and Survivalists inquire within.

Able-bodied persons wanted to hunt/track jungle monsters.
Bounties to be paid upon delivery."

Hey everybody, I am looking for a group of 4-6 players to fill out a party for a homebrew campaign world I have been developing. I would particularly encourage players interested in an RP-heavy game with few NPCs (making things very hero/character driven). A few notes about the campaign:

- standard, canon D&D 5e except where noted below
- low population game world. While ruins of major cities may exist to be found, most people are still living tribally
- the game is set in a tropical jungle environment where roads are just a dream and the environment itself is often a threat
- will be playtesting https://growupandgame.com/dungeons-and-dragons/questionable-arcana/dnd-5e-alternative-crafting-system-item-crafting-rules/

And regarding the kind of game I'd like to get going:

- an open-world, sandbox environment (provided by me) with character-driven, episodic plot-lines (provided by you)
- a game with short adventures designed to run in only a couple of sessions, to allow for RL or absent players without dislodging the above plots
- a game with a session 0 so we can have some discussion about what we want to play, not about what I have decided to write.

And finally, about me. I've been playing D&D in one form or another for ~30 years and have been the forever DM for most of them; I like it though. I usually prefer to play between 02:00 to 06:00 GMT (I am GMT -4) weeknights not Thursday; I would like to shoot for Tuesday night and play once a week, but could be open to changes if the group wants to talk about it. I have a Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate license, so please feel free to join :)

Voice provided by Discord.

PhorgottenSon
June 1st, 2020, 19:56
sent PM, very interested in this game. Thank you.

Kelebrimbal
June 3rd, 2020, 22:59
I am interested in playing, depending on which day of the week. Will send private.

Ceyote
June 3rd, 2020, 23:09
Sounds great, and definitely interested as well. Will send a PM.

LyonArd
June 4th, 2020, 18:18
Pretty interested, I've sent/will send a pm